PDA

View Full Version : How much water should I drink

NOPowerPaul
12-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I am very sure I can honestly say I don't drink anywhere near the amount of water I should. I have been drinking about 25 litres of Pepsi Max a week which I am now going to stop.

I'm a bit worried about stopping the Pepsi Max because it has been my belief that drinking all this caffeine has helped tone me up. I do six one hour cardio sessions every morning first thing so I should be okay.

I've read some people suggest 1-2 gallons of water per day. I probably don't even drink a litre though.

If I don't want to drink all that water, what other alternatives are there. I have heard fruitjuice mentioned but what I am looking for it not to contain?

geoffgarcia
12-16-2004, 11:21 AM
1-2 is fine.
use the search tool for more info, this question comes up a lot

Digitised
12-16-2004, 12:03 PM
hmm i drink about 3 litres (bearing in mind im not big and its cold in the uk so im not sweating or losing much water) should i up it?

i find if i drink towards a gallon i get up in the middle of the night once or twice to relieve myself (of water...) isnt this bad for my sleep?

malkore
12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
cut back on water before bed time, and try to visit the bathroom before you lay down to sleep.
first thing in the morning, down a couple glasses of water to rehydrate.

AdmiralDan
12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
drink a lot. it helps with all of your bodily functions including metabolism and nutrient delivery. i have also heard that drinking ice cold water burns calories in itself

Patz
12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Nobody ever overdosed on water, so drink up. What you don't use will come back out. I try to drink 80-100 ounces a day in 16oz bottles. According to my milk jug, a gallon is 128oz. I would drink more, but I have to buy 30pks of water and take it to work, so I conserve. Our tap water is nasty there.

-TIM-
12-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Sounds like way too much pop. That's going to kill your teeth.

fen2zla
12-16-2004, 11:23 PM
I have been drinking about 25 litres of Pepsi Max a week which I am now going to stop.

I'm a bit worried about stopping the Pepsi Max because it has been my belief that drinking all this caffeine has helped tone me up.

25 litres a week?! Good thing that your stopping. I would try and slowly ween myself off of it, otherwise your going to have some nasty withdrawal symptoms from all the caffeine.

NOPowerPaul
12-17-2004, 05:22 AM
One U.S Gallon is equivelant to 8 U.K pints. I can manage a gallon probably through a day maybe a gallon and half.

I'm going cold turkey on the Pepsi Max and will compensate for the caffeine with my Green Tea. If I have a few of those a day it should help.

Patz
12-17-2004, 05:28 AM
I've never noticed enough caffiene in soda to even perk me up, much less give me any withdrawal. I usually drink one or two cups of coffee a day, but sometimes I quit for up to two weeks without any problems. Maybe it's just me.