PDA

View Full Version : twitching Eye???

sheparay
12-03-2004, 08:30 AM
OK this may sound funny, but I started working out again a week and a half ago.. I have noticed that my left eye twitches a lot since I started. I am drinking 2-3 protein shakes per day and taking amino acids....other than that I am just eating a normal, fairly healthy diet.. Does anybody know what this could be from or has this happened to anybody else??? Thanks

waynis
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
wierd.. I used to have the same problem. One eye would twitch whenever i lift. I'll take notice if it's still happening today. Maybe i just got used to it. Could be a problem in your neck. I know I have a bad neck and it gives me all sorts of wierd problems.

crazedwombat
12-03-2004, 10:29 AM
i got the eye twitch from NO2...after i stopped taking it it went away

sheparay
12-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah... Im not sure what is going on.. It doesnt do it when I lift though (or at least I dont notice it)...it does it throughout the day.... Bye the way what is NO2??

maverick9614
12-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I get the eye twith thing going when I'm under a lot of stress, like about now with finals and the holiday season looming ahead.

As for the NO2, it's Nitrous Oxide, otherwise known as NOS to the racer types or wannabes (like me!). NO2 increases vascularity, otherwords itmakes your veins pop out. Other than looking cool, it helps decrease the time it takes to get oxygen from your heart and lungs to your muscles and is supposed to improve recovery time and lifting ability, though this is all second hand info.

Patz
12-04-2004, 12:13 AM
i get twitches of all types for no reason..my eyelid may twitch for an hour off and on, then quit..the fat under my eye on my upper cheek with twitch mostly..that drives me nuts cause i can't make it stop! but i have epilepsy..i always tell myself it's just my chemical imbalance causing it, and it's a heckuva lot better than my whoe body spazzing out..it's funny cause my reflexes at the neurologist's office (with the little hammer) are almost not even there..he tries forever to get a little response

Hawkeye
12-04-2004, 02:44 AM
From what I've read, eye twitching is one of the signs that you MAY possibly be over-training. Also, it may be that you have injured your neck. I would go and see a doctor if I were you, just to be on the safe side.