PDA

View Full Version : trying to fight my Kryptonite

Pages : [1] 2

LadyLifter
12-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey everyone...So here it is..The start of my workout daily journal. I need the motivation and occasional kick in the rear to get myself out. I am a student in the College of Engineering...fighting my way through trying to live up to my own expectations in terms of school, academics, social, etc. I first really got into lifting last winter as Marching Band season finished up (yes I am a dork...) and I wanted to audition for Drum Major. It was one of the hardest things I had done because I was spending an average of 3 hours a day at the gym rotating through lifting (4 days a week), running daily, twirling, fleixiblity (I had to be able to do the backbend for the audition) and general exercises to be the best of the band while taking 17 hard credit hours. I failed miserably at the audition and this past season was a rough one for me. I have now started lifting with my boyfriend who has helped me put together a good, balanced, diet and exercise plan (which I will post when I have more time) and help me balance everything out. Any random ideas, chatting, etc are welcome and I look forward to anything you'd like to say! let the fun begin....

ryuage
12-13-2004, 12:33 PM
good luck with your goals... looking forward to checking in on your progress.

getfit
12-13-2004, 04:59 PM
good luck:)

LadyLifter
12-13-2004, 09:15 PM
thanks for the responses so far!

so here the journey begins...

today wasn't a lifting day so things aren't going to be too exciting...

ready...here it goes...

i swam for about 30 minutes. That involved laps in sets of breatstroke, front crawl and a little bit of back stroke. I also worked on my upper body by using the leg bouys (fits between your knees so you can not kick and your legs won't make you sink) and pushing through several sets of front crawl. I don't have a lot of uper body strength I am proud to feel the sore and know I did something today. Tomorrow is back, legs and abs along with about 15 minutes of rowing.

I can't wait to feel that burn! :p

LadyLifter
12-15-2004, 08:31 AM
so yeah that burn..the only one I felt as I laid down to sleep last night was that of dinner. I feel horrible.

After I ate dinner (today got designated cheat day due to Christmas Dinner in the dorm...I don't cheat once a week normally...maybe every couple weeks.) food would just not settle. I waited til it felt like I could walk without losing everything I had eaten but that just wasn't happening. I left to go to the gym and ending up running outside instead. That didn't last long either as I had to stop once, hunch over and wait for something that never happened.

:offtopic: just for a second...because the fight with my boyfriend that still isn't over and actually started as he was logged on WBB ...yeah that didn't help the whole throwing up feeling either. Tonight I am hitting the gym hard. It's supposed to be a cardio day but seeing as I ended up attempting to do that yesterday I'm going to throw some weights around and feel better about it...

Ok..I'm going to go and try to convince my stomach that I'm hungry and my hands that they shouldn't be shaking...It's time to study for finals...The pissed look in my eyes is kind of blurring my physics and calculus though.....oye...its going to be a long day....

Focused70
12-15-2004, 08:37 AM
:spam:

good luck with things.

Stash

Shane
12-15-2004, 11:22 AM
:spam: Welcome to journalland.

Damn, I've some stories but I didn't know dorm food was THAT bad.

Good luck with your workout tonight.

PizDoff
12-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Good luck with your journal.

TheGimp
12-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey, glad to see you started a journal, hope things go well :)

LadyLifter
12-15-2004, 08:29 PM
today went well...things with the man went well and are all better which made the gym even better...back to the topic at hand

all i have to say is I better be hurting tomorrow.

I ran to the gym and started on the given back, legs and ab routine...

warm-up sets plus 3x10 wide grip pull downs at 60 lbs.
warm-up sets plus 3x10 DB rows at 25 lbs.
3x10 reverse grip pulldowns at 70 lbs.
3x10 cable rows at 70 lbs.
warm-up sets plus 3x10 squat at bar+20 (still on smith machine to work on form)
3x10 leg extensions at 80 lbs.
3x10 leg curls at 90 lbs.
3x10 calf raises at 120 lbs.
3x20 decline crunches
3x10 for each side rotary torso machine at 70 lbs.

that's going to feel great tomorrow morning just in time for chest and shoulders....Can't wait to feel the burn! :lurk: and thanks to living in the dorm (which btw the food wasn't that bad but I ate a LOT of it the other nite...that was the issue) I smell popcorn...one of my biggest weaknesses...temptation....reaching for the protien powder..its time to shake it up

getfit
12-16-2004, 02:34 AM
nice session there girl:)

LadyLifter
12-16-2004, 06:52 AM
nice session there girl:)

thanks fit! Anything anyone would change?

LadyLifter
12-17-2004, 11:18 AM
next session up for critique: yesterday...

chest and shoulders:
warm-up sets plus 3x10 barbell bench at bar +10 lbs.
2x8 incline db press at 20 lbs. + 1x10 incline db press at 15 lbs.
3x10 db fly at 10 lbs.
3x10 front raisies at 5 lbs.
3x10 lateral raises at 5 lbs.

one of my weaker sessions but I would also say these are the areas I have to work on most. I had to unfortunatly cut out overhead db press and rear delt flies because I have a shoulder injury that I'm still recovering from. I'm trying to push through every exercise I can though to help support it ...once I hit popping in my should though I take that as a stopping point. Look for improvement on this workout.

Any suggestions for other shoulder exercises to help this area? :help:

debussy
12-17-2004, 11:25 AM
will we be seeing any deadlifts in this journal?

LadyLifter
12-17-2004, 12:37 PM
in the future...I hadn't thought to do those til now..thanks..I hope to turn things up a little and see what I all I can do as I go ..hopefully the whole routine will be changing as time goes on so I can get more variety and such as I go...:)

LadyLifter
12-18-2004, 03:51 PM
So today was a day off as will the next days until I can breathe again without difficulty...I'm trying to get over this cold so that as soon as I can run to the gym without sneezing the whole way there I can make the most of my gym time. In the meantime I am making myself proud by eating responsibly when I get hungry, paying attention to when I'm hungry and when I just want to avoid studying and eating well even in the dining hall. I'm also looking for some :help: with that shoulder problem. The "good sore" has gone away and now the painful hurt has taken over. I've tried cutting the number of reps, amount of weight, and both. I have completely cut out overhead press of any kind because of the tremendous pain of just one rep of a bar. :help: Any recommendations of exercises I can do that work in the area to help build around my shoulder to help support it as I work? Or even any other exersices or anything I can try to help deep joint pain in my shoulder?....

dissipate
12-24-2004, 07:04 AM
painful hurt!? maybe you need to see a physiotherapist.......

PizDoff
12-24-2004, 10:24 AM
1. Stop working it. Rest.
2. See dissipate's post.

LadyLifter
01-06-2005, 08:25 AM
A belated Happy Holidays to everyone...I took Christmas off and that seemed the helps a lot..my session yesterday felt great and it was extra motivation to keep pushing through.

The shoulder is starting to feel better although I didn't do anything to aggrivate it.

Yesterday:

skull crushers 2 warm-up sets + 3*10 at 25 lbs.
seated dips 3*10 at machine + 90 lbs.
press downs 3*10 at 40 lbs.
db kickback 3*10 at 10 lbs.
alt. db curl 2 warm-up sets + 3*10 at 20 lbs.
concentration curl 3*10 at 25 lbs.

Not my best workout but I'm a little sore today...
Today is a swimming day and that should be great. Yay for being back at the gym, not being tempted by the sweets of Christmas and getting back in the swing of things. :strong:

Thanks to everyone (on different posts) who replied to my shoulder issue. I think the rest over break was good for it...we'll see what happens when I next hit shoulders and back :)

post swim - I feel the burn in my tris and it feels great...can't wait for tomorrow!

LadyLifter
01-07-2005, 11:52 AM
ok so still looking for critiques on my workouts...I'll update today's later (I have to do it first)

I finally had a chance to look around at other posts and journals (namely those that have posted) and I am more motivated than before...why do I have another lecture today??? Oh well...soon enough.

getfit - how long have you been lifting? I was blown away by your bench and such you posted on your journal! That's awesome!

aight..one more lecture and then to the gym with myself. more to come...

getfit
01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
been lifting for 3 years now! i kinda have strange strength;)

LadyLifter
01-07-2005, 02:47 PM
wow...inspriation...ok so today's workout...abs are really sore from yesterday's swimming (i do some core stuff while swimming so I felt it this morning)

critique freely...this session felt ..off

chest and shoulders: *still working my way up on shoulders due to previous pain...getting there slowly*
bench - 2 warm-up plus 3*10 at bar + 10
incl db press - 3*10 at 20's
db fly - 3*10 at 10's
overhead db press (finally back on this without pain!!) - 3*10 at 15's
front / lat / rear delt raises - tri-set 3*10 at 7.5's

more ab work (decline crunches and obliques plus incline raises)

Guido
01-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Good job so far, Ladylifter. Glad to see you are keeping up with your journal again. I do have one suggestion. You should put in your routine whenever you get a new PR, like (+2r) if you do 2 more reps than the time before with the same weight or (+5) if you went up 5 lbs in weight over your best. It will make it easier to track your progress over time and it's a great motivator :)

LadyLifter
01-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks I will do that as I go. So far things have been kind of come and go because of winter break (hence my lack of updating due to lack of weights and decent internet access). I will post when I make progress and maybe one of these days pics too if anyone thinks they would help. So far I'm still rather self-concious (sp?) so it would take a bit of courage to post them but we'll see how things go. Thanks everyone for your advice! Tomorrow is a long run but I'll let you know how I feel (especially after today!)

LadyLifter
01-09-2005, 05:57 PM
45 minutes of bike time felt great yesterday...I am really feeling the chest and shoulder work out from the other day and my abs are killer! I laughed rediculously hard last night and my abs hurt even more this morning. I should have the stomach i want in no time at this rate. Other than running after the bus today was on off day but tomorrow is back to the gym for back and legs...oooohhh yeah...feeling the burn already!

TheMachine
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi, good workouts going on here, I like all the dumbell pressing and barbell work. As far as the pain you experienced when pressing overhead, I suggest rotator cuff work and rear delt exercises. Face pulls, bent over rear delt raises, reverse pec deck etc.

Instead of having whole days just for one body part or group have you thought of training opposing muscle groups? I did the same kind of routine that you are doing now and I peaked rather quickly. Now I work my chest and back on the same day, sometimes supersetting. Abs and lower back go together, bi's and tris another day, quads and hammies. Odd body parts like shoulders and calves can be trained whichever days you like. I've found that there is a real synergy to training this way and you can get more done in less time.

JSully
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
:spam:

Just popped in to give ya some spam!

:D Anyways, I like the workouts. They look solid. Try mixing up your shoulder work. Instead of DBs for front/side/rear raises, check into cable. I like to do cable every other week because it's a constant tension put on the muscle unlike DB's which get heavier as you raise whereas the cables keep the constant tension. Although I could be talking for no reason because that's something you could be doing anyways. lol. Also, upright rows, reverse pec deck and facepulls (as TheMachine suggested) will help with the shoulder problem.

Anyways, good chest work also. :thumbup: Keep up the hard work!

getfit
01-10-2005, 02:33 AM
nice sessions there girl! keep pushing hard it's so worth it!:)

LadyLifter
01-10-2005, 06:07 AM
Machine I will keep that in mind. I like the idea of pairing muscle groups and cutting down on time (as a college student that is a rare commodity) and the shoulder workouts witll most definately be tried!! Thanks!

Jake Thanks for the spam and welcome to the journal! Cable workouts are something I have not yet tried but sounds like a great idea to mix things up...I'll give that a shot! Thank you!

GetFit Thank you for stopping by again and for the motivation. I can't wait to get through my classes today (9-4...YUCK!) and hit the gym (YAY!)

I wish the gym could be a bigger part of my day but things are going to start getting busy! I will probably try out Machine's idea and see if that reduces time. Until next time...

LadyLifter
01-10-2005, 04:37 PM
today's session was big in improvements ...here it goes... (all increases are in terms of weight not reps)

warm-up sets plus 3x10 wide grip pull downs at 65-70-75 lbs. (+5,10,15) YAY!
warm-up sets plus 3x12 DB rows at 20 lbs. (i couldn't find the 25's so i increased # of reps)
3x10 reverse grip pulldowns at 95 lbs. (+25 - must have been selling myself short here)
3x10 cable rows at 95, 95, 100 lbs (+25,25,30 - again selling short but...he!! yeah!!!!)
warm-up sets plus 3x10 squat at bar+30 (still on smith machine to work on form but that's +10 ....going without the machine next week starting with bar only)
3x10 leg extensions at 90 lbs. (+10)
3x10 leg curls at 90 lbs.

:strong:

That felt great...wonderful bliss...I know a lot of those are bumped up a lot but I think I was selling my self short before as I noted a couple times and I was on a roll today...may hit carido tomorrow but its a scheduled off day. I have a long break between classes; may feel the urge to run...or do laundry...hmmm...I'll run ;)

getfit
01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
wooooohoooo girl real nice session :)

LadyLifter
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
wooooohoooo girl real nice session :)

thank you so much! I take that as a great compliment :D

-TIM-
01-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Looking good LadyLifter. I didn't see that you listed your goals. Do you have any specifics?

LadyLifter
01-10-2005, 09:50 PM
at one point my goal was to bench my weight (currently 151 lbs.) but i'm afraid now that won't give me the look i'm going for. My biggest goals have been in terms of running..another sub-24 minute 5K would be great as would a sub-50 minute 10K. I also want to run a marathon before I graduate. In terms of lifting...If I could max a bench at 130 I would be way happy. Still working on more specifics...thanks for the encouragement Tim!!!

LadyLifter
01-13-2005, 05:57 PM
yesterday's session:

bi's and tri's
skull crushers 2 warm-up sets + 3*10 at 25 lbs.
dips 3*10 at 80 lb assist
press downs 3*10 at 70 lbs. (I did these on a different type a machine so I think that's the +30 there)
db kickback 3*10 at 10 lbs.
alt. db curl 2 warm-up sets + 3*10 at 20 lbs.
EZ-bar curl 3*10 at bar +20lbs.
Alt db hammercurl 3*10 at 20 lbs.
concentration curl 3*10 at bar +15 lbs (moved from db's to bar)

today:
swam half a mile
#*lengths

3*2 - warm up pace
1*4 - fast
1*6 - a little slower but pushing it
1*8 - a little slower still but no less intense
1*6 - see previous 1*6
1*4 - see previous 1*4
1*2 - all out

Everything felt good...that bi and tri session was much better than the last one. I have also started moving quicker through my sets with less rest time and more pushing myself. That has (I think) contributed to me feeling better about my workouts.

I also decided something while swimming today...I have in sight an event. For those that don't know I am a runner (I may have mentioned it before but if not..there you go) and have run countless 5K's (3.1 miles), a 10K (6.2 miles) and one half marathon (13.1 miles). My goal is a marathon Spring Break of my senior year, hopefully the one in Hawai'i. However I have also set my sights on this summer.

I am going to run the Sunburst Half Marathon, "Hall of Fame to Notre Dame", such called because it starts at the College Football Hall of Fame in South Bend, IN and finishes with an ending through the tunnel and to the 50 yd line of the Notre Dame football stadium (assuming last summer's construction is done). I have run this 5K before and its a little hard but I want to run another half marathon. Starting next week (because I work goals better by starting on a week) there will be no off days. Tuesdays (previously an off day) and another day TBD will be one hour run days and I will run extended paths to whatever gym I am headed to so I get a little more cardio than normal. I will be keeping a journal of what I eat all through the day, the number of water bottles I finish off, how long I ran for (distance / time as applicable), how everything feels, my session for the day of course...you get the idea. For those that wish to read it, I will promise that everything I write in that journal will be posted here for you to read and once I run the event I will let you know my time. Its in June so I have some time but I am going to do this. The last half marathon I ran was just *edit* over 2 hours and I want to beat that. I will do it. *I need a fired up smily for here*

getfit
01-13-2005, 06:47 PM
nice session there girl :)

LadyLifter
01-17-2005, 09:19 PM
So today started the halfmarathon training ... I found a workout by Maki (HUGE THANK YOU) for strength and endurance training for distance runners looking to incorporate lifting with their trainin regimen. I combined this with a Runner's World Half-Marathon and we're off...Because this workout is geared towards runners and endurance not building muscle persay its going to look a lot different from the other journals on here. Also Mondays are normally cheat days...great way to start huh?

Diet
breakfast: oatmeal and whey

lunch (cheat day): broccoli chedder soup
hot chocolate
brie and tomato croissant

snack: apple sauce

dinner: broccoli
cottage cheese w/ salsa
mashed potatoes

post workout / pre bed: protein shake

Notes: I know there wasn't much protein here - my stomach wasn't handling anything with a lot of protein very well yesterday so I lowered that a little today...once I adjust to this new med I'm on I should be fine tho. I also feel sooo gross about what I ate today...I am going to eat so much better tomorrow (even if today was a cheat day).

Workout
Strength Training - all exercises are 1*20 with as little break between exercises as possible - Maki said 1 minute but there were WAY too many people there...I probably hit between 1:30 and 2

bench - bar only
seated cable row - 60 lbs.
lat pull downs - 70 lbs.
barbell curl - bar+5 lbs
tricep press downs - 60 lbs.
db shoulder press - 12.5 lbs.
weighted swiss ball crunches - 10lbs.
standing oblique rotations - 10 lbs.

Notes: Next time I'm going to try to bump up the bench, tricep press down, weighted crunches, and oblique weights. Today was a little weird because this workout is very different from anything else I've done but Maki knows best :bow:

Cardio
30 minutes stair stepper - 130 floors

Notes: I can do more floors next time - I'm not some little "cardio bunny"

General
Today was kind of weird in terms of eating - I was hardly hungry all day today and as I mentioned before protein in any form just wasn't sitting well. Even now I am slowing sipping my protein shake bound and determined to get it down. Going to the gym made me feel better as usual but I didn't feel as productive because I am still trying to figure out what weights I need and how to best work the 1*20 set I have for this first week.

However I have to say that I feel good just that I got out there and focused all of my gym time towards a goal in sight...That alone felt great and I feel like I have conquered the race already. Bring it!

Still trying to finish this shake....that is all...

getfit
01-18-2005, 02:03 AM
nice going there girl! just keep doing what you're doing!:)

LadyLifter
01-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Sorry I didn't update last night...things didn't go quite as planned but here's yesterday:

Diet 7:20 - oatmeal w/ whey
green tea
10:35: protein bar and water (post workout)
12:30: vegan chili w/ salsa and a very little cheese
cottage cheese w/ salsa (I like my salsa...makes dorm food decently good :)
broccoli
water
4:10: green tea w/ honey
protein bar
6:30: mexican rice
salad (lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, little cottage cheese, salsa again)
milk
9:30: green tea w/ honey

Workout
Strength Training
none

Cardio
-2 degrees outside and what did I decide to do? Go run...yes outside. I am estimating about 4 miles in 40-45 minutes (I had to make a stop at the bank) which puts me about at the pace I want to be. yay!

Notes: My right ankle started hurting fairly badly towards the end of my run; this is one I have a history of problems with so this was no surprise. Both knees were also stiff / sore post workout..the right one still won't quit b****ing but it will get over it. It felt just to get out and going..a sore knee or two won't stop me.

General
I still havn't been very hungry at all (yesterday or today) and I probably ruined yesterday's progress with the pretzels I ate before bed last night but they were about the only thing that sounded good at all. Today has been a little rougher because I have been on edge all day but that I know what has to happen to get better...patience and time and most importantly the love of my boyfriend and what is going to pull me through. I refuse to let any of that stop me though and I have been really good about not turning to sweets and binging...unless binging on green tea counts.

Today is an off day so I am looking forward to tomorrow and a good workout.

debussy: those deadlifts you asked about a while ago..they come tomorrow! whooo hooo

Please feel free to critique at will and let me know what you think!

Guido
01-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Good job there, Lady. You seem focused and your diet looks very wholesome. I don't think you'll have any trouble reaching your goals. Good luck! And here, have some...:spam:for some extra protein.

LadyLifter
01-19-2005, 01:28 PM
thanks Guido..that makes me feel really good about all of this. I'm still not always sure about my diet especially but I am getting better. My boyfriend eats with me a lot and he knows more about it than I do - always a help!

Thanks again!

getfit
01-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Good job there, Lady. You seem focused and your diet looks very wholesome. I don't think you'll have any trouble reaching your goals. Good luck! And here, have some...:spam:for some extra protein.
:nod: everything looking good girl just keep doing what your doing :)

LadyLifter
01-19-2005, 03:21 PM
thanks getfit! I feel very on track...any last minute pointers on deadlift before I hit them for the first time ever tomorrow? I'm going to go over my form again with my boyfriend before I do them but just wondering if anyone had anything they want to throw out there...

LadyLifter
01-20-2005, 03:48 PM
ok I'm going to post yesterday's diet seperate from today's post just to help keep things straight...

Diet 8:40: oatmeal w/ whey
green tea w/ honey
11:40: shake and honey roasted peanuts
2:30: protein bar
5:30: green veggie mix
turkey sandwich on whole wheat with a little lite cream cheese, lettuce and tomato
Workout
Strength Training
none

Cardio
none

Notes: off day!

General
This was another off day but I'm feeling much better today so that makes me feel good. I have been back on track with eating and had no major issues with the protein bar this afternoon. Now if my boyfriend will hurry up and get back from his day I can go eat dinner!

In terms of what I did eat the protein shake didn't feel so good and I know the peanuts weren't the best especially due to the off day but it was the only half-way decent thing that helped my stomach settle down at all. I havn't been sick sick but I have been very nervous lately. My right knee continued to hurt through the rest of yesterday but its not going to keep me down!

LadyLifter
01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
now for today's real post
...just kidding...time for dinner! I'll finish this later!

Diet
7:30: oatmeal w/ whey

10:30: chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomatoe
tomatos and cottage cheese
split pea soup

1:30: banana
diet cola (had to fight a sweet craving all day yesterday...this is what I gave into :mad:
protein bar

6:00: fish
salad (lettuce, spinach, cottage cheese, tomato)
skim milk

Workout
Strength Training
again this is Maki's workout for distance runners so everything this week is sets of 1*20. I also started with just the bar on two of the exercises because I need to work on form more than anything!

squats - bar (FORM!)
deads - bar (FIRST TIME EVER! - form)
seated calf raises - 90 lbs
standing calf raises - no machine so I held 2*30lbs.

Cardio
650 yards in the pool in sets of 2,4, or 8 lengths.

Notes: All of that felt so good, I feel like I might be able to do more on the deads and squat but like I said I want to nail my form so I don't hurt myself. My back was a little sore later in the day but overall I feel good.

General
My diet wasn't as good as I hoped but I don't think I ruined anything. The sweet craving is gone, I'm hungry again so I think I'm right on track.

Any critiques or comments?

PizDoff
01-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Keep pushing it!

LadyLifter
01-24-2005, 06:38 AM
This weekend was rough but here's yesterday's session....

Everything is 2*15 per Maki's plan..and I'll do abs today
bench - bar + 2.5 lbs (+5 lbs)
seated cable row - 70 lbs (+10 lbs)
lat pull downs - 80 lbs. (+10 lbs.)
barbell curl - bar+5 lbs
tricep press downs - 60 lbs.
db shoulder press - 15 lbs. (+2.5 lbs.)

Overall a good workout and good improvements. I also ran for 25 minutes at an easy pace. back to the regular deal today....(and by that I mean I'm going to switch around my lifting and do just abs today since yesterday was a compromise between missing some workout this weekend...that and another easy run)

getfit
01-24-2005, 08:56 AM
sessions are looking great there girl ! nice! :)

LadyLifter
01-24-2005, 02:48 PM
sessions are looking great there girl ! nice! :)

Thanks GF! :)

today's workout will be a late one...the gym's open late and calc is calling...it kicked me around pretty hard last night...time for paybacks..I promise I session for today is coming though!

Beast
01-30-2005, 11:19 PM
What's that thing about Notre Dame in your signature about?

getfit
01-31-2005, 02:29 AM
happy b-day girl! !yipeeeee! :)

LadyLifter
01-31-2005, 06:27 AM
sorry everyone I havn't updated in a bit...I'm going to revamp my workout so I don't burn out too fast for this half marathon...that's going to start today so keep your eyes peeled...

Beast The Notre Dame thing is about the half marathon I'm going to run in June. Its the Sunburst and is run in South Bend from in front of the College Football Hall of Fame to the 50 yard line of Notre Dame's stadium (a dangerous place for a Michigan Wolverine...especially one that's in the marching band).

LadyLifter
01-31-2005, 06:28 AM
GetFit Thank you! Just the smile I needed to start my day! I'm going to enjoy it ....right after I finish up my differential equations and the first exam of the semester :p

LadyLifter
02-05-2005, 04:40 PM
its been far too long...i got a little sick at one point a couple weeks ago and started getting frustrated. I kept working out and enjoyed being there but I came back and didn't feel it was good enough to post. However here are this past week's sessions and you will get tonite's as soon as I get back...Sorry I've been gone but I'm coming back

(by the way...the night I got sick I did my first race pace and ran 3 miles under pace...that felt GREAT)

still on the not very much lifting running plan
23 Jan all sets 2*15
bench - bar+5lbs
row - 70lbs.
pulldowns - 80 lbs.
barbell curl - bar + 5lbs
pressdowns - 60 lbs.
shoulder press - 15 lbs.

29 Jan all 2*15
bench - bar+5lbs - 2nd set only 12
pulldowns - 80 lbs.
barbell curl - bar + 5lbs
pressdowns - 60 lbs.
shoulder press - 15 lbs.
swiss ball crunches - 15lbs.
obliques - 15lbs.

new plan - I didn't want to burn out on my running too soon...the half marathon is 5 months away...training should only take 2 months...besides..I miss lifting too much!

31 Jan
Back and Bi's
deads :
warm up + 1*10 bar +5lbs
2*10 - bar +10 lbs.

rev. grip pull downs :
1*10 - 70 lbs.
2*10 - 80lbs.

bent over rows:
3*10 - 25lbs.

wide grip pull downs:
3*10 - 70 lbs.

curls and hammer
2*10 - 15 lbs.

2 Feb
Chest and tri's
bench:
warm up
1*10 - bar +5
1*10, 1*8 - bar+10 (PR!)

incline db press:
3*10 - 15 lbs

flat db press:
3*10 - 20lbs.

seated dips:
3*10 - 90lbs.

flies:
3*10 - 10lbs.

db extensions:
2*10 - 10lbs.

press downs:
2*10 - 70lbs.

off to the gym again for legs and shoulders...yay yay yay :strong:

AdmiralDan
02-05-2005, 04:46 PM
I kept working out and enjoyed being there but I came back and didn't feel it was good enough to post.

Don't worry how good or bad your workouts are. We all have our good days and our bad. The thing that matters is that after your bad days, you keep with it. Post it so that you can see how you progress over time. We won't judge you or ridicule you here just because you had a poor workout. Keep at it and I hope you have a good session today

LadyLifter
02-05-2005, 07:23 PM
AdmiralDan Thank you! I really appreciate it!

With that...here's tonite's workout:

Legs and Shoulders
Squats:
warm-up
1*10 - bar +5lbs.
2*10 - bar +10lbs. (PR!) :strong:

standing calf raises:
1*10 - 100 lbs.
2*10 - 120 lbs.

extensions:
2*10 - 80 lbs. *cut short due to severe left quad cramping post squats*

upright rows:
3*10 - 2-20lbs.

front and rear raises
3*10 - 2-5lbs.

Besides the cramping it felt good. I love squats so it felt good to PR there. I don't know what happened with the cramping. I may try warming up more next time and not stretching. We'll see how that goes!

getfit
02-05-2005, 10:06 PM
nice sessions going on there girl! :)

LadyLifter
02-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Getfit thanks!

I looked in the mirror last night and am seeing tone in my abs, more build in my arms and definition where i want it most: my shoulders and back. Granted I look nothing like gf here but I'm not going to bulk, more just for the feeling and having a good fit and toned look.

getfit
02-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Getfit thanks!

I looked in the mirror last night and am seeing tone in my abs, more build in my arms and definition where i want it most: my shoulders and back. Granted I look nothing like gf here but I'm not going to bulk, more just for the feeling and having a good fit and toned look.
:clap:

LadyLifter
02-06-2005, 10:33 AM
lol gf...my thoughts exactly

LadyLifter
02-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Today was great with a run to the gym and back that felt so good despite my sore quads (turns out my quads aren't as excited about my PR in squats as I am).

Back and bi's
deads:
warm-up
2*10 bar +10
1*10 bar + 15 (PR!!!!) :strong:

reverse grips pull downs:
3*10 80 lbs.

bentover rows (for real this time...last time i wrote bentover rows I meant DB's)
3*10 small bar +25

hammer and curls
2*10 15 lbs.

db rows
3*10 25 lbs.

wide grip pulldowns
3*10 70 lbs.

I'm trying to get through my sets quicker in hopes of keeping my motivation up and increasing my endurance. Can't say it enough...today felt great...can't wait for my long run tomorrow!

getfit
02-07-2005, 04:16 PM
that'a one great session there girl yipeeeeeeeee :)

Pup
02-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I bet you're glad its 40 for that run and not the minus 20 it was in this god forsaken state last week.

LadyLifter
02-07-2005, 06:36 PM
GetfitThanks girl! That means a lot! :D

Pup yeah it is nicer but I would still run :-)

LadyLifter
02-08-2005, 08:24 AM
awwwwwyeah...so today was just a run. In my 40 minutes I ran a nice, long loop. After running downtown I was just letting myself run and once I saw the Stadium scoreboard over some trees I knew where I was headed next. The Stadium stairs were too icy to run but it felt great to be there. I forgot how much fun it is to run after the rain jumping over or into puddles. Ok so I'm a dork and a runner at heart but its fun...really. :D

getfit
02-08-2005, 08:29 AM
awwwwwyeah...so today was just a run. In my 40 minutes I ran a nice, long loop. After running downtown I was just letting myself run and once I saw the Stadium scoreboard over some trees I knew where I was headed next. The Stadium stairs were too icy to run but it felt great to be there. I forgot how much fun it is to run after the rain jumping over or into puddles. Ok so I'm a dork and a runner at heart but its fun...really. :D
:D :clap: i'm gonna start running again i miss it!

Guido
02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
awwwwwyeah... I forgot how much fun it is to run after the rain jumping over or into puddles. Ok so I'm a dork and a runner at heart but its fun...really. :D
I know what you mean. I went for a long run Sunday and it was so nice outside. 50 degrees. I could smell spring coming, and just thinking about how soon it would be warm outside and all the trees and flowers would start coming out again made it quite enjoyable. Can't really think about those things most other times.

LadyLifter
02-08-2005, 10:24 AM
:D :clap: i'm gonna start running again i miss it!

g/f Enjoy it! Its a great way to spend sometime. Running is so relaxing and fun if you enjoy it!

I know what you mean. I went for a long run Sunday and it was so nice outside. 50 degrees. I could smell spring coming, and just thinking about how soon it would be warm outside and all the trees and flowers would start coming out again made it quite enjoyable. Can't really think about those things most other times.

Guido That's what my run was like on Friday...mmm yay running

Anyone else reading...GO RUN! :clap: :nod:

LadyLifter
02-09-2005, 02:05 PM
no session today...feeling rather sick to the point that it would be unhealthy to go to the gym. my head: :bash: due to calc, dynamics and all the work to go along with it...hopefully I'll be back full force tomorrow

getfit
02-09-2005, 02:21 PM
sorry you're feeling sick Lady i'm also on a break day feeling overly tired so time off just chillin' at home which i love to do:)

LadyLifter
02-09-2005, 04:36 PM
getfit thanks....hopefully massive amounts of green tea will help :)

LadyLifter
02-11-2005, 06:56 AM
so the green tea is helping but not nearly as much as I had hoped...I had to take yesterday off to and I think today will probably be an off day. Then I'm going to my parents' house for the weekend which means no gym but recovery time. I wish i could go lift but until I can breathe I don't think that would be a good idea...:(

getfit
02-11-2005, 08:47 AM
resting is good don't worry if you take a couple of days off, just get better :)

Chubrock
02-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Come on now Lady, ya can't stay sick on us. Gotta get ya some good meds in ya. Good luck with the sickness, and good luck with gettin back to those sessions.

LadyLifter
02-11-2005, 02:27 PM
getfit i'm hoping that strength shows up on Monday...thanks!

Chubrock lol I'm not trying to get sick! Thanks..no doubt I will be back!

LadyLifter
02-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Still not feeling 100% but d@mn I had a good workout yesterday...sorry I didn't post before but here it is:

Back and bi's
deads:
warm-up
2*10 bar +20 (PR....)
1*10 bar + 30 (PR AGAIN!!!) :strong:

3*10 80 lbs.

bentover rows (for real this time...last time i wrote bentover rows I meant DB's)
1*10 small bar +25
2*10 small bar +30 (+5 lbs.)

wide grip pulldowns
3*10 70 lbs.

db rows
3*10 25 lbs.

hammer and curls
3*10 15 lbs. (+1 set)

So yeah that felt great...diet is back on track after some steak and potatoes this weekend (mmmmmmmm) Its going to be a rough week in terms of school but my 25 minute (short) run this morning helped me find center again.

Thank you everyone for all of your encouragement...feel free as usual to chime in with any critiques :)

getfit
02-15-2005, 08:33 AM
that's one great session there Lady! you go girl wooohooooooo! :)

LadyLifter
02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
thanks g/f! That session felt great..I can't wait to hit the gym again tomorrow :D

confidence is starting to sky rocket...watch out everyone...here I come :D

Guido
02-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Nice worky workout there, Lady. BTW, whats wrong with steak and potatos? That's REAL food.

LadyLifter
02-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Guido Thanks! lol i know its real food...but its prolly not the best for trimming weight...especially a non-workout weekend with sickness...however the way to my heart is through steak...mmmmmmmm

LadyLifter
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Chest and tri's
bench:
warm up
2*10 and 1*6 (no spotter so I had to cut short) - bar +10

incline db press:
3*10 - 15 lbs

flat db press:
3*10 - 20lbs.

seated dips:
2*10 - 90lbs.

flies:
3*10 - 10lbs.

db extensions:
2*10 - 10lbs.

press downs:
2*10 - 70lbs.

Decent workout...nothing great but I was there and that's what matters :)

getfit
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
yes you were Lady! looks good too me! :)

LadyLifter
02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
thanks g/f :) always a source of encouragement

Guido
02-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Guido...however the way to my heart is through steak...mmmmmmmmYa know, they say that women who eat lots of meat are hornier than women who don't. That's awesome. Luckily, my wife loves a good steak :D (No offense, gf. I'm sure you do just fine.)

Guido
02-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah, nice chest/tri workout, by the way.

LadyLifter
02-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Ya know, they say that women who eat lots of meat are hornier than women who don't. That's awesome. Luckily, my wife loves a good steak :D (No offense, gf. I'm sure you do just fine.)

LOL ...I've never heard that one before - maybe I should check with my man...see what he thinks ;) j/k.

thanks...the workout was alright but I hope to make it better next time :D

LadyLifter
02-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Legs and Shoulders
seated calf raises:
3*10 - 90 lbs.

Squats:
warm-up
1*10 - bar +10lbs.
2*10 - bar +15lbs. (PR!) :strong:*second set here had not so great form..going to start doing a set or two of front squats before regular to really work on form*

prone leg curls:
1*10 - 80 lbs
1*10 - 85 lbs
1*10 - 90 lbs.

extensions:
3*10 - 80 lbs.

upright rows:
3*10 - 2-15lbs.

front and rear raises
3*10 - 2-7lbs.

That felt great. I ran for about 45 minutes yesterday and ended today's session with a game of basketball...with my boyfriend who never lets me win (so I lost...but its ok...I knew I would) Its all good....it was fun and my legs are worn out.

getfit
02-19-2005, 10:52 AM
you go girl on those squats yipeeeeeeee! :)

LadyLifter
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
thanks g/f :) It felt great to PR again! yay!!!!

LadyLifter
02-20-2005, 10:31 PM
45 minutes on the stair stepper and 236 calories gone...yeah yeah yeah :D

Guido
02-21-2005, 09:37 AM
You love those steps, don't you. 45 minutes is a LOT of steps.

ryuage
02-21-2005, 09:44 AM
45 minutes on the stair stepper and I feel like I burned 1000 calories

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
yeah I felt like I burned a lot more than that but that's what the machine said.

and yes Guido I do love those steps ...feel the burn!!

chops
02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
LOL ...I've never heard that one before - maybe I should check with my man...see what he thinks ;) j/k.

funny! my ex told me that his interest in me really peaked after watching me devour a 12oz prime rib on our 2nd date.

getfit
02-21-2005, 11:33 AM
45 minutes on the stair stepper and 236 calories gone...yeah yeah yeah :D
:clap: you cardio bunny you !!!!! ;)

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 04:43 PM
today's session:

Back and bi's
deads:
warm-up
1*10 bar + 30
1*10 bar + 40 (PR...)
1*10 bar + 50 (PR AGAIN BABY!) :strong:

3*10 80 lbs.

bentover rows
3*10 small bar +30

wide grip pulldowns
3*10 70 lbs.

hammer and concentration curls
2*10 15 lbs.

15 minutes on the stair stepper (yes I still love it Guido ;))

That felt great again...deads are boosting my confidence more than I ever thought possible. Oh and the machine must have been wrong yesterday because I burned 182 calories today. hmmm

getfit
02-21-2005, 04:44 PM
you go my ladylifter! damn girl! doing great!

getfit
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :bow:

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 04:47 PM
funny! my ex told me that his interest in me really peaked after watching me devour a 12oz prime rib on our 2nd date.

lol my man doesn't seem to mind that I like a good steak...he's even offered to grill some for my birthday next year....hmmm knowing that I wonder what he wants in return ;) haha j/k

:clap: you cardio bunny you !!!!! ;)

haha I don't know that I would call myself a cardio bunny but that's just compared to the soroity sisters that spend the time bouncing away on the treadmills and eplises and then reward themselves for going to the gym by eating more than they could have ever burned. Thanks none the less though...I know that's not what you had in mind...just my two cents :D

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 04:48 PM

:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :bow:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that felt great!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

SW
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Read this page, looking pretty good Lady. Those deads seem to drive you above all. Keep at it! :thumbup:

getfit
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
ha i call everyone a cardio bunny well the people who do cardio! :)you go girl !

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Read this page, looking pretty good Lady. Those deads seem to drive you above all. Keep at it! :thumbup:

this page?? which one? or am I really that blonde underneath it all??

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 04:54 PM
ha i call everyone a cardio bunny well the people who do cardio! :)you go girl !

lol ok...it doesn't mean anything bad coming from you though! :bow: ;)

SW
02-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Blondie ;) Teh other page......

LadyLifter
02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
ok so I've decided to switch my off day to Tuesday as opposed to Sunday based on the work load I normally have on Tuesday and the small amount of sleep I get Monday nights...stupid calculus...so that means today is an off day....back to planning on how to make calculus disappear...by doing my homework..yuck :study:

LadyLifter
02-23-2005, 05:38 PM
i switched today and tomorrow's sessions so tonite was a blissful run for about 25 minutes in the cold and snow out there

I love getting "I wish I could do that looks"; it reminds me that I really am a runner

ryuage
02-23-2005, 05:39 PM
running in the snow, thats hardcore :)

getfit
02-23-2005, 05:43 PM
running in the snow, thats hardcore :)
:withstupi i'm weak i don't even run in the snow! :cry:

SW
02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
I can't run on a track! :cry: But tomorrow, I will have to. Track coach likes to run ppl I hear.

LadyLifter
02-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I can't run on a track! :cry: But tomorrow, I will have to. Track coach likes to run ppl I hear.

lol ...go figure...track...run...NEVER! ;)

Ryu and G/F: It felt hardcore...you know you're getting cold when you run through the snow and the snow on the back of your legs just feels like sand blwoing against you...However I think you both are hardcore lifters...tell ya what..You guys be the hardcore lifters that enjoy running and I'll be the hardcore runner that (really) enjoys lifting. :D

LadyLifter
02-24-2005, 08:14 AM
It was great to hit the gym this morning..turns out there are like 4 people in the entire gym at 830 on a college campus...Since my boyfriend and I are leaving Saturday morning for Spring Break (and warmer weather :D :cool: )I wanted to make sure I got in all my workouts. Therefore I combined chest, tris and shoulders for today and will do legs tomorrow. We're going to visit a friend of mine and will be making dinner and such more than going out so diet wise next week should be pretty clean. Workout wise I'm going to make it a semi-off week. I have new running shoes to break in (YAY!) and I want to get a kick start to an ab workout I found in an old running magazine. I will continue the ab thing once we get back but I wanted to play around with it for a while and this next week should be a good time to test it out.

Chest and tri's
bench:
warm up
3*10 - bar +10 (+4 reps)

incline db press:
2*10 - 15 lbs
1*10 - 20 lbs (+5 lbs)

flies:
3*10 - 12.5 lbs. (+2.5 lbs.)

skull crushers (wanted to mix it up...read below...):
2*10 - 25lbs.
1*10 - 30 lbs

press downs:
2*10 - 70lbs.

seated dips:
2*10 - 90lbs.

shoulders
upright rows:
3*10 - 15 lbs.

front and rear raises:
3*10 - 7.5 lbs.

ok so with my skullcrushers and mixing it up; I don't feel like I'm making a lot of progress on my triceps lately and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations :help: any input or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ryuage
02-24-2005, 08:25 AM
great workout lady, I used to enjoy running, but as I get heavier and heavier it doesnt feel so nice on my body.

LadyLifter
02-24-2005, 08:37 AM
great workout lady, I used to enjoy running, but as I get heavier and heavier it doesnt feel so nice on my body.

thanks Ryu and yeah I can imagine the running might get a little harder on that account :)

getfit
02-24-2005, 09:14 AM
It was great to hit the gym this morning..turns out there are like 4 people in the entire gym at 830 on a college campus...Since my boyfriend and I are leaving Saturday morning for Spring Break (and warmer weather :D :cool: )I wanted to make sure I got in all my workouts. Therefore I combined chest, tris and shoulders for today and will do legs tomorrow. We're going to visit a friend of mine and will be making dinner and such more than going out so diet wise next week should be pretty clean. Workout wise I'm going to make it a semi-off week. I have new running shoes to break in

shoulders
upright rows:
3*10 - 15 lbs.

front and rear raises:
3*10 - 7.5 lbs.

ok so with my skullcrushers and mixing it up; I don't feel like I'm making a lot of progress on my triceps lately and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations :help: any input or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:clap: great session my lady! :)

LadyLifter
02-24-2005, 10:01 AM
:clap: great session my lady! :)

thanks g/f! :D

LadyLifter
03-07-2005, 04:48 PM
So Spring Break was a good time..I did NOTHING...yeah all that running and abs I was gonna do..HA. Lots of ice cream and a couple runs later I couldn't wait to hit the gym this week. So here's a great restart for ya'll.

Back and Bis
Back and bi's
deads:
warm-up
3*10 bar +50 lbs (most reps I have gotten out of that weight...whooo hoo!) :strong: going for another PR on this next week!

3*10 80 lbs.

bentover rows
1*10 25 lb. dbs (too many people...too few bars..too little time)
2*10 small bar +30

2*10 15 lbs.

wide grip pulldowns
3*10 70 lbs.

15 minutes on the stair stepper

Deads still motivating me ;-) so all of that felt great...Everyone and their brother must have gotten remotivated by Spring Break because the gym was PACKED...all the frat boys got to florida and realized they're not the hunks they thought they were...so they're all in my gym again...:offtopic: but I do need to put out one thing...I don't care how much bigger than me one of them might be - I am going to take on the next guy that leaves his plates, barbell, or dumbbells lying in the middle of the weight room. You couldn't take a single step in the weight room without stepping over something. grrrrr...ok i feel much better now. Off to the homework...so glad to be back to the gym...still hate the homework part of school.

SW
03-07-2005, 05:02 PM

*shares your pain* Amen dude.

getfit
03-08-2005, 02:50 AM
nice session there lady! well i'm back from my trip but sick as can be! running a temperature of 39 so gonna take an extra 2 days off, get back to work on thursday and the gym :)

LadyLifter
03-08-2005, 05:17 AM
nice session there lady! well i'm back from my trip but sick as can be! running a temperature of 39 so gonna take an extra 2 days off, get back to work on thursday and the gym :)

thank you! Hope you feel better soon! We need to see some g/f power here ;)

LadyLifter
03-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Sore as all get out (those deads are coming back for me) but overall feeling great. I went for a run (I know I said Tuesdays will be off days but I changed my mind) and those 20 minutes felt kinda sore. Oh well. I got out and did it...plus got a reminder that I am no longer in Georgia and 1 degree (F) is pretty d@mn cold. brrrrr It was a tough run probably due to a lack of lots of exercise last week but its all good..gotta start somewhere :D

LadyLifter
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
the terrible horrible no good very bad (workout) day....

chest and tris (kinda)
bench: warm up
2*10, 1*7 bar +10 lbs

flies: 3*10 12.5 lbs

db incline: 2*10 20 lbs.
1*6 20 lbs.

skull crushers: 2*10 25 lbs

press downs 3*10 70 lbs

seated dips 1*8 90 lbs

stair stepper 10 mins 90 cals

after db and skulls I was shaking and my back hurt like none other...I think the deads the other day did me in. Throughout the day my back would get tense if I stood too long and would nearly collapse (I had to catch myself once). I thought the run and workout would help warm and loosen it up but it didn't so I ended up cutting the workout short (as you can see) and giving up for the day. I'm still shaking and feel terrible. I don't know what's getting to me and I'm afraid to drink some green tea for fear of getting more shaky and worked up. ...trying to breathe...

Built
03-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey, another chick who lifts.

:)

There ARE a few of us, hey?

What kind of 'gear are you studying to be?

LadyLifter
03-10-2005, 06:19 AM
mechanical...yeah i love being the one girl in the weight room up here...getting the "what's she doing here" look and then holding my own :D

getfit
03-10-2005, 08:33 AM
lady's and lifting! you bet all the way ;)

LadyLifter
03-10-2005, 08:35 AM
lady's and lifting! you bet all the way ;)

:D :nod:

Focused70
03-10-2005, 08:46 AM
*jingles into journal*

:hello: to Ladylifter

Nice journal so far.

*jingles out*

Stash

ryuage
03-10-2005, 09:13 AM
wait we have ladies on this board... no way! :D

LadyLifter
03-10-2005, 10:05 AM
*jingles into journal*

:hello: to Ladylifter

Nice journal so far.

*jingles out*

Stash

thank you and stop by anytime Stash!

wait we have ladies on this board... no way! :D
yeah we do....:D

Guido
03-10-2005, 01:17 PM
mechanical...yeah i love being the one girl in the weight room up here...getting the "what's she doing here" look and then holding my own :DI'm sure lynnlynn gets the same thing when she's with me.

I know what you mean about all the overcrowding after spring break. I want to kill people that leave their crap all over the place. Alas, U of I hasn't had their spring break yet so right now now they're all clamoring to get fit before it. I can't wait till they're gone so I can lift in peace again :nod:

LadyLifter
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
...I want to kill people that leave their crap all over the place. Alas, U of I hasn't had their spring break yet so right now now they're all clamoring to get fit before it. I can't wait till they're gone so I can lift in peace again :nod:

Amen to that...i want to smack some of those guys that can't seem to put stuff away...AHHHH..oh and guys that think they are the sh!t that have the worst form I have ever seen...gah!

LadyLifter
03-11-2005, 03:29 PM
so i took yesterday off due to my back and its still sore but today needed to be an off day anyway (had to get ready for Military Ball so I switched off days). Hopefully I will be back tomorrow but we'll see. If it hurts I will cut out the squats and try it from there. *crosses fingers* I just wanna be back! :P

LadyLifter
03-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Legs and Shoulders
seated calf raises:
3*10 - 90 lbs.

*didn't do squats today - back still feels stiff so I wanted to give it a little extra rest..look for the leg press to try and compensate

prone leg curls:
3*10 - 90 lbs.

extensions:
1*10 - 80 lbs.
1*10 - 90 lbs (+5 lbs)
1*10 - 100 lbs (+10 lbs)

*this jump may have been due to the lack of squats but I also noticed that it didn't hurt as much - normally, due to a leg condition I have, this feels like the muscle is twisted awkwardly around my leg during each set - and I didn't have that this time!*

upright rows:
3*10 - 2-15lbs.

front and rear raises
3*10 - 2-8lbs.

Overall this felt pretty good. The days off have helped my back even though it is still sore. In terms of weight I am lower than I was before break - YAY! - and my lifting - not counting my back - seems better too. I had a great time at Military Ball last night and even got my man to dance with me :D.

ryuage
03-12-2005, 10:39 AM
great session lady :thumbup:

getfit
03-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Legs and Shoulders
seated calf raises:
3*10 - 90 lbs.

*didn't do squats today - back still feels stiff so I wanted to give it a little extra rest..look for the leg press to try and compensate

prone leg curls:
3*10 - 90 lbs.

extensions:
1*10 - 80 lbs.
1*10 - 90 lbs (+5 lbs)
1*10 - 100 lbs (+10 lbs)

*this jump may have been due to the lack of squats but I also noticed that it didn't hurt as much - normally, due to a leg condition I have, this feels like the muscle is twisted awkwardly around my leg during each set - and I didn't have that this time!*

upright rows:
3*10 - 2-15lbs.

front and rear raises
3*10 - 2-8lbs.

Overall this felt pretty good. The days off have helped my back even though it is still sore. In terms of weight I am lower than I was before break - YAY! - and my lifting - not counting my back - seems better too. I had a great time at Military Ball last night and even got my man to dance with me :D.

:strong: :hello: great session my lady! :)

LadyLifter
03-12-2005, 02:50 PM
thank you both. I am going to start trying more reps on my calf raises - maybe 15 and see how that goes. Other than that it felt fairly good - not the hardest workout I've ever done but good none the less :D

LadyLifter
03-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Back and Bis
deads:
didn't do...still recovering from last week :cry: read more below

3*10 70 lbs. (-10 lbs)

bentover rows
2*10 bar +30 lbs.

2*10 15 lbs.

wide grip pulldowns
3*10 70 lbs.

Still recovering from the impressiveness of last week hence not working out yesterday...disappointing but I don't like sharp pains in my back so I gotta deal with a lighter load this week. My back is still stiff and nothing seems to help...heating pad, stretching, dead hang, laying down....if I stand up for too long it seems to spasm more and I have to hold myself up using a table or something...not cool :(

On a better note I was able to hit the gym and even though I had to cut some things short or lighter I was there....I may modify tomorrow's workout but we'll see how it feels once I'm there...
...just trying to get through the next two weeks...

getfit
03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
REST UP THAT BACK GIRL! oooooooooo how i know those back pains feel! take it easy and rest it up! session still looking good to me darlin' :)

LadyLifter
03-15-2005, 03:51 PM
REST UP THAT BACK GIRL! oooooooooo how i know those back pains feel! take it easy and rest it up! session still looking good to me darlin' :)

thanks g/f...today's session felt good...if it feels worse tomorrow I will only do concentrated exercises where my back is supported and leave out the big three...

I need to start half marathon training!!! I got my registration email so I will be back on that crazy weird routine again soon...just want to get one more set of big three in before I do that...maybe I'll get my man to spot and I'll max out the three before I switch training modes..hmmm yeah!

SW
03-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Looks like you've been doing well. Good job to ya! :thumbup: Wish I could run a marathon. ****, I can't even think of one without getting tired and need a gatorade break. :D

LadyLifter
03-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Looks like you've been doing well. Good job to ya! :thumbup: Wish I could run a marathon. ****, I can't even think of one without getting tired and need a gatorade break. :D

well its only half a marathon so I guess it will only be half as bad ;)

LadyLifter
03-16-2005, 11:26 PM
its been a long day...we'll see if I get up tomorrow morning or afternoon...until then here is today's workout..I modified some things in favor of my back but other than that I did alright...

Chest and tri's
bench:
warm up
3*10 - bar +10

flies:
3*10 - 12.5 lbs.

incline db press:
3*10 20 lbs. (+4 reps)

skull crushers
2*10 - 25lbs.

press downs:
2*10 - 70lbs.

seated dips:
3*10 - 70lbs.

bike 20 min/104 cals

My back is still pretty tight so I opted for a little lighter cardio on the bike...can't wait to really get back into cardio but I need my back to heal before I start race training...I've got just under two weeks to prep and until then I'm just trying to heal and get some last hard core - lifting focused weeks in. i'm really excited about trying to max out for the first time but obviously I don't want to hurt myself doing it...we'll see what happens!

getfit
03-17-2005, 01:57 AM
rest up that back! btwn session looking good! :)

LadyLifter
03-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Today was a little rough but I did what I could...

Legs (no shoulders...read on)

seated calf raises: 3*10 90 lbs (forgot to bump up reps til now...oops :()

prone leg curl:
2*10 - 90 lbs
1*10 - 100 lbs

leg press:
3*10 210 lbs.

leg extension:
2*10 105 lbs. (+5 lbs)
1*10 110 lbs (+10 lbs) :strong:

I tried for squats (bar only - just to get back into it) and those HURT and then I tried doing raises and stuff but everything seemed to aggrivate my back and then my shoulder...I'm kind of upset with myself because after two weeks now I haven't been able to get back out of hurting...I'm switching to the half marathon plan in April but I want to finish strong here....:-(

AdmiralDan
03-19-2005, 11:42 AM
don't worry ladylifter. we all have some hard times. as long as you push through them and are still training when they are all said and done, then you have succeeded. good luck and mabye take a little rest

LadyLifter
03-19-2005, 12:19 PM
don't worry ladylifter. we all have some hard times. as long as you push through them and are still training when they are all said and done, then you have succeeded. good luck and mabye take a little rest

Thank you Admiral...I might take a bit of a break here...I just don't want to lose focus

getfit
03-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Today was a little rough but I did what I could...

Legs (no shoulders...read on)

seated calf raises: 3*10 90 lbs (forgot to bump up reps til now...oops :()

prone leg curl:
2*10 - 90 lbs
1*10 - 100 lbs

leg press:
3*10 210 lbs.

leg extension:
2*10 105 lbs. (+5 lbs)
1*10 110 lbs (+10 lbs) :strong:

I tried for squats (bar only - just to get back into it) and those HURT and then I tried doing raises and stuff but everything seemed to aggrivate my back and then my shoulder...I'm kind of upset with myself because after two weeks now I haven't been able to get back out of hurting...I'm switching to the half marathon plan in April but I want to finish strong here....:-(

:hello: looks good too me just take it easy with your back hun! :)

LadyLifter
03-19-2005, 12:57 PM
:hello: looks good too me just take it easy with your back hun! :)

thanks g/f...the back is really tight and I need the break..school has been stressing me a bit (ok a lot) too so I don't think that's helping at all...I just wanna get back in the swing of things but I think I can do it...I have to...its just what I gotta do...what would I be now without lifting?

LadyLifter
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
today:
15 minute run

I needed a short cardio session to get out but my back still hurts so I had to cut the lifting today

(per getfit's orders
REST UP THAT BACK GIRL!
)

Its going to be a long week and not being able to lift is frustrating me but that's ok. I have a long term goal to shot for and I don't want to kill that and my back...ok time to crack down for the week....

getfit
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
today:
15 minute run

I needed a short cardio session to get out but my back still hurts so I had to cut the lifting today

(per getfit's orders
)

Its going to be a long week and not being able to lift is frustrating me but that's ok. I have a long term goal to shot for and I don't want to kill that and my back...ok time to crack down for the week....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :thumbup:

LadyLifter
03-21-2005, 04:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :thumbup:

see I do listen ;)

AdmiralDan
03-21-2005, 06:18 PM
its a good idea to listen. don't worry. a week won't kill you anyway. focus on your school crap and then start fresh next week

LadyLifter
03-21-2005, 07:58 PM
thanks Admiral...this week is just the week to relax a little too. We'll see what happens...

SW
03-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Good thing to relax...I might try it someyear..... so ya don't be burnin' yourself out. Listen to gf, she knows.

LadyLifter
03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Good thing to relax...I might try it someyear..... so ya don't be burnin' yourself out. Listen to gf, she knows.

so i'm learning...still trying to figure out what this relax thing means...

ryuage
03-23-2005, 02:56 PM
relaxing, whats that?

LadyLifter
03-23-2005, 06:56 PM
i have no idea but I think I did some of that yesterday...today however I hit the bike...20 minutes and 136.5 cals later I wanted to hit the weight room :cry: still avoiding more pain but I want to get back in it!!!!!

getfit
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
your back still hurting?

LadyLifter
03-23-2005, 10:13 PM
your back still hurting?
yeah it is...not cool...getting ready to study calc...accomponied by my heating pad :\

ryuage
03-24-2005, 05:44 AM
my relaxing is the few hours of sleep i get at night :thumbup:

LadyLifter
03-24-2005, 08:00 AM
sometimes even that doesn't do it :(

getfit
03-24-2005, 08:08 AM
my relaxing is the few hours of sleep i get at night :thumbup:
:withstupi

LadyLifter
03-26-2005, 07:45 AM
well my 45 hour exam marathon is over so hopefully I will be able to relax a little and help my back....relaxing over...I ran yesterday for 15 minutes and swam today for another 15. I really wanted to run longer but I'm holding myself back for fear of hurting myself more. Training for the half begins April 4th (official date! :D) so I need to be back to par by then. I'm also going to try and relax more as I have a lot on my plate for the next couple weeks. However my boyfriend has diagnosed me as a "stress addict" so we'll see how well this thing you all call "relaxing" works. :p

SW
03-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Sometimes ya just gotta stop and look around ya. Take a deep breath, and keep going. Looks like you've been pretty busy too. This half marathon sounds really important to you, so you'd better lay off for a while so you can train at 100%.

getfit
03-26-2005, 12:35 PM
well my 45 hour exam marathon is over so hopefully I will be able to relax a little and help my back....relaxing over...I ran yesterday for 15 minutes and swam today for another 15. I really wanted to run longer but I'm holding myself back for fear of hurting myself more. Training for the half begins April 4th (official date! :D) so I need to be back to par by then. I'm also going to try and relax more as I have a lot on my plate for the next couple weeks. However my boyfriend has diagnosed me as a "stress addict" so we'll see how well this thing you all call "relaxing" works. :p
:hello: :clap:

LadyLifter
03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
still sidelined..I'm sitting here with a heating pad on my back and waiting for my toe to feel better....I don't know what I did there but it hurts to walk..I walked anyway...right to a bike in the gym and rode it for 20 minutes and 119 calories...I wanna hit the weights but i gotta stay focused...*Monday* is the day! oh and I am officially signed up for the half marathon!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO :D

*edit: start training Monday not Friday*

getfit
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
still sidelined..I'm sitting here with a heating pad on my back and waiting for my toe to feel better....I don't know what I did there but it hurts to walk..I walked anyway...right to a bike in the gym and rode it for 20 minutes and 119 calories...I wanna hit the weights but i gotta stay focused...Friday is the day! oh and I am officially signed up for the half marathon!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO :D
:clap: :clap: for the half marathon sweetie! hope you'll be feeling better soon :)

LadyLifter
03-28-2005, 05:53 PM
:clap: :clap: for the half marathon sweetie! hope you'll be feeling better soon :)

thanks g/f...that's the goal :)

LadyLifter
03-29-2005, 05:21 AM
my back is feeling much better but not completely better..I think i might hit Wednesday and see how it goes..I don't think maxing out will be safe considering I havn't lifted in two weeks..:-\...I will still be lifting while on the half marathon plan...

I would like some input...b/c of my back i havn't been lifting..just cardio...the training plan I am starting next monday incorporates a upper body / lower body split based on lower weight high reps. My back is feeling much better but not completely. Should I start on my regular plan (lighter weight) now for the last two sessions i would get? Or should I just keep with cardio and start the training plan on Monday? any help is appreciated :) Thanks!

Guido
03-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Half marathon? Nice. That's more than I've ever done and I think I'll keep it that way for now since I know I'm in terrible running shape!

getfit
03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
lady if you gonna start up doing back since you're feeling better, take it light and see how it feels.
start of nice and slow!:)

LadyLifter
03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
lady if you gonna start up doing back since you're feeling better, take it light and see how it feels.
start of nice and slow!:)

that's the plan...should I start that now with the rest of my program or finish off the week with no weight and then start light with the marathon training next week? Just trying to figure out if it seems more beneficial to wait and start fresh or finish up the lifting focused regimen...

LadyLifter
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Half marathon? Nice. That's more than I've ever done and I think I'll keep it that way for now since I know I'm in terrible running shape!

Thanks...I've run one before so I'm up for the challenge...plus my boyfriend will be there cheering me on (running with me? he!! no...but he'll cheer if he can be there) and I have a time to beat.

getfit
03-31-2005, 05:46 AM
how you feeling? :)

LadyLifter
03-31-2005, 07:49 AM
how you feeling? :)

I'm feeling a lot better ..thanks!

I actually ran like 35 minutes today and that included running a quarter of the steps in the biggest college football stadium...that's right..The Big House

the picture shows pretty much the section I ran today...and it felt GREAT...my legs are shaking but I think that's because I got too excited about running today and took off at the start :bash: stupid me but its all good...the back is still a little stiff and my toe hurts when I'm not wearing a good pair of shoes but other than that I feel GREAT

LadyLifter
03-31-2005, 07:51 AM
by the way can someone tell me how to insert pictures so they show up instead of being an attachment?

LadyLifter
04-02-2005, 09:03 AM
ok so I decided to start running a little early...I was in a cranky mood this morning when I woke up and my boyfriend has challenged me to a 5K in a couple weeks...for the record I am currently in no way ready to be competitive in a 5K ...we'll see how that works in a couple weeks. I ran a gauging workout today that was just to test where I am and what feels good.

warm up (3 laps)
1 mile @ 10 minute mile pace
1 mile @ 9 minute mile pace
1/2 mile @ 8 minute mile pace.

I felt like I could run the 10 minute pace forever which is great because if I were to run the half right now at that pace (which i could be close to) I would run it in 2:10....8 minutes faster than last time. The 9 minute was pretty good too...not a "forever" pace but that's my goal for the half. The 8 minute pace (which I used to run 5K's) was a push but I could have kept running so that's good news too. My boyfriend and I are going to run tomorrow but I will probably make it an easier run so I don't kill myself before Monday's hardcore start to the 2 month count down...

getfit
04-02-2005, 11:01 AM
good luck with everything hun i know you'll do well! :)

LadyLifter
04-02-2005, 12:42 PM
good luck with everything hun i know you'll do well! :)

thank you! can't wait to start bein' competitive again...whooo hoooooo

ryuage
04-03-2005, 11:45 AM
i think just put pic

SW
04-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow..... you run more in one day than I do in 1 month lol. No exaggeration either. I really feel that test was a good thing for you. Sounds like ya got more runnin' prowess than you thought. Ace.

LadyLifter
04-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Ryu: Thanks...but does that mean any picture has to be on the web already? I tried it with a website and it didn't pull up the picture :(

Wow..... you run more in one day than I do in 1 month lol. No exaggeration either. I really feel that test was a good thing for you. Sounds like ya got more runnin' prowess than you thought. Ace.

SW: Thanks...I am soooo looking forward to getting this going...let the training begin TONITE!! whooo hooo

getfit
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
good luck hun! :D

Guido
04-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Good stuff, Lady. 10 minutes is a good pace to shoot for for a half marathon. 2:10 would be a very respectable time. I myself am training for a race now. The Twin-City Twosome. It's like a relay where they add up each person's time for a team total at the end, where one person runs a 5k, and then they hand off to their partner. Lot's of fun, especially since they all different categories of teams (husband/wife, father/son, mother/daughter, etc.).

Last year I somehow managed to get a repectable time even though my partner had an upset stomach and I was having foot cramps.

Whatever you do, don't get new shoes anytime near your race. The break in willl kill your feet!

LadyLifter
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
good luck hun! :D

Thank you! I need all the luck I can get!

Good stuff, Lady. 10 minutes is a good pace to shoot for for a half marathon. 2:10 would be a very respectable time. I myself am training for a race now. The Twin-City Twosome. It's like a relay where they add up each person's time for a team total at the end, where one person runs a 5k, and then they hand off to their partner. Lot's of fun, especially since they all different categories of teams (husband/wife, father/son, mother/daughter, etc.).

Last year I somehow managed to get a repectable time even though my partner had an upset stomach and I was having foot cramps.

Whatever you do, don't get new shoes anytime near your race. The break in willl kill your feet!

I'm kind of shooting for 9 b/c I ran one last year and hit 2:18 with 10 something miles...and no training..I figure if I train and I'm already in better shape I can nail this. Good luck with the Twin City race..that sounds like a lot of fun. (if only I could get my boyfriend to run :p) I got my new shoes a little while ago so I've started breaking them in already...this race is MINE!

SW
04-04-2005, 03:23 PM
You sound ready. Good luck.

LadyLifter
04-04-2005, 08:14 PM
The training for this program is fairly simple but is going to kick my @$$ this first week or so here...2 full body workouts a week plus 4 days of running. Here goes nothing!

Lifting:
-all light weight today
- 2*15 unless otherwise noted
squats: bar
sldl: bar
bench: bar
cable rows: 70 lbs
overhead press: 15 lbs
dips: 90 lbs
db curls: 12.5 lbs
ab machine: 80 lbs

Cardio
10 min. stair stepper (was going to do 15 but my hamstring felt tight...very tight...after sldl's...yuck)

It felt so good to get this going..I am so remotivated and ready to kill this half marathon...YAY! :strong:

LadyLifter
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
You sound ready. Good luck.

thanks SW - I need all the luck I can get! I am feeling ready though!

getfit
04-05-2005, 02:31 AM
i wish you the best of luck sweetie! i'll cheer for you! :)

LadyLifter
04-05-2005, 05:42 AM
i wish you the best of luck sweetie! i'll cheer for you! :)

thank you hun! I will post a picture of me at the finish or after the race (whatever my mom or boyfriend get) and maybe even me with my medal ...once I run the race ;)...I am soooo excited :D (have I mentioned that yet?)

getfit
04-05-2005, 08:06 AM
looking forward to seeing the pic! awwwwww i'm sure you'll get it yipeeeee! :)

LadyLifter
04-05-2005, 08:18 AM
looking forward to seeing the pic! awwwwww i'm sure you'll get it yipeeeee! :)

I'll be excited to put it up just because that means I finished! lol...oh and the medal isn't a big deal...half marathons (sometimes) and marathons (most all the time) give finisher's metals...just as proof ;)

LadyLifter
04-05-2005, 05:32 PM
today wasn't that much fun...haha just kidding...it was great...the weather is B-E-A-UUUUtiful out there and I ran for about 30 minutes (29'37" to be exact) at a decent but not fast pace. I am very sore because of yesterday's workout so I know my running form was off but it felt great none the less :D

getfit
04-05-2005, 05:47 PM
you just run hun and get that medal you deserve and 5'10 you are holy**** tall is great isn't it :D

LadyLifter
04-05-2005, 06:01 PM
you just run hun and get that medal you deserve and 5'10 you are holy**** tall is great isn't it :D

its fun...cept I'm the same height as my boyfriend which makes tall shoes a pain and I can't find pants that are long enough :p

thanks as always chica!

LadyLifter
04-06-2005, 03:38 PM
ok so I havn't run this workout since the second to last week of cross country my senior year but since I want to do this hardcore I have to put in the most hardcore workout I know for the running part of this. Quarter days were always done on Wednesdays and ironically that's where they ended up again. Quarters are a workout running quarter mile intervals at race pace. This is hard because doing such a short distance means you have to keep a tighter pace the whole way. Since I am shooting for 9 minute miles I am aiming for 2:15 quarters.

The workout: each quarter is followed by 30 seconds rest, each mile's worth is followed by a minute and the last quarter is a burn or you run another mile with the last being a burn - continue until your last quarter is the fastest you've run all day. I did 3 miles worth today and will increase that by a mile each time out.

2'04"
2'15"
2'09"
2'11"

2'11"
2'07"
2'09"
2'06"

2'07"
2'08"
2'08"
1'54" -awesome burn! If I may say so myself

average time: 2'07" which would put me at 1:51:17
Needless to say that felt great and I really feel like I can do this ...awwww yeah! :D

getfit
04-06-2005, 03:43 PM
hail to lady!*bows* you go girl! i wish i can be there to see you run :(

LadyLifter
04-07-2005, 06:06 PM
hail to lady!*bows* you go girl! i wish i can be there to see you run :(

thank you chica! We'll see how the next couple weeks go though...lol I enjoy the praises for now though! If you're going to be in the South Bend area at the beginning of June feel free to stop by for the race ...however since I doubt that possibility I will keep your encouragement in my thoughts! :D

getfit
04-07-2005, 06:16 PM
i'm always near your journal darlin' you'll be the best i'm sure and thanks for the props sweetie!

LadyLifter
04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
i'm always near your journal darlin' you'll be the best i'm sure and thanks for the props sweetie!
:D :D :D

Guido
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Less than 2 months to go! Keep building and you'll have no problem keeping your race pace, maybe you'll even get sub-9:00 per mile pace.

LadyLifter
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
ok so full body workout number two was today ...here goes nothing

*still going lightweight to get used to this*

Lifting
-all are 2*15 unless otherwise mentioned

deads: bar +20lbs
front squats: bar 2*10 -downfall of today's session-
incline db's: 15's
db rows: 20 lbs.
rev grip pulldowns: 60 lbs.
front rear and side raises: 5 lbs.
close grip bench: bar -just as everything started to click again this happened-
barbell curl: small bar +5 lbs
crunches: + 10 lbs 2*failure

Front squats were really tough...I was really looking forward to lifting because today has been rough and I needed to convince myself I could do something right (for the record it took a couple times to spell "right" correctly just now...yeah what a day). My deadlifts seemed great and connected and I was looking forward to starting a different form for squats. My boyfriend has worked with me on my form and the guy in the cage next to me was doing them so I took a peek before I started working on my second set. Turns out I was doing them right but everything still felt shakey and off. I was able to shake that off with my next sets but then came the close grip bench which felt off again too. I finished the workout but it didn't feel great....better luck next time :-\

getfit
04-08-2005, 04:24 PM
hun sometimes we just have those days! things will get back on track in no time still looks good too me! wish i was closer so i can train with you :D

SW
04-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey, this is a cool workout you've got goin' here. Your endurance should get a boost, and more calories will go bye-bye. Keep with it and win!

LadyLifter
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
hun sometimes we just have those days! things will get back on track in no time still looks good too me! wish i was closer so i can train with you :D

thanks g/f...today was rough all over but I know its all things time and patience will heal. Thanks as always for the encouragement! I wish I could train with you too :D talk about a blast...we'll be able to tear it all up ...you dominate the gym and I'll dominate the track :angel:

LadyLifter
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey, this is a cool workout you've got goin' here. Your endurance should get a boost, and more calories will go bye-bye. Keep with it and win!

thanks! My boyfriend put it together for me so he deserves the props for that :D It feels good to accomplish what seems to be so much progress in a short amount of time...if nothing else I will THINK I am that much better and that is 90% of the game right there

getfit
04-08-2005, 04:28 PM
yes you will for sure we can always try rollerblading i'm pretty good never know i might pop up and see you one day i have the summer off so......................... :)

LadyLifter
04-08-2005, 04:31 PM
yes you will for sure we can always try rollerblading i'm pretty good never know i might pop up and see you one day i have the summer off so......................... :)

lol you get to dominate the rollerblading too...turns out I tend to pick fights with sidewalks when I blade and many times the sidewalk wins (ask my boyfriend) I'll be a lil farther away in the summer but that would be a blast! :D Just lemme know!

getfit
04-08-2005, 04:33 PM
or you and your bf can always come visit me here i have a huge house plenty of room :)

LadyLifter
04-08-2005, 04:35 PM
or you and your bf can always come visit me here i have a huge house plenty of room :)

another good idea :D If all else fails he and I were talking about going to the Arnold next year if it falls on Spring Break again....maybe we can work something around then? *giddy at the idea of a mini-WBB meet*

LadyLifter
04-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Less than 2 months to go! Keep building and you'll have no problem keeping your race pace, maybe you'll even get sub-9:00 per mile pace.

SORRY GUIDO! I honestly thought I wrote back but in looking through my journal I realized I hadn't! Thank you for the encouragement! I would be wonderful to get sub-9 in less than 2 months (wow you make that sound awfully soon! :p) We'll see how long I can hold a 9 minute pace tomorrow! :) until then....

LadyLifter
04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
ok so today I hit the gym (late for a Saturday but its all good) with the goal of running 3 miles at my 9 minute pace....I ran my warm up and went to get some water and get ready to go. I got a little scared when my knee flared up a little bit - that's one you'll probably hear a lot - so I did some of the little things that I learned in physical therapy a couple years ago. It felt good as I started and forgot out it as I clocked the three miles in 24:58!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I CAN DO THIS!!!! awwwwwwwyeah

getfit
04-09-2005, 07:51 PM
ok so today I hit the gym (late for a Saturday but its all good) with the goal of running 3 miles at my 9 minute pace....I ran my warm up and went to get some water and get ready to go. I got a little scared when my knee flared up a little bit - that's one you'll probably hear a lot - so I did some of the little things that I learned in physical therapy a couple years ago. It felt good as I started and forgot out it as I clocked the three miles in 24:58!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I CAN DO THIS!!!! awwwwwwwyeah
:clap: :clap:

LadyLifter
04-10-2005, 08:40 AM
:clap: :clap:

thank you hun...I'm still way excited about that run! :D

SW
04-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah LadyLifter! This is gonna be a sweat halfy for ya when you get it ran. You may have mentioned it before, but what did you do to your knee that made you worry about it?

LadyLifter
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah LadyLifter! This is gonna be a sweat halfy for ya when you get it ran. You may have mentioned it before, but what did you do to your knee that made you worry about it?

Thanks SW...I don't think I have mentioned it before so here it goes...
I have a condition that starts at my feet and affects everything from there up to my hips. My arches are a little low and being a girl my hips are a little wider. I still look slim so its not that extreme..its more that girls aren't built to run because once they mature their ankles, knees and hips don't structurally line up. (kind of funny when you think about the best extreme distance runners are female but that's another story) Because of this my IT bands are too short which pulls my knees in weird directions. I also spend two months in PT re-learning how to walk, run, sit...and reteach my muscles because each of the muscles in my quads were firing at different times. All of this causes my knee to rub along a track where it wasn't meant to and it causes a bit of a burning pain. This same thing will cause my hips to burn a lot because that short tendon will pop over a gland in my hip instead of glide over it and make that area burn too....So yeah sorry for the long and possibly :boring: explaination but I figured I might as well put all the details in one hit instead of explaining question by question (which I will still do should they come up)

Ok I need to run...or something...yeah...I'll let you know once I do it :)

LadyLifter
04-10-2005, 10:31 PM
today's easy run became a 10 minute or so jog and a long walk with a friend...it felt good just to get out and moving at a good pace but still be able to relax a little...time to SLEEP!

getfit
04-11-2005, 02:00 AM
today's easy run became a 10 minute or so jog and a long walk with a friend...it felt good just to get out and moving at a good pace but still be able to relax a little...time to SLEEP!
:hello:

LadyLifter
04-11-2005, 06:20 AM
:hello:

good morning :hello: what a great way to start the day :D

LadyLifter
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
yay for lifting...it was a good day overall and the lifting just continued that

Lifting:
- 2*15 unless otherwise noted

squats: bar +5
sldl: bar +5
db curls: 12.5 lbs
overhead press: 15 lbs
bench: bar
dips: 90 lbs
cable rows: 70 lbs
ab machine: 80 lbs

things were in a different order mainly because I wanted to do a super high intesity workout. Some things felt harders because I pushed as quick as I could from one workout to another. I still had some recovery time in there but not as much. Before any one harps on my too bad for that...that was one of the things in Maki's distance runner training plans...There are supposed to be shorter times between reps to work on endurance and pushing of the muscle being worked. It felt great to do that today and I know I can say that I could not have left one more ounce of effort in the gym today. I am going to try focusing on just lifting or just cardio on a day to keep the intesity that high - I think it will be good for me. Granted I'm still in the trial period of all this so that may change but its worth a shot. I wanna go to sleep now....lol but it felt great! *workout buzz still in effect* wow I typed that fast! :p

getfit
04-11-2005, 03:52 PM
great going sweetie! intensity is good sometimes don't go to bed we gotta chat a little :p

LadyLifter
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
hey chica! the intensity did feel great! yayay :p

LadyLifter
04-12-2005, 08:22 AM
i hit the stadium again only it hit back harder...this run was way off...d@mn off days :( *going to shower off the bad run feeling*

getfit
04-12-2005, 08:29 AM
hun we all have off days no worries :) thanks for the props angel! :)

LadyLifter
04-12-2005, 08:37 AM
thanks hun! its just frustrating to have two in two weeks...we'll see what I can do though...I know I need to drink more water...*grabs water bottle* i just don't know what else is missing :-\

and anytime chica :D

getfit
04-12-2005, 08:45 AM
drink up:p you can always add a little gatorade powder in there! tastes good ! :)

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 04:12 PM
besides the battery in my stopwatch being dead today was pretty good on the track. yay yay yay

1:55
2:05
2:03
2:04

2:02
2:08
2:10

2:11
1:57
1:45 FEEL THE BURN

as usual I was aiming for a 2:15 to put me at a 9 minute pace but this average would put me at 1:47:48 for the whole half marathon...that's 3:29 better than last week YAY!
One of the best parts was the fact that I could feel how my shoulders were really pulling me through. In high school my coach always told me to pump my arms more but they always got worn out and weak feeling. Today I could feel how my lifting has helped increase the strength and endurance in my arms and shoulders...it just made me feel like a stronger runner overall...yippie!

getfit
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
besides the battery in my stopwatch being dead today was pretty good on the track. yay yay yay

1:55

2:02

2:11
1:57
1:45 FEEL THE BURN

as usual I was aiming for a 2:15 to put me at a 9 minute pace but this average would put me at 1:47:48 for the whole half marathon...that's 3:29 better than last week YAY!
One of the best parts was the fact that I could feel how my shoulders were really pulling me through. In high school my coach always told me to pump my arms more but they always got worn out and weak feeling. Today I could feel how my lifting has helped increase the strength and endurance in my arms and shoulders...it just made me feel like a stronger runner overall...yippie!

:strong: :clap: great going hun! :)

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 05:00 PM
:strong: :clap: great going hun! :)

thank you hun...i'm really starting to get super excited about this! I can't wait for Sunday's race! :D

note to boyfriend: you better be ready...I'm starting to feel competitive...very competitive ;)

getfit
04-13-2005, 05:04 PM
hope you take some pics to show me :)

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
hope you take some pics to show me :)

i'll see what we can do..you want from this weekend or the half marathon?

getfit
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
i'll see what we can do..you want from this weekend or the half marathon?
i want it all! :p as many as you can i wanna see my girl win! :D

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
i want it all! :p as many as you can i wanna see my girl win! :D

lol (psst check your email) I'll make sure we get some pictures...*gasp* I think I have finally, after 20 years, accepted myself physically mentally etc. to post pictures of me when I may not look my best :p :D that feels more amazing than anything I know

getfit
04-13-2005, 05:22 PM
hehe i checked! and responded! ;)

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 05:22 PM
i just sent you one as i posted that :D

getfit
04-13-2005, 05:23 PM
gonna check! :)

getfit
04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
:D ;)

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 05:30 PM
:D

*thinks this must all look funny to everyone else who stops in here*

HI :hello: :p my apologies for hijacking my own journal...g/f and I promise to stick to emails from now on :angel:

SW
04-13-2005, 07:11 PM
hey, this looks funny.

getfit
04-13-2005, 07:12 PM
hey, this looks funny.
don't get wrong ideas now superior ;) we are good mates! :)

getfit
04-13-2005, 07:13 PM

*thinks this must all look funny to everyone else who stops in here*

HI :hello: :p my apologies for hijacking my own journal...g/f and I promise to stick to emails from now on :angel:
hehe! i like hijacking :p

LadyLifter
04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
its on my own journal...that's allowed right? :angel:

hey, this looks funny.

so do i though so its all good :D

LadyLifter
04-14-2005, 07:41 AM
ok so me in my brillance realized about 2 minutes ago that with the race on Sunday I'm not going to have a rest day. I don't want to miss any lifting and I need the run the day before the race so i'll take today off...

getfit
04-14-2005, 07:44 AM
oh boy! sounds intense! i'm on an off day as i'm totally out of it today! :(

LadyLifter
04-14-2005, 07:46 AM
oh boy! sounds intense! i'm on an off day as i'm totally out of it today! :(

:( its ok chica...I know you won't miss a beat with your workout...we'll just chill today

Guido
04-14-2005, 07:59 AM
don't get wrong ideas now superior ;) we are good mates! :)
Hello, and welcome to the Love Connection! :)

J/K That's coo that WBB is bringing people together, literally and figuratively.

LadyLifter
04-14-2005, 08:02 AM
:D it is pretty cool how this works...lol I really feel like part of a tight knit group without ever actually having met any of you...great how that works huh?

getfit
04-14-2005, 08:08 AM
:D it is pretty cool how this works...lol I really feel like part of a tight knit group without ever actually having met any of you...great how that works huh?

LadyLifter
04-15-2005, 03:54 PM
full body workout fun again...this session was alright...not the best not the worst though either

front squats: bar 1*10 & 1*15 - still getting used to these
incline db's: 20's (+5)
rev grip pull downs: 60 lbs.
close grip bench: bar -still feels weird

all i have to focus on now is the race...:D :evillaugh

getfit
04-15-2005, 03:56 PM
full body workout fun again...this session was alright...not the best not the worst though either

front squats: bar 1*10 & 1*15 - still getting used to these
incline db's: 20's (+5)
rev grip pull downs: 60 lbs.
close grip bench: bar -still feels weird

all i have to focus on now is the race...:D :evillaugh

:hello: :clap: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*cheers on from now for sunday*