PDA

View Full Version : questions about EFA's

jazer80
12-10-2004, 06:17 PM
does the effectiveness of omega 3/6's vary if they come from different sources (like fish oil v flax seed)? and has anyone heard of efa's having a blood thinning effect?

bradley
12-11-2004, 01:05 AM
does the effectiveness of omega 3/6's vary if they come from different sources (like fish oil v flax seed)?

I would choose fish oil caps over flaxseed oil, due to the fact that fish oil supplies EPA/DHA directly to the body. Flaxseed oil contains ALA which has to be converted to EPA/DHA, which is not an effecient process.

and has anyone heard of efa's having a blood thinning effect?

Fish oil has been shown to increase bleeding time, but I would not be concerned about this effect unless you are taking large doses or have a pre-existing health condition. The thread below has some good information.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=35125&highlight=fish+oil

Jasonl
12-11-2004, 01:25 AM
No way, welcome back bradley.

bradley
12-11-2004, 01:30 AM
No way, welcome back bradley.

Jasonl
12-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Where have you been, dude? WBB's diet and supps. forums haven't been the same. :)

bradley
12-11-2004, 02:04 AM
Where have you been, dude? WBB's diet and supps. forums haven't been the same. :)

I got busy with school and work, and just didn't have the time or energy to read and post as much as I used to. I have more spare time now so I am planning on posting more.