PDA

View Full Version : A question for guys who now there stuff

trooperplayer
12-04-2004, 03:49 PM
i was reading up on keto and the point is basicly use fat as energy instead of carbs but i was wondering if it would be possible if you could do keto for half of the day and then moderate to high carb for the time revolving around your workout....IMO i dont think this would work because ketosis may take a while to kick in and eating carbs would disrupt it and youll have to start ketosis all over again or something like that.... well i dont know so ima ask U all :thumbup:

Frozenmoses
12-04-2004, 04:08 PM
You just described TKD. Search for it, it's not a bad diet at all.

ryuage
12-04-2004, 04:20 PM
no he didnt describe a tkd but go ahead and search for it.

Frozenmoses
12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
How is what he just described not a TKD, ryu? A TKD is eating carbs right before, and right after your workout, ketogenic the rest of the day. Sounds pretty close to what he just described to me.

ryuage
12-04-2004, 04:51 PM
he said he would do a keto diet "half" the day the eat moderate to high carbs revolving around his workouts... sounds to me like john berardi preaching moreso then tkd... tkd is a keto diet 24/7 with a small spike right before and right after training. He sounds like he is referring to protein + fat / protein + carb crap.

raniali
12-04-2004, 04:53 PM
sounds like a tkd to me
as to the original question, many people have followed a tkd and found it effective.

trooperplayer
12-04-2004, 05:08 PM
yea is was refering to eating carbs to when they are most necesary(IMO pre post and during workout and at night ) and then just going on keto for the rest of the day with MINIMAL carbs. but i was worried that if you eat alot of carbs during that time period it may throw off the keto......

ryuage
12-04-2004, 05:11 PM
hah suckas!!! but ya look up tkd if you are insistant on using a keto type diet...

trooperplayer
12-04-2004, 05:22 PM
na that keto 24/7 crap scares me. sure it'll burn significant amounts of fat but that glucogaun(ithink thats how you spell it :scratch: ) is also ganna take a good chunk of muscle too...because it promotes they breakdown of body tissues so yea ill look up TKD :smoke:

Frozenmoses
12-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Retaining muscle is linked to nitrogen balance. Provide your body with the appropriate amount of protein, you'll keep your muscle. Fear not the keto.

trooperplayer
12-04-2004, 05:40 PM
yea but it takes FOREVER(5weeks or so) to get all your glycogen out of your system you'll feel tired and then youll have to watch your carbs EVER SO CAREFULLY as to not upset the FRIGING KETO and.... AHHHto many bad things :soapbox: Edit:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frozenmoses
12-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Nope, you can get your glycogen out fast. Search for glycogen depletion. Full body workouts, higher rep ranges, mucho volume.

trooperplayer
12-04-2004, 06:12 PM
ahaha thats some class A $hit you wrote there.... that gave me an idea check out journal to see what it is ;)