PDA

View Full Version : Even while bulking..is this too many carbs?

trojan1444
12-14-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm trying to gain weight, so I know I need carbs, but on my diet right now I kinda feel like I'm taking in too many carbs in the middle of the day.

I have oatmeal for breakfast, 50g simple carbs after my workout, and then here are my next three meals:

1. brown rice, chicken, broccoli, olive oil
2. sweet potato, tuna, cauliflower
3. kidney beans, tuna

Especially the combo of brown rice followed by sweet potatoes 2 hours later gets me thinking it's too much. Am I just paranoid or is this OK? Should I substitute in whole grain bread for either the rice or potato, since it has more fiber?

ryuage
12-14-2004, 04:57 PM
you are just paranoid

emjlr3
12-14-2004, 05:00 PM
depending on how big you are, that may not even be enough, my friend who is 6'5" with his bulking diet right now takes in about 5000 calories, and about 500grams of which or carbs

Behemoth
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm trying to gain weight, so I know I need carbs, but on my diet right now I kinda feel like I'm taking in too many carbs in the middle of the day.

I have oatmeal for breakfast, 50g simple carbs after my workout, and then here are my next three meals:

3. kidney beans, tuna

Especially the combo of brown rice followed by sweet potatoes 2 hours later gets me thinking it's too much. Am I just paranoid or is this OK? Should I substitute in whole grain bread for either the rice or potato, since it has more fiber?

Although I don't know how much brown rice or kidney beans you're taking in. That doesn't look like too many carbs by any means.

A better way to look at it is find your total caloric intake. Get about 1/3 of your total calories from quality fats. Eat 1-1.5grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Then the rest is left for carbs.

Shao-LiN
12-15-2004, 08:30 PM

3. kidney beans, tuna

If you're bulking, I'd be more worried that you probably aren't eating enough.