PDA

View Full Version : Protein per day

wanna be buff
12-09-2004, 04:18 PM
i decided i want to make some serious gains in the gym so i started looking up stuff on how to eat and whatnot. i decided it would help alot if i stopped drinking pop and eating candy and ate/drank healthier things.
BUT
i read you should eat roughly 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. i weight 150 and am thinking how the hell am i going to get 150g of protein per day.

so my questions are. how can i get that much protein per day. and what is the best way to eat enough to get you growing, but not gaining that much fat. any meal plans or anything would be greatly appreciated. i'm new to the whole eating right thing.

Vampiro
12-09-2004, 04:23 PM
you think 150 is alot? Im Theres a sticky "what a body builder eats", should answer stuff for you, goodluck.

GMCtrk
12-09-2004, 04:26 PM
150grams is easy bro.

2 Tyson plain chicken breasts....80g
have some eggs for breakfast, I like boiled. 10g
1 can tuna....37.5g
+ the amount of whey taken after workout (I usually take about 60grams).
You can also have a protein shake in the morning.
Not to mention all the other protein you should get from a solid diet :)

ryuage
12-09-2004, 04:30 PM
i think i could hit 150 grams of protein without eating anything considered a protein source... lol

Vampiro
12-09-2004, 04:33 PM
yo GM, the can of tuna >37.5, so im assuming your eating solid white. Weigh the tuna, one can rarly yeilds 112 grams let alone 140

wanna be buff
12-09-2004, 04:47 PM
ok. thanks guys for the quick replies. i didn't realize tuna had so much. i guess i'm gonna have to get some of that. does all chicken have that much protein or just tyson. because on those commercials i think it said added protein.

well like today, for breakfast i had 2 of those sausage wrapped in pancake things. and orange juice. don't know how much that is
lunch. 1 big beef stick 1 little beef stick= a total of 10g protein
2 granola bars=4 g protein
1 iced tea=? not much
after school snack
1 glass milk=8g
1 yogurt=6g
1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese=roughly 10
dinner
3 glass milk=24g
ham=? how much would you say
perogies and corn= probably not much

and i'll probably have some cereal later. so today so far i had about (i'll estimate some of the stuff i dont' know)...102 ok i guess i'm close...kinda

Holto
12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
if I liked eggs and tuna I would hardly use any protien shakes...

wanna be buff: you're off to a good start and I like you're attitude

Holto
12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
oh and for looking stuff up...

www.nutritiondata.com

agentplaya1
12-10-2004, 01:54 AM
ok. thanks guys for the quick replies. i didn't realize tuna had so much. i guess i'm gonna have to get some of that. does all chicken have that much protein or just tyson. because on those commercials i think it said added protein.

well like today, for breakfast i had 2 of those sausage wrapped in pancake things. and orange juice. don't know how much that is
lunch. 1 big beef stick 1 little beef stick= a total of 10g protein
2 granola bars=4 g protein
1 iced tea=? not much
after school snack
1 glass milk=8g
1 yogurt=6g
1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese=roughly 10
dinner
3 glass milk=24g
ham=? how much would you say
perogies and corn= probably not much

and i'll probably have some cereal later. so today so far i had about (i'll estimate some of the stuff i dont' know)...102 ok i guess i'm close...kinda

stick a couple of eggs and a can of tuna into your diet each day, that should get you closer to 150. Do you like peanut butter? Great source of protein and healthy fats. Stick a PB sandwich as an extra snack somewhere in there. And make sure you eat a protein-filled meal before you go to bed. A glass of milk or two, some cottage cheese or yogurt and a handful of nuts is perfect.