PDA

View Full Version : A trio of images

Teh BDK
12-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok, I'll finally put up some of my work. This is from a nearly finished body of work that I started this semester. All of the images (I have 10 total, I scanned 3 for you) are of my own body. Some required assistance, others didn't.

These are all silver gelatin prints, 16x20 Ilford Cold Glossy fibre based paper.
Shot on Kodak TMX 10o and...well, anybody who cares will ask what else I did.

Enjoy.

Teh BDK
12-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Lights out.

JSully
12-11-2004, 11:31 PM
The face pictures looks fcukin awesome, I would buy that! (if I weren't broke myself.. lol)

The elbow picture looks masicistic (sp?) and the torso pic looks odd, but cool. What else did you do to them, the elbow almost looks like a black & white negative, and I'm not quite sure about the torso pic, but it looks cool nonetheless.

TTT
12-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Those are definitely cool. I like the elbow pic, it really looks kind of harsh and, just, strange. But interesting.

Teh BDK
12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Whenever I take a photo for this series I coat my flesh with a dusting (depending on the desired appearance) with lifting chalk. On the elbow pic, a combination of freshly tanned flesh, slight underexposure, and a very light dusting of chalk rendered a deep flesh tone with exaggerated highlights in the creases and wrinkles. The face had a thick layer of chunky chalk along with an overexposed negative. The torso was serendipidous. Don't ask.

Teufelhund
12-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Very cool pics. Somehow knowing you are covered in lifting chalk makes them even cooler, lol. The elbow is my favorite.

Stackattack
12-13-2004, 06:11 PM
The elbow looks liks rhino skin. Very awesome.

JD77
12-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Nice pictures. Since you are an artist, perhaps you can help me out.

I have never been intelligent enough to understand or appreciate abstract forms of art. At one art show, I saw a display called: "Dirt Baby", which consisted of a plastic baby doll with dirt glued all over it. I'm sure it was a ground-breaking, momentously artistic expression, but my mind can't see it. I just see a baby doll with dirt all over it and the whole emotional value just flies right over my head.

At another, there were several framed pieces of 12 X 12 inch canvas (roughly). Each was painted a solid color, i.e. black or green, etc. No pattern or design, just one frame of yellow canvas, one with blue, one with red.... Naturally, each had a price tag of $100,000 on it. I don't get it.

Does it take a certain thought process to understand these things or can it be learned?

galileo
12-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Abstract art probably means something to the artist. To appreciate it, you need to find your own meanings, not necessarily what the artists intends. Finding the beauty in ugliness, in some cases.

Teh BDK
12-13-2004, 11:32 PM
JD, I have never ever understood that ****. Ever. Gal is right to an extent. What I believe (what he left out) is that it takes a certain thought process to make beauty (or..SOMETHING) out of nothing at all. And the most important: the ability to convince other people that you are right.

Ares
12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
Thats some hardcore stuff man.. especially the elbow :thumbup:

The_Brick
12-14-2004, 05:10 AM
Abstract and post modern art sucks.

Canadian Crippler
12-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Elbow looks great, you got a port. anywhere?

Teh BDK
12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Does that mean 'portrait'?

Teufelhund
12-14-2004, 03:31 PM
portfolio?

Teh BDK
12-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it might be portfolio.

Its only 5 more letters. Do you pay by keystroke?

No, I don't have a portfolio anywhere online. I'm wary of putting work on the internet because I've seen images ripped off with wanton frequency. I feel strange even about putting what I did on this site. The one of the face is so small and low quality that at least you can't really do much with it.