PDA

View Full Version : When do I workout in Ckd?

Darcy Tucker
12-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Are you supposed to have your intense workout right before your carb load or right after?

ryuage
12-09-2004, 05:03 AM
before

Darcy Tucker
12-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Are you sure about that? I thought you were supposed to do it after so that you would have the energy from the carbs you had previously consumed.

Darcy Tucker
12-09-2004, 05:23 AM
If I am going to try to be in ketosis from sun-fri and have just one carb loading day on saturday when should I workout? Should I be doing a light workout on friday, carb load on sat and then do my real intense workout on sunday?

I don't understand why Justin Frank in his article says to carb load after the light depletion workout. Doesn't it make sense to carb load after the physically intense workout?

ryuage
12-09-2004, 05:25 AM
www.c-k-d.com for all your ckd needs

Darcy Tucker
12-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I've been to that website and still do not fully understand when to workout.

shootermcgavin7
12-09-2004, 03:21 PM
As ryuage said, you do your depletion workout BEFORE the carb-load. You're not supposed to have much energy for it. It's called "depletion" for a reason.

Darcy Tucker
12-09-2004, 03:40 PM
So do my depletion workout right before my carb-load. Then right after the carb-load do my intense workout while I still have the energy from the carbs. But then I have no carbs to recover from my intense workout for a week. Is that right?

Also regarding the carb load, I thought you were supposed to go crazy with the carbs and simple sugars for that day? Is this true or are you supposed to stick with mainly complex carbs? I know you are supposed to start with simple carbs then complex carbs but to what degree? Like can I have 10 fruitopias, then later on in the day have potatoes, and rice? Sorry for the inconvenience with all these questions but I am having a hard time understanding this diet. I've been getting confused at the other ckd sites and also have trouble understanding Lyle.