PDA

View Full Version : Noob pix

AntonToo
12-18-2004, 07:59 AM
http://www.hvresource.com/images/before1.jpg
http://www.hvresource.com/images/before2back.jpg

No buff dood pics here :)

Started working out about a month ago. (Benching, bicepts, abs, legs all with free weights).

Going for bigger mass more cut and more stamina without sacrificing the agility.

All suggestions welcome

sublime99
12-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Eat

AntonToo
12-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Eat? :scratch: And this whole time I was working out :bang:

Seriously though, I want to loose fat and the only gain I want to make is muscle.

Kingair
12-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Looks like you have a good base - cant really tell much about your legs. Just stay with it. Looking good so far.

lilmase1153
12-18-2004, 11:14 AM
nice base bro... but if you wanna build mass your also gonna be gaining fat it goes hand in hand bro.. do some search's and youll see.. but if you insist try do maintnence plus 10-15% and do some light cardio agilities and you should see decent gains without much fat gain.. good luck bro

Stupendous
12-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Eat? :scratch: And this whole time I was working out :bang:

Seriously though, I want to loose fat and the only gain I want to make is muscle.

You can't do both at the same time.

SteveEU
12-18-2004, 11:17 AM
It looks like you have a "Bill Sanders" practice drum pad by your feet?

AntonToo
12-18-2004, 12:05 PM
It looks like you have a "Bill Sanders" practice drum pad by your feet?

LOL, no it's just a free weight disc

AntonToo
12-18-2004, 12:07 PM
You can't do both at the same time.

Hmm well, when I started I lost 3lb (I assume of fat) and then I gained 5 ( I assume muscle).

But I think I'll go ahead and switch to 5 meals a day.

Canadian Crippler
12-18-2004, 05:21 PM
You can lose BF while gaining LBM, but why do that at your low BF%? You'd be much better off bulking, you don't have to get fat but definately put on some size before trying to lose anything.

RussianRocket
12-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Youy have a good build, i'd say bulk up 20 or so pounds, and see how you look.

ryuage
12-18-2004, 06:48 PM
id say bulk up about 50 lbs and see how you look :)

ROCKNJOC
12-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Also It Would Be A Good Idea To Get Some Glutamine, You Will Need It If Your Serious About Your Workouts. And Also Like Everyone Else Said, You Need To !!eat!!

RickTheDestroyer
12-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Also It Would Be A Good Idea To Get Some Glutamine, You Will Need It If Your Serious About Your Workouts. And Also Like Everyone Else Said, You Need To !!eat!!

Why Do You Type Like This? Not Only Is It Irritating And Obnoxious, It Is Ridiculously Hard To Read.

AntonToo, I think you've got a good base to add some mass to. Your naturally wide shoulders will be a big asset toward looking really huge.

Dirt
12-19-2004, 01:48 AM

It'd be a better idea for him to not waste his money on glutamine...

ryuage
12-19-2004, 04:43 AM
What Is Wrong With Typing Like This, Do You Not Like It ?? LoL MaYbE I shOUlD TypE liKe ThiS bEcAuse It MakEs Me EvEN CoOOlER!

:p

Miss Rezza
12-19-2004, 07:46 AM
What Is Wrong With Typing Like This, Do You Not Like It ?? LoL MaYbE I shOUlD TypE liKe ThiS bEcAuse It MakEs Me EvEN CoOOlER!

:p

LMAO!!! :p

Great work Anton, looking good. Nice wide shoulders. :)

AntonToo
12-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Thx for the tips!

Here's my plan so far:

I'm 157 @ 5"11 and I'm going for about 170.

4 meals a day +1 shake before going to sleep.

Chest/Tricepts/Abs - Tue/Fri/Sun
Bicepts/Forearms/Legs - Mon/Wendsday/Saturday

Faketan once week :nod:

Not sure what to do about the stamina thing for now though, I snowboard about every other week, but don't think thats enough.

I'll post the progress in the spring.

CiteCollegiale
12-19-2004, 10:21 AM
i would suggest another routine

Max-Mex
12-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Thx for the tips!

Here's my plan so far:

I'm 157 @ 5"11 and I'm going for about 170.

4 meals a day +1 shake before going to sleep.

Chest/Tricepts/Abs - Tue/Fri/Sun
Bicepts/Forearms/Legs - Mon/Wendsday/Saturday

Faketan once week :nod:

Not sure what to do about the stamina thing for now though, I snowboard about every other week, but don't think thats enough.

I'll post the progress in the spring.

That split is horrible. 7 days a week? How long are your workouts? I think you need to do some more research. If your looking to lean out and bulk up, then you're in for a real long haul. It's much easier to do one or the other. Doing both is possible, but the results take longer to see, IMO.

I'd suggest looking at aka23's Journal. He's made some great progress in strenth, size, low bf, and stamina.

RickTheDestroyer
12-19-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree that a different split would yield better results. This site holds an absolute wealth of information, and tons of different splits, if you can find them.
Also, I think that you ought to bulk to 200. :)

AntonToo
12-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Back pic added
http://www.hvresource.com/images/before2back.jpg

200lb at 5'11??? I'd say thats not the well rounded performance stats.
I'm starting getting back into mixed martial arts right now. And if I'll ever enter competition at that weight I'll get killed :smoke:

I'm only counting 6 days - thursday off - I'm also anticipating another 1 day a week average of not having time to work out.

So far I'm getting very noticebly stronger and "tighter". weight gains are small, I think mostly because I'm trading fat for muscle for now.

I don't have all that much time to spend on imroving my physique, so I'll be rowing through this forum collecting info little by little and making adjustments as I go along.

Nutrition is the last topic I'll be looking into, I've eaten what I want my entire life and my body was never really too skinny or chubby, bodyfat mostly adjusted by how active I am. So I'll just let it sort it out for itself. Though I will be eating extra small meal a day and a protein shake.

RickTheDestroyer
12-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah dude, get up to 200, cut 15 pounds and you'd be a pretty nasty 185.
A lean 185 at 5'11" isn't huge, but I bet the muscle mass would help with the MMA.

AntonToo
12-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah dude, get up to 200, cut 15 pounds and you'd be a pretty nasty 185.
A lean 185 at 5'11" isn't huge, but I bet the muscle mass would help with the MMA.

Oh ofcorce muscle helps but the flipside is you do loose agility and it's tougher on your heart and at that weight category, I'll have to duke it out with naturally bigger guys - bigger bones, taller, longer reach, would be really tough.

Anyway Let me put on 10 lbs then we'll ponder this some more :)

RickTheDestroyer
12-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Oh ofcorce muscle helps but the flipside is you do loose agility and it's tougher on your heart and at that weight category, I'll have to duke it out with naturally bigger guys - bigger bones, taller, longer reach, would be really tough.

Anyway Let me put on 10 lbs then we'll ponder this some more :)

I took karate for about two years when I was a kid, so I'm probably not the best person to offer advice as far as training for MMA goes (there are some enthusiasts on this board, PizDoff for one, and several others if you search some), but I'd think that the more strength that you have, the faster you'd be able to move agility-wise (more size means you have to move more weight, but if greater strength comes with that weight, then you'd still probably be able to move said increased weight faster). I understand not wanting to get into a weight class with the big big boys, but I doubt that 185 would be that tough on your heart.
10 pounds will be a good place to start, the thing about getting bigger and stronger is that once you start, you keep wanting more. :thumbup:

sublime99
12-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Nutrition is the last topic I'll be looking into, I've eaten what I want my entire life and my body was never really too skinny or chubby, bodyfat mostly adjusted by how active I am. So I'll just let it sort it out for itself. Though I will be eating extra small meal a day and a protein shake.

This is the number one thing that you should worry about. Weights and routine will do nothing for you if this isn't up to par.

AntonToo
12-20-2004, 09:48 AM
This is the number one thing that you should worry about. Weights and routine will do nothing for you if this isn't up to par.

Right and I'm thinking it is up to par. I'm just adding more protein and extra small meal.