PDA

View Full Version : Prohormone cutting log

aikigreg
12-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Stats at start: 6'1", 233, down from 245. For my body, my ideal weight would be approx 200 even. I have no desire to get HYOOGE. I have a desire to get sub 10% BF. I've got a good amount of muscle already, and the abs are in there somewhere, I swear! I'm probably 22-25%BF at best guess - size 40 jeans fit my thunder thighs (lots of muscle there)

Since high school, my bodyweight has not been below 218, where it was a year and a half ago. I have been as high as 315. HARD LOSER would describe me. I can diet and exercise my arse off sometimes without any benefit at all.

Current goal to get to 215 ASAP. Will settle for 220 by 12/27.

Today is day 4 of my diet. Since friday I am down to 230lbs. ACtivity over the weekend included 1.5 hours coaching/participating in wrestling, biking about 6 miles at an easy pace, and walking 14 holes of golf carrying my bag. Trying to take it easy since I broke my leg during a 5k and just got the cast off. Oh, and I worked out on my crossbar (bowflex basically) for a decent workout.

Today's activity included a little wrestling and about 40 minutes of 3 sets squat, 4 sets bench, 3 sets leg extension and 3 sets military press using the school's freeweights.

Calories these last few days have averaged to around 1300/day while on the prohomormones. Taking 100mg 1-AD 3x per day, and 2 pills 2x per day of an ephedra based stimulant to keep metabolism up and stave off hunger. Planning on cutting for 2 weeks, off for 2 weeks, and back on again.

Worthy of note: Strength today was up slightly from previous push days at the gym, in spite of the fact that I've cut calories per day by about a thousand.

My pee smells funny from the 1-ad

Never had acne in my life. Getting some bacne going on.

These last few pounds really revealed some noticeable changes in my body. It was all I could do to keep my hands off my newly discovered well shaped quads today :)

Questions I need answered:
1. Should I add some 4-ad to my "stack"?
2. Where does carbs fit into this diet? I've been basically getting all my calories from protein and fat, with add-ins like cruciferous veggies, the occasional tomatoe, squash, etc, peanut butter, and 24g carbs from my morning protein shake. Wondering if I shouldn't at least add some oatmeal or something. Right now things are about a 40f 40p 20c.
3. I'm thinking I should up my consumption of 1-ad to 400-500 per day instead of the 300 per day currently. I could really use some help here!

Thanks for your help!

aikigreg
12-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Could still use help with the questions from post #1

Day 5 - Tuesday 12/14

Felt really weird when I woke up. Wether from the next to no carbs or the low calorie total I don't know. Decided I would eat clean but not worry about the carbs. Added in some high GI cereal, a couple tortillas and some wheat bread over the course of the day.

No activity. Just too darn tired to do anything.

aikigreg
12-15-2004, 06:06 PM
day 6 - wednesday 12/15

Felt fine this morning, so back to the plan. Maybe I should just be having a carb up day every 4 or 5 days until I'm off the cycle.

Exercise - went for a big jog today, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 miles. After 3 minutes I wanted to puke, and nearly did. A brief rest, and I was able to go harder and faster than before. Sweet!

Observations - muscles feel harder than before. Weight up 1.5 pounds.

ryuage
12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
hope all goes well with your goals, but dont you think you should ask your questions before you start? otherwise whats the point

RaginT
12-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I dont really know what to say about adding 4-ad, i took it with M1T because it is supposed to counter some of the sides. I took 1ad on its own twice though. I have read it is a good stack of 1ad and 4ad, but i dont know how much extra you'll get. and you will get water retention form it. as it will convert to some estrogen and tha causes water retention. All the cycles i did were bulk so i didnt care about water retention. That's all i can tell you, i cant say if it will help much or not.

aikigreg
12-20-2004, 11:27 PM
think I'll just stick to the 1-ad for now, and try it again after my 2 weeks off with the 4ad and creatine and up my calories SLIGHTLY and see what happens. F it, I am my own experiment :)

I've had no workout from Thursday-Sunday, due to a wrestling meet, but I've tried to eat clean during those days, and keep my 1-ad up. However, I took no ehpedra nor 1-ad on Sunday.

Today was back in the saddle. ! hour wrestling, 30 minutes pull muscle workout, and a mile run aftewards. Tomorrow will be a HIT interval run. little to no wrestling, and followed up with a push day and golf in the afternoon - yippee!

Wednesday will be wrestling, lifting, and hopefully running again, followed by a nice deeptissue massage :)

aikigreg
12-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Wednesday ended up being a 1 mile HIIT, basically no wrestling, and 9 holes of walking golf with the bag. Weight is back down to 130. Almost all the clothes I wore two years ago at 220lbs fit me now at 230, which means I've definately grown some new muscle. Yippee!

My pee still smells funny, my balls have shrank, but otherwise no sides at all. Energy levels are fine, sex drive is normal.

aikigreg
12-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Thursday 12/22

Strength is up. Added 10 lbs to my max bench, a whole bunch to my sissy squats, and a little to military press and bench press. I can definately notice my chest is wider and I'm about 10 pounds away from finally seeing some abs I think.

Weight was up 1 pound today, but I know I need to take a monster dump, so....:)

Weights again tomorrow, and hopefully some running tomorrow and Friday, but it's freezing rain and I ain't running on ice. The in-laws have a skiing trainer, so I may get in some cardio Xmas day if nothing else.

Going and getting a deep tissue massage today, so that ought to help me get some strength back as well.

aikigreg
12-24-2004, 10:14 AM
I don't get it. Weight is currently up to 233.

Hit the weights HARD yesterday (Thursday). My deadlift went up 20 lbs, my hamstring curl up 10, and I gained a lot of strength on bicep curls as well, pumping out better form for more reps with same weight.

I must be gaining this weight as muscle. When I run my hand down my arm, I can feel my shoulders/triceps/biceps are much harder, and my triceps and shoulders are noticeably bigger to the touch. Given my diet I cannot imagine I'm gaining an ounce of fat.

Brekkie: 36g protein shake with 1/3 cup oats and 1/3 cup blueberries.
snack - 2 clementines and a few swallows of vegetable juice.
lunch - vietnamese pho soup with beef - did not eat the vermicelli pasta that came with the soup, but I did eat a spring roll with some peanut sauce.
Dinner - 4 ounces venison tenderloin, curried cauliflower, steamed green beans, and some cooked cabbage. Dessert was less than a half ounce of chocolate. Oh, and I had one ounce of vodka before dinner.

No way I could be gaining anything other than muscle on this kind of diet. The 1-ad must really be pulling nutrents hard into the muscles.

Today is hopefully another workout, since I won't be able to lift weights again until Monday. Cardio tomorrow.

aikigreg
12-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Today was also another great lifting day. I added 25 pounds to my leg extension, and extra set of front squats. By the time I was done with my workout, my triceps were singing with the blood moving through them. Hopefully this'll have some translation into muscle, since I rarely have a pump of any kind ever.

Merry Christmas!

aikigreg
12-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Today, Xmas - my ankle felt like crap, so I contented myself with a half hour on the Nordictrack. Went for 33 minutes, supposedly going 1.5 miles and 350 calories burned. Decent all over movement though. Proably close to an accurate calorie burn rate too, considering how much effort it takes not to fall off the damned thing and kill yourself. :) My diet was not too crappy the last couple days - only a little chocolate and trifle pudding :)