PDA

View Full Version : fattie bulking: update

JSully
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Old Pics:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=53963

Alright, its been about 2 months. I managed to get down to 11.5%bf via 4pt caliper test. Then I started bulking just before thanksgiving. I'm currently 252lbs and bodyfat is unknown but increasing gradually. LOL, I just can't win when it comes to bulking without fat gain. Oh well.

Please critique. I believe some people said I need work on my legs, well I started SMASHING them to pieces and I've got some decent results IMO. I vote for legs as most improved bodypart. My chest was lagging too, but I've been working that hard, it just seems to not want to grow. It gets stronger, but not bigger. Oh well, I'll keep working at it. And don't dogg my calves too bad, they just hate me. I measured them and they're a measly 16.5", far from good. Other measurements taken sometime last week are: arms=17.5", chest=48", and legs=25.5".

Well here ya go. Have fun laughing at my fatty ass! LOL

JSully
12-08-2004, 11:15 PM
...more

JSully
12-08-2004, 11:17 PM
...more...and 2 just for fun!

Gabrielle
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
looking pretty good...hamstrings looked like they need a bit more size, but that could be the pose...in the front dub..it looks like your shoulders and forearms overpower your arms a bit..but I can see the improvement in the chest....back looks awesome and traps look good...and quads look much better..starting to develop a nice quad sweep and teardrop...you might want to think about holding off on crossing over because I see a huge improvement overall..and you should ride that for as far as it can take you...if you know what I mean ;)

Rastaman
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
You need to change your name to BigJake and your tagline under your name to "Monster that's training." Great size man.

Frozenmoses
12-08-2004, 11:26 PM
God damn you're gettin' big, Jake. Awesome pics, man. And you're still lean you bastard. Killer job all around, bro. I'm scared of what you're gonna look like after a cycle or two under your belt.

JSully
12-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Gabrielle: Thanks, as far as the hamstring goes, I haven't been able to do much hamstring work because I pulled my left hammy 3 1/2 weeks after the old pics were taken. FINALLY getting the good quad sweep and teardrop, thanks to some front squats I've been implementing. I just gotta pick up some glucosamine so this time I don't stop doing squats after 6 weeks because of knee troubles. Shoulders do overpower my arms, sadly, lol. But I've been working my arms like crazy trying to get them to catch up. A measly 17.5" for my size. Thats horrible. Oh well, they'll grow someday. As far as crossing over, I gotcha. I have the 1st cycle outlined but there's no DEFINITE date as for the beginning, so I may hold it, but ya never know.

Rastaman: Thanks bro, that means alot. That side chest is VERY embarrassing, I didn't even want to post it. It REALLY shows how bloated this M1T is making me. In about 2 weeks (that'll put me one week off the cycle) I should lose my bloat and waterweight and should be down 10lbs from what I am now. So maybe low-to-mid 240s. How about, WannabeMonster that's training? ;)

Fromo: I don't know about lean, but big, I'm getting there. Thanks mang! I'm getting edge and impatient for cycle time. LOL, I wanna be FREAKY BIG! www.wannabefreakybig.com.. :evillaugh

galileo
12-09-2004, 05:16 AM
http://wannabeafreak.com :) -> really exists.

muscle chic
12-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Lookin good!!

sublime99
12-09-2004, 09:07 AM
I can definetley tell a difference all around, looking solid brother! When you do get around to doing a cycle and if you gain 20lbs from your first one OMG you will be huge.

RMW USMC
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Lookin real solid all around from the waist up

ericg
12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Look good man. I think u look a ton better than the other pics for sure. I see you shaved as well haha. Looking awesome bro, keep at it.

ryuage
12-09-2004, 11:04 AM
looking great jake keep it up

Shark
12-09-2004, 12:24 PM
i think you look much better now bro. Awesome job!

awakeye
12-09-2004, 01:21 PM
you're getting prety big, gonna be a monster when you cut

Ironrelic
12-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Impressive wings & guns! Nice work.

GMCtrk
12-09-2004, 07:35 PM
wow, if you cut down to ~7%, you would be absolutely freakish awesome looking. nice work!

IronKidd
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Your huge LittleJake. :)

Senator
12-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Dang! You're a huge son of a gun. Keep up the good work.

lilmase1153
12-09-2004, 10:25 PM
jake my man your lookin pretty damn good.. all this fatty talk and i thought you were lookin like me.. but damn you blow me out of the water. (i said blow me )

GMCtrk
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
jake my man your lookin pretty damn good.. all this fatty talk and i thought you were lookin like me.. but damn you blow me out of the water. (i said blow me )

we all know he was never fat when he says he was. For christs sake he sholder presses like 225lbs :eek:

Canadian Crippler
12-10-2004, 12:34 AM
That cowboy pic might quite possibly be the most homo-erotic upload on WBB to date. ;-)

Looking huge man, LittleJake my butt.

JSully
12-10-2004, 01:01 AM
we all know he was never fat when he says he was. For christs sake he sholder presses like 225lbs :eek:

I'm 5'7 205lbs in this pic. About 38/32 size jeans. And this is AFTER I lost 15-20lbs from freshman year HS. I'm in softmore year in the pic, and that's 15-16yrs old.

So yes, I did used to be fat. :D And it is very easy for me to gain fat as well. Because I used to be as fat as I was, and because I was the "main attraction" to fat boy jokes, it has messed up my self image. Everyone else says I'm not fat, but to me, I'm just another fatass with a little bit of muscle. Sure I'm strong, but that doensn't really say much.

Enough fat ranting! I'm not fat, just pleasantly plump. :D

Everybody, thank you for all your support. It's VERY much appreciated. I was beginning to feel like a lardo, but everyone has brightened up my spirits. Thank you all again. I plan on bulking for half of the next year and then doing a precontest cut to try to get my bodyfat down to competition level in 16 or so weeks. Basically, I just wanna find out how long it'll take me to get that kind of a physique with hardcore dieting. I know I can do it, but I don't know how long it will take, or how I will react @ 10% and below. I plan to do a show in mid to late 2006, but I don't want to come in comp wt under 230lbs. So if I diet down and I'm under 230, looks like I'm not doing the show. At my height (6'0) I don't want to take any chances because I want that 1st place Novice trophy!!! :D Again, thanks all for your support.

If you could give me some critiquing too that'd be great. I was told that my hammies are lacking, but that is due to the inadequate work because of my injury. Everything is working now and I'm back to doing them on schedule. As far as my arms, I just can't get them to grow, kind of like my calves. I'm 250lbs with 17.5" arms. That's retarted! I dunno, I guess I'll just keep lifting. Maybe add a little higher intensity to the arm work. Any other suggestions of what I need to work on?

JSully
12-10-2004, 01:03 AM
That cowboy pic might quite possibly be the most homo-erotic upload on WBB to date. ;-)

Looking huge man, LittleJake my butt.

Fromo's beauty queen pageant pic got me beat. :D

lilmase1153
12-10-2004, 08:46 AM
jake i didnt know you wanted to compete.. right on bro.. you know what thats gonna be my goal also for 2006 im gonna go in there at 180 solid and just blow everyone away.. and yes your cowboy pic is quite homo-erotic but it would be better in my opinion in you had assless chaps :-)

Frozenmoses
12-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Fromo's beauty queen pageant pic got me beat. :D

It's true, I'm teh gayest.

TTT
12-12-2004, 01:11 AM
That is definitely an impressive increase in size. Good work!

JSully
12-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks man. Now if I could find a way to increase my bis/tris. Im thinking of switching up the rep scheme. Doing 10-12 reps instead of 6-8. I'll do that for a little while and we'll see how that works. I've actually switched up my entire routine. It's too much to explain here, but if you're actually interested go and check out my journal.

AdmiralDan
12-12-2004, 02:28 PM
little jake, nice work. you have made great progres. i don't know if it is the pictures that you have taken, but your traps look a little small for your frame. just a thought from my view. i could be wrong

JSully
12-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I dunno, I thought my traps were a strong point. Look at my traps in the frontlegs.jpg picture. Anyways, thanks, and I work my traps all the time! I want freakish traps. LOL

getfit
12-12-2004, 02:50 PM
just took a quick peek littlej you look great! getting real huge!:)

JSully
12-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks gf, I hope to be on your level some day. I saw your pics from before, quite ripped. :thumbup

antek
12-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Hah, fatty, you look great man.
Big ass mofo, hulk indeed. :)

JSully
12-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks. I project I'll get quite fatter though during the course of my 7 month bulk!

Manveet
12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Looking big, great work!

vkefi
12-12-2004, 08:09 PM
7 month bulk.! Awesome :D

Pics are looking **** hot. Props to your effort and commitment.

Ares
12-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Your huge man!!
:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Blender
12-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Looks like somebody will be competing in a year! Excellent work!

JSully
12-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Manveet, Ares: Thanks guys!

vkefi: 7 month bulk = someday I'll be huge! :D

Blender: 2 years tops. I'm taking the next year to bulk and do a precontest diet to see what its like to get my bf that low without actually entering the contest. Then I'm going to take the rest of the year and most of the next year to bulk again and then I'll be ready for a contest. Thanks for the compliment though. That really prides me knowing that someone things I have the potential to compete. Thanks alot!

body
12-18-2004, 05:07 AM
your have to take the little part out of your littlejake name!

Ironrelic
12-18-2004, 09:04 AM
You've got the stuff for impressive gains; h*** you already have impressive stuff. Don't cuss yourself down; cuss yourself up to motivate urself to push harder for what looks like some good potential. :thumbup:

Jabberwocky
12-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Truly an awesome physique. Can't wait to you see you end bulk, and the long ways away cut.

JSully
12-19-2004, 01:53 PM
body: Thanks, but when I'm not little anymore, then I'll take the little out of my name. :D

Ironrelic: Thanks man.

Jabberwocky: I'm getting anxious for the cut already. I don't like to be even a tad overweight, but if it's needed to get huge.. then I suppose I'll hafta deal with it!

Jabberwocky
12-19-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree, I am still in major cutting phase, but the idea of eventually bulking scares the hell out of me.

Relentless
12-20-2004, 08:57 AM
looking good LJ

arms definitely look a bit overwhelmed but that may be partly posing/angle

I would concur that some higher rep ranges are a good thing for the guns... I am in particular very happy with my own recent progress with biceps, and have put 1/2" on my arms this year after years of stagnation. I have also always done heavy tricep pressdowns and 1-h reverse pressdowns, which is part of what I credit for my own thick triceps.

JSully
01-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Ok, a little update. I don't really like these pics but mase said either I post 'em or he does.. that little bastard..

anyways...I'm on my 3rd low carb day, coming in at a total of 1450cals for today. I'm total flat, and tomorrow is my load day. I don't know what made me think to take these, but what the hell. When I was in florida (Dec 24-Jan1) I was weighing about 263. After the water loss and total fat loss so far (I started dieting Jan9) and being completely drained, I weighed in at 238 this morning. The morning after my carb load I should be in the 242-244 range.

For your viewing pleasure/nausea:
A side chest
Rear Double Bicep
Rear Lat Spread

BTW, I took a couple pics of my legs, but you can't tell any difference because I shaved in my last pics, and I'm hairy as fcuk here. The top mid of my quad is poking out a bit more these days. And the sweep is getting larger. Other than that, I carry alot of fat on my legs so they don't have much cuts. Anyways, I'll be posting more pics the first week of March for the "before" pics of my "cycle". I'll have all the other pics in that one. The lighting will be better in those too. As I said, I wasn't even going to post these, which is why I took them in my apartment. Here ya go.

lilmase1153
01-23-2005, 01:58 AM
dude whoever told you to post those must have been out of his mind.... lmao j/k bro lookin good man cant wait for the cycle so when i get back to AZ you can be killing me even more yeaaahhhhh...

Organichu
01-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Your side chest is ridiculously awesome. :S

rookiebldr
01-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Looking great Jake. Those shoulders are huge!!! You're diet is moving so fast too for you. Nicely done.

lilmase1153
01-24-2005, 03:33 AM
see jake what did i tell you.. that side chest is very impressive but my fav is the back double bi...

BCC
01-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Looking great Jake. The side chest looks good but doesn't do you any justice.

Try putting your right arm closer to your body and pulling your elbow back a little further. What will really bring out your pecs is pushing your left bicep into your left pec as your arm crosses your body when your left hand meets your right. If you get the angle right, your left bicep will really push your chest up and create quite the illusion. When done really well your left forearm will touch your ribcage.

Manveet
01-24-2005, 10:51 AM
looking good as usual.

bill
01-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Best pictures yet Jake. More bf you lose the bigger you look, back is a strong point.

JSully
02-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Update...

Just a little update. At the peak of my bulk, the first of the year, I was rounding 265lbs, benching 425lbs, squatting 550lbs, and deadlifting 550lbs as well. I started cutting a week or so later and now I'm hovering around 235-240lbs. Strength has lost a little, but I started taking creatine last week and my strength is coming back slowly. Surprisingly I'm staying pretty strong this cut cycle. Just today I was doing seated DB shoulder press and on my last 2 sets I managed 120lb db's for 8 reps.

Anyways, not much room for critiquing, just a couple update pics. First pic is from last week or so, just a rear lat spread. I feel it's getting pretty worthy of posting... and the second pic is of me in the gym today all puffed up and lookin scary... uh.. err.. something like that..

well.. enjoy!

Southern Beast
02-24-2005, 11:03 PM
You look incredible, man. Your lifting numbers are amazing as well. Keep up the great work!

Rastaman
02-25-2005, 12:11 AM
New pics... still a big mofo. Keep it up man. :strong:

Canadian Crippler
02-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah you're jacked.

Gabrielle
02-25-2005, 12:18 AM
wow...checked out your journal...incredible progress...you look like you've crossed over ;) take it as a compliment...nice numbers, also...keep it up and you will go very far

JSully
02-25-2005, 12:23 AM
wow...checked out your journal...incredible progress...you look like you've crossed over ;) take it as a compliment...nice numbers, also...keep it up and you will go very far

I do take it as a compliment, as I haven't yet. :D
- Thank you

I've pushed back the date, maybe for may or something. I'm trying to get uber lean first then try to gain as much as I can while staying pretty lean. Even if it means I gotta spend the extra cash by adding some winny in there. Anyways, thanks again. As far as the journal, I haven't posted in it in ages, I got kinda tired of the upkeep. When I crossover I'm going to start a new journal with all my past and recent pics in it, then I'll take more pics after the cycle is over as well as compare lifts.

Southern beast, rastaman, canadian crippler: thanks guys. The motivation is making me want to go now, again for a 2nd session tonite. LOL. Surprisingly that second picture makes me look massive. I don't think I look anywhere close to that big, but hell, I don't know. I'm glad I'm finally getting leaner now. Now if I could get my tits to shrink (just fat, not gyno).. lol. I figure next time I post pics, I should be pretty fcukin cut up. Anyways, thanks again.

Anyone got a guess as to my bf%? I'm guessing about 16%?

Southern Beast
02-25-2005, 01:58 AM
16% seems fairly accurate to me. Good luck with your fcukin' cut! ;)

Gabrielle
02-25-2005, 03:54 AM
yeah...I agree 16 seems fairly accurate...I would recommend getting really ripped...maybe even competition shape..this way you can get a fair and accurate critique by forum members and yourself as to what needs to be brought up...and then work your way back up on gear, but in a slow and steady fashion..that is one of the benefits...if done efficiently you can stay at a low bodyfat and still gain...whatever you decide to do..just some food for thought

ianack4life
02-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Jesus man, you're a monster.

You look like you've slimmed down a lot from the original pics.

Focused70
02-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Not so little any more!!!!

Stash

Jabberwocky
02-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Looking awesome.

briancurran01
02-25-2005, 09:44 AM
damn dude.looking huge.

lilmase1153
02-25-2005, 10:28 AM
you motherf***er you... looking badass jake. maybe when we start workingout you can rub off on me (not like that homo :) )

scrutdada
02-25-2005, 11:22 AM
i noticed you were wearing a steubenvill t shirt and a woody hayes hat, are you from ohio?

JSully
02-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Southern beast: yeah, at least I hope I'm around 16%. lol.

gabrielle: competition ripped eh? That's pretty friggin low, but that does sound pretty cool. Maybe I'll push it back another month, and that'll give me the time I need.

inack4life: Thanks and yeah, I was damn fat in the first pics I took back in august. I've also put on quite a bit of size since then.

Soba: yes, still little. I won't be "hugeJake" until I'm nearing 250lbs UNDER 8%. :D

jabberwocky, brian: thanks guys!

lilmase: yeah I don't know what all this gay talk is about, but that **** dont fly. lol. Thanks man, I'm sure you're gonna blow up when you get here, provided I don't get kicked out of any more gyms!! (see my deadlifting post in general chat)

scrutdada: yes bro, I am from Ohio. I go back there every once in a while. I need to make a trip sometime this summer. I've got family in Masillon, Steubenille, and Wintersville. Friends up there all over the place. Thats where I grew up man! I've been to columbus a few times, but I've driven through it more than been there, lol. How's the weather up there! :evillaugh BTW, it's in the Mid 70's here. :D That was the biggest thing that made me move, I hate the cold. And Ohio's got plenty of it. If I want snow now, I'll just drive up to Surprise, Flagstaff, Colorado Springs, or something like that. But all that ice **** and -20 degrees with windchill.. no more!

JSully
02-25-2005, 04:55 PM
BCC: Thanks for the advice man. I forgot I had this pic. It's a side chest doing what you suggested, however I think I leaned in toward the camera a little too much. I've been practicing lately and it looks much better. I'll have another one up in a month or so. Thanks again.

I also forgot to suck in my gut... oh wait.. I'm just fat.. arg! :(

That was 2 taken about 2 weeks ago.

TTT
02-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Looking like a beast, man. You have more and more separation and muscle definition every set of pics I see.

darius19
03-05-2005, 06:54 AM
You look just like my cousin...its so weird...especialy in the mostmuscular.jpg

JSully
03-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Little update. I've been cutting for the last 2 1/2 months. Have dropped 40lbs and not much strength. These pics are between 225 and 230lbs.

Hockey66
03-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Awesome physique LittleJake! I like the face in your shrug pic, lol.

JSully
03-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Awesome physique LittleJake! I like the face in your shrug pic, lol.

:thumbup: classic ;)

EHSathlete
03-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I see a lot of progress! keep it up man!

rookiebldr
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Huge! Great progress on the weight loss. Your shoulders, traps arms are coming along so well. Simply amazing, dude.

lilmase1153
03-26-2005, 06:54 AM
man o man whoever told you to post those you need to slap.... what were you thinking :D

ok ok ya know im kidding bro you know ive always told you that you have nice dude jugs :)

JSully
04-23-2005, 07:04 PM
New pics
237lbs this morning. Carb loaded=bloated + retaining water. I still look like ****, but it's an update. Diet is finally dialed in and fatloss is much better as of wednesday. Next pics scheduled for mid-end of may.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1067343&postcount=212
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1067345&postcount=214

Built
04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
That side tricep shot is AMAZING!

rookiebldr
04-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Awesome progress. The diet is coming along just great. Built, I totally agree with you, that side tri shot is amazing!

cphafner
04-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Your back looks sick!

Jabberwocky
04-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Good progress, no cowboy hat, but good progress none the less. Are you planning psmf all the way to 8% ish?

staggard
04-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Huuuge!!! Great progress man!

WBBIRL
06-01-2005, 08:47 AM
WOW, what impresses me most is how strong you are for all the bigger you are. Dont get me wrong but when I think of a big person its not definiton but wrather measurements that define big to me. Compare to you Im much bigger but much weaker, your a monster compared to me in the lifting aspect and althought you 100% leaner then I am, your arms are the only thing even remotely close to me in size. If your still at 17.5 then I got almost an inch on your there, in the chest Im about 57 1/2 -58 inches, in the calfs im around 19 1/2 -20, forearms are kinda small though... about 14 inches, neck is close to 20.

However man you look huge, I hope to get that cut up.. espically in the sholders and back like you are. I do however have a lot of excess fat to lose... about 56lbs to get down from my current fat ass state of 301lbs to my estimated lean body mass of 245lbs. From then I wana bulk to about 260-270 but keeping it lean, and i wana do it in 3 years or less (after I shed the extra body fat of course).

Oh didnt read your journal yet but man, what a huge transformation from that pic of you at the computer to the one where your shrugging with those dumbells... incredible.