PDA

View Full Version : Im new, here's my pics

awakeye
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
blank

illazz1own
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
good cut man..your stomach abs,and arms are coming in nicley,pretty good for 1 month..

awakeye
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
i forgot to say i am 6 feet

awakeye
12-07-2004, 03:23 PM
thx ilazz1own, iv seen your pics just now, you're getting bigger by the minute, good job

sublime99
12-07-2004, 03:28 PM
not to knock your diet but what are the benefits from being a vegan especially while lifting?

RMW USMC
12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
not to knock your diet but what are the benefits from being a vegan especially while lifting?
:withstupi

awakeye
12-07-2004, 03:38 PM

Im veg for personal reasons just like you eat meat for your reasons ;0

But what do you think of the progress, that's the point of the post not to tell me not to be a vegetarian hehe but it's all good.

geoffgarcia
12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
what do you think of the progress
how can we give you an opinion on progress when you only post pictures from one date?
to measure progress we'd need before and after...

rather than fishing for compliments by putting up pictures I recommend you look at other forums and ask questions on diet, routines and nutrition

if I were to guess I'd say your 6ft, 170-180lbs and about 8% bf

awakeye
12-07-2004, 03:59 PM
how can we give you an opinion on progress when you only post pictures from one date?
to measure progress we'd need before and after...

rather than fishing for compliments by putting up pictures I recommend you look at other forums and ask questions on diet, routines and nutrition

if I were to guess I'd say your 6ft, 170-180lbs and about 8% bf

im sorry i didn't mean to just post for compliments, i posted for help and advice and all that kind of stuff, i need a better perspective on body building that's all and about before pics i don't have any... but 1 month ago i wasn't even close to what i am on that pic...

RMW USMC
12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Well you're looking real lean there but as others have said we can't grade your progress unless you post before pictures. I hope you did take before pictures too, because its very beneficial for yourself to be able to look back on them months down the road and can be a major confidence booster. Simply trying to remember what you looked like doesn't really work. There's nothing like having the side-by-side comparison.

Good luck though, I really don't understand you choice to be a vegeterian and yet want to build your body mass, you will only get so far I imagine.

Vapour Trails
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
You certainly have the body of a vegetarian.

I assume you use whey powder - use lots of it.

awakeye
12-07-2004, 04:13 PM
why can't people respect vegetarians, i thought it would be different here but it seems everyone says im either crazy or stupid for lifting and being a vegetarian, i personaly don't see why i couldn't get as big as anyone else, i will only have to put more effort because im not selling out, no meat is touching my organs.

awakeye
12-07-2004, 04:14 PM
You certainly have the body of a vegetarian.

I assume you use whey powder - use lots of it.

no i i started taking soy proteins but i only took it one time so far, made muffins with them so 6 muffins was like about 60 g of proteins, i will see if it will work good in the near future

awakeye
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
id like to say that im not here to get compliments but advice, and please if you guys have anymore vegetarian comments please let it be about supliments and anything that can help me would be great.. any information that you guys have on the subject would help me imensely thx you.

awakeye
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
my weak spot seems to be my upper chest, any advice on that?

Munky
12-07-2004, 04:44 PM
how much you weight? Not bad for a month

awakeye
12-07-2004, 04:46 PM
how much you weight? Not bad for a month

i don't know i will try to get on a scale that works this week

i don't think i weight that much because im missing some uper chest muscles a lot

Gabrielle
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about upper chest...just gain more size on your chest which is a bit behind the rest of your upper body...don't forget to post some leg pics next time.....much respect for sticking to your guns about meat

JSully
12-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Take in ALOT of whey protein. Seeing how you aren't getting it from regular sources such as meat, fish, chicken, etc. Also, vegan is different from vegetarian. Someone mentioned earlier that you are vegan, which is it?

If you are vegetarian I believe you can still have cheese, milk..etc. But if you are vegan then that's nothing that comes from an animal. Anyways, I don't know tons about this vegetarian lifestyle, and I personally wouldn't be able to do it just because I enjoy meat. lol, but I respect you for trying to get a bodybuilder type physique either way. Good luck man, and make sure you buy whey in bulk! :thumbup:

awakeye
12-07-2004, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't worry about upper chest...just gain more size on your chest which is a bit behind the rest of your upper body...don't forget to post some leg pics next time.....much respect for sticking to your guns about meat

i think i meant my chest when i said uper chest lol.. i don't know much about this body building stuff ''yet'' i meant boobs? haha joke..

thx for your support appreciate it really.

awakeye
12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Take in ALOT of whey protein. Seeing how you aren't getting it from regular sources such as meat, fish, chicken, etc. Also, vegan is different from vegetarian. Someone mentioned earlier that you are vegan, which is it?

If you are vegetarian I believe you can still have cheese, milk..etc. But if you are vegan then that's nothing that comes from an animal. Anyways, I don't know tons about this vegetarian lifestyle, and I personally wouldn't be able to do it just because I enjoy meat. lol, but I respect you for trying to get a bodybuilder type physique either way. Good luck man, and make sure you buy whey in bulk! :thumbup:

well i don't eat meat and no eggs so that rules out whey protein powder.

I recently found out that nlarge doesn't have animal fat nor eggs in it and i heard it works great too the only thing is proteins from cow milk.. i don't like milk much but for the sake of getting my calories and proteins i would try nlarge maybe.

thx for your support as well

awakeye
12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
oh wait actually...

gabrielle can you explain to me the difference between upper chest and chest?
thx

Gabrielle
12-07-2004, 07:25 PM
that will spark a huge debate that will never end...the point I was making is that you need to gain more size in your chest...because I couldn't see where the upper part of your chest was smaller..I only noticed that your chest was smaller in comparison to the rest of your upper body in the pictures..hope that cleared things up

awakeye
12-07-2004, 08:00 PM
that will spark a huge debate that will never end...the point I was making is that you need to gain more size in your chest...because I couldn't see where the upper part of your chest was smaller..I only noticed that your chest was smaller in comparison to the rest of your upper body in the pictures..hope that cleared things up

yes it does actually, thx for clearing that up and yeah you're right, at the momment my body shape looks like a turtle lol

it's all good though, im having fun trainning

HahnB
12-07-2004, 08:05 PM

i don't think i weight that much because im missing some uper chest muscles a lot

It's hard to say without seeing your legs. I would guess about 165 but it could be anywhere within 5-10lbs of that.

Brawl
12-07-2004, 09:04 PM
awakeye , supplements are good but they are not like real food .

Real food is where it's at . Good luck though .

JSully
12-07-2004, 09:55 PM

I recently found out that nlarge doesn't have animal fat nor eggs in it and i heard it works great too the only thing is proteins from cow milk.. i don't like milk much but for the sake of getting my calories and proteins i would try nlarge maybe.

thx for your support as well

All whey is from cow milk, unless otherly stated. You'd be better off getting Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. I wouldn't recommend it by itself if you're going for taste. Mix it with soy ice cream (yummy, this stuff tastes good), soy milk granola/oatmeal, bananas, strawberries.. etc.

Canadian Crippler
12-07-2004, 09:59 PM
No way your 180... I'm 2 inches shorter, with more muscle and fat but a mere 163. Then again, I'm also 15 so who knows with my bones and crap :D.

Don't worry about your weight so much, whether your 150 or 190 I can safely tell you just eat, lift, eat, and eat :). Good luck with your goals!

Rastaman
12-08-2004, 12:32 AM

I don't think you weigh that much because you're pretty skinny. Maybe 160-165?

It's hard to tell from your pics but it looks like everything needs alot of work. Biceps and shoulders may be your current strong point. You definitely have a ton of room to fill out everything. The good thing is that you're starting lean so you can go crazy on the bulk. Good luck.

Vido
12-08-2004, 01:43 AM
Bodyfat is real low...8% maybe?

Weight...I'm going to say 160 tops, probably closer to 150.

Dirt
12-08-2004, 01:43 AM
I would guess you to be around 150-155lbs. Also I know LittleJake posted this already, but rather than have you miss it while you're busy defending your vegetarian lifetstyle, I will point it out again. Whey is a dairy product and has nothing to do with eggs.

RickTheDestroyer
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey man, don't let anybody get you down about the vegetarian thing. Tell 'em to look at Bill Pearl and then see what they think.

If you're willing to drink milk, then pound that and some whey protein like it's your job. You look good for one month under your belt, but I'm sure you were lean beforehand. A pretty good source of protein, not as good as meat, but decent, is lots of beans (which I'm sure you know, since you don't eat meat). Lots of beans and lentils and brown rice- the combination yields pretty complete protein and lots of good complex carbs and fiber. Throw in some olive oil and you're good to go. If you ever decide to eat eggs, I would highly recommend eating several a day, as they are a good bulking food. Natural peanut butter is your friend as well. At some yuppy-health food stores they have this bread in the fridge called "ezekiel bread", I think that the brand is "food for life". It's made from sprouted grains and is also complete protein.
I was never a vegan, but I was a strict vegetarian until about a year ago, when I started eating fish again for more protein without carbs, and also for those good ol' omega-3's. You can get enough protein without meat, though it can be tough. Just keep training and eat a ton, and post some more pics in 2 months. :thumbup:

ryuage
12-08-2004, 11:58 AM
just out of curiousity, is your whole family vegeterian or are you the only one?

awakeye
12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
thx everyone for your support and making me welcomed here on this board.

awakeye
12-08-2004, 01:28 PM
just out of curiousity, is your whole family vegeterian or are you the only one?

actually... my dad loves to hunt... my family is a meat lover familiy all except me, they eat tonz of meat everyday so im kinda alienated from them now.

my mom supports me with my choice but some times will preach you know...
god created animals so we can eat them blah blah blah, that kind of crap.

awakeye
12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
and also, i checked for whey protein powder and yes there is white eggs in it, i even called a gym...

it's whey proteins that don't have eggs in it and that's in nlarge so i might get that soon.

awakeye
12-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Bodyfat is real low...8% maybe?

Weight...I'm going to say 160 tops, probably closer to 150.

even though i don't know much about body fat, 8% doesn't seem to be what i am, i can't find any fat on my body.. but hell what do i know..

awakeye
12-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey man, don't let anybody get you down about the vegetarian thing. Tell 'em to look at Bill Pearl and then see what they think.

If you're willing to drink milk, then pound that and some whey protein like it's your job. You look good for one month under your belt, but I'm sure you were lean beforehand. A pretty good source of protein, not as good as meat, but decent, is lots of beans (which I'm sure you know, since you don't eat meat). Lots of beans and lentils and brown rice- the combination yields pretty complete protein and lots of good complex carbs and fiber. Throw in some olive oil and you're good to go. If you ever decide to eat eggs, I would highly recommend eating several a day, as they are a good bulking food. Natural peanut butter is your friend as well. At some yuppy-health food stores they have this bread in the fridge called "ezekiel bread", I think that the brand is "food for life". It's made from sprouted grains and is also complete protein.
I was never a vegan, but I was a strict vegetarian until about a year ago, when I started eating fish again for more protein without carbs, and also for those good ol' omega-3's. You can get enough protein without meat, though it can be tough. Just keep training and eat a ton, and post some more pics in 2 months. :thumbup:

thx man for motivating me even more

awakeye
12-08-2004, 01:40 PM
denimdemon... is this bill pearl?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/babyboom45bbig.jpg

if that guy is vegetarian, much props to him.

BCC
12-08-2004, 02:13 PM
That's Bill Pearl although I don't recall his arm(s) looking anything like that.

ElPietro
12-08-2004, 02:25 PM

I'm glad I caught this, since nobody else commented you might be able to start using it. My point is you don't eat meat or eggs, to which I would say so what? Whey protein is not derived from meat or eggs, it's a byproduct of the dairy industry when they make cheese. Once upon a time it was just junked as garbage, but now they realize it's a great source of protein, so that's how it's now utilized.

So despite not eating meat or eggs, feel free to start using whey protein, it will help you tremendously. I'd assumed you weren't using whey because you were vegan, but if you are only a vegetarian then whey is fine. You mentioned that you drink milk but don't like it much, so that means whey would be perfectly acceptable within your moral boundaries.

Good luck!

ElPietro
12-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh, I read a part where you mentioned eggs being in it. I don't think too many whey products contain it, but it would be referred to as "egg Albumen" so as long as you don't see that it should be fine for you.

Lol, I don't recall Mr. Pearl's triceps projecting out like that, but who knows. It's one thing to be a veggetarion bodybuilder, but to be a vegetarian bodybuilder and not take anabolics will put his physique out of reach for most if not all.

Vido
12-08-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm glad I caught this, since nobody else commented you might be able to start using it. My point is you don't eat meat or eggs, to which I would say so what? Whey protein is not derived from meat or eggs, it's a byproduct of the dairy industry when they make cheese.

Also I know LittleJake posted this already, but rather than have you miss it while you're busy defending your vegetarian lifetstyle, I will point it out again. Whey is a dairy product and has nothing to do with eggs.

:)

Vido
12-08-2004, 02:31 PM
denimdemon... is this bill pearl?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/babyboom45bbig.jpg

if that guy is vegetarian, much props to him.

Do vegan diets allow the use of synthol?

Vido
12-08-2004, 02:33 PM
even though i don't know much about body fat, 8% doesn't seem to be what i am, i can't find any fat on my body.. but hell what do i know..

8% is really quite low, man. The lowest you can get as a male is like 3-4%, and that's what a professional bodybuilder is at for a show...you're not at this level.

awakeye
12-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm glad I caught this, since nobody else commented you might be able to start using it. My point is you don't eat meat or eggs, to which I would say so what? Whey protein is not derived from meat or eggs, it's a byproduct of the dairy industry when they make cheese. Once upon a time it was just junked as garbage, but now they realize it's a great source of protein, so that's how it's now utilized.

So despite not eating meat or eggs, feel free to start using whey protein, it will help you tremendously. I'd assumed you weren't using whey because you were vegan, but if you are only a vegetarian then whey is fine. You mentioned that you drink milk but don't like it much, so that means whey would be perfectly acceptable within your moral boundaries.

Good luck!

yeah whey proteins i could but not whey protein powder which has eggs

ElPietro
12-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Oops, must have missed it in Dirt's post. 8% IS quite low. Remember the fat you pinch is only subcutaneous bodyfat, there is also fat internally that surround your organs.

ElPietro
12-08-2004, 02:41 PM
yeah whey proteins i could but not whey protein powder which has eggs

I don't get this. Whey protein is a powder. Some of them will contain egg albumen, but they will advertise that as a feature. Most of the powders don't contain this. Unless you are meaning meal replacement powders versus just whey protein powders. There is a big difference there.

awakeye
12-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Oops, must have missed it in Dirt's post. 8% IS quite low. Remember the fat you pinch is only subcutaneous bodyfat, there is also fat internally that surround your organs.

i see, well that must be low cause being vegetarian for 2 years as made my metabolism light speed lol..

Dirt
12-08-2004, 03:52 PM
i see, well that must be low cause being vegetarian for 2 years as made my metabolism light speed lol..

It's doubtful that being a vegetarian made your metabolism light speed. It's more likely you're simply consuming fewer calories now than you were before and are so lean as a result of that. Also, whoever brought up Bill Pearl (someone feel free to correct me), I'm not sure that's entirely relevant. The idea of what it means to be a vegetarian has changed a lot over the decades and not that I have a clue about what Pearl ate, but it's possible he wasn't very extreme in his practices (ie. he may have eaten eggs, dairy, fish, etc.).

I don't get this. Whey protein is a powder. Some of them will contain egg albumen, but they will advertise that as a feature. Most of the powders don't contain this. Unless you are meaning meal replacement powders versus just whey protein powders. There is a big difference there.

:withstupi
Any whey protein powder I've purchased as whey protein powder, unsurprisingly is just whey protein powder.

awakeye
12-08-2004, 04:20 PM
nah man it's a well known fact that being vegetarian raises the metabolism and on top of that mine was still prety fast to begging with, now i got to the bathroom like 3 to 4 times a day ''number 2''

Ironrelic
12-08-2004, 04:23 PM
I suppose there are some links to 'vegetarian bodybuilding' that might help you....tho, I'm sorry, to me that's an oxymoron. Have to count me as one of those who 'don't get it'. There are so many more worthwhile causes or needs in the world & you only live 'n eat once. Your choice & that's ok, but I guess I'd hope you at least gradually drop the vegetarian diet. I'd wonder about not having enough bone density/strength; let alone minimal muscle.

No flaming, just an opposite opinion.

Vido
12-08-2004, 09:22 PM
nah man it's a well known fact that being vegetarian raises the metabolism and on top of that mine was still prety fast to begging with, now i got to the bathroom like 3 to 4 times a day ''number 2''

That's not a well-known fact at all. Sounds like complete BS to me. Please explain why that would be the case.

RickTheDestroyer
12-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Lol, I don't recall Mr. Pearl's triceps projecting out like that, but who knows. It's one thing to be a veggetarion bodybuilder, but to be a vegetarian bodybuilder and not take anabolics will put his physique out of reach for most if not all.

I don't recall Bill's tris looking like that either. I don't know how strict of a vegetarian he is/was, but I had read somewhere that he didn't eat any meat. Then again, the beauty of the internet is that any ******* with a computer can throw some **** up there, which of course does not make it true.

And about the anabolics... come on now, a natural semi-vegetarian fatty has to hope... don't crush my dreams... :cry:
However, I thought that Bill was around and competing mostly before steroids as we know them reached widespread use- I could absolutely be wrong on that, though.

awakeye
12-09-2004, 09:34 AM
That's not a well-known fact at all. Sounds like complete BS to me. Please explain why that would be the case.

When you don't eat meat for a long amount of time your metabolism readapts to the natural digestive system... in other words, less constipated due to eating too much fat from meat...

It is said that 80% of the population is constipated, that means someone who ****s like once a day or not, and someone who isn't constipated ****s like 3 to 4 times a day. and before i was vegetarian i would **** like once a day or not. now that i am vegetarian for a long time i **** 3 to 4 times a day and i literally see my stomach get bigger and 30 mins after it's back to normal so the fat don't stay at all..... hence the fast metabolism that addapted to my eating lifestyle....

awakeye
12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
this is just out of facts that i heard and the experience i lived, if it's not true for everyone, it certainly is true for me.

ElPietro
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Lol # of sh!ts != metabolic rate.

You are eating lotsa veggies, which are all high in fibre, which means things will shoot right through you.

If this was how we judged increased metabolism, people would be using laxative as their everyday dietary supplement.

geoffgarcia
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Sounds like complete BS to me...this whole thread is BS

awakeye
12-09-2004, 09:45 AM
this whole thread is BS

what do you mean by that?

awakeye
12-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Lol # of sh!ts != metabolic rate.

You are eating lotsa veggies, which are all high in fibre, which means things will shoot right through you.

If this was how we judged increased metabolism, people would be using laxative as their everyday dietary supplement.

can you please explain to me why this only started happening to me like 1 year after being vegetarian then???

you don't know what you're talking about, i lived it.....

awakeye
12-09-2004, 09:47 AM
garcia you're not much of a nice person to me, oh well it's all good.

awakeye
12-09-2004, 09:51 AM
I would like to say that i had a fast metabolism before i was vegetarian as well, iv never been fat... and i would stuff my face crazy.

And also, i stuff my face as a vegetarian with a lot and i mean a lot of carbs and calories.

Alex.V
12-09-2004, 11:13 AM
When you don't eat meat for a long amount of time your metabolism readapts to the natural digestive system... in other words, less constipated due to eating too much fat from meat...

It is said that 80% of the population is constipated, that means someone who ****s like once a day or not, and someone who isn't constipated ****s like 3 to 4 times a day. and before i was vegetarian i would **** like once a day or not. now that i am vegetarian for a long time i **** 3 to 4 times a day and i literally see my stomach get bigger and 30 mins after it's back to normal so the fat don't stay at all..... hence the fast metabolism that addapted to my eating lifestyle....

This is all completely incorrect. A lot of these items are myths, urban legends, and propaganda. Please don't spout them here; standing by junk like this will make you VERY unwelcome. We don't generally tolerate bullsh*t, or the people that try to convince others that the bullsh*t is true. Being vegan does NOT "raise your metabolism", meat itself has little to do with many people's unhealthy GI tracts. You eat a hell of a lot of fiber and undigestible plant material, hence more bowel movements. You also eat fewer calories. Hence you're lighter. For all intents and purposes, it's as simple as that for you. And I challenge you to find a SINGLE scientific study to back up any of what you just said.

Good luck. You won't.

And I'm going to move along, because I don't feel like having this discussion again.

HOWEVER, we absolutely accept all people's beliefs and lifestyle choices. There's nothing wrong with being vegan, and we'll definitely try to help you reach your goals however we can. Props to you for being healthy and in good shape. A lot of good advice here, but the overall gist is the same.. get more protein however you can, and don't worry about excessive calories. Nuts are your friends, and realistically, whatever your current caloric intake is... increase it by about a thousand.

I wasn't trying to be down on you, man, or attack you, I'm simply warning you that as a rule, here, we all tend to be pretty intolerant of myths.. do a search on "upper chest" if you're curious to know what I mean. ;)

Welcome, bro. Stick around. We'll give you tough love, but we'll help you out.

awakeye
12-09-2004, 11:18 AM
This is all completely incorrect. A lot of these items are myths, urban legends, and propaganda. Please don't spout them here; standing by junk like this will make you VERY unwelcome. We don't generally tolerate bullsh*t, or the people that try to convince others that the bullsh*t is true. Being vegan does NOT "raise your metabolism", meat itself has little to do with many people's unhealthy GI tracts. You eat a hell of a lot of fiber and undigestible plant material, hence more bowel movements. You also eat fewer calories. Hence you're lighter. For all intents and purposes, it's as simple as that for you. And I challenge you to find a SINGLE scientific study to back up any of what you just said.

Good luck. You won't.

And I'm going to move along, because I don't feel like having this discussion again.

HOWEVER, we absolutely accept all people's beliefs and lifestyle choices. There's nothing wrong with being vegan, and we'll definitely try to help you reach your goals however we can. Props to you for being healthy and in good shape. A lot of good advice here, but the overall gist is the same.. get more protein however you can, and don't worry about excessive calories. Nuts are your friends, and realistically, whatever your current caloric intake is... increase it by about a thousand.

I wasn't trying to be down on you, man, or attack you, I'm simply warning you that as a rule, here, we all tend to be pretty intolerant of myths.. do a search on "upper chest" if you're curious to know what I mean. ;)

Welcome, bro. Stick around. We'll give you tough love, but we'll help you out.

well thx for your advice but i was simply answering them back.

you couldn't explain to me why this started happening to me at least 1 year after being vegetarian though, that's my fact right there, not a myth for me and besides it's my body and i lived it..

Why couldn't i say my thoughts about this even if it's a known myth? you guys don't have to believe me you know.... im just saying my opinion.

ryuage
12-09-2004, 11:21 AM
preach on

ryuage
12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
noone is saying they dont believe you, you are the one who stated that being vegeterian is known to increase metabolism.... you brought it upon yourself. They are trying to tell you that is not the case and it isnt a known fact that being vegeterian increases your metabolism... and heck I could increase my food intake and shi* 5x a day if i wanted.

Alex.V
12-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Why couldn't i say my thoughts about this even if it's a known myth? you guys don't have to believe me you know.... im just saying my opinion.

You can, bro. You'll just get yelled at. ;)

Nah, we're pretty tolerant. But my post won't be the only one like it. My advice: Hang around the diet forum for a bit. You can have some damn good discussions about this stuff over there.

awakeye
12-09-2004, 11:29 AM
preach on

im not preaching jack ****, i should have never said that i was vegetarian... maybe i should have not posted at all...

ElPietro
12-09-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't get why you are upset. Other than some that criticized your belief system, which you can easily ignore them, we are simply trying to help you get more protein intake, which is probably your biggest hurdle to overcome. Your comments on metabolism are simply false. You just said yourself you had a fast metabolism before, so it stands to reason that it would still be that way after becoming a vegetarian. Bowel movements are not an indicator of metabolism was the point I was trying to make. Sure it's great to be regular, but it's primarily all the fibre that you consume and as Belial said, undigestible vegetable matter, that has lead to your increased regularity.

Why something happened a year later is beyond me. I'm not even sure what you are referring to. If you mean increased regularity I don't know. Maybe your choice of veggies were different prior, or you had other things in your diet. Without going into supreme detail it's not really something anyone can answer.

But in the end it's irrelevant anyway. Whatever your metabolic rate is, the fact remains that if you wish to bulk up (highly recommended) you will need to consume more calories, and more protein and healthy fats. So focus on that and stop being so defensive. People here are offering sound advice and taking the time to type it out for your best interests.

ryuage
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
actually I was referring to belials post you posted in between... haha

awakeye
12-09-2004, 12:27 PM
actually I was referring to belials post you posted in between... haha

lol... sorry then

awakeye
12-09-2004, 12:29 PM
so guys let's forget this whole vegetarian thing ok... i didn't want to start an argument :(

ryuage
12-09-2004, 12:35 PM
theres no argument, just debates! :)

awakeye
12-09-2004, 12:43 PM
blank

Eddan
12-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Now, Iím a sometime vegetarian, and my personal experience is that there is some bs in that ďcommunityĒ when it comes to nutrition. This is not directed at the knowledgeable people, so please donít flame me. Anyway, from my experience there are many myths and misconceptions circulating. For example some vegetarians seems to rationalize the low somewhat protein continent most vegetable foods contain, with the idea that the amount of protein found in ďregularĒ food is dangerous for healthy people.
This is rather unfortunate, as vegetarians have even more reasons than meat-eaters to know at least the basics of nutrition. I guess what Iím trying to say is, try to keep an open mind about this. Some people wonít appreciate the choice to be a vegetarian, and I guess itís best to just ignore that. To ignore those who actually try to help you to do the best you can with the choices you have is, on the other hand, just, well, not very smart.

Good luck with training and growing!

awakeye
12-09-2004, 01:26 PM
if you were saying that im ignoring people who gives me advice... no im not... i got some advice from a few people on this thread that helped me and i thx them, however, some of them also bashed on me for it but yes i am ignoring them, i do not tell them not to eat meat and yes i do know a lot about nutrition now because i have no choice to know about it or else i would die.

awakeye
12-09-2004, 07:51 PM
blank

RickTheDestroyer
12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
That little dog needs to bulk ASAP.

Vido
12-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Trim those legs up, they'd look considerably better.

crazedwombat
12-10-2004, 07:29 AM
hahah denim, so true....

awakeye
12-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Trim those legs up, they'd look considerably better.

true that, leg work routine is inserted for tomorrow's work out, when i used to skate they were in much better shape, it won't take long to get them back into shape.