PDA

View Full Version : Cardio, and lifting...

weak_17
12-12-2004, 01:07 AM
Now that the swimming season has started again (down here in Australia), I am forced into lap swimming on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings. I am keen to continue weight training, but the only real openings I now have during the week are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Granted, on these days, i have ample time available to use in the gym.

I know 3 days in a row in the gym is not ideal, but it's better than nothing, right? I am thinking along the lines of a Push / Pull / Leg split. Fridays nights for Push, Saturday arvo for legs, and Sunday arvo for Pull.

I would really like to concentrate on the Pushing part of the split, as i feel my triceps, and especially my chest are lagging. Would the Push workout be better on the Friday, or the Sunday, for optimal results?

Thanks for any tips and advice you guys can give me!

lilmase1153
12-12-2004, 03:57 AM
i like your idea of push/pull/legs as i do the same split.. but since your gonna be swimming thursday i woudlnt do back on friday as it would already be worked from your laps.. i would do as follows

friday- chest, delts, tri
saturday- legs
sunday- back, biceps

this way youd give your back time to heal. and on your push day it depends what your worried about the most. if its triceps youll wanna work those direct, but just remember doing bench and shoulder press's and things all work your triceps indirectly so its not really needed to do a lot of direct work... ok hope this helps good luck