PDA

View Full Version : near death experience.

RussianRocket
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Anybody ever had one? I"ve had a couple, mainly while living in russia.

Gyno Rhino
12-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Yes, all involving drugs and or severe sickness.

Nothing cool.

Frozenmoses
12-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Yes, all involving drugs and or severe sickness.

Nothing cool.

Ditto.

RickTheDestroyer
12-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Nasty car accident at the end of 11th grade. The car I was in got t-boned while turning left. I was in the front passenger seat and the car that hit us connected about a foot and a half behind me. If the person driving the car I was in had been going maybe 3 mph slower I'd be dead. Our car was totalled.
I managed to get out of it with a nastily broken collarbone, and nothing else. No one else in the car was hurt. The collarbone thing had to get a pin in it, and I still feel kind of disfigured because my right shoulder is about 1/2" shorter than my left. It sounds like no big deal, but I see it every time that I look in the mirror, and it results in some nice leverage issues, causing some imbalances in my muscles, but oh well. I think there was also some soft tissue damage that went unnoticed due to the fact that the part of my clavicle that was attached to my sternum was about to pop out of my chest.
And that was how I got fat again.

Maybe one of these days my "friend" will get off of his fat ass and have some drug-induced near-death stuff.
RR, I'd be interested in hear some of yours. Mine's not that cool, but sh*t like that happens so fast- you look back and think, "man, I could have just been snuffed back there."

VasDeferens
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
unfortunately none; and thats the reason I dont know the value of my life.

Probably thats why I say "I will die for you" to every new girl I meet. The trick doesnt work though.

All hail kazaa.

Neil
12-05-2004, 08:25 PM
lol

fen2zla
12-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Anybody ever had one? I"ve had a couple, mainly while living in russia.

I havent had any, but you should share yours.

Patz
12-06-2004, 12:22 AM
I had a car accident a couple years ago. It was similar to DD's. I was waiting to pull out of a parking lot onto the main road, and someone didn't see a car stopped on the road to let me out, and swerved/braked to avoid it. She ended up swerving rightinto my driver's door. I was driving a 98 Grand Prix 2-door, and the headlight area of her car (taking all the force into one small section of her bumper) hit right at the seam of my door where it meets to latch. It caved in the side of my car andpulled down the roof. It pushed the door in to the point that it was actually squeezing me snug in the seat, but not hurting me. I held onto the steering wheel the whole time, and it was folded up similar to a taco when I let go (they're made to collapse when we are thrown into them). My only injury was a humongous bruise on ly le where it hit the wheel, and extremely sore arm sockets where I held the wheel through the impact. The point is, if she had hit me a foot forward, I would have been crushed for sure.

I also had ruptured apendix for 24 hours when I was 12, and had to be rushed into surgery. That's kinda near-death.

RussianRocket
12-06-2004, 12:54 AM
I havent had any, but you should share yours.

i've had an ak47 pointed at me. There was a child molester/killer in the neighborhood that nobody knew how to stop but kids were turning up dead all over, i was 10 at that time. Crap load of shootings, beatings witnessed, etc. Mostly the downtown stuff is super crazy in moscow, small revolution/marshall law crap back in 1995, around that time. Personally i dton think their anything special, probably because i was so used to it.

I had one in Canada, which involved a lot of booze thats as far as i'll go.

Sug
12-06-2004, 02:32 AM
Wow, Mine is probably not half as scary as RussianRocket but I'll try, its a pretty nasty truck accident.

My parents bought a ranch about 115miles from where we live and we go there during the season, Peaches and walnuts about 63acres. So our tractor broke down, nothing big maybe 6000lbs, and we had a Dodge ramcharger with a 18ft trailer to go pick it up and fix it at our shop. We pick it up during the 2nd week of May, its 9pm and where heading back, and the roads are rural. One lane one way, One lane one way, no divider, no shoulder, just a big ditch on each side and the roads are cruved at an angle so water drains off. ANyway, somehow the trailer brakes didnt function and the 7pin wire plug came out, just our luck.

Dads driving the truck, moves to avoid abstruction in road, and then the side to side sway of the trailer forces the truck to swing right and left, brakes downt slow it down, mind you were going 50mph in a pitch black night, bid ditches on each side with 60ft tall trees planted on each side. So the truck veers off the right shoulder b/c its out of control and thankgod, that part of the road had the field on the right side filled up, so we didnt fall into the ditch. But my dad viewed a tree coming up real close, turned left to avoid it and the truck went back onto the road, and rolled over 3/4 turn. Ended uo with drivers side on the floor and I had to crawl through my passanger window, my dad got out through the windsheild. Tractor was fine, broke the hitch and didnt hurt anything on the trailer or tractor. I seriously thought I was going to die, the violentness of the back and forth sway was too much, then the turnover was surreal, last thing I saw was the tree and I thought we were somehow in the tree.

Anyway moral of the story, check your brakes, double and triple check them, get a brake controller if your trailer weighs 1/2 or more then your tow vehicle, safety chains saved our load from running away and crashing into someone else.

The_Brick
12-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Wow nasty truck accident man, and ak47s are never good RR. I had one first time i rode a jetski, i floored it up to about 50mph and was watching the water for chop to avoid falling off and not paying attention to oncoming vessels. I was headed straight at this approaching fishing boat which was trying to avoid me but i was going straight for it. I noticed within about 2 seconds of hitting it and turned so sharp I almost fell off, flooring it, I sprayed their boat with water and they thought I did it on purpose.

Then they chased me with ak47s.*

*Last line may not be true.

Adam
12-06-2004, 06:04 AM
I had one back last august.
I dont remember what happened but i was told by a friend. I was driving a motorcycle and for whatever reason i looked off where i was going and when i looked back i locked the front brakes of the bike and over i went. Travelled about 90' through the air and hit head first on solid ground. I was out cold for 18 days in the hospital. I remained in th e hospital for 3 months.

Gyno Rhino
12-06-2004, 07:24 AM
I dont remember what happened but i was told by a friend. I was driving a motorcycle and for whatever reason i looked off where i was going and when i looked back i locked the front brakes of the bike and over i went. Travelled about 90' through the air and hit head first on solid ground. I was out cold for 18 days in the hospital. I remained in th e hospital for 3 months.

I can't tell you how worried we all were, man. It's so good to have you back and healthy.

crazedwombat
12-06-2004, 08:01 AM
I was in the Alps snowboarding in the early morning and in the Alps some of the trails are very wide then you snake your way down the mountain in some parts that are very narrow and on the other side of the red/orange plastic fencing is a nice drop of some hundreds of feet where i was.

I had a good start, the sun was just starting to warm up the air a little bit and i tore off down the mountain from the top. I got to one of those narrower spots where you turn and head down a short little trail but as i was turning, quite close to the fencing, i hit a patch of ice and the board slid out from underneath me, so I fell and slid towards the edge. luckily there was a few small boulders and i grabbed for one and i grabbed a hold and slipped but it slowed me enough i could slam the board into the ice and stop short.

I was all scared then i got pissed. so i rode that trail every moment i got for the rest of the day. i look back and realize it was my water/strom 80 in my camel pack that gave me the courage to keep going back.....didnt slip anymore though.

RussianRocket
12-06-2004, 10:32 AM
All in all i still think i'm superman and cannot be stopped.

Organichu
12-06-2004, 11:27 AM
A 400 lb black man tried to hit me in the head with a baseball bat.

He missed by a few inches, but yeah.. I'm pretty sure I would have died. :l

Davor
12-07-2004, 03:13 AM
I was driving home from a party one night, and I was thinking to myself as I neared an intersection : What if some car just ****ing blazed thru here at the exact moment im crossing.(it was late and cars sometimes dont stop at red lights really late at night)

I dont know why I was even thinking about this but as I entered the intersection a white SUV ran the light in the opposite direction missing me because I was prepared. So I might have saved my life who the hell knows...

GIS
12-09-2004, 11:15 PM

Wow. I watched a friend almost die on a motorcycle. I dropped him off to get his bike at a friends house. He gunned it out of the driveway onto the road to show off and got up to about 70-80mph. I was pissed he was doing it, and just then the road went uphil and curved. He was going so fast he went into the oncoming lane to make the turn just as a car was coming down. He tried to swerve back, fishtailed, and went head-on into a concrete retaining wall. Flew 30 feet with the bike, landed with the bike on top of him, and dragged along the road for another 30 feet.

All he got was minor road rash and he was just wearing a t-shirt, helmet, and jeans. I saw the whole thing which was crazy. Kinda like a Real TV moment.

RussianRocket
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
thats pretty amazing GIS, only a minor road rash. Lucky dude.

Stephen Riddington
12-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Very lucky son of a gun.

Adam
12-10-2004, 02:15 AM
wish i was that lucky