PDA

View Full Version : so i added some protein to my oats this morning....

thajeepster
12-02-2004, 03:16 PM
I needed a quick breakfast this morning so i added a scoop of my Isopure vanilla protein to my oats with water, when i nuked it, about 2 mins it turned into a solid oat cake, like a muffin or something in my bowl, how do you guys do this? Am I doing something wrong? It was really tough and hard to break up, I added some milk and ate it anyways, did i destroy the protein? Has this happened to anyone else?

ryuage
12-02-2004, 03:18 PM
you might wanna cook the oatmeal and then add the protein

Vido
12-02-2004, 03:20 PM
you might wanna cook the oatmeal and then add the protein

Yup

getfit
12-02-2004, 03:43 PM
i also add egg whites to my oatmeal don't know if it sounds gross but then again i have strange taste buds LOL!

kilsby
12-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Deffo add the protein afterwards and you might want to add a little more water to your oats than you normally would as the protein will soak it up.

trojan1444
12-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Here's what I do and it works GREAT:

Cook your oatmeal first, with a little less water than you normally would, and for maybe 15-30 seconds longer than normal. While the oatmeal is cooking, mix your protein with some extra water and stir it up. Then when the oatmeal is done cooking, pour the protein into the oatmeal and stir. PERFECT.

Jabberwocky
12-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Or this morning I mixed oats, whey, natty pb, and splenda in blender. Pretty damn good.

akomabutisakama
12-02-2004, 07:37 PM
isopure is chalky period theres no way yo can get it to blend good

RickTheDestroyer
12-02-2004, 07:51 PM
I use unflavored milk/egg/whatever protein in my oatmeal, and I always throw it in before I cook it. I put in a little extra milk, and pull it out and stir it every minute or so to keep it from turning into a brick. I add more milk once it's cooked. And then I put in smart balance and some sugar because I'm a fatty.
My question is the same as thajeepster's: does this destroy the protein (or potentially make it less effective/digestible)?