PDA

View Full Version : 5'11 - 155lbs - 20yrs HELP BULK!!

shucash
02-19-2001, 05:29 PM
hello everyone!

I have been reading these boards for a bit and it has stimulated me to hit the gym. I have made a conscious decision to change my lifestyle. I need your help.

It seems that no matter HOW MUCH I eat, my metabolism is in super high speed. I have never ever been able to gain weight, let alone muscle mass. I'm well proportioned but slim.

I have been going to the gym for two weeks now with a friend who is almost identical body size as me, using the WBB routine. I know its basic, but I think it has alot of good things going for it. Now, I have been trying to eat about four times a day, with balanced carbs and proteins in every meal..

I have yet to have a day when I hit 1g of protein per body weight.. it seems impossible. Am I eating the wrong foods?

Would you guys please reccomend an eating routine that you think would add some weight to my shape. When I'm working out three times a week, I have noticed that my appetite has increased to the point where I am ALMOST hungry every other hour. This is very new to me and exciting. Am I on the right path?

Any advice, ideas or tips you would have would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to gain 15 pounds of muscle in six months. This shouldnt be TOO tough? Should it?

Thanks so much for your time!
shu

Budiak
02-20-2001, 04:01 AM
What are you eating? Most people on this thread try not to eat too much protein! If I'm not careful I can get 50 grams over my goal by my third meal. If you're not using a protein powder, get one because otherwise it can be difficult on a non-anabolic style diet.
The one thing you must always carry on you if you're a bodybuilder is TUNA. I always carry at least two cans wherever I go. Get hungry, I pop it open with my swiss army knife. BAM 32 grams of protein.

Anthony
02-20-2001, 04:30 AM
Yes it's tough. Very tough.

Eat more. And actually calculate how many calories you are eating.

Joe Black
02-20-2001, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by shucash
hello everyone!

I have been reading these boards for a bit and it has stimulated me to hit the gym. I have made a conscious decision to change my lifestyle. I need your help.

Great !! Glad to see you are inspired... The first step is always the harderst. Well done on making it :)

It seems that no matter HOW MUCH I eat, my metabolism is in super high speed. I have never ever been able to gain weight, let alone muscle mass. I'm well proportioned but slim.

You have a bmr (a rate at which your bodyweight is maintained) and if you eat over it you will gain wiehgt. I know it sounds simple but thats the truth !

Some people have a low metabolism , me for example.. My weight can be maintained at about 3000 cal's (185-190 lb's)... However I have trouble keeping my bodyfat levels down and will ahve to work harder in that area in the future..

Now I know Anthont is lighter than me and he is eating about 5000 cal's to gain !! He obviously has a high metabolism and is naturally a lower bodyfat them me, like you I assume . Beginning to nuderstand how people are different ?

You are not eating enough, plain and simple.. Eat more and you will grow :)

Now, I have been trying to eat about four times a day, with balanced carbs and proteins in every meal..

Try 6 .... It will help you up[ your calories even if you have to redice your originial meals a touch...

I have yet to have a day when I hit 1g of protein per body weight.. it seems impossible. Am I eating the wrong foods?

It really isnlt that hard to fit in ALOT of protein if you plan correctly.. For eg I have a diet where I am taking in close to 2 grams per lb od bw... Ie 360 ish ?

Eggs, cheese, tuna, chicken, turkey, beef, shakes, etc... It all adds up..

Would you guys please reccomend an eating routine that you think would add some weight to my shape. When I'm working out three times a week, I have noticed that my appetite has increased to the point where I am ALMOST hungry every other hour. This is very new to me and exciting. Am I on the right path?

yes !!! You will find your body needs more food to recover than the average person.. Also once you atart to eat more daily your body gets used to it and it becomes instinct to eat more regualry.. Again shoot for 6 meals and day and plan !!!

Any advice, ideas or tips you would have would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to gain 15 pounds of muscle in six months. This shouldnt be TOO tough? Should it?

I think the routine is fine... It will help you put on wieght, the main thing is eat more !!!!!

Thanks so much for your time!

No problems :)
shu