PDA

View Full Version : eating 3000 calories and still tired at the gym?

StarLeague
12-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Workout routine

day1;chest/triceps/
day2;back/biceps/abs
day3;rest
day4;legs
day5;shoulders/abs
day6;rest
day7;chest/triceps

ok, so im eating approx 2800-3000 calories. Is it enough?

I 've reached the point where I cannot eat anymore sardines/tuna/salmon. I'm almost puking everytime I eat, I know its a rich/cheap source of protein but it taste like $@#$.

Is there anything else that will give me 50g of protein and that I can eat everyday for the next 6 months.

Thanks.

StarLeague
12-05-2004, 11:41 AM
I did 75% of my chest workout before I had no more energy to do incline BB's

oh yeah, after day7, i proceed straight to day2, i don't lift chest two days in a row if thats what you're thinking ;)

RussianRocket
12-05-2004, 11:42 AM
what are you stats, currently.

PizDoff
12-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Also, what methods are you using to eat this food?

agentplaya1
12-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Also, what methods are you using to eat this food?

how many methods are there of eating food besides:

1. insert food in mouth
2. chew
3. swallow

Zearoth
12-05-2004, 08:02 PM
I think he means whether yo're eating most of your food in shakes or whole foods.

agentplaya1
12-05-2004, 08:03 PM
hmmm ok

Alex.V
12-05-2004, 08:15 PM
How much you weigh? Impossible to say how much you should eat without knowing how big you are.

And stop eating fish. If you're having a hard time gaining mass, load up on more calorie-dense food. Eat lots of beef, and always eat dessert.

agentplaya1
12-05-2004, 08:20 PM
also make sure youre getting enough carbs, thats where u get almost all your energy from.

_-_v_-_
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Listen to Belial.

He is a wise man.

And by "wise," of course, I mean: "big." :)

StarLeague
12-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi, Im approx 80kg. 180cm.

Should I start taking mass gainers? 60% of my protein comes from protein powder/eggs.

I was always under the assumption that it would be easy to find calories/carbs but not the protein. I'm trying my best to eat clean but I've come to a point where I cannot stand eating fish anymore.

Oh yeah, what are the effects of having a relatively high carbs/fat diet on your overally progress? Like having a BigMac 2-3 times a week, etc. Would it hinder your progress?

Why do people stress on eating clean, I can understand on the fat part but sometimes I find it hard to find calories, I don't drink soft drinks and for some reason I get full easily.

Vido
12-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Should I start taking mass gainers? 60% of my protein comes from protein powder/eggs.

You're always best to consume whole foods. If you absolutely must use a weight gainer in order to get all of your calories in, then go for it. You can very easily make your own "weightgainer shakes" though by blending up basically anything, eg., oats, peanut butter, olive oil, cereals, ice cream, milk, etc.

I was always under the assumption that it would be easy to find calories/carbs but not the protein. I'm trying my best to eat clean but I've come to a point where I cannot stand eating fish anymore.

Who says you have to eat fish? There's plenty of other sources of protein. Eggs, poultry, beef, pork, cottage cheese, whey, just to name a few.

Oh yeah, what are the effects of having a relatively high carbs/fat diet on your overally progress? Like having a BigMac 2-3 times a week, etc. Would it hinder your progress?

You don't want your diet to be completely based on fat/carbs, but neither of them are "bad" per se. You need ample amounts of both if you want to grow. Having a Big Mac 2-3 times/week won't hurt you at all...2-3 times/day and you might start seeing a little extra fat gain depending on the rest of your diet.

Why do people stress on eating clean, I can understand on the fat part but sometimes I find it hard to find calories, I don't drink soft drinks and for some reason I get full easily.

Eating clean is a) healthier and b) limits the chances of overeating, which reduces the chance of fat gain. However, if you cannot eat enough "clean" cals, it's fine to throw some junk in the mix if it will allow you to reach your caloric goal.

PizDoff
12-06-2004, 02:51 AM
how many methods are there of eating food besides:

1. insert food in mouth
2. chew
3. swallow

:rolleyes:
:bash:

PizDoff
12-06-2004, 02:56 AM
What they said.

I 've reached the point where I cannot eat anymore sardines/tuna/salmon. I'm almost puking everytime I eat, I know its a rich/cheap source of protein but it taste like $@#$.

I hope you are switching up ways you are eating, out of the can will get boring fast. Stir fry it with veggies, mix it in with brown rice, spices, etc.

StarLeague
12-06-2004, 03:57 AM
PizDoff: This sardine stuff taste like crap. To begin with, I hate taking sardines/tuna. I've been taking out of the can for 2 months and I can't take it no longer!

Vido: Thanks alot. I'll bulk up a little on my carbs/fats. Chicken ;)

Digitised
12-06-2004, 05:25 AM
add full fat mayonnaise to the tuna, it adds a nice calorie boost and makes it easier to eat (i find tuna dry and hard to eat on my short breaks @ work)

ryuage
12-06-2004, 05:49 AM
there are plenty of cheap alternatives to protein, no need to eat crap you dont like.

StarLeague
12-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Ryuage : Such as? I can't seem to find 42g of protein for less than $2.49 here.

Its already cooked and served in extremely strong tomato sauce. Ok, I'll stop here.

But whats the next highest protein concentrated food? Chicken?

StarLeague
12-06-2004, 06:22 AM
What about pork?

Adam
12-06-2004, 07:35 AM
sounds good.
Any meat you see off an animal, eat

diego
12-06-2004, 04:45 PM
cottage cheese is great and real cheap, also turkey, venison

RBC13
12-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Where is your leg day? You don't have to eat just meat. Only 2800-3000 cal on a bulk i will assume? Are you eating enough high GI foods? How much cardio do you do, and what is your age? Come on, you must give more info.

Vido
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Are you eating enough high GI foods?

You don't have to eat high GI foods to grow...ever.

BigMatt
12-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Carbs are overated.

StarLeague
12-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Im 19.
I hardly ever do cardio.
I work out 4-5 days per week.
Just as WBB said, I live by squats. 4x8

sorry but what are GI foods?

Digitised
12-07-2004, 12:03 PM
cheap foods high in protein -

eggs
nuts (peanuts = 25g protein per 100g)
mackeral
turkey (roughly half the price of chicken and every bit as lean)
pilchards (probably the cheapest fish ever)
beef (even lean is reasonably priced)

thats what i find affordable in terms of protein food.
Dont forget that meals such as

beans on toast
nuts + bread
nuts + pasta
eggs + pasta/bread/nuts

are all high protein combinations, eggs have been shown to complete many incomplete chains of aminos, as well as providing a solid 6-8g of protein per whole egg.

and the biggest secret is - BUY IN BULK

StarLeague
12-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks Guys ; )