PDA

View Full Version : keeping the weight, burning the fat

reg56
12-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi,

I have some questions regarding how many calories I need to be eating per day. I have been using fitday.com for about 3 days nows and it's really helpful in determining how many calories I intake, and how many I burn. I would like to know how many calories I should be taking in, and burning per day in order to stay around the range of the weight I'm currently at. For December 10, I took in 3800 calories (Without the 3 glasses of Whey protein I had during the day because they do not have an option for it) and burned 4150 calories according to fitday.

Current weight : 203
Height : 5'9"
Goals : Build muscle mass, burn fat, and keep my weight between 203-210 for next football season (Lineman)
Current Routine :
Monday - Chest/Tri/Abs
Tuesday - Run with team @ school
Wednesday - Legs/Abs
Thursday - Run with team @ school
Friday - Back/forearms/Abs
Saturday - Shoulders/Bi
Sunday - Cardio

Stats:
Bench : 235
Squat : 405

I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies, beef, chicken, tuna, and turkey. I drink about 4 liters of water and 4 glasses of milk per day. (3 servings of whey)

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jasonl
12-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Well welcome to the site, first off. Second, it's gonna be tough to burn fat and build muscle at the same time, so it would probably be best if you picked one and went with that for a while. It seems to me that you're very active so that is good if you're trying to lose fat. I suggest you just weigh yourself maybe tomorrow morning before eating or drinking anything, then while keeping caloric intake and activity levels the same, weigh yourself at the same time in 1 week. After doing that, you'll have a better idea of whether you're losing, gaining, or maintaining weight. At your age your natural test levels are through the roof, so it may do you well to just cut a bit of fat, then bulk until you feel too fat.

reg56
12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Also, I am now mostly concerned with strength. I do want to have a nice physique, but I will worry about that after next football season. As I said above, I want to keep my weight range between 203-210, burn fat, but most importantly, I want STRENGTH. Is my current routine going to give me the strength and power (mainly legs) I need, or should I work certain muscle groups maybe twice a week? I really need help...

By the way, I usually workout for about an hour and 10 minutes on lifting days and I do 3 sets for each exercise with high weight/low reps til failure.