PDA

View Full Version : Losing 3Ibs a week on a cut.

Jezmason
12-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Do you guys know any diets that would allow me to lose 3Ibs a week without losing much muscle or will i just have to sacrifice, it's just i've gotta special event to lose weight for next year.

Vido
12-08-2004, 01:40 AM
PSMF is your only shot. I don't even think you can lose that much on UD2.

Jezmason
12-08-2004, 03:39 AM
Eugh

Jezmason
12-08-2004, 03:46 AM
I've tried PMSF and it just messes up my stomach and i lose all motivation

Jezmason
12-08-2004, 03:50 AM
With PMSF do you have to do depletion workouts or can you just workout normally?

JustinF
12-08-2004, 04:49 AM
By your two post in this forum it seems like you want fast results without the hard work. It doesn't happen like that.

You just have to decide that your health is more important than being inconvenienced. The motivation needs to come from inside, not from anyone/anywhere else.

Dirt
12-08-2004, 06:40 AM
By your two post in this forum it seems like you want fast results without the hard work. It doesn't happen like that.

You just have to decide that your health is more important than being inconvenienced. The motivation needs to come from inside, not from anyone/anywhere else.

Well said.

ryuage
12-08-2004, 07:49 AM
:withstupi

Vido
12-08-2004, 02:33 PM
With PMSF do you have to do depletion workouts or can you just workout normally?

You can workout normally, but expect strength levels to drop.

Jezmason
12-09-2004, 02:37 AM
What about refeeds?

Vido
12-09-2004, 03:20 AM
What about them?

galileo
12-09-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm working out normally (3-day split) with PSMF and I've not yet lost strength. You have to work through the initial pain of hunger/ketosis/emptiness. After the first time, I never feel discomfort again, even when do a huge refeed then go back to it. It's worth it, I dropped about 4% in the last 2 weeks.

Jezmason
12-13-2004, 05:52 AM
I think your right, it's just i wanted to shed some poundage for my cousins wedding. I'm just gonna go back to cutting normally, maybe start a journal to help keep me motivated.

not_big_enuf
12-13-2004, 10:04 AM
honestly? well, get a thermogenic, something that's going to speed up your metabolism a little bit AND help your appetite.

cut your calories down... knock off about 1000 a day from your norm... you can also go low-carb with a weekly refeed, depends on what you're comfortable with.

do cardio, more cardio, then when you can do anymore, do more. keep your weight training in check and on schedule.

if you can cut about 1000 cals down a day, you'd be in a 7000 calorie deficit, plus burn about 500 cals a day with cardio and help things out with a thermogenic. might not get you 3lbs per week... depends upon if your system ever goes into starvation mode from you cutting cals so much. i think a weekly refeed may help that.

that's my advice, and what's worked pretty well for me. it's all about a caloric deficit. i mean, i went low-carb and lost lots of weight, but when you get down to it, eat less calories.... burn calories, do whatever you have to do get less energy to your body so it'll burn more stored energy (your belly) for you...