PDA

View Full Version : day after cheat days?

reso
11-13-2001, 07:04 PM
should i do cardio burn about 500cals and eat nothing but protein for that day followed by the next day to diet i was following before the cheat day?

Maki Riddington
11-13-2001, 07:47 PM
No, just follow your normal diet. Otherwise you are defeating the purpose of a cheat day. If your so worried about it then don't have a cheat day. Maybe a cheat meal would suffice instead?

syntekz
11-13-2001, 07:52 PM
A cheat day isn't gonna hurt your diet. It's all psychological(sp?).

Wizard
11-13-2001, 11:39 PM
A cheat day can set you several days back if you go overboard on fats.
Anyway,I feel that the reason why you want to do cardio in the next day is that you feel guilty because your weight has increased a lot but remember that most or all of this weight is water retention,caused by the very high insulin levels on the previous day.

Budiak
11-14-2001, 01:43 AM
Fats dont affect me as much as filthy, worthless, empty carbs do. I dont allow myself "cheat days", as when I say to myself "cheat day", I go totally gung-ho on candy and ice cream. Insanity. The day after I always feel bloated. Thats why I dont allow myself a specific "day" to cheat. Rather I allow myself something every now and then, like a bowl of fatty udon soup or whatnot, it could be once or twice a week, who knows. I know what to do when I get there.

Wizard
11-14-2001, 02:22 AM
If you have a ton of carbs on your cheat day,then yes,the next day you'll be like a water balloon.BUT.. If you have a ton of carbs and fat on your cheat day,then the next day you'll be lika a fatty water ballon :D

YatesNightBlade
11-14-2001, 02:36 AM
Eating excess protein will help to get rid of the excess water.

Wizard
11-14-2001, 03:20 AM
Hey Yates,how much is considered to be excess assuming that you're on a caloric restricted diet? Is it possible?

reso
11-14-2001, 05:27 AM
<--LOOKING LIKE A WATER BALOON :P

maybe next time i cheat i just stick with the CRANBERRY WALNUT BAGEL soooo gooooooooodddddddd,haha but yesterday I had 3bagels
that already was like 200carbs or so plus the danish and 150 or more from the cereal and milk haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-14-2001, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Wizard
A cheat day can set you several days back if you go overboard on fats.

i can relate to this, but my case was special.

YatesNightBlade
11-14-2001, 07:33 AM
Im not sure Wiz ...... I've been told to try it and it works. I upped my protein dropped my carbs, but kept the cals the same. The excess acts as a pretty damn impressive duiretic.

Wizard
11-14-2001, 07:41 AM
Yeah it's damn effective.
This effect occurs because the increase in the amount of protein consumed raises the levels of uric acid and urea in the blood. These are toxic by-products of protein breakdown and metabolism.The body eliminates this uric acid and urea by pumping lots of water into the kidneys and urinary tract to help it flush out but it's impressive that it occurs even when you're on caloric defficit and thus the consumed protein is used to produce energy.Anyway,it's good :D

Tryska
11-14-2001, 07:46 AM
yeah...speaking of which....anyone have any ideas for keto-type snacks i can pick up at a 7-11 type store?

i'm holding major water from the carby foods i've been eating since i started feeling like crap, and i wanna drop it today as i go through my day...however, i don't have the kinda food i need on hand, and my brain is fried so if someone could feed me the answers i would be much obliged.

Wizard
11-14-2001, 08:00 AM
I don't know what a 7-11 store is but I know that you can't drop water weight in one day.It takes 3-4 days for the electrolytes to manipulate the minerals intake.(sodium/potassium).You will drop some by eating protein but not the max you can do.

Tryska
11-14-2001, 08:04 AM
hee hee....i manage to drop it in one day.....if i eat keto-style and put in a good cardio session.

7-11 is like a convenience store....with all kinds of snacks and convenience foods and whatnot in it.

Wizard
11-14-2001, 08:13 AM
I don't thing that you can buy anything good there.Well,I 'm not sure though.

Hmm.. doing a cardio session is the best you can do.Intervals will make you sweat like there's no tomorrow.
Have a nice shower! :D

Tryska
11-14-2001, 08:18 AM
well...let's just hope i have the energy for that type of session this afternoon. i feel like shite.

YatesNightBlade
11-14-2001, 08:23 AM
Like going in that store don't ya ;):p

Tryska
11-14-2001, 08:32 AM
*lmao*

this is a different store..but i have to go into that one later tonight, becasue i'm low on some vites. *dreading it*:rolleyes:

your fault btw. ;)

Bullrider Billy
11-14-2001, 09:17 AM
Tryska,

Go for the SlimJims and Beef Jerky. The jerky is pretty low in fat, but it's mostly pure protein. I can eat a whole bag. And SlimJims! What can I say!? Other than being able to consume inhuman amounts. :D

Btw, I've discovered the diuretic benefits of increasing protein and lowering carbs. If I go over much over 100 g of carbs I blow up like the Michelin Man. Lowering the carbs and upping the protein keeps me from feeling bloated. And I think I'm finally losing some fat. :)

Prelude
11-14-2001, 09:20 AM
OK so let me see if I understand this correctly. On my cheat day or meal, if I eat carbs I'll
be a water baloon the next day. But I'll also lose all of that water the next day due to higher protein and ECA, right? On the other hand if I have carbs and fat, the fat will automatically be stored as fat, right?

Tryska
11-14-2001, 09:21 AM
doh. why didn't i think of that? beef jerky/slim jims it is.

hey billy man..congrats on the weight loss! *grin* don't ya love when that happens?

reso
11-14-2001, 09:32 AM
for some reason the cheat i had makes my shoulders look big:P

Wizard
11-14-2001, 09:34 AM
the reason is that they're super hydrated and full of glycogen

Bullrider Billy
11-14-2001, 09:52 AM
On the other hand if I have carbs and fat, the fat will automatically be stored as fat, right?

Interesting observation...

Larrian Gillespie, MD says to avoid eating a high glycemic carb and fat together (not that we should be eating high glycemic carbs anyway). If you do eat a high glycemic carb, don't eat fat with it...

Remember, high glycemic carbohydrates, when treated with fat, react like 3 tablespoons of corn syrup in his body and prevent him from losing weight. The Gladiator Diet pp. 43-44

Wizard
11-14-2001, 10:00 AM
:nod:

Prelude
11-14-2001, 10:36 AM
hmmmmmmm.......german chocolate cake.....when will I taste you again? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hey, how about this:

On my cheat day or meal, if I eat carbs I'll
be a water baloon the next day. But I'll also lose all of that water the next day due to higher protein and ECA, right?

Wizard
11-14-2001, 10:45 AM
Precisely you will loose it in 3-5 days after your cheat day.

Prelude
11-14-2001, 11:45 AM
Wow! it takes that long. :eek: Pardon me for another stupid question. But what if it's the other way around, say...

1. Eat fatty foods all day for one day but no carbs
2. Eat carbs in the morning but will also have fats at night

The reason I ask is because sometimes I'm presented with situation that I just can't say no to. Like when my GF's Mom cooks and invites us for dinner, you know I don't want her to feel bad so I eat whatever anyways.

Bullrider Billy
11-15-2001, 09:06 AM
Here's more on the carb/fat thing. It's long but interesting.

Massive Eating - Part II (http://www.testosterone.net/html/147mass.html)

Prelude
11-15-2001, 09:10 AM
Thanks!!! :thumbup:

Wizard
11-15-2001, 09:19 AM
It's a must read.Nice work Billy! :)