PDA

View Full Version : Help me lower my BF%

bg_bigguy_bg
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey everyone i am at 23% at the moment and i need help with a diet and supplements so if anyone can help that would be great. Any info is greatly appreciated.

bg_bigguy_bg
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
i already lift hard and if you have any questions of my work out i can post them.

crazedwombat
12-02-2004, 09:05 AM
diet, cardio, and creatine

bg_bigguy_bg
12-02-2004, 09:12 AM
What kind of diet do you recomend me following is what i am wondering if anyone can give me any examples that would be great. I am 6' and 269lbs help please thx

maverick9614
12-02-2004, 10:41 AM
The best thing I can advise, having come from the Atkins way of thinking, is to try cutting processed sugars. They are unnatural, leave you hungry later, and are wasted amounts of nutrients and energy that could be doing you some good.

First I would determine your minimal amount of calories needed for a day. This can be done by searching Basal Metabolism within this site.

Next, make about 40% of that protein. Remember that protein has 4 calories per gram. Given that my basal metabolism is 2600 calories, I should be eating about 1000 cal's protein (approx) which equates to around 250 g's.

The rest of your calories should come from fat and naturally occuring, low glycemic loads of carbs. Examples of these carbs are veggies and whole wheat breads, though this should be an area of caution. The best way to determine the glycemic load of something is to think "is this going to give me a rush and then let me down?" Avoid these like the plague. This includes POP. Get rid of it! If you want a rant on that, email me.

Now that you have the amount of calories you need, break these up into about 6 equal servings. This will keep your blood sugar and metabolism at a constant rate and you will actually burn more net calories than simply denying yourself the calories you need.

As for your lifting, try to stay to core lifts: squats, deadlifts, cleans, and presses. These are proven to build more muscle and work more muscle at once. Both of these will help you burn calories.

As for the creatine suggestion, it willl help increase your lean body mass, which will in turn burn more calories, but I think a good thermogenic would be more cost effective and likely have less adverse effects. Creatine, from my personal experience, vastly dehydrates you, despite the fact I was drinking a gallon more water a day. I had terrible headaches during the loading phase and got to the point where I couldn't drink more water.

If you come to the point where you are ravenously hungry and must eat something, find things like green beans. An entire can is only 90 cals and will fill you up for a while.

Also, drink more water! When you eat more protein, you produce more nitrogenous waste that increases strain on your kidneys. If you drink more water, it will reduce this load and keep you filled up during the day.

Now, let everyone refute me as I know they will, but this has worked for me (read my sig), and I cant gauruntee anything. Good luck though.

maverick9614
12-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Forgot: get a good multi vitamin, specifically those high on B vitamins. These give you more energy and are significantly lacking in low carb diets.

Vido
12-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I think Maverick's advice is pretty much bang-on.

bg_bigguy_bg
12-03-2004, 08:39 AM
thank you everyone