PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Addiction

Jane
11-11-2001, 04:21 PM
I can't stop snacking on grapes. I know its not from lack of carbs because i had a cheat day yesterday (and today, apparently). I tried distributing my fat equally through my meals for more satisfaction and it didnt help.

Remind me again what the fructose is going to do?

big calvin
11-11-2001, 04:53 PM
i think its cause the liver can only hold so much frutose so if u go over board it goes to fat cells but how many grams of carbs from fruit are u eating? if your eating carbs from other sources(oats,brown rice,yams) and some some portions of fruit i dont think it would harm u but grapes is not the best choice, if u see that your gonna go out of control with fruit try reaching for apples or strawberries.

Jane
11-11-2001, 05:09 PM
today was kind of a weird day. In terms of carbohudrates today, i had a loaded breakfast including a big bowl of cereal and 2 cups milk, then veggies at lunch, and now nonstop fruit. I havent had any rice, potato, oatmeal etc. today. Dont know if thats important at all.

why strawberries and apples?

Alex.V
11-11-2001, 05:18 PM
Lower GI, higher in fiber. Actually, in general, the lower GI a fruit is, the higher its fructose content (relative to glucose/sucrose).

It could be a number of things, Jane. Grapes are filling, usually pretty refreshing, and satisfy a sweet tooth. If you had a big, carb loaded day early on, you could be crashing right about now. Low blood sugar often leads to sweet cravings.

Jane
11-11-2001, 05:47 PM
oy...my tummy hurts.

oh well, its not like this will happen again this week, since i just ate the weeks supply. :eek:

:hide:

Wizard
11-11-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Jane

oh well, its not like this will happen again this week, since i just ate the weeks supply. :eek:

:hide:

:eek:

As calvin said:"I think its cause the liver can only hold so much frutose so if u go over board it goes to fat cells".
It can't be stored as glycogen in the muscles.

Budiak
11-12-2001, 02:05 AM
Grapes are great. If they're ripe and cold, they have an extremely satisfying mouth feel and they do satisfy a sweet tooth, unlike apples or oranges. They also have a high water content and decent fiber content, so they are also filling, far more filling than mangoes or apples(too bad because I love apples...)

Basically one grape has one gram of carbohydrate. Do the math.

Wizard
11-12-2001, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Budiak

Basically one grape has one gram of carbohydrate. Do the math.

:alcoholic