PDA

View Full Version : On a mission, for real this time

twcolabear
12-19-2004, 01:03 AM
:ninja: I'm ready to fight the fat!
ok I know this is my third journal already, but I'm going to make this one work.
I think I've done a good job on my first one, but around august it just started going downhill. At this point I weight the most I have ever weight, I've gained 15lbs in the last few month, and my clothes are getting a little tight. I feel ashamed to admit it, but I've really let myself go with all the school work and the seefood diet.
So now it is time to get back to the gym and start watching my diet. I have been doing belly dancing, but it hasn't been enough.
Can some one point me to a good thread or let me know what kind of diet and workout that I should follow to loose weight?
My goal is to loose the extra weight that i've gained and get in shape for summer. so that gives me about 6 month, do you think that is enough?
No spam please, I will eat it :D
This would be a nice look for me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/askanni/SHP_Premium_absolution.jpg

getfit
12-19-2004, 03:14 AM
good luck colabear! ha! belly dancing is fun!:)

ryuage
12-19-2004, 03:15 AM
I think 6 months is more then sufficient time.... just dont fall off the bandwagon :)

Shane
12-19-2004, 05:35 AM
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

Hey! About time you started a new journal. :) Good luck Anna! :strong: :D

twcolabear
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Getfit-thanks, do you do bellydancing too? I thought I saw that in your journal
Ryuage-thanks, I'll try and stay on the bandwagon :)
Shane-Spam! I would love some Hawaiian style or spam fried rice :)
What did you say my bodyfat should be?

Workout:
Wanted to do weights, but I can't find my wristguard, and I tried it with out it and it felt that I was going to hurt myself, so I stopped.
65min elliptical

Is it better to do stairmaster or elliptical?

Food:
so far all i had is a cup of yogurt, water, and tapioca milk tea. I suppose I should eat something soon.

Tomorrow:
no gym, just Bellydancing 1.5 hrs :)

getfit
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
ha! no i've tried it a couple of times it was fun!

JustinF
12-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Good to see ya back Anna! :hello:

Shane
12-20-2004, 01:12 AM
If you want to have defiintion similar to the girl in that pic I'd say your bodyfat would probably have to be in the mid-teens. Genetics will have a say in how defined you are at a certain bf% though.

Both the stairmaster and elliptical are good. Why not alternate?

twcolabear
12-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Justin :hello:
Shane- I like both :) just not the treadmill, that thing gives me motion sickness

Food:
above post, plus
Dinner: bowl of vegie soup, sicken thigh with some potatos and greenbeans.
Latenight: (I know, but trying to kick this habit) beef and lettuce soft taco

Shane
12-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Stay away from the treadmill then. ;)

twcolabear
12-21-2004, 12:39 AM
Workout:
1.5hrs bellydance, we were working on leg and hip movement, pretty confusing

And I'm not sore from last night, so maybe that means I havn't pushed myself too hard yesterday :(

Food:
b: 1pancake, tea
l: thai ginger shrimp and rice, ice tea
d: shrimp cold noodle, tea, cookie
s: apple

TTT
12-21-2004, 12:52 AM
:spam:
Good luck!
I'm sure you'll achieve your goals. As ryuage said, just stick with it, and it's in the bag. And have fun! :)

getfit
12-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Workout:
1.5hrs bellydance, we were working on leg and hip movement, pretty confusing

And I'm not sore from last night, so maybe that means I havn't pushed myself too hard yesterday :(

Food:
b: 1pancake, tea
l: thai ginger shrimp and rice, ice tea
d: shrimp cold noodle, tea, cookie
s: apple
nice colabear! belly dance away! ya!:)

twcolabear
12-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Thanks TTT and Getfit :)

Today's workout:
20min elliptical. I thought i was going to die, the backwards setting is difficult
30min stationary bike-alt. levels

Food:
b: nothing, slept through it
l: xiaochi ( little bit of beef noodles, some pork, marinated porkears, and peanut and rice sausage) tapioca milk tea
d: small spinach salad with 2 thin strips of baked chicken, 1/2 cup of green beans, 7pc of rye crutons, cup of carrot juice.
s:tea and dried pinaple

Shane
12-22-2004, 01:45 AM
Bite me.

twcolabear
12-22-2004, 01:47 AM
what did I miss?

Shane
12-22-2004, 01:58 AM
;) :p

twcolabear
12-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Silly Shane

Workout:
Didn't really get a chance to go to the gym yesterday, so I did some stretching and situps and crunches at home. 2 3sets of 15

Food:
b:slept through it, carrot juice
l: ramen (not isntant kind) california roll, tea
d: mashed potatos, 3 small lamb shops, 1/2cup green beans, small spinach salad, tea
s: tea, very small slice of apple pie, apple

a few months ago I statrted changing my caffeeine intake, so right now about 90% of tea I drink is herbal and non-caffinated. I wanted to try it to see if it would affect my headaches, and there has been no change :(
Now I need to change my diet and start seeing some results

dissipate
12-24-2004, 06:36 AM
WB colabear! good luck with reaching your goals!!

twcolabear
12-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Dissipate long time no see :)

Yesterday I did nothing, last minute x-mas shopping and all
Food:
B: nothing
l: mashroom/vegies soup, tea
d: same soup, crouptons, tomato juice, tea
s: 1 small fried fish

Today:
Workout: 30min running in the park. running on trials definately feels better on my knees than concrete.

Food:
b: carrot juice, small apple tart, yogurt
l: cheeseburger, lemonade
d: 3 small lamb chops, greenbeans and 1tbsp of mashed potatoes, small salad, carrot juice

Tomorrow is a big day of food!

Marry Christmas everyone :)

twcolabear
12-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Sunday
Workout:
60min elliptical, var. speed/difficulty, 30 min forward, 30min reverse

Food:
1: slept though it, so it was closer to lunch. 1/2bowl of borsch, 12pcs of potato /mushroom vareniki, 1/2 glass of red wine
2: 6pcs of potato/fish vareniki, 1/2 red wine
3: small green/pear salad, 2tablespoons of potato salad, small slice of quiche
4: tea, 1/2 apricot bar
5: portabella mushroom and lettuce sandwich, 1/2cup green beans, cup carrot juice
6: tea, 1/2 apricot bar
now that I listed what I ate today it seems like a lot of food, but I actually did not feel that I overate, like I always do after eating. I'm working on trying to get me portions smaller, so I don't feel overstuffed. I think it worked today

twcolabear
12-28-2004, 03:37 AM
monday
I slept the whole day because the weather gave me horrible headaches and they affect my balance.
No workout, I forgot the bellydance class was cancelled today

Food:
1) Korean bbq, 1 large beer
2) 2 cups of tea, 2 See's candies, 1 cookie
3) apple

dissipate
12-28-2004, 09:21 AM
wow 60 mins elliptical. korean bbq.. oh.. ohh...... :drooling:

-TIM-
12-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Aren't journals fun. I just started my second one. I stopped the first one because I got tired of duplicating what I wrote down at the gym, then typing it online. That's neigher here nor there though. And this thread is about you. So good luck and stick to it.

twcolabear
12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
oh great! I just wrote this nice big post, and i got error :(

twcolabear
12-30-2004, 08:41 PM
take two
tuesday: didn't make it to the gym
Food: (bowl=chinese rice bowl)
1) 1bowl of kimchee soup, 1 bowl of korean noodles
2) small slice of fish, 1tbs of potatos, tea
3) tea and see's candy times 3 more times

wed:
30min on elliptical various speed/level
30min on stationary bike ( was kinda lazy on this one)
10x3 situps
10x3(40lb) lat-pull down (wanted to do heavier but didn't want to push it without wrist bands)

food:
1. 1 bread slice w/ caviar, tea
2. 1/3 bowl of rice, curry
3. sashimi, 1/3 bowl rice, salad, miso soup
4. tea, 1/2 apricot bar
5. tea, 1 see's
hmm, a lot of see's candies

twcolabear
12-31-2004, 04:52 AM
thursday
my stomach was hurting after dinner, so I didn't go to the gym but once I was feeling better I did about 100 ab exercises

food:
1. 2 bowls fried rice, 1 bowl of fried calamari ( I think this fatty dinner is what gave me an upset stomach) grapefruit juice
2. tea, 2 cookies
3. papaya drink

ryuage
12-31-2004, 07:25 AM
100 ab exercises?? yikes!

twcolabear
12-31-2004, 02:23 PM
hmm maybe i should have rephrased it, I only did 100 reps :)

getfit
12-31-2004, 03:43 PM
happy new year to you :) enjoy!

twcolabear
01-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't even want to know how much I ate from 31/1. Being Russian we belive in having a lot of food on new years, so we had enought food for 20 people for just 8. So I'm eatign leftovers for the rest of the week

today
Workout:
40min elliptical-hill climb setting
20min-bike

food:
1)grandma made chinese dinner but I wasn't too hungry. so I had:
2rice bowls of chestnut and chicken soup( very lite and sooooo good), 1bowl of rice with some chicken, green beans and pork, 1 crab leg, 1 dangtat
2) tea, 1 slice pie

Shane
01-02-2005, 10:28 PM
That's funny. Being American we believe in having lots of food on New Years too. :D

dissipate
01-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Being Russian we belive in having a lot of food on new years, so we had enought food for 20 people for just 8.
huh you're russian?

CRAB LEG CRAB LEG!!! DANGTAT!!!!!!!! YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!

chops
01-03-2005, 12:29 PM
yum, i lub crab! i've never head of dangtat tho. is that the name of the dish?

twcolabear
01-03-2005, 07:43 PM
yep I'm Russian

and

egg custard tart :) I'm sure you've had it

dissipate
01-03-2005, 07:56 PM
:scratch: i thought you were taiwanese....hmm.... you're russian and you eat dangtat and sng mui........... wow....

twcolabear
01-05-2005, 02:52 AM
I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years. I wish the best to everyone

Yesterday:
Bellydance

Today:
50 min eliptical
20 min bellydance practice

Food:
1/2 big bowl of 牛肉麵 (beef noodles) I tried a new restaurant and noodles there were not that good
tea and 1 see's
apple, banana and packet of carrots

getfit
01-05-2005, 03:48 AM
colabear i think it's so cool you bellydance great for abs:;) in general it's great!

ryuage
01-05-2005, 05:35 AM
maybe I should try, but it wont look pretty.... haha

dissipate
01-05-2005, 07:22 AM
hook up a webcam if you do ryu! :D

twcolabear
01-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Ryu belly dancing? I would see that ;)

twcolabear
01-06-2005, 03:37 AM
I didn't do too good on the workout today, I went to a different club, and it had all the machines placed by the door, so it horrible draft, and I'm afraid of drafts bc I think I'm going to get sick so...
30min eliptical
15 min bike

Food:
1)oatmeal, tea
2) chicken quasadia
3) chicken thigh, green tea
4) bacon cheesburger, tea

Random observsation, if I get up later in the day I am not as hungry, and I can resist foods like burgers, hmmm that means maybe I will sleep more ;)

ryuage
01-09-2005, 10:19 AM
yah the more I sleep the less I eat, but for me I think its more of being awake less so I dont eat as much :) unless I try and cram a buncha food down

dissipate
01-10-2005, 09:19 AM
bacon cheeseburger........................... i miss that...

twcolabear
01-10-2005, 11:16 AM
dossipate where in asia are you? I know in taiwan there were a few American places like TGIfridays and somethign else that have "american" food.

I've been lazy the last 4 days, it was Russian Christmas, all I did was go to dinner parties. So if i was successful in loosing any weight i've gained it all back :) But I'm going bellydancing tonight, and maybe to gym afterwards, it depends on tomorrow's schedule.

guess where I am sitting right now?
I am waiting to see if i get picked or let go for jury duty, i'm hoping to go home ofcourse, no matter how fun this is, i don't want to be here :)

Focused70
01-10-2005, 11:20 AM
2005 seems to be the year of WBB comebacks. First Patty and then now you.

I'm new here. Well, not really new, but new to you.

Have a :spam: cookie.

Stash

chops
01-10-2005, 12:56 PM
hey twcb,

is there a girl named elaine in your belly dancing group?

i had a jury summons last week too. luckily, i didn't have to go. i hate how they make you stand by and check back every day.

dissipate
01-12-2005, 05:47 AM
singapore! BK serves up turkey bacon cheeseburger... a few other places here too but i don't really want to eat bacon and fast food burgers hehe.

where are the workouts?!

Shane
01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Jury duty would suck. Tell them you're husbands a cop or you're a satanist or something. That should get you out of it.

You should get chops into belly dancing.

Are you gonna do that feed lease or use your friend's horse?

P.S. I like the new avatar.

twcolabear
01-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Hi Soba thanks for spam :)
Chops-sorry, no one by the name of Elaine in my class
dissipate- I never got to go to singapore, but it is on my list of places to visit
Shane-I was able to leave by 12, they ran out of cases, and i never got called up, so I'm done until next year. I am still unsure about this horse deal yet, the neighbor was supposed to come to dinner, but didn't so now i have to call him.

Workouts:
bellydance on monday (1/10)
nothign since then, i haven't been feeling well, something wrong with my stomach, but hopefully i will feel better by the end of the week

twcolabear
01-14-2005, 02:51 AM
workout:
40min eliptical
20min bellydance practice

JustinF
01-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey girl. Long time no talk. Good to see you back in journal land. :)

ryuage
01-15-2005, 09:29 AM
you should video tape your bellydance sessions and post them up :)

twcolabear
01-17-2005, 12:09 AM
:hello: Hey Justin nice to see you in here
ryuage you are not the only one with that idea, Shane beat you to it ;)

workouts:
none in the past 2 days, still have bad stomach pains, but belly dancing tomorrow night, pain or no pain :)

getfit
01-17-2005, 02:27 AM
awww sorry to hear about stomach pains! i'm gonna have to call you bellydancing queen yaaaaaaaa! go girl!;)

dissipate
01-17-2005, 02:32 AM
ugh stomach pains. hope you're feeling better by now.

ryuage
01-17-2005, 07:20 AM
:withstupi

twcolabear
01-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys, I'm feeling slightly better but still not 100%
Getfit i'm going to take the title :) thanks
workout:
Bellydance- did some new moves as always, and then she made us dance without following after her, and i was so lost, all of a sudden everythign I knew went out the window but she said it's ok because we will be doing this sort of exercise more often now, so that by the end we will be able to dance solo :)

PizDoff
01-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Do you feel it has been for real this time?

twcolabear
01-19-2005, 02:19 AM
PizDoff- I feel it has been for real this time (minus the last 2 weeks)

I think I know why i've been feeling like crap, but I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what she says

workout: not much
100 crunches

getfit
01-19-2005, 02:39 AM
PizDoff- I feel it has been for real this time (minus the last 2 weeks)

I think I know why i've been feeling like crap, but I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what she says

workout: not much
100 crunches
:clap: 100 crunches! you go girl ;)

twcolabear
01-19-2005, 11:09 PM
thanks getfit :)
I found a horse I'm interested in tryingout. I went to ride him today for an hour, and he seems pretty well trained. So it looks like I will be able to ride 2x a week . YEY!

getfit
01-20-2005, 02:03 AM
thanks getfit :)
I found a horse I'm interested in tryingout. I went to ride him today for an hour, and he seems pretty well trained. So it looks like I will be able to ride 2x a week . YEY!
aww colab! i used to ride as well and had a few horses with my ex bf :)

twcolabear
01-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Hey Getfit- what kind of riding did you do? I do dressage :)
well I havn't been doing much lately just been playing with the horsie and doing crunches. School will start in a week, so I want to play before it starts again. I don't want to go back! oh well 2 more semesters and I'll have 2 degrees

dissipate
01-23-2005, 02:55 AM
2 more semesters and you'll be free from all the suffering in school! PLUS 2 degrees!

JustinF
01-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Wow, do I feel like a slacker! :redface:

Have fun in school, girl.

getfit
01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey Getfit- what kind of riding did you do? I do dressage :)
well I havn't been doing much lately just been playing with the horsie and doing crunches. School will start in a week, so I want to play before it starts again. I don't want to go back! oh well 2 more semesters and I'll have 2 degrees
I DID BOTH ENGLISH AND WESTERN dressage is great seen it but never done it! :)

twcolabear
01-25-2005, 02:15 AM
workout update:
did some weights 2 days ago, but I'm so tired right now I can't remember what I did
today: had too much work, so I had to miss bellydance class :( so sad
45min elliptical (hill climb setting)
20min treadmill-fast walk-not doing it again, I was so dizzy afterwards
20lunges
15sit-ups

Tomorrow: horsies!

getfit
01-25-2005, 02:24 AM
wooohooo colabear! horsies! me like your new avatar! :)

twcolabear
01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks Getfit, it took me a while to find it

Went riding today with the owner, it was fun because the horse was listening to me pretty good. Funny thing happened though, half way through our riding session the owner got on Rocky to show me what I'm doing so that I can have a view from the side, and he was misbehaving for her, so she said what ever I was doing I must have been doign it right because he liked it :) made my day

Not sure if I'll have enough energy to go to the gym as well, I'm pretty tired from riding

dissipate
01-25-2005, 11:16 PM
nice workouts! i'm pretty glad you're using weights!

twcolabear
01-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Yesterday(1/26/04)
Workout:
lat pull down 12x3(50)
bench press 12x2 (15) 12x1(20)
bicep curl 12x3(15)
overhead tricep curl 10x3(15)
various crunches 150

I need to start working on my diet, I haven't touched that at all. All in all though I'm feeling lazy, but I am going to drag myself to the gym tonight for cardio and then horsies tomorrow, yey! :)

DoUgL@S
01-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Your avatar is great. And very nice sessions both the weights and the vellydancing.

TTT
01-28-2005, 01:38 AM
I haven't read this for awhile. Looks like you're doing pretty well!
Sorry to hear about the stomach, do you think it might be food poisoning or something?
We used to have a horse on our farm too, but I didn't do any dressage or anything, just rode around. :)

twcolabear
01-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi Douglasmolina- welcome to my journal and thanks for reading :)
Hey TTT-so what happened to your horse? you ate it ? ;) Thanks for coming back and reading my journal, I am feeling much better now, it wasn't food poisening, it was because of the new "girls" pills, so my doc switched me to another one, so far so good.

Well I won over my laziness and made my self drive in the pouring rain to the gym. yey me!
20min stairmill (fat burn setting)- this one was hard, after 5 minutes I was running out of breath, originaly I wanted to do 40minutes on it, but was only able to make it through 20, I'll just slowly buildup to 40now.
30min stationary bike (random setting)

TTT
01-28-2005, 02:52 AM
Great going, pushing yourself to get to the gym! That's the kind of drive which will get you ahead!

As for the horse, we had to give it to our neighbours, because after awhile, no one rode her. I fell off and got a concussion (with lovely post-traumatic amnesia), and didn't do much riding after that.

twcolabear
01-28-2005, 02:56 AM
I fell off and got a concussion (with lovely post-traumatic amnesia), and didn't do much riding after that.
That sucks, sorry it happened to you, but that's why I'm a big supporter of helmets, and I never ride without one. And I had my share of falls too, but I had to get back on, I wasn't going to let my horses get the best of me. Glad you didnt' break anything though

twcolabear
01-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok this journal will also function to keep track of what I did with the horse, so if you are not interested you can skip this section :)
Friday
Rocky was freaking out, I think the wind and loud flapping of plastic tarps made him paranoid. He was really good on lunge line (walk, trot, canter), but when i came up to him to fix the sturps so I can ride him, and he started freaking out again, and I realized, not only was he scared of flapping plastic and wind, there was a woman making more noise with the tarps, and banging cans together. So to calm him down I walked him around to let him see that there was no monster in that corner, and nothing was going to eat him. Then did another 10 minutes of lungeing to calm him down. I got on him to just walk ride him, and he was still scared of something, so I decided not to push my luck and leave on a good note. Hope he will be better next time.

I guess I will have to go to the gym tonight, since I didn't get to really ride today

getfit
01-28-2005, 05:28 PM
awwwww nice colabear! awww horsies :)

chops
01-28-2005, 08:57 PM
hey girlie, good job on hitting the gym in spite of the rain! nice cardio session!

dissipate
01-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Well I won over my laziness and made my self drive in the pouring rain to the gym. yey me!
yey you! that plus 50 mins cardio - i'm proud of you!

twcolabear
02-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks girls!

well it went down hill from there, I went out of town for the weekend and so didn't workout at all.
today-bellydance!` :) we worked on upper nad lower body undulations, and wow it was painful on my lower back and some ab muscles, but it was a nice workout

getfit
02-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Thanks girls!

well it went down hill from there, I went out of town for the weekend and so didn't workout at all.
today-bellydance!` :) we worked on upper nad lower body undulations, and wow it was painful on my lower back and some ab muscles, but it was a nice workout
:clap:

twcolabear
02-06-2005, 09:56 PM
I've done nothing all week, bellydance was the only thing I've done all week. This week school and work started, so I was working out my schedule and not myself :)
I went snowboarding this weekend and I am so sore right now, it seems every muscle in my body hurts, but it is a good sore. I am thinking maybe I should learn how to ski because snowboarding really hurts my right knee, the pain was actually so great I thought I wasn't going to make it down the hill, but now it doesn't hurt anymore. Any idea why?

chops
02-06-2005, 11:39 PM
all this talk about bellydancing makes us want to see you belly dance! :)
don't know about the knee problem since i avoid snow sports. does it hurt everytime you snowboard?

TTT
02-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Sucks about the knee pain. But snowboarding and skiing are still awesome cardio workouts! Last time I headed up the ski fields, I swear I came back skinnier :)
Good work with the bellydancing too.
Oh, and as for the helmet, I actually was wearing one, and it was still on when I came back to the world. I think I would have been better off not wearing one actually, because the helmet was harder than the soft turf in our paddock :mad:

dissipate
02-07-2005, 06:24 AM
don't know about the knee problem since i avoid snow sports. does it hurt everytime you snowboard?
does it hurt also when you go up the stairs? or jump around?

have a good Chinese New Year :)

twcolabear
02-07-2005, 11:24 PM
新年快樂 to all :)

Chops and Dissipate- I think I was just twisting it too much when I was snowboarding, the only other time I know it hurt was when I used to do TaeKwonDo. It feels fine now.
TTT- snow sports are really good cardio

Today:
Bellydance-1-1.5hr, I'm getting there, today was actually not so confusing.

Usually we spend 30minutes watchign clips from old Egyptian movies so that we can see what real bellydancing looks like, but today the teacher also showed us some American dancers, and that was just depressing. It's amazing how great the difference is, and how horrible they are in comparison to real Egyptians.

chops
02-08-2005, 01:32 AM
belly dancing woohooo! do you use those little finger clapper thingys too?

we want to see your gym session,missy!

Shane
02-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Walk like an Egyptian...

getfit
02-08-2005, 02:00 AM
go belly dancing queen ! :)

twcolabear
02-08-2005, 10:44 AM
belly dancing woohooo! do you use those little finger clapper thingys too?

we want to see your gym session,missy!

We don't use the finger clapper thingys (zills) yet, the teacher said one of these days we will

I am planning on making it to the gym this weekend, but I still don't know I'm still working out my schedule, if anything I will be back at the gym bext week

Shane-you're silly

getfit :) thanks

twcolabear
02-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Well I didn't make it to the gym this week, but I almost all done working out my schedule.
Riding log:
2/10
Rocky was a pain in the butt! He had way too much excess energy and was getting spooked at everything. I spent more time calming him down than actually enjoying my ride. He seems to think that a car, or people talking or some giant monster in the dark is going ot get him. I was so frustrated,so after 30-40min I quit.

2/12
I was prepared for a battle today. I lunged him pretty good, and although he had a few spooks, he was pretty good. Afterwards I got on him, and all he wanted to do was go go go, so I let him. We cantered and trotted a lot and he was actually really well behaved. only time he was gettign all spooky and misbehaving was when we were walking. The owner of the stable said we look really good :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/askanni/DSC00181.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/askanni/DSC00173.jpg
not the best pic ever, but in case you wonder what this Rocky looks like :)

getfit
02-13-2005, 02:25 AM
cola the pics are great! awwwwww i wish i was riding again! :)

TTT
02-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Nice horse. And rider :)

JustinF
02-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Nice pics, girl.

:spam:

dissipate
02-14-2005, 05:35 AM
your posture looks great in the pics! nice!

Shane
02-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Careful. Arabs are usually a little fiesty. Maybe that's why I like them.

twcolabear
02-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you all liked the blurry pictures

well this week has been nusts, so this is the update for the past week
Monday-Bellydance (2/14)
That was a nice workout
Riding (2/20)
Had a good ride, Rocky was sane that day, but the owner says it was because she worked him hard the night before.

Going to the stables in an hour, so we'll see how he's going to be today. It's so hard to find time to go to the gym, ugh, I need to go :(

TTT
02-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Just go!! :)
At least you're getting some good exercise though.

getfit
02-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Just go!! :)
At least you're getting some good exercise though.
:withstupi nice bellydancing cola! i miss riding can't wait till it gets warmer will be going from time to time! i miss those trail rides! :)

twcolabear
02-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey Getfit, go riding as soon as you can, it's a great way to relief stress :)

This week was worse than the last one! I couldn't even go my dance class because of a school porject.
There is a horse show this weekend I'm going to do, so I practiced on thursday, and going again tomorrow. Rocky looks so cute in my dressage saddle, unfortunately I can't use it all the time, because it doean't fit him well, but I have to use it for the show, so hopefully he won't act up because he's uncomfortable in it.
Wish me luck :)

getfit
02-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey Getfit, go riding as soon as you can, it's a great way to relief stress :)

This week was worse than the last one! I couldn't even go my dance class because of a school porject.
There is a horse show this weekend I'm going to do, so I practiced on thursday, and going again tomorrow. Rocky looks so cute in my dressage saddle, unfortunately I can't use it all the time, because it doean't fit him well, but I have to use it for the show, so hopefully he won't act up because he's uncomfortable in it.
Wish me luck :)
COLA I PLAN TO THIS SPRING :)

TTT
02-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Good luck!!

twcolabear
02-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks TTT

Long update on the horse show:

Well the show is over, and I got 2 6th places, and 1 5th place. Not too bad considering that I have only been riding this horse for a month, and I havn't done a competition in over 4 years. Rocky was good except that in each class that we did he freaked out at least once. In the first class he freaked out because the horse in front of him did the same. in the second class he got a little "crazy" and i had to bring him back when some pony decided to run up his butt, but everyone says it was a good save. then in the third class he spooked over rian/wind/something scary in the puddle. But I think we should have got better placement because the is a dressage test, and half the horses in the ring were not collected, and were not listening to their riders. I (and many others, including the owner of the stable) think the judge was partial to certain horses. Because Rocky was excelent with another rider in a different class and he didn't even get placed! (he later got 4th place in another class with that rider, but i think he should have been higher) I was so mad, he had perfect collection, and obeyed all cues without a problem. The owner of the stable told me that she was very dissapointed in this judge, and won't use her again. This judge kept picking the same 3 horses for the top 3 places in every class, so she must have had a personal dislike for Arabians.
Oh well, it was a fun day all the same, and I am SO sore right now. my guess is that I was already tense and when Rocky was acting up, i'd tense up even more and strained my muscles. On the plus side I now know what we need to work on, and can prepare for the next show better, there is one in 2 weeks, and if we aren't doign that one, there in another one in April.
Bring it on! :)

Shane
02-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Congratulations Anna. :)

getfit
02-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks TTT

Long update on the horse show:

Well the show is over, and I got 2 6th places, and 1 5th place. Not too bad considering that I have only been riding this horse for a month, and I havn't done a competition in over 4 years. Rocky was good except that in each class that we did he freaked out at least once. In the first class he freaked out because the horse in front of him did the same. in the second class he got a little "crazy" and i had to bring him back when some pony decided to run up his butt, but everyone says it was a good save. then in the third class he spooked over rian/wind/something scary in the puddle. But I think we should have got better placement because the is a dressage test, and half the horses in the ring were not collected, and were not listening to their riders. I (and many others, including the owner of the stable) think the judge was partial to certain horses. Because Rocky was excelent with another rider in a different class and he didn't even get placed! (he later got 4th place in another class with that rider, but i think he should have been higher) I was so mad, he had perfect collection, and obeyed all cues without a problem. The owner of the stable told me that she was very dissapointed in this judge, and won't use her again. This judge kept picking the same 3 horses for the top 3 places in every class, so she must have had a personal dislike for Arabians.
Oh well, it was a fun day all the same, and I am SO sore right now. my guess is that I was already tense and when Rocky was acting up, i'd tense up even more and strained my muscles. On the plus side I now know what we need to work on, and can prepare for the next show better, there is one in 2 weeks, and if we aren't doign that one, there in another one in April.
Bring it on! :)

:bow: :clap: great going girl! congrats!

TTT
02-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Well it sounds like the judge wasn't too cool, and you're not too happy. But hey, if you have a decent judge next time, you'll kick ass for sure :)

BTW, soreness from riding doesn't constitute an excuse for not going to the gym :D

twcolabear
02-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys!
actually i'm not really mad about my placement, I am more mad about the placement of my friend :)

Bellydance today
I was sore, but nothing I couldn't handle. We worked on shimmies(butt shaking) and that was a nice sweaty workout :) and we danced a whole song, so it was a really nice class

getfit
03-01-2005, 01:34 AM
nice going cola! sweat is a good thing! :)

twcolabear
03-04-2005, 11:55 PM
well let's see......not much going on with me

Horses: Havn't had time to ride all week.
wed and friday I lunged Rocky, and he was good with that, so now I will have to ride him this weekend.

I also felt lazy, but I did 200 various crunches today, yey me! ;)

twcolabear
03-08-2005, 12:52 AM
3/6/05 Riding
Rocky hasn't been ridden in a couple of days, so he had way too much energy, and as a result was super spooky and ill tempered.
I lunged him(that's making him run around a circle on a leash) and he seemed to have calmed down, but when i got on him, he started not listening to me, trying ot get away from me, and rearing up. I actually got his mane in my mouth, but I didn't fall off. So naturally being pissed off, I got off and lunged him some more, and he finally began to calm down again. So I got on him, and he was going ok, but the owner thought that he could use a tune up so she asked this one girl to ride him and bring him to order ( this girl is not scared of anything, so maybe that's why they listen to her) Anyways I rode him some more after that and everything was fine. then the owner got on him to try out the new saddle and practice the dressage test, but Rocky was a total pain, and after a while reared up and made her fall off, good thing she wasn't hurt. Ofcourse we had to work him so more, so he doesn't think that he can get away from working by rearing. But all in all it was a really nice day, and it was warm and sunny.

3/7
I actaully made it to the gym today, but on the way there I had to stop at a store and got a parking ticket, because I didn't realize it was street cleaning. Seriously how is it possible that when I pulled up to the store the whole street was full of cars, 5minutes later when i came out of the store, my car was the only one parked on the street within 4 blocks and getting a ticket!
At the gym I was able to find a trainer and have him take my body fat, so that was more bad news. the good news is I got a nice workout and had sushi for dinner.
Workout:
30 min elliptical-hill climb setting
1hr bellydance

getfit
03-08-2005, 02:44 AM
everything looking and sounding good cola! :)

twcolabear
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks getfit

3/9/05
I RAN a couple of blocks and did 4x20 of crunches.

3/10/05
20min on stairmaster (var. setting)
lat pull down 60lbs 10, 8,8
Shoulder press 20lbs 10, 6,5,4 (weak!)
chest press 20lbs 10, 8,8
practice some bellydance moves

I went during the peak hour, so it was extremely crowded, i think from now on i'll stick to going late at night

twcolabear
03-15-2005, 08:42 PM
3/12/05
30min elliptical (var setting)
got a trainer, so i will start with him next week

twcolabear
03-15-2005, 08:45 PM
3/12/05
30min elliptical (var setting)
got a trainer and will start with him at the end of next week
3/14/05:
Bellydance 1.5hrs -hip circles. when we were done my thighs and lower back were in pain.
3/15/05
Workout:
25min elliptical (cardio setting)
3x20 crunches
3x7 lat pulldown (60lb) weak!

I hanv't been to see my horse and ride all last week, i hope this week won't be as busy and i can go riding.

TTT
03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Nice going on all those workouts. Horse sounds like a b@stard, hehe. :) But they do that, I guess. My friend had that happen to him on a regular basis.

Canadian Crippler
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Wait a second... haven't I seen you somewhere? :D

twcolabear
03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
TTT thanks, yeah horses are so tempermental and some are worse than others, jsut like men ;)

Canadian Crippler-i have no idea what you are talking about :) just kidding

TTT
03-15-2005, 09:45 PM
TTT thanks, yeah horses are so tempermental and some are worse than others, jsut like men ;)

:evillaugh

twcolabear
03-17-2005, 10:17 PM
oooh TTT is mad

Super busy, it's midterm time and taxes time :(

Workout for today, would you belive i went twice?:
AM: 30min stationary bike
PM:20min Elliptical, 30min bellydance practice

TTT
03-18-2005, 09:07 PM
NICE!

No, I wasn't mad, I thought it was funny! That's an 'evil laugh' smiley....

twcolabear
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
No, I wasn't mad, I thought it was funny! That's an 'evil laugh' smiley....
oh ok "evil smily" I'll keep that in mind :)

Friday I met with the trainer and he gave me a diet plan. Following that this weekend didn't really work, but on the plus side I can talk to him tomorrow about it
Today I went riding, finally! only half an hour on the horse, but it's ok, we did a lot of transitions and cantered around a lot. And he wasn't a complete pia.

Tomorrow-first day with a trainer, i think i will be in pain

getfit
03-21-2005, 01:38 AM
haven't been around your journal in awhile cola! riding is going well from what i see! :)

TTT
03-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Pain, glorious pain....
Hope it goes well for ya.

twcolabear
03-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey Getfit and TTT, it's been a while since i've posted here last, but i guess i will have to try to post more often

Had my first session witha trainer today. It went pretty good, we only got through half the workout, because he took his time explaining everything, but I think next time we might be able to finish it.
Today i did:
stretch 15min
crunches 13x3
bridging 13x3
plank x2
lateral lunge with shoulder press (10lbs)
push up 13
elliptical 20min high intensity