PDA

View Full Version : How important are un-saturated fats?

trojan1444
12-11-2004, 09:28 PM
How important is it to get un-saturated fats in a diet when bulking? Is it worth building in a couple teaspoons of olive oil to dishes in your calorie calculations?

JSully
12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Yes!

Fats help hormone production, as well as other beneficial muscle building operations. Someone else can give a more detailed response because other than hormone production I'm a little shabby on the subject.

CraigVA286
12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
They can help boost testosterone levels.

"Research has found that men who ate diets rich in monounsaturated fat -- the kind found in peanuts -- had the highest testosterone levels."

http://timinvermont.com/fitness/boosttes.htm

Peanut butter and olive oil are great in any diet. You can also mix them in shakes with protein, milk and bananas, and ice cream and make a 1500 calorie shake. Great for bulking.

ElPietro
12-14-2004, 01:40 PM
They are just as important when dieting. If you cut down your fat intake your body will crave fat, and store it as such. If you have a continuous supply, then your body will not need to store it. So getting healthy fat is obviously a better alternative.

emjlr3
12-14-2004, 03:59 PM
that all natural peanut butter is good ****, i keep a can of mixed nuts by my comp and eat some when im playing games sometimes