PDA

View Full Version : Update :)

big calvin
12-11-2004, 07:29 PM
hello guys just thought id post an update.. im not sure about my weight but i have lost a little size, about 1.5-3" on all measurements(chest,arms,waist)

im guessing im around 370 lbs... im 6 foot 21 years old... my last update was around jan. of this year.. but those who kno me from before i was 450-460lbs.. im wearing a size 5X shirt now and was a 8X and pants i was a 56 but now can fit (tightly but still lol) a 48.. i kno its not the fastest weightloss but some progress is better den no progress :)

my diet isnt really structured its more eat less(same food just half) and drop sodas... im glad 2 say i kicked my soda sugar rush and now drink water and wen i need something extra i drink diet cherry coke(stuff is goooood!!!).. my appitite is waaaay smaller then it use 2 be.. 2day was the first day i tried a structured eating plan and it went ok im not really hungry but it might have ben 2 little calories.

wha i had was 9am i had 3 chicken hotdogs...1pm i had 8oz 90% lean ground beef burgers w/ 2 slices cheese, then at 5:30pm i had 8oz. chicken breast wit just a lil bit of ketchup...im gettin a little hungry right now (9:20pm) so i think ill have hand full of peanuts and call it a night..

heres a pic recently i took..

http://images.cpixel.com/piczir/C/COOCOOCAL/187672/coocoocaleMWRpY.jpg

ryuage
12-12-2004, 04:14 AM
great job big cal!! you doing keto or something cuz I dont see much if any carbs in that diet.

big calvin
12-12-2004, 06:48 AM
thanks ryuage, yea i decided to cut the carbs alot. just before this i started to eat a good amount of fruits like apples,oranges and pears but my blood sugar was getting to high so it wasnt working for me(or maybe i was eating just 2 much fruit lol).

mattburns
12-12-2004, 05:16 PM
thats massive progress, 80+ lbs since jan. very impressive mate keep it up.

you gonna post regularly with updates in this journal?

Maki Riddington
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Great progress, but will you stick with it this time? My concern is that you have not stated whether you have a plan put together.

big calvin
12-12-2004, 09:35 PM
mattburns,o no no its not 80lbs since jan. the measurment loss is from jan. till now which i think is around 20lbs... the 80lbs loss is in total from b4 bout a year or 2 ago till now but thanks :)

maki, no real plan im sorri 2 say. i have ideas of what i can do and wha i think would work.. 2day i had alot of chicken and not much of anything else but i did have some bread in the morning with the chicken...im prolly eating alot less then i should b but im not really that hungry so i dont see it as something bad i guess but your right i do need 2 come up with a certain plan... do u have any advice? should i just keep doing wha im doing(portions and no coke) but add in eating healthier and cooking healthier?(brown rice,wheat bread,lean meats cooked on foreman)

Maki Riddington
12-12-2004, 10:32 PM
You really don't know where you're going with this eating pattern of yours. What do you want to do and how are you going to accomplish it? If you don't have any answers, at some point I am almost certain you are going to fall off the bandwagon.

One must plan to succeed. I'm sure you've heard of the saying that goes like this: Failure to plan is planning to fail.

Maki Riddington
12-12-2004, 10:33 PM
First, state your goals. Start with your biggest one and then end off with your smallest one. Each one should lead you closer to your big goal.

big calvin
12-13-2004, 07:10 PM
my goals... well my biggest goal is to get at a normal bodyfat level( for me its 20% bodyfat) which for me i would say is 230-250...that would b my biggest goal. there r more goals or wants but all of them would b filled if i got to that weight.. my smallest goal right now would just figure some pattern of eating(healthy) and walking. i was moving in the right direction i guess with taking coke out and cutting portions but your right about not having a plan... i dont really have one, i just really go by its how im feeling... i mean somedays im really hungry and have 5 meals and some im not hungry at all and have 2..... if i had a middle goal somewere between the 2...id say get to 300lbs...and have all 3 factors going for me..diet,weight training and cardio just cause i never really did all 3 at one time it was always 2 only.

so there is 3 goals from smallest 2 largest
1st- get a meal plan and walkin program
2nd- have diet,training and cardio in order and weight 300lbs
3rd- get at a normal bodyfat level and stay there

ryuage
12-14-2004, 05:48 AM
set your goals and push towards them! all you have to do is want it.

patience and persistance is key.

big calvin
12-14-2004, 05:40 PM
thanks man :)

i think i came up with something for goal number 1... its not finalized i guess but this is just a outline... first thing every morning i can have is oatmeal.. say 1.5-2 cups w/ a little milk...then 2nd meal can b a MRP w/ water and maybe a little bit of peanuts?...meal 3 2 turkey on wheat bread sandwhiches...meal 4 another MRP and some peanuts(or is this a bad choice?)..then meal 5 1.5-2 cups(post cooked measurment) brown rice or white rice(really depends on wha is available at the time) and say 6-8oz. of chicken,ground turkey or lean steak.. and later on just a peanut butter sandwhich?

does this sound good? i have ben thinking of wha i can afford and wha i can do this seems simple and wouldnt hurt the wallet..

for the cardio... i really just have 2 get my ass up in the morning and do it... i figure i can start small and slowly increase it 2 a longer duration...say first week 20mins...2nd week 30min...3rd week 40min...and so on till i have 60 min of walkin first thing in the morning. im going 2 get food 2morrow so i can really start this plan...so far i just have ben doing wha i normally do (no coke,not eating alot)..let me kno wha u guys think...it may be a little low in calories (1800-2000) but with the way my appitite is i dont think ill have a problem