PDA

View Full Version : Fuel for BBall...

PrimeTime
11-12-2001, 07:38 PM
Tommorrow I have my second basketball game of the year(just now getting over last week:) and I was just wondering if any of you guys knew what I can eat/drink before the game to give myself a little extra edge on the 6 ft. 5 and 6 ft. 8 people!!

Last year I was kinda stupid because I used to have a protein shake before the game thinking it was doing me good but now I'm having one ready for me after the game...

I'm thinking pasta or rice to outlast those slow dudes that dunk on my head? Any help please?

syntekz
11-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Ever tried any fat burners or metabolic enhancers?

Darcy Tucker
11-12-2001, 08:51 PM
I was recently anemic and sometimes I get very tired playing hockey. After each shift I'd go to my bench and rest for 2 minutes. When I was younger I used to get my energy back but lately I just don't get it. But what honestly has helped me is fruit drinks (gatorade). I honestly find that they help me out.

Wizard
11-12-2001, 11:39 PM
Have a big serving of oatmeal.

PrimeTime
11-13-2001, 04:46 AM
I may try some oatmeal and gatorade sounds like a good idea, I guess I'll have to rely mostly on my skills, the little that I have!! I guess there is nothing out there that is going to help me dunk on these punks, in everyday life I feel so tall but now I know how Allen Iverson must feel when playing!

YatesNightBlade
11-13-2001, 05:00 AM
I'd have some oatmeal, brown rice or Pasta with some potatos about 1hr before the game.

Wizard
11-13-2001, 07:37 AM
but now I know how Allen Iverson must feel when playing

laughs @ the poor kid and smokes some more weed