PDA

View Full Version : SW Unchained

Pages : [1] 2 3

SW
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Lifting really hard now. Heavy, increased weight per set pl type **** now. Mission: Get as strong as God and my genetics deem possible.

My muscles kill from this week's workout. You will notice my sets will not be as structured and precise as last time because it caused me to go into the weightroom thinking "I HAVE to do this" and if I didn't do it I felt like **** and hated myself later for being weak. I'm still gonna be hard on myself though. Good motivation.

I haven't been on for the last 3-4 weeks because I'm a busy guy, working and being top seeded varsity on the highschool bowling team, I see top 5 in state this year. Strange combo, I know. Powerlifter and bowler. Both as passion.

I hunger for strength. It's an uncontrolable urge I have now. I don't care about being cut, I don't care about looks, I don't care about size. Strength is all there is for me in the weightroom. All I want.

2 day pl style split now guys. Lifting mondays and thursdays. Bowling practice tues and wed, sometimes fri for varsity now. This week I will do legs tomorrow, monday. That's it for 2 weeks because of christmas break and I won't be able to get into the weightroom. Can't control that.

This journal will be for my reference, your suggestions and for asking me questions about why in the Hell I just did/said that. Comment freely though guys. Later.......

ryuage
12-19-2004, 06:03 PM
good luck, I use to be a bowler myself :)

SW
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM
RYUAGE: Wouldn't trade it for the world man.

Today

I had to get home quick because my grandpa needed help outside. So I only did a few quick sets of squats, but with like 30 seconds in between sets so it was brutal. Short, but brutal. ATF squats.

135x5
225x4
275x4
275x4

Was actually breathing hard by 3rd set, kinda like a speed workout.

SW
01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Christmas break was over, then we missed an entire week of school due to ice and snow, that's iowa for ya. I also can't go to school tomorrow or the next day, i'm sure because it's freezing rain right now and more of that + snow to come. Some **** guys.

So today was first chance to lift, I took it. Upper body

Bench
135x5
185x4
225x5
235x4

Deadlift
135x5
225x4
275x4

Tricep extension
160x5
180x5
190x5

Db curls
45'sx5
55'sx5

Ran outta time had to go, wanted to do more on curls.

I have a problem with blood in stool after deads now, it's in gen. health and it depends on what gets said in there if I will try deads for a couple of months. Otherwise workout felt good, wanted to get some rows and low lat pulldowns in but that's how she goes.

SW
01-11-2005, 06:49 AM
As usual, I feel like I was beaten by the mafia today. If it's above my waist, and below my neck it hurts. Winter weather really bad. 2 hour delay for school today. No school all last week. I know there'll be no school tomorrow. Freezing rain and snow tonight. So I'm hoping I get to lift when I want to, that's either thurs. or fri. That'll be lower body and I'll be doing Squats, Hack squats and Standing calf raises w/ bb.

I would normally do Legpress, but hauling all of those 45's from everywhere in the weightroom is such a time consuming hassle, I don't think it's worth it.

Chubrock
01-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Ya gotta love the feeling of bein beat the hell up lol. You've got some nice strength man.

SW
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks man. That feeling is pretty great. Lets you know you didn't waste an hour of your life playing with iron lol. How's everything going with you? I saw the pictures, definite improvements going on there.

SW
01-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Hehehe, no school. Ice, glorious ice!

Chubrock
01-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Yea I feel ya. I'm doin' pretty good. Got a little stressed out there for awhile about making improvements/not making improvements, but now I'm back and ready for some pain lol.

SW
01-13-2005, 05:44 PM
No longer sore. Ate 4 grilled cheese sandwiches, 2 medium pork steaks, several crackers with peanut butter on them, 1 bigassed baked potato, drank 2 glasses of milk, almost 2 liters of docter pepper, and 3 glasses of orange juice today.

Not too bad of a diet, coulda done without the pop and eaten 2-3 banannas, but hell, it's nothing major. Man, I worked outside (wind chill about -20 and plenty of it) 5 hours today and burned 1,000,000 calories ;) it felt like. Tired right now as is, and I will have school tomorrow and will do legs. Will do squats (light) to see if there's any blood. My grandmother made the observation that I only tell her there's blood in the toilet for 1 crap the day I hit the weights after I haven't for a while. Could be truth to it. No blood exept for the 1 time after I deadlifted monday.

PizDoff
01-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Powerlifter + bowler = shot putting your way to strikes

SW
01-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Lol the though has crossed my mind. I haven't had practice all week because of the ice. I also don't have school today, so I can't lift. See why I make no gains?????? :soapbox:

SW
01-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Worked alot outside today to make up for school being closed and no weightroom available. Split wood 2 hours, did chores 2 hours. Several degress below zero today, with wind making frostbite quick and painful. Ears kinda hurt :)

cphafner
01-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Good luck with the new journal. You need to get strong enough that you can turn the pins to dust by ripping the ball.

SW
01-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Lol yeah but I don't think that'd go over well with the officials ;) Be pretty sweet though. I bowled in my YABA league and have to be at a tournament at 2:30 today. In YABA I bowled 175, 194 and 189 (decent). Crappy lane conditions, better in tournament. I feel better from that 1 lifting session last week. I think I'll step it up and bench 2 times per week now. High volume used to do wonders for me. Combined with newbie gains of course ;)

SW
01-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Ate well today. Did regular chores. Have school tomorrow and will do upper body, excluding deads. Hopefully no snow to interfere with lifitng mon and fri this week.

SW
01-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Did upper body today. Left out deads. Curls, Seated rows and Tricep ext only warmup sets due to time.

Bench
155x5
225x3
250x3
250x3

Low-lat pulldowns, stack only goes to 180 so rigging it up is an enterprise. Think 45's and pins laying everywhere.
180x5
270x5
305x5
360x5
415x5

Last 3 sets I had to have someone push my shoulders down so I wouldn't be doing wide grip chin ups lol.

Seated rows
270x5
270x5

Db curls
45'sx5
45'sx5

Tricep ext.
180x5
190x5

No time for db flys even though I only warmed up on the last 3 exercises.

Chubrock
01-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Damn SW, very nice session. Bench is looking quite strong, and them low lat pulldowns are insane.

cphafner
01-17-2005, 05:28 PM
strong looking workout. That is some heavy benching. We got a couple of inches of snow here in NY, where are you at?

SW
01-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Chub: Thanks man, My lats and traps kill already and are stiff lol. Had to stretch some, my body is telling me I've hit a new high in stressing it and it's pissy lol.

cp: Thanks for the compliment. I'm in southern IA and it's been snowing and iceing here like hell for 2 weeks. Not counting today, in the 2 weeks we were supposed to have school we've had 2 school days out of 10 possible. Hehehe, pretty sweet exept for the making it up in the sunny summer part.

No chores today, as I had school (strange, ain't it?). Grandpa said it's times like that he truely misses me lol.

SW
01-18-2005, 06:32 AM
School today with bowling practice afterwards.

SW
01-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Ate well, bowled well. I told a friend about my low lat pulldowns in a class and a teacher/coach overheard it and he's a pompous, buff mofo. He's on advacare. He told me I must've been exaggrating. I told him he's wrong. He still doesn't believe me. Maybe it's more than he can do, I don't know. He might feel threatened by me being younger and more natural (no supplements, or gear) and needed to **** on my total. **** him.

JTyrell710
01-18-2005, 07:54 PM
well for those of you above ~13% bf, your muscles aren't defined and to most dumb people, that means your clearly not strong... (in regards to your teacher/coach person saying you cant do what you claimed)

and btw, after looking at your lifts, i've come to the conclusion that pounds must be a whole lot lighter in iowa, if i move there, il be benchin 300 in no time

SW
01-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Lol sounds like you want my strength, but you have what I want too, your bf %. I would love to have that, but that would be a helluva cut. You're right, I'm big but not alot of muscle definition, which is a common thing in pl'ers. Maybe he doesn't know that.

SW
01-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Getting ready for school. Will do lower body on friday. Practice after school.

SW
01-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll be having school on friday due to freezing rain. I hope we do, or else I won't be able to do lower body :( :( :( But next week I'll be having weightlifting for pe and some other thing with it too. Bowling I think :) . Yep, we actually bowl at the bowling alley in pe sometimes. My 2 passions in one!!!!!! Bowled a 200 and a 217 tonight. Damn I feel strong right now.

Chubrock
01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Just walk to school and break into the school gym lol. Tell the cops when they show up that the crew from WBB put ya up to it.

JTyrell710
01-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll be having school on friday due to freezing rain. I hope we do, or else I won't be able to do lower body :( :( :( But next week I'll be having weightlifting for pe and some other thing with it too. Bowling I think :) . Yep, we actually bowl at the bowling alley in pe sometimes. My 2 passions in one!!!!!! Bowled a 200 and a 217 tonight. Damn I feel strong right now.

alright, while i go to school with sub0 wind chill, i have to know what the hell is up with the weather where you live, freezing rain?? haven't they heard of snow?.. and damn a week is a whole lotta school to miss because of weather..

comparing PE classes.. bowling and weightlifting are awesome, they sure beat yoga (my school)

SW
01-20-2005, 04:10 PM
J: Yoga sucks.

Chub: Lol don't tempt me.

AdmiralDan
01-20-2005, 04:22 PM
don't worry if you miss a couple days. you are young enough that it won't kill you. anyway, enjoy the time off. i always wished that school would be cancelled so i could stay home and play video games and be a lazy a**

SW
01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
^^ Lol I don't play much on those days, the old man(grandpa) has lots of work lined up those days....coincidently. So I spend lots of time burning calories anyway. :) Good I guess. I think I will have school tomorrow, rain will stay mostly north of us towards Des Moines. So tomorrow I think I'll do lower body, but I'll also do some upper as well. I feel I can handle it as my full strength returned yesterday (I can just tell) and hey, why miss the opportunity? Plus I just have to hit those low lat pulldowns again ;)

SW
01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh and J, this much freezing rain is pretty unusual for this area, but blizzards and a couple week stretches of sub0 weather isn't. Just strange really.

SW
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
In school right now, but probably won't be able to post my workout because I'll be at my mom's and she doesn't have theinternet hooked up yet. Will do best to get it posted when I can. It's expected to be my best workout yet.

SW
01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
This is what I did friday. It was supposed to be a lower body thing but My upper felt great, so I did some of that.

Bench
135x5
225x3
255x3
255x3 pr

Low lat pulldowns
180x5
270x5
340x5
360x5
425x5 pr
445x1, was just getting full range of motion and the ****ing pulley snapped and weights went everywhere. I just sat there for a minute, and everything humanly related in the weightroom stopped. The guy holding me down froze. I got up and got a drink.

After picking up said weights and going to an identical but functional machine,

Seated rows
180x5
270x5
315x5
315x5 pr

ATF squat
135x5
225x3
275x5 pr
275x1 was after 5 but an old injury started to act up again in my knee, it hasn't bothered me in several months. Maybe I hit the squat too hard, haven't squatted like this since that big layoff I had. Now everything is starting to be like it was. Or should be.

Forgot to do some crunches, will do some soon. Upper body again tomorrow, hope I don't break that other machine.

EDIT: Fogot teh ****ing tricep extensions. 180x5 190x5

SW
01-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Forgot to mention why I didn't do standing calf raises w/ bar. The knee thing came up and I didn't want to press it.

AdmiralDan
01-23-2005, 05:49 PM
nice session especaially with all the prs. what is the low lat pulldown? i've never heard of it

SW
01-23-2005, 05:58 PM
I will try to explain it. You know the pulley machine with the bar at one end and a stack of weights at the other? Like a pec deck in regard to the stack? Well it has a bolt in it so you can select your weight. Our stack goes to a sad 180. So I steal bolts from other machines to rig this thing up and hang 45's and **** all over it.

You get on one knee in front of the machine, the bar hanging above your head. You reach up and grab the bar (shoulder width grip is popular here) and pull it down to your chin or just under.

If anybody can explain it better (I hope their is 'cause this is the best I got) plz do.

cphafner
01-23-2005, 07:28 PM
damn that is a nice effort. 255 on bench for reps is sweet!

SW
01-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Wondering if I should bench tomorrow or do Low lats. I don't think the lats are in order ( supreme effort friday and some stiffness below right blade tell me this), but bench, tri ext, db curl, crunches, bench leg lifts, and about 10 minutes of cardio are in order.

SW
01-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Lifting today. Will report back when I get home. Upper. Everything feels pretty healed from friday. We'll see.

galileo
01-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Grats on all of the pr's will. You're moving along nicely.

Chubrock
01-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Nice lookin' **** on bench man. AWESOME job destroying the lat pulldowns lol. Classic, just classic.

SW
01-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks Gal, nice to hear from ya.

Chub, thanks to you too, bench is my favorite exercise. Yeah, today they said they were having someone in to fix that machine.

Upper

Bench
135x5
225x5
260x3
260x3 That would be 15lbs gain in 2 sets of 3 bench in 3 sessions, or 1 week, last set was pie. pr

Db curl
45'sx5
55'sx5
55'sx5 pr

Tricep ext.
150x5
180x5
200x5
200x5 pr

Db flys
20'sx5
25'sx5
25'sx5 useless to put pr here as I've just started them seriously today.

No back work today, I want to give it a full rest to rip some **** up friday on Lowlat pulldowns and seated rows. I figured out why I torqued my knee friday. Let my knees go out past my feet when going ATF, may have to start parallel. All around very good workout, pr's died everywhere.

SW
01-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh, and forgot to mention I forgot to do my cardio. Damn that sounded stupid lol.

AdmiralDan
01-24-2005, 06:40 PM
nice session. especially decimating those pr's

SW
01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks Dan, I'll try to keep this going as long as I can. But I tell ya that last set of bench was pie.

Going for 265x3,x3 friday. Should get it. If I keep adding these 5lbs to my sets, and keep on being succesfull, I'll be doing 275x3,x3 by friday after next! Sounds nuts, even to me, but **** it I'm gonna DO it. I've finally broken out of this post layoff rut and back on track, nothing's going to keep me away from this....happiness. It's euphoric seeing all of this ball busting amounting to something other than pain the next day. I will push myself hard. I really have an insatiable need for power and strength. Lust for self improvement.

SW
01-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Not sore. At all today. I can't believe it. I can't tell I lifted. Strange, as I've been doing the best lifting of my life the past week.

Chubrock
01-25-2005, 05:58 AM
DAMN bro, quite a nice workout there. Bench is lookin swweeeett. You'll get 275 without even flinchin next week.

SW
01-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Thanks Chub, I'll do it. No try. 3 sessions from now. I like the bench myself.

SW
01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Muscles not hurt at all. Strange.

cphafner
01-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Do you do anything but bench? Bench is looking real strong!

SW
01-25-2005, 10:06 PM
CP: Thanks bro, it's my favorite lift and I just have a love for it. That and low lats.

I've made the decision I will join track this year. Shot put and discus are in order.

SW
01-26-2005, 06:04 AM
I just got some quote about creatine from atlarge and will give it to my friend, as he wants to know about it. He wants to know if the stuff works better than drugstore creatine. Does it?

AdmiralDan
01-26-2005, 06:26 AM
aren't all creatines the same thing but with different labels?

SW
01-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Admiral, maybe, I don't really know.

MAD. Long story short, little ****er on varsity bowling team that causes trouble within the team got put in his place tonight, by me. 4 of my closest friends stopped him from going to the hospital by piling on me. I went for him after his last mouthy remark pushed me over the edge, I am tired of his bull**** and trying to destroy a team that has a shot at a high state placing. He's five feet 2, 130lbs. I'm 5 10', 245lbs. Also 10 times stronger than his puny ass. He fights bad, I fight very well so I don't have to do it often.

He is leaving the team, mark me. I am pretty much the leader of our team and they all agreed to make his life hell, as he's made theirs. He's in for a fun day tomorrow.....

Will lift friday. Possibly tomorrow. I ran some today and my left knee kinda hurts, so squats will be light.

cphafner
01-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Drop your ball on his foot, that will take him out for a few weeks.

SW
01-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Or have some people hold him down and kick him in the sack repeatedly, man I hate this guy.

SW
01-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Saw the little ****er in the bathroom today after one of my friends said he'd overheard him saying osmething to the effect he could kick my ass if he tried. So I walked up to him and said "Hey ****stain" and slammed my crumpled paper towel in his face and walked away.

Starting from now on, I will be playing basketball every thursday after school for 30-45 min. No cortisol breakdown, but good aerobic exercise. It will be with 2 of my best friends at one of their churches. I did it tonight and it was great. Damn near killed me, but it was great. It's the small aerobics I was looking for to keep my resting heart rate down and improve my cardiovascular system. IMO PLing and getting lots of mass is a dumb idea if you don't also improve your cardiovascular health. Will lift tomorrow. UPPER AND LOWER. Probably light squats (said knee torque).

Very personal note. My dog I've had for 14 1/2 years (got him when I was 2 1/2 dissapeared today. He wasn't feeling well and when my grandpa let him outside he never came back. They spent all day looking for him and couldn't find him. When I got home and found out I freaked and went outside for 1/2 hour in the freezing cold without much on and bawled my ass off looking for him. It's like the loss of a family member. I was as close as man and dog can get to him. I'm very, very sad. He's dead, I feel it but he's with God and he can see perfectly and hear perfectly, and he doesn't hurt anymore. I loved that dog with everything. Can't quit crying, I feel like a child.

SW
01-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Training for track starts today. A few speed building exercises will help me with shot and discus. Here's how she works:

UPPER
Bench
Power cleans
Good mornings
Low-lat pulldowns
Seated rows
Db curl

I really like this combo.

LOWER
Zerchers
Box squat
Standing calf raises with bar + weight

I will be doing this up untill and through track season, maybe longer. I have been and still will be going on a bulking diet of sorts. All the food I can stand that's protein loaded or just good for me. Water, milk, some pop :) I think this sounds good, thoughts?

SW
01-28-2005, 08:43 AM
My Grandpa Found My Dog By The Creek!!!! He's Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Covered With Sticks, Burrs And ****, But Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW
01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Lifted after school. Incorporated some of those explosive movements. Didn't have time for good mornings, I did 2 light sets and also because of the aerobic basketball of last night, my ENTIRE right side hurts, from below lats to forearms and tops of arms. Soreness hampered some lifts.

Bench
135x5
225x3
265x3
265x5 rprpprprprprprprpr HELL YEAH! Pushed to 3 on second set and kept goin'!!!!

Box squat (1st time)
135x5
225x5
275x5
275x5 easy going for 300 next time, that should challenge me quite well.

Standing calf raises w/ barbell 135x10

Low-lat pulldowns
270x5
340x5
410x5
410x5 My right lat just wouldn't kick in, no pr today :( NEXT TIME

Seated rows
270x5
340x5
340x5 prprprprpr believe it or not, I almost couldn't. This blows my old pr out of the water and into space. Misplaced weights the first 340 set. Thought, damn this is heavy. Looked and I'll be son of a bitch it was 340! So I went full bore the second set and GOT IT! Made up for the lousy low lats.

Db curl
45'sx5
55'sx5
55'sx3 Damn my arms were beat as hell just couldn't pull through on those.

No time to try zerchers today. Also ran short enough to not do decent good morning sets (1st time as well, I think it'll be fun). Shot put, here I come.

SW
01-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Also no time for power cleans :(

SW
01-28-2005, 07:08 PM
That kid waved at me today. I waved back, with my middle finger up.

I feel it should be stated that I just consumed 4 protein filled medium steaks with mashed potatoes, ranch dressing and 2 cups of milk. Just drank 1 glass of orange juice and finised off my sierra mist (good stuff). Will drink some diet coke soon, out of milk and orange juice will burn my ass if I drink too much. Yes, I'm sure you're estatic now that you know that.

Chubrock
01-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Beat the hell out of that dumbass. No place for dip****s. Great news on ya dog man. Bench is lookin sweet bro, and that split looks pretty damn good. I WILL catch you on squats though. Don't let up, cuz I'm gunnin for ya.

cphafner
01-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Ah the evil side of SW is coming out! Strong workout. I think I need to go eat me some steak!

SW
01-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Chub: Thanks, and know that I'm takin' off with those squats and never looking back ;) Oh and I thought of a quote that fits what I'd say to this guy "Put your soul in the hands of the Lord, because your ass belongs to me" -Shawshank Redemption hehehehheh

CP: I can be a bastard to those who **** with me. He somehow seems to want to put this behind us. We can. After I find him outside of school and bowling.....
But anyway, I've been laying into the meat, gorging on it as much as I can. I think it's helping alot. My bench keeps going up every time I lift (twice a week!) and all I'm doing is getting at least 7 hrs sleep, eating all protein around me, and PLing. Determined as **** to see this streak through. 270 easy monday :strong: :strong: And the thing is, I FEEL stronger and more confident than I ever have in the weightroom, so it's maybe a mental thing. No mercy on the weights monday.

SW
01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh and Sparkey (dog) is doing great :thumbup:

SW
01-29-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm a very very sore. I should be awarded a medal for stretching lol. Also, when I cough, my right lat feels like it's been through a knife throwing contest...it being the target and the weights pretty good knifethrowers.

SW
01-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Back hurts half as bad as it did yesterday. Good, because it's getting hammered again tomorrow. On a good note, the tournament we had yesterday (we won handily) was great because the entire team (yes, even me and ****face) pulled together and we kicked ass!

SW
01-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Ok, a little simplification of the workout, I've changed it a little. NO split upper and lower done on same day ( I only get 2 days a week to lift), same as always, but I'm dropping low lats. It just takes longer to put the weights on than to lift the **** so **** it. I also don't want anybody (including myself) hurt when I'm doing 450x5x5 and the ****er busts loose (cord this time) and seriously hurts somebody.

UPPER
Bench
Power cleans
Good mornings
Seated rows
Db curl

LOWER
Box squats
Standing calf raises w/ bb
Zerchers

I'll be a strong, quick mofo on this ****! Starts tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MixmasterNash
01-30-2005, 03:14 PM
I suggest you combine activities and shot put the punk kid down the lane for a strike.

Workouts are looking strong but when is the weight going over your head? Get to it!

Canadian Crippler
01-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Your sessions are looking very strong, good job on the prprprprprprprprprpr's, whatever that means ;).

Again, thanks for the help with the routine!

SW
01-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Nash: yes sir! Hiting the weightroom tomorrow.

Canadian: Thanks man, I get exited as hell about pr's. You're welcome dude.

cphafner
01-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Bench keeps progessing nicely!

SW
01-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Thank you cp.

SW
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Today I decided to cut zerchers. Didn't have time to try them after 1 hour, so I don't think I need to do them. Box squats are lower today because the other time I did them I was using the high box, today I used one several inches shorter. Cuts down on the weight you can use, let me TELL you.

Bench
135x5
225x3
270x3
270x3 pr

Box squat (now with little box)
135x5
225x5
225x5 whew different story with this box

Power cleans (first time)
135x5
155x5
155x3 holy **** these take alot out of you

Seated rows
180x5
225x3
315x3
345x5
345x5 pr man I had to pull my ass off for that last set

Good mornings
155x5
155x5 these rock

Db flys
25'sx5
30'sx5
30'sx5 pr may as well say pr, best I've done on'em.

Laid on bench, gripped bar and did FROM leg lifts 2x10

After this I was beat as hell, but very satisfied with the effort I had to put forth. Forgot to do standing calf raises w/ bb but will do some soon w/o bb lol.

After this (took almost an hour) I went to a friend's church and 7 of us played basketball for 45 min. I will be doing this twice a week, mon and thurs to keep in decent cardiovascular condition. Ease the strain on my heart. Plus it's fun.

SW
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh and to Hell with db curls, I hate'em. lol.

SW
01-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Tonight I've eaten everything in sight and will eat more later. Beef sticks, some bannana fudge sicles (f'in awesome) and a michelina (microwavable meal, mmmmm). Plus 3 tall glasses of milk. Will try to eat more, I feel stuffed.

Chubrock
01-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Damn bro great workout. Bench and Squats lookin SWWWEEEETT. Wish I could compete with ya, but looks like I'll take your advice and rest up.

AdmiralDan
01-31-2005, 07:53 PM
jesus man, another pr on bench. you are a monster. when will it stop?

SW
02-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Andrew: I know man it sucks to rest, but we both know it's gotta be done. Thanks for good remarks :)

Admiral: Thanks bro, I don't know when it'll stop but I'm going full throttle on it. My last year's max (before a forced summer layoff, bad sleep all summer due to working, and a strength killing not-done-right cut that was almost all muscle) I was benching 300. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be very hard right now. I'm gonna keep it up untill I absolutely CAN'T push no more. I think I'm keeping diet, sleep etc. in check and working hard, I think this is just pay off from it.

I kill from yesterday's workout, it's done me in lol. Sore as a mother. Damn, it's just half the fun of lifting.

SW
02-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh and rows have become difficult to stay in good form with, so I'll have 1 person stand on each of my feet while I do'em. I don't want to be rowing and **** myself all up.

SW
02-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Hungry.............

cphafner
02-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Hungry.............

I just ate some meatloaf for ya :evillaugh

SW
02-02-2005, 05:42 AM
^^ I despise meatloaf anyway lol but don't feel sorry for me, because I eat all the time. Mostly good stuff. Mostly ;)

Chubrock
02-02-2005, 07:26 AM
1,2 Andrew's comin for you......3,4 ya betta lock your doors...... hahaha

I'm going to take Chris Mason's advice and start squatting heavy 4 days a week until my shoulder heals enough to get back into upperbody ****. If ya ain't careful, while that bench is so much higher than mine, that squat of yours just might be in danger lol.

SW
02-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh and I can't work out friday because I have extra bowling practice. This leaves room for Andrew to get closer...and closer lol. I'm gonna hit that box squat HARD next time I lift. Just because of ol' Chubrock ;)

Chubrock
02-02-2005, 01:09 PM
HAHA you better hit that box squat hard, cuz when I'm gunnin for somebody, I don't miss......

SW
02-02-2005, 05:06 PM
When I'm determined, it's expected to see nice results. Oh and I"m lifting fri anyway, **** practice, it's extra practice anyway. I've GOT to have 275 2x3. Probably looking at 235 2x3 for box.

SW
02-03-2005, 06:23 PM
No lifting tomorrow. xtra varsity bowling practice, and I think I have hemherroids. I will go to doc asap.

SW
02-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Lifting tomorrow.

I rid myself of a gf that I've had for 1 year 4 months yesterday. Couldn't stand her **** anymore. So me and the guys drank 2 24 ouncers each of corona extra last night. Kind of a....welcome back to the single life party. I gotta say, who doesn't want this powerhouse for her bf ;) lol.

I feel very different now, it's wierd not having her anymore. But LIBERATING. Now I gotta find a new date for prom.....

SW
02-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh btw if I have hemerroids they're not too bad.

Canadian Crippler
02-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Hemeroids can be fun :).

;) so where's another session?

SW
02-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Tomorrow bro :)

SW
02-07-2005, 05:13 PM
You knew it was comin'.........

Bench
135x5
225x3
245x1
275x3
275x3 pr ****ing right! pwned that ****

Low box squat
135x5
225x3
245x3
245x3 pr might as well start posting pr's on this, it's getting high enough for it I guess.

*after 10 minutes of showing stupid 7th grade bastard how to bench AND box squat, even though he's not too bright* oh btw got started 20 min late because of basketball lifters (yeah, benching 100lbs for 5 reps, or LESS) got done, they were doing it in unison and took up the whole weightroom)

Seated rows
180x6 1 more rep than usual, wasn't paying attention
225x3
270x3
****, just realized I only did 3 instead of 5 reps for working sets. Damn it! Where the hell was my brain?????????/
350x3
350x3 pr is 345x5 for 2 sets. Won't even put pr on this. pr on weight, but not reps, not even same # of reps as previous record weight. So **** it.

Db flys
20'sx5
35'sx5
35'sx5 pr pimpin'

These 4 were the only ones I got through today, due to basketball and me not being able to watch an idiot hurt himself.

EDIT: oh yeah, I've also gained 5 lbs in about 3 weeks. Most of it muscle.
EDIT # 2: drunk last 2 days ago, AND made pr's today. :strong: * gives a roar for youthful resilience*

Chubrock
02-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Damn bro, awesome friggin session. Bench is crazy. Squats are lookin good man. I'll catch you eventually though. How low is the box??

SW
02-07-2005, 06:27 PM
^ Thanks and the box is the lowest we got. I'll take the tape measure to that **** friday :) Takes plentya power to get off of though.

Chubrock
02-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I can imagine. Do you touch and go, or disengage the hips??

SW
02-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Touch and go, I can't stand to sit there and let my hips unlock.

EDIT: Check out my possible new routine in bodybuilding/fitness. I think it's pretty good myself.

AdmiralDan
02-08-2005, 05:37 AM
so with another bench pr, you've got me wondering when you are going to hit 500? anyway, nice work

SW
02-08-2005, 06:15 AM
^ Thanks man, I'm about to switch it up because I had to fight for every last rep, so I am incorporating westside's rest time, partially sets, ME and DE. Pretty sure I'm getting adjusted to this routine, got hard yesterday. So I'm kickin' it into high gear with a ****load of volume.

SW
02-08-2005, 08:03 PM
My grandparents picked me up after bowling practice tonight, and it was snowing very hard (still is) there was already a coat of ice on the roads from 2 days ago. We were just starting up a hill when a senior from my highschool came over it and lost control, smashed into us. Nobody hurt, but scared everybody exept me. I was outta the car in about 2 second and had everybody else out (grandpa couldn't get his belt off) soon after. Allen (the senior) was standing in the middle o fthe road, scared ****less he'd killed someone. So I jerked his ass outta the road.

Just got home a while ago. ****, some nights................

cphafner
02-08-2005, 08:42 PM
damn that sucks man, glad everyone was ok!

SW
02-09-2005, 05:27 PM
^ Thanks bro, it didn't scare me in the least, but it upset my grandma and Allen some.

HERE'S THE NEW ROUTINE IN WHICH I'LL KICK ASS!!!!!! (hopefully :) )

Mondays All exercises done in order, with 3-4 mins in between sets
ME day
Bench 3x5
Box squat 3x5
Seated rows 3x5
Db flys 3x5
Tricep ext. 2x3
Standing calf raises w/ bb 2x3
Good mornings 2x3
Db curl 2x3

My goal is huge hypertrophy while kicking my own ass all over the place. Oh yeah, and that little thing called STRENGTH.

Fridays 30 seconds in between sets
DE
Said exercises, exept all 10x3. Oh yeah hehehe some of you are probably taking bets on if I'll puke or not lol.

Chubrock
02-09-2005, 05:29 PM
If I'm reading correctly, is that 80 ****in sets lol??? That's crazy man.

SW
02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
^ Yeah but they're just triples.

Chubrock
02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
HAHAHA, still I'd puke like halfway through.

cphafner
02-09-2005, 06:40 PM
puking only makes you stronger!

SW
02-09-2005, 06:54 PM
^ lol it does something to ya, that's for sure.

So I was talking with Adam and he said it'd be a good idea to go 1 set of 5, 1 of 3 and 1 of a single for the main exercises on ME day, so that's whwat's gonna happen.

LadyLifter
02-09-2005, 10:20 PM
looks like a great w/o you got going there SW...good luck with your goals!

SW
02-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Thank you, lady.

Still not sure about some parts of this, but at least these will be the exercises! I may do completely westside now.

SW
02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Track is coming up, and we will have 3 days per week to lift. So yeah, I'll be able to do the 4 day split westside thing, as long as I can get it down.

SW
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
k here it is, a variation of westside that should work really well for me. Since I don't know when track lifting days are, I have to just put "day". When I know, I'll make some sense outta this.

Day 1 ME 3-4 min rest between 1x3,1x2, and singles.30sec between warmup sets and others
Bench 1x5,1x4,1x3,1x2,1x1max out
Tricep ext. 1x5,2x3
Db flys 1x5,2x3
Db curl 1x5,2x3
Front raises 1x5,2x3

Day 2
ME 3-4 min rest between 1x3,1x2,and singles, 30 sec rest between warmup sets and others
ATF squat 1x5,1x4,1x3,1x1max out
Seated rows 1x5,1x4,1x3,1x2,1x1max out
Standing calf raises w/ bb 1x5,2x3
Good morning 1x5,2x3

day 3
DE 30 sec rest between all sets
Same execises as day 1 but 1x15,10x3

day 4
DE 30 sec rest between all sets
Same exercises as day 2 but 1x15,10x3

That's it, set in stone. When track starts, that's what it's gonna be. I'm doing this starting tomorrow, but there could be interruptions until track starts, which is soon. So let's get it done!!!!

AdmiralDan
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM
your new workout looks pretty good, but won't day 3 and 4 end up being a million sets of you do 10x3?

SW
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
55 sets day 3, and 45 sets day 4. They're only triples and they'll be done 30 sec apart, so yeah it'll be brutal halfway through but I can take it :) . Just gotta watch form and make sure it's good so I don't **** something up.

Chubrock
02-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Workout looks pretty damn straight to me. If I could make really only one suggestion, I'd do dips instead of tricep extensions. I feel like it works my triceps out pretty good, but also gives my chest just a little bit more work.

SW
02-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I WILL bench 315 tomorrow for my last single. It'll be a 15lb record up from almost a year ago. I almost locked it out last year, and tomorrow is the day. AGGHHHGHGHGH I wish I was in the weightroom RIGHT NOW. It'll be a great day.

LadyLifter
02-11-2005, 07:00 AM
good luck with that...your plan looks good...hardcore crazy but good

Chubrock
02-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Dang man, how do I get the girls to come to my journal lol? I guess I gotta start benchin more huh.

SW
02-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Lady:Thanks you, and I like hardcore lifting, makes me feel like I"m not wasting my time.

Chub: Hah, power dat bench up ;) and I may well do dips, sounds good now that You mention as I have no direct chest exercise other than bench, and that would make 2 indirect chest exercises. Quit doing db press because the heaviest you can set the db's in there are 85's, and I was killing that.

FAILED 315

ME 3 min rest (sometimes less) between sets
Bench
135x5
185x4
225x3
275x2
315x.5 so....close.....will get it soon
After this I swear I was frothing at the mouth, crazy

Tricep ext.
140x5
190x4
195x3 wasn't thinking straight and did this extra set
200x3
200x3 pr

Db curl
30'sx5
55'sx3
55'sx3 pr tie, heavy as db's get but I can rig up a pair for higher weights. Will do that next ME day

Db flys
30'sx5
40'sx3
40'sx3 pr oh yeah (madness still carrying on here)

Front raises (1st time)
30'sx5
40'sx3
40'sx3 pr hehehe these I like

That was my first ME day and I'm in love with it. Got crazy after failed max on bench and set pr's on everything else.

Chubrock
02-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Damn bro nice workout man. You'll get 315 before ya know it, no problems.

SW
02-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah dude, I will soon. I've been thinking of a long cut for a while now. I want to shed all this fat off. I won't **** this one up like I did the last one and lose half my strength in the process. I'm gonna retain as much as I can, which means a slow cut and probably no more gains :( But if I can lose 30lbs and maintain a little less than this strength I have now, I'd be a happy mofo.

cphafner
02-11-2005, 08:07 PM
nice workout man. You'll get that 315 in no time!

Canadian Crippler
02-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Awesome stuff Will, make 315 your bitch.

SW
02-11-2005, 09:07 PM
crippler, cp: Yeah, it's goin' down...soon... when I can, I'm gonna rep 315 10 times and laugh hystericaly!!!!!!1hahahhaha........thanks guys, I just feel like **** for not being able to pull it off. Other than that, I just want to hit it again.

SW
02-12-2005, 06:45 PM
long day....bowled much.....won more.....tomorrow is the iowa games and I'm going for state champ this year. Got to do it. Scholarships up the ass and noteriety. there are like 4 rounds though. Lots of my body hurts today hehehehe. I think until track gets started I'll put days 1+3 as one, and 2+4 as one because of only being able to lift twice a week right now. I have the time to do it too, so hah. Oh, let's not forget the puke that'll be everywhere halfway through. I WILL bench 315, pretty much all I can think of right now.

SW
02-13-2005, 07:38 AM
STATE is today. Wish me luck, I'm gonna give it my all.

AdmiralDan
02-13-2005, 08:37 AM
good luck man

break a leg

Canadian Crippler
02-13-2005, 10:34 AM
break 2.

cphafner
02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
good luck man!

SW
02-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey thanks guys. I did ok, but did't bowl nearly to my potential. Just not a good day. I may be sick now. Bowel problems , if ya know what I mean. How do you guys think I'd fare cutting with this routine?

SW
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Ok, maybe some you of saw this coming. I'm gonna do a big cut now. I'm strong as a bull, pretty big, but I'm covered in this fat coat that's got to go. I know I"m not usually the one to give a **** about anything other than strength, but this is a lifelong dream of mine that I have to attain, be big,strong and cut. I of course haven't totally changed, I'm gonna minimize to the max lost strength.

I made a mockery of cutting last summer and dropped 15 lbs, most of it muscle I think. This variation westside I have going on should definitely help minimize this lost strength deal, and I'll cut fairly slowly. A ballpark figure I want to lose is 25-30 lbs. I'm 245 right now. Because of Lent, I haven't had any sort of carbonated beverage since wednesday and won't until Easter, even then I won't hardly drink pop. All I drink now is milk and water.

I will also be posting my diet EVERY DAY and try to get as much protein in as possible. No supplements, gear or even a fukin' protein shake, that's just my policy. My steroid of choice is peanut butter. I'm looking foreward to visible results in about 3 weeks, not in any hurry. Will get pictures ASAP when I can.

I've had this insatiable appetite that I've been feeding the past few months with abandon and now I have to cut, for me. Oh yeah, especially since I want more babes, dumped the woman a while back.

LadyLifter
02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
you'll have no problems hitting 315 when the time comes I'm sure. You still have a great workout so keep it up! Good luck!

SW
02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Lady: Thanks for the encouragement.

I did more volume than expected today. Oh dear Lord, where has this workout been all my life??!!

ME LOWER
I think the box is 2 feet tall.
Low box squat
135x5
225x4
275x3
295x2
315x1 pr easy

DE UPPER
Did all of this with a friend who has agreed to lift with me from now on, his name is Bo (real name Corey).
Bench
135x5
205 10x3 5 seconds max between sets. That's right. 5. Not 30 like I planned. Nearly killed us both.

Db curls
20'sx5
40's 4x3 only planned 2x3 for aux. but found I can handle this. SOAKED with sweat by this time.

Tricep ext. (may switch to dips later like Chub said)
140x5
170 4x3 Wow it killed

Db LATERALS I'M AN IDIOT I've been calling them flys. *smacks himself*
20'sx5
35's 4x3 AGH with every rep by now

Front raises
20'sx5
35's 4x3 AGH AGH AGH

Spotted a couple people, got small drinks between exercises. Nearly puked a couple of times in the weightroom.

Lay on bench, grip bar, FROM leg lifts
2x20

*straggled outta there*

I LOVE THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DIET: Will eat a granola bar 45 min before lunch from now on and one right after each workout.

Meal 1 : 1 bowl peanut butter cap'n crunch, drank all of milk, 1 glass water and 1 glass choc milk

Meal 2: 1 soft shell taco, 1 big salad w/ LOTS of sunflower seeds for protein, some shredded cheese and half the ranch I used to have. The ranch will decrease daily from here. 4 beef sticks.

Meal 3: Post workout granola bar, 1 glass milk so far. Consider 1 more glass of choc milk drink ASAP I get off here.

Meal 4: A small portion of hamburger helper, 3 more beef sticks

I am looking to drop 30 lbs of fat on this cut, and will refeed every monday and friday for now. HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyLifter
02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
very very nice....sounds like you loved the gym today :strong:

Chubrock
02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Damn bro, awesome workout. Low box squats looking quite nice. I end up using a bench for my low box squats, and I'm thinking the box is somewhere around 16-18inches or so. Bench sounds friggin killer man. Just thinkin bout that tires me out.

PizDoff
02-14-2005, 06:11 PM
In Soviet Russia, gym loves you!

SW
02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Lady: Thanks, I loved it!

Andrew: The benching was as fast as we could load/unload the plates. By set 7 I was wondering if I was gonna make it.

PizD: Lol I kept hollering at Bo to go faster, felt like a Soviet ;)

1 more glass of water, 1 more glass choc milk, will drink 1 more glass plain milk and 1 more of water before bed.

cphafner
02-14-2005, 07:56 PM
low box squats for 315 is ace. Sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you wanted.

Canadian Crippler
02-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Good luck with the cut man, get some before pics :). Good workout too!

SW
02-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks everybody :)

Crippl3r: I will do my best to get ahold of my aunt's digital camera. I too have been wanting to post pictures, and will do so.

SORE AS HELL TODAY

Meal 1: 1glass water, 2 bowls peanut butter cap'n crunch drank milk from bowl.
Meal 2: Nature Valley Granola Bar (45 min before lunch)
Meal 3: 1 soft taco, 1 medium salad w/ shredded cheese, LOTS of sunflower seeds, and 1 scoop of ranch,1 small juice, 1 carton choc milk, 2 beef sticks

SW
02-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Meal 4: 15 pretzels
Meal 5: Nature valley granola bar

Now I'll eat a small supper and I think I'll be well off on this cutting thing. I haven't drank a carbonated beverage the whole week, and I will weigh in at a friend's house tomorrow.

SIDE NOTE: As most of you know, I've been in a bowling slump the past couple weeks. Today in practice I bowled a 200, and a 246 to avg 223 today, my highest practice avg ever! I'm BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

EDIT: If you guys have any suggestions about my diet, please gab away. Notice I've cut my ranch dressing down to 1/4 what it was last friday. I'll always have 1 ladle scoop from here on out, but the salads will get small and the shredded cheese less.

SW
02-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Meal 6: 3 beef sticks
Meal 7: medium helping of shredded green beans, 2 slices of Jack's pizza.

That's all for teh diet today, I think it was good :)

cphafner
02-15-2005, 09:34 PM
can't wait to see the pics!

SW
02-16-2005, 06:30 AM
^ Yep soon as I can get'em. I've been wanting to post some for a while now but I haven't gotten a chance to get ahold of the digital camera. But I will.

Meal 1: Nature valley granola bar, 1 bowl peanut butter cap'n crunch, drank milk, 2 glasses of water.

SW
02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Meal 2: nature valley granola bar
Meal 3: about 20 pretzels, couple drinks of water
Meal 4: 1 softshell taco, 1 medium salad w/ 1 scoop ranch, shredded cheese, LOTS of sunflower seeds, 1 small carton juice, 1 carton milk, 4 beef sticks
Meal 5: 1 bottled water, 1 cheeseburger at bowling meet
Meal 6: 1 big gatorade, 6 inch chicken sub no mayonaise or mustard.

Overall thought the cheeseburger was a little over the top, but I was bowling tonight (we won of course) and was hungry as hell. Didn't have my afterschool granola bar, probably why I was hungry.
From now on, I will eat the same salad, but HALF the taco instead of the whole thing. Also only 2 beef sticks max.
Today after school I actually weighed 248! 3 lbs heavier from last week. I was almost mad but rememberd I drink ALOT of milk + water since I started cutting, I think it's just water weight. I will weigh myself once a week,should be thursdays.
As a whole, (exept for the cheeseburger) I think I'm keeping this cut pretty clean so far.

Chubrock
02-16-2005, 09:07 PM
How ya makin the tacos??

Canadian Crippler
02-16-2005, 10:09 PM
You probably should outline your macronutrient goals for optimal results. Right now, to be quite honest, this doesn't look any different than a bulk. If you're cutting I wouldn't recommend pretzels or cheese, nor many juices.

SW
02-17-2005, 05:49 AM
Chub: They're school-served and are served meat + softshell, I put some shredded lettuce on top of them.

Crippl3r: Thanks for your input. So I won't drink the juice at school then. I'll stick to mainly protein. This is also a slow cut, and I"m coming off of a bulk (last time I cut, which was a looong time ago, I went from 3,000cal to 1500cal in 3 days and fuked it all up, lost half my strength by the time it was said and done). That may be why it looks like that.

As to the micronutrient thing, I don't know much about the tacos but I am trying to keep the transfat out of things. The beefsticks have some, I know, and that's why I'm eating 2 max per day. Anything else? I think I'm gonna go lower food wise now seeing it's day 4 and it won't be nearly as harsh on my body.

Meal 1: 1 granola bar, 2 tbsp peanut butter.

Chubrock
02-17-2005, 05:51 AM
Personally, I'd stay away from the school tacos. The beef is usually kept in soo much grease its pathetic. You're probably adding some unwanted calories/fat there. Also mustard isn't gonna hurt ya, so if ya like it, keep it on the sandwich.

LadyLifter
02-17-2005, 06:20 AM
the dressing is another thing to think about....unless you've got Fat Free Dressing you are adding more unwanted cals there

Canadian Crippler
02-17-2005, 06:23 AM
It really matters your goals. I'm more familiar with the high protein, low or no carbs, EFAs type diets. There are other ways to cut obviously (check rookie's journal).

SW
02-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Andrew: Ok I'll keep teh mustard :) Thanks man
Crippl3r: Dude, you're helpful. Cutting is kinda my knowledge weakpoint. I'm just eating less and less food and keeping protein + calcium relatively high to avoid strength loss (iknow it's unavoidable if I cut anything, but to minimize).
Lady: Ok screw the ranch :) I was gonna cut it out but now or never huh. Thanks.

I will be eating lunch in a couple of hours.
Meal 2: 1 carton milk, half school taco, medium salad w/ sunflower seeds and shredded cheese (cheese kept to minimum) a couple tbsp of peanut butter (iluv pb). So here I'll have decent protein with minimal fatty intake such as dressing and lots of cheese. But I do know pb has a decent amount of fat.
Meal 3: will be 1 granola bar (after school)

That's all I can forsee so far today. Thanks for all replies about this diet thing guys, much appreciated. Lol, I'm getting hungry. Will get haircut today and bowl for YABA , I'm going up to my mom's friday and have substate saturday.

EDIT: 4 tbsp pb at lunch + 4 baby carrots

AdmiralDan
02-17-2005, 09:44 AM
i have a couple suggestions for cutting. read the sticky in diet and nutrition, "what a bodybuilder eats". if you eat those types of foods in moderation, your cut should go extremely well. also, the fat in pb is good for you, assuming you are eating natural pb. also, how many calories do you think you are getting in a day?

SW
02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Should definitely be under 2000 today. Coming off of an estimated 3000-3200 a day. Will drop littl eby little. I'm not good at estimating caloric value. I will get ahold of things and get close estimates from now on. How much would you estimate this to be so far? ^^

SW
02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
oh and I've read that sticky, but a LONG time ago. Will re-read.

SW
02-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Meal 4: 3 tbsp pb, 1 granola bar (140 cal, 35 from fat)

I feel fairly hungry, but pb is a great appetite supressent.

SW
02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Meal 5: Small bowl of hamburger helper, 3/4 glass choc milk.

That would be it for tonight. Still hungry, but not too bad. Will drink milk + water rest of night. What do you guys think of today's diet?

AdmiralDan
02-17-2005, 05:20 PM
2000 calories may be a little low. when i had a diet focused on cutting, i was taking in around 2200 and i weigh 180

SW
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't think I got 2000 calories today.

SW
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Admiral, do you think I should take in more calories tonight? My main concern is losing strength here. Anyone is welcome to answer this question.

SW
02-17-2005, 06:35 PM
****, I just read that what a bb eats sticky and found out I should be getting 2400 calories a day for a while. I'm gonna go eat a michelina and push the calories up some. I hate this crap, last time I cut I lost so much strength..........

Chubrock
02-17-2005, 06:41 PM
PB is a good appetite suppresant, but also high in fat, even though it's good fat. Make you some turkey sandwiches and take them to school. Umm, I still say you should cut out all reminents of that taco, but that really depends on how clean you are trying to cut.

SW
02-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Half a taco can't be that bad, plus I have to have something fairly solid to eat at lunch, because I'm ALWAYS hungry. If I can get ahold of a cooler, I'd make some tuna sandwiches and bring'em. Sounds good to me. *looks for cooler* If I can find one, I'll make TUNA I love TUNA YES! Havne' t had it in a while.

Chubrock
02-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Try the flavored tuna in a pouch....fairly good stuff.

SW
02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
What I usually eat is outta the can. I'll look for the flavored stuff though. Either way, some say they can't stand plain tuna and bread, I can't get enough!

AdmiralDan
02-17-2005, 07:56 PM
you definatly should go with higher calories. i would also add cardio before you cut away from the 2400 calories. also, the faster you cut(more calories you cut), the weaker you will get. also, if you have any other questions and if you have aim and want to IM me, my screenname is AdmiralDan13

SW
02-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, track starts soon, so I'll hover around 2400 until I start running. Thanks Admiral.

SW
02-18-2005, 06:22 AM
I work out today, but my mother is taking me up to her house (45 min away) and she doesn't have the internet, so I'll be posting all kinds of stuff ,diet and all, saturday when I come back.

Meal 1: 2 bowls pb cap'n crunch, drank milk. 1 blue gatorade. 1 bannana.

I've decided to alternate pb days.

Later guys, thanks for all the help everyone's given me lately. I'm helpless lol.

Canadian Crippler
02-18-2005, 06:28 AM
You might wanna do things like drop captain crunch for oatmeal, choc. milk for skim milk, etc. All those extra sugars, artificial flavors, cocoa, etc. won't do anything good for you, especially while cutting.

Chubrock
02-18-2005, 08:23 AM
I agree with Mitchy. It's all up to you though, and how your body stores fat. I know people that lose weight and bf but still eat fast food all the time, so it really depends on your body more than anything else.

LadyLifter
02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
You might wanna do things like drop captain crunch for oatmeal, choc. milk for skim milk, etc. All those extra sugars, artificial flavors, cocoa, etc. won't do anything good for you, especially while cutting.

:withstupi

but as usual it depends on your body and what you have to do. If you can eat like that and drop like crazy...more power to ya

SW
02-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Teh Crippl3r: Yeah, I'll lay off teh cereal. Thanks.

Chubrock: HAH!....squatboy.....true ;) Sounds like you're describing an ectomorph, I'm the opposite, an endomorph aka fatass prone.

Lady: The real dropping will start when track starts, hopefully this week. Thanks for droppin' by ma'am.

I HAD THE BEST WEEKEND!

But first, friday's workout. Gonna be vague, didn't pay much attention, was thinking of the sports show.

Bench
135x5
225x4
275x3
285x2
300x1 easy /pwned hopefully new routine here will break me outta this 315 bs.

Db curls
40'sx5
65's rigged hand bars x 2 damn **** broke down, screws too loose for safety.
55'sx3 ez left bicep around the tendon feels a little stressed. Will lay off db curls tomorrow.

Seated rows
180x5
270x4
300x3
315x2
340x almost got it! Couldn't stay seated and pull it at the same time, so I guesstimate my max at 325-330 or so. I LOVE TO ROW!

Front raises
45'sx5
55'sx3
55'sx3 sooo hard. Had to FIGHT for reps here. I'm very happy with this.

Lateral raises
45'sx5
55'sx3
55'sx3 form just decent last set. Will do same weight for these next time and probably forever untill we either get heavier db's or the little hand bars get fixed. Same for front raises.

This was a GREAT workout. I was hungry like crazy afterwards. Kept diet fairly clean this weekend. Now I will tell about fri night through now...
Friday night: mom picks me up and takes me up to her place (town 25 miles north of the town I go to school in) and we go to the sports show, has fish tanks, gear, everything. Great time, picked up some tasty beef jerky.

Saturday: Went to the new, huge mall complex called Jordan Creek Town Center. EVERY store, thing and food was priced high and expensive. Very modern. Fun and bought some clothes.

Went to the 2nd home tournament all year, sub-state. Bowled against 6 competitors. WE /PWNED THEM ALL! We were so good, I couldn't believe it. By far the best tournament all year! No one came within 600 pins of us! I was 1 of 2 of us who bowled 3 200's! A 218, 207 and 201. Avgd. 208! My highest tournament avg ever. Just an incredible day.

Today, sunday: Woke up early and went with my grandfather, cousin, and uncle to a dog hunt. One of those in a pen (for those of you who need clarification, the pen was 170 acres, stocked with 20-30 coyotes, and 19 dogs were present, a small hunt) and it was the owner's first hunt there. I spent the day watching coyotes fly everywhere and dogs on teh trail!. Rode around in an atv all day, roasted some Polish sausages, and it was my dog's first hunt, and he took 4th! Only won 30 bucks, it was a small hunt anyway. My uncle's dogs took 2nd and fifth. The first place dog was brother to mine, so our dog's took 4 out of the top 5 places. No coyotes were killed, for those of you who care. Just ran for 3 hours.

A note on my dogs. I had a dog years ago, name of Lucky. She was the best dog I've ever owned, won many hunts. Got me money, plenty of it. She died soon after littering, and since I've named a pup out of every litter Lucky. I'm on Lucky IV right now. The 1st place dog and mine are of the Lucky line, and ALL Lucky dogs are outstanding. I'm very proud of them.

Overall, outstanding weekend. WE'RE GOIN' TO STATE AND KICKING ASS!!!!!!!!!!

cphafner
02-20-2005, 08:21 PM
excellent workout!

SW
02-20-2005, 09:05 PM
cp: Thanks bro, I LOVE this workout. I am SO PUMPED to hit the weightroom right now. I'm very happy with the weight I'm moving. I have a feeling when this cut hits steam it'll slack off though. It won't without a fight, be assured.

I hardly hurt after ME days, but DE KILL.

LadyLifter
02-20-2005, 10:32 PM
track? what events?

Coke
02-21-2005, 06:12 AM
Super session, everything looks damn good!!

SW
02-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Lady: I will be doing shot and disc. I don't think I'll be running like I did back in 8th grade lol I've gained ALOT of weight, like 60lbs or so. Not all fat, of course. :)

CoCoa: Welcome, and thanks much. I saw your pictures, you're a big mofo and cut too.

SW
02-21-2005, 06:29 AM
oh yeah, I lift today too, DE upper, ME lower.

LadyLifter
02-21-2005, 06:40 AM
awesome...good luck! I ran track my senior year only due to a lack of girls (they had 6 on the team before I started doing both track and soccer). For a relay meet I ended up learning shot and disc in a matter of days and before I knew it they were part of my norm. I never did great but it was always fun! Good luck!

SW
02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Lady: Thanks alot, I did it in 8th and had alot of fun.

DE UPP3R AND LOW3R today. No more than 30 sec rest today.

Bench
135x5
210 10x3 intense

Db front raises
40'sx5
50's 4x3 Good form, pr all exercises today.

Db laterals
40'sx5
50's 4x3 again, intense with a little better form than last time, almost perfect.

Seated rows
180x5
280 10x3 sweat EVERYWHERE

Low box squats
135x5
225 10x3 could've handled about 235 I suspect. Still kinda challenging.

Overall, very good workout today. Track meeting wednesday, that's when I'll start to dip below 2400 calories.

Teh shoppin': bought 2 michelina microwavable deals (chicken and rice), 1 bag chrispy rice cereal, seems pretty healthy, 0 fat, 1 flavorlock pouch sunkist tuna, 1 box of quaker granola bars (130 cal each,30 from fat). So I think I did well with lifting and shopping today :) :) :) :) :) :)

SW
02-21-2005, 05:27 PM
DIET Kinda refeed, lifted today so upped calories some. Track starts this week.
Meal 1: 1 small breakfast pizza, 1 carton choc milk
Meal 2: 1 large salad, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, school hamburger w/ lettuce and shredded cheese, 1 carton choc milk
Meal 3: 1 granola bar
Meal 4: 1 bowl spiral noodles and cheese mixed w/ 1 can tuna, 1 medium small pork steak, cut fat off, 1 glass milk

Other than the school hamburger (other choice was school taco, which I believe to be worse of the 2) I think diet was good today.

Chubrock
02-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Heck yea SW! Great session. Gotta love those squats.

cphafner
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
great workout dude.

PizDoff
02-21-2005, 09:02 PM
What's a breakfast pizza?
Did you at least get any totally rad veggies on it?

Coke
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Damn, you are strong SPW - great session.

SW
02-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Chubby one: Thanks man, they /pwn.

cp: Thanks bro.

PizD: It had some sausage and cheese. That was it for toppings lol the school is poor as ****.

CoCoa: Thanks man. This is my 2nd year of lifting and I suspect my genetics were inclined toward this anyway.

SW
02-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Chubby one: Thanks man, they /pwn.

cp: Thanks bro.

PizD: It had some sausage and cheese. That was it for toppings lol the school is poor as ****.

CoCoa: Thanks man. This is my 2nd year of lifting and I suspect my genetics were inclined toward this anyway.

DIET:
Meal 1: 2 bowls krispy rice (knockoff of rice krispys),1 glass of milk.
Meal 2: Quaker granola bar
Meal 3: 1 carton milk, 1 large salad w/ shredded cheese and sunflower seeds, 1 barbecue rib burger (compressed meat of some kind) w/ lettuce.
Meal 4: Quaker granola bar 120 cal

#5 be comin' soon....... What do you guys think of my diet NOW? As opposed to 1 week ago?

EDIT: SOMETHING GOT ****ED, AS I POSTED TWICE ACCIDENTLY

AdmiralDan
02-22-2005, 06:24 PM
getting better, but this slowly getting a better diet may be a good approach. that way you can change things to keep the progress up. what do you weigh now?

SW
02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Last thursday I weighed 247, but I believe I weighed that much based on all the water I was drinking (still drink). I will get weighed thursday. I'm still making gains in the weightroom. Good sign there. I want this cut to be gradual, so I get teh results but not the strength loss. Track meeting tomorrow.

Meal 5: 1 medium steak, mashed potatoes + gravy, green beans, glass of milk
Meal 6: medium-small steak.

I was worried I didn't hit 2000 today so I ate another fairly small steak.
Just drank another glass of water, and will drink more milk tonight.

I feel that even if I screw everything else up, the 4 ladlefulls of ranch dressing, candy, and all that pop, ice cream I used to eat will have a pretty good effect on losing weight here. Will make a go at getting pictures up.

SW
02-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Weigh in friday.

Had track meeting after school, then had bowling practice. Clarke is 3rd in state, like 100 pins behind 1st! Here we come Olewin.......

I think track will be every day after school now, and I can split some of those days up :) finally. Also, will be running a fair amount, sometimes alot (for a fat man ;) )

DIET
Meal 1: 1 bowl of krispy rice cereal, 1 quaker granola bar.
Meal 2: 1 quaker granola bar
Meal 3: 1 large salad, some sunflower seeds and shredded cheese, 2 beef sticks, 1 carton milk, 1 crispito (grease, not used to it)
Meal 4: 1 quaker granola bar
Meal 5: 1 sunflower seed oil soaked tuna sandwich, DELICIOUS

Will have one more meal (dinner) and won't have too much. How she looking guys?

NOTE: I benched 135x5 and 225x4 at the track meeting, for ****s and giggles.

SW
02-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Well **** the not having too much part

Meal 6: mashed potatoes and gravy, inch thick pork chop :drooling: 1 glass of milk, green beans. Fairly clean.

In the what a bb eats sticky, I printed the article out and it says I should be losing about a pound a week and multiply my weight by 11 (12 normaly, but I have a slow metabolism) to find daily caloric intake. So 245x11 = 2695 calories. I know damned well I haven't been getting that much. Food wise at least. Maybe with all the milk I drink.

Either way, I've had to lose some fat. Will find out friday I guess. I think I've done well this past 8-9 days.

SW
02-24-2005, 04:48 PM
*sigh* See my post in bodybuilding and fitness if you wanna hear my sob story lol. Please post in it too :help:

DIET:
Meal1: 1 pb toast crunch milk and cereal bar (190) calories, 1 (sunflower oil soaked) tuna sandwich
Meal2: 1 medium salad w/ shreded cheese and sunflower seeds, 1 carton choc milk, 4 beef sticks
Meal3: 1 pb toast crunch milk and cereal bar, 1 tuna sandwich

Should have a pretty decent dinner, but still refeed tomorrow. :) REFEED!

SW
02-24-2005, 05:13 PM
After practice: 1 bottle water, 3 glasses of water, 1 glass of milk

Meal4: medium serving hamburger helper, small serving green beans, 3 beef sticks, chunk of cheese (i know I shouldn't, but I needed comfort food today :) )

SW
02-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Just ate several beef sticks, and a michelina. Had to. Felt nice and hungry when i got home. Minimal muscle loss WILL be maintained lol.

EDIT: I need more input of how I'm going to keep maintaing during this cut + this track (cardio to the EXTREME LOL). It started tonight, very hard.

General note: I was reading through the previous couple pages in this journal and realized that my db activities have exploded. It should be known that I love to do lat raises, and also front raises. They've been good to me thus far, but I'm only getting like 4/5 of a complete rep in the 2nd 55's set for lat raises. Will stay at this weight untill I /pwn it, you'll be the first to know. Thanks to all who post in my journal to keep me encouraged and help.

cphafner
02-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Just ate several beef sticks.

I never took you for a beefstick guy...

Focused70
02-25-2005, 08:46 AM
OH...to be 17 again.

What's a michelina?

Stash

Canadian Crippler
02-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Premade dishes, mainly rice and meat bowls. They rule :)

SW
02-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Good weekend.

Friday night got hammered with 3 friends, pretty fun (probably shouldn't drink or party while cutting lol)

Saturday night went to a party and didn't get drunk, but my friend got high (his sister didn't) so I had to drive the 15 miles back to his dad's. That was the night before we had to be at work at 8am, got to sleep at 1. BAD IDEA.

Woke up at 7:30 and was on the road to vets auditorium 5 min later lol. Worked 9 1/2 hrs, definitely ranks in the top 5 times I've worked as hard as I could. Not going to school today, the galding is so bad. So still a good weekend. Kept diet mostly good, weighed in friday night, lost 2 lbs of fat, has to be fat because about a week before I put up a personal record bench tie.

Oh yeah, here's my workout LOWER ME from friday

Low box squats
155x5
225x4
275x3
295x2
325x3 pr easy, surprised me. I'm making gains on a cut, but can't really brag because it's a slowass cut.

SW
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Today
Meal 1: 1 tuna sandwich, 1 michelina
forgot granola bars today

No track practice today or tomorrow due to the final 2 bowling practices before state this week.

Coke
03-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Best of luck with the bowling comp and the track as well mang.

SW
03-01-2005, 12:26 PM
CoCoa: Thanks bro, it'll be fun as Hell.

Meal 2: 1 carton choc milk, 1 ladle ranch w/ large salad, some shredded cheese, sunflower seeds. 4 beef sticks.

SW
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Forgot to mention meal 1 included 2 glasses of water.

Meal3: 2 gatorades
Meal4: tuna sandwich
Meal5: 1 gatorade, 1 glass of milk, 2 hamburgers w/ some catsup and some mustard (not much of either), 6 small pieces of cheese (couldn't resist) and 4 green pepper slices.

This is about the limit I want to eat while cutting. Nothing particularly bad, but could've been more clean. Comments, bitching welcome ;)

Had 3rd to last bowling practice today, that's why no track. I will be lifting 4 times per week starting next week, took a little break this week.

Canadian Crippler
03-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Best of luck with the bowling comp and the track as well mang.Ye ye, bro!

SW
03-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Just ****ed up and erased my post, here's teh gist:

Doing well with diet, weigh in mon probably.

Life is good.
Went to horse sale last night, bought nada.

Had fun. State saturday, decent chance of winning.

SW
03-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Bah, loong ****y-assed day. Just ****ed. Won't bore you all with the details.

Meal1: 1 bowl pb cap'n crunch (so shoot me ;) ) 1 cup water
Meal2: 1 quaker choc chip granola bar
Meal3: 1 large salad, 1 ladle ranch dressing, 1 carton choc milk, shredded cheese + sunflower seeds on salad, 2 beef sticks

That's all so far for today. I'll have to eat well tonight to come near 2k. NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN.

SW
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Meal4: 5 slices white bread, 1 glass orange juice, 2 large helpings hamburger helper, 2 large helpings potatoes.

AHHHHHH.....so much better now. I need something like 2400k right now, and I think this might've pushed 'er over to that mark. Wasn't crappy food, just alot lol.

Chubrock
03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Ya into buyin horses man?? We've got a couple. I love ridin when I get the chance.

SW
03-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, we have like 10. I have one (Warrior) and he's an apaloosa, about 12-13 years old. Strong as a fukin ox too! Thrown me many times lol. All my cousins have'em (5) and so does almost everyone else in my family. If you were to drive by our house in the summer on a riding day, you'd think you'd hit the old west!

Another meal comment: I think I feel much better with that last meal in there. Refeed tomorrow.

SW
03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Bull**** on the refeed, just didn't have time to eat today lol

Meal1:1 gatorade and cereal bar, glass of milk
Meal2:1 granola bar
Meal3:1 carton choc milk, 1 large salad w/ shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, 2 beef sticks
Weighed in, damned thing had to be wrong. My friend told me it was, but I didn't listen. Told me I was 255 lol. I was 245 2 weeks ago, and after 2 weeks of the above diet, I highly doubt I'm over 242. Will get ahold of a very dependable one next time I go to mom's.
Meal4:1 gatorade
Meal5:4 pieces of pizza, 5 beef sticks, chunk of cheese, 1 hershey's choc bar (refeed, fuk off ;) )

Still didn't hit refeed goal, and I know it's not good to eat a tremendous amount the last meal to hit a calorie goal. So I stopped. This is good enough I guess. Comments?

SW
03-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Since yesterday was a sad refeed, I tried it again today. Bah.

Meal1: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, 1 glass of milk
Meal2: (8 hrs later) went to some buffet. Ate 1 small piece of cake, 4-5 helping of salmon, chicken, and pork. Then ate more meat. Then some mac and cheese. 2 glasses of water. Then later on a gatorade.

**** refeed. I've ate enough the past 2 days to deal with it. Tomorrow goes back to eating like a damned canary.

Woke up at 5:30 today to get chores done, did'em in dark. Went to State tournament. I did fairly well, team sucked ass. I just couldn't get'em pumped and do well. Dammit. I suck as a leader lol. ****. I got fairly mad, but we pulled together at the end, and I bowled 6 strikes in a row. Still didn't place well. Next year we're gonna pwn.

galileo
03-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Mmm refeed. I love refeeds. I need to do some cyclic dieting!

SW
03-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Wow, slow sunday on wbb.

Gal: Yeah, now if only I had the time to get in all the calories I want.

Today was again horrible.

Meal1: 1 bowl pb cap'n crunch (had to eat the last of it) drank milk from bowl, 1/2 glass of milk
Meal2: after not eating for9 1/2 hours, ate some mcdonald's food ebcause that's all that was available. Will doubtfully eat anything else tonight. Sad day. Was at a wrestleing tournament all day today. 3 of my cousins were in it, it was their first one. 4th 4th and 2nd is what they took. Pretty good considering all the kids there.

EDIT: Last night went to a neighboring town and bowled. 2 190's and a 232. pwned everyone there, there was like 12 of us. 1 hot girl chatted a while with me ;)

Coke
03-07-2005, 07:30 AM
SPW, you are a damn good bowler with at least a 200 average - :thumbup: ...props bro.

AdmiralDan
03-07-2005, 08:50 AM
that is some nice bowling. did a little over spring break and i was lucky to break 100 in my last game. i can't imagine getting 200 for a single game, let alone for my average

galileo
03-07-2005, 10:58 AM
My best game was a 242, but I was 12 and bowled all the damned time. Now I just suck. :)

SW
03-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Admiral, Coke, Gal : Thanks guys, I've bowled since I was 12, 2 1/2 years with a reactive ball. I love it and will find a balance between being a pt and working for storm, the finest bowling company ever.

Definite workout today.

Chubrock
03-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Definite workout huh....BRING IT ON!!!!

SW
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Chub: Consider it brung lol

Time dictated no legs today (dammit) but upper was sweet!!!!
ME UPPER

Bench
135x5
225x4
275x3 hard
285x2
305x1 PR ON A CUT BABY!

Decided to ratchet up the (auxilliary exercise) sets by one after this.

Seated rows
250x5
285x4
320x3
355x2
365x1 PR AGAIN I can't believe how these have progressed lately. This 1 week layoff has done me good.

Db curls
35'sx5
55's3x3 1 set pr (all aux used to be 2x3 me day)

Tricep ext.
160x5
205 3x3 1 set pr

Db front raises
35'sx5
50's3x3 1 set pr (easy)

Db laterals
35'sx5 then decided going further could result in injury (front raises + laterals are quite similar in muscle group worked. Was exhausted at this point)

Then had to leave. Very happy with this workout, me lower and de upper next time.

LadyLifter
03-07-2005, 04:51 PM
lookin' great...workout and bowling...yeah me bowling isn't so great..my ball is always more attracted to the gutter than the pins (oops) :D

SW
03-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Lady: :) Happens to teh best uv uz.

Meal1: 1 rice krispy marshmallow bar, 1 glass of water or milk :confused: can't 'member
Meal2: 1 small piece breakfast pizza, 3/4 carton choc milk
Meal3: 1 frosted flakes cereal and milk bar
Meal4: 1 large salad w/ sunflower seeds, shredded cheese and 1 ladle ranch. 1 carton choc milk, 1/2 personal pizza, 2 beef sticks
Meal5: 3 very small steaks (like 10 pieces each when cut up) 1 gatorade, 1 ae strawberry milk, 2 glasses of milk.

I'm 240, and today I think I had just enough, a really good diet. What are teh thoughts? Also consider I lifted today.

SW
03-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Another gatorade :) Sodium bad, gatorade soooo good.

Chubrock
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Damn SW. Nice workout man. Bench is lookin STRONG.

Coke
03-08-2005, 05:22 AM
Super session mang, especially with the pr's and all.

SW
03-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Chubrockalocka: Went up easily to my great surprise. Tried for 2 only to find I couldn't get half a rep lol. Thanks dood.

Coke/Pepsi: I loved this session. Fun as Hell. Seated rows killed teh back. Thanks for the comment.

Meal1: 1 gatorade, 1 rice krispy marshmallow bar, 1 ae strawberry milk. Good ****.

It's possible for me to have track every school day from now on. Kinda hope not. Too much for my taste. I like weights alot more than a fat man trying to run.

galileo
03-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I need some PR's on a cut. Loan me yours, please.

Focused70
03-08-2005, 10:17 AM
I wish I could drink milk. :thumbup:

Stash

SW
03-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Gal: mwahahhahaha..... why loan you some when you're gonna bust yours anyway? huh punk? *loans Gal 1 out of hospitality* Now get ya ass on yours :) :) Thanks for droppin' in bro.

SobaAddictedbastage: Lactose intolerant? If so, then I feel sorry for ya.

Track today. Pwned some ****.
Stretching
Lifted ME (sort of) LOWER + some aux the coach made us do. He wanted us to do 4x5
Towel Bench (did bench yesterday so ****ed on this deal)
225x5
275x5
275x3 said to heck with it, did bench yestiddy.
Jammer ext.
45 per side x5
80 per side x5
80 per side x5
80 per side x5 arms dead at this point
SLDL (light, first time back in loong time)
135x5
225x5
275x5
275x5
Low box squat
225x5
245x5
275x5
315x5 Didn't want to push squats because of deads
Lunges
used 35's for 10 reps per leg

Had alot of fun with this workout. Lower groin feels twinged after those deads though. Got to be careful.

5 minutes running around school.

2 min break, then coach took throwers to print shop, where we got some prints of how to shot and disc. Will have meeting tomorrow, maybe run some, then throw. Light work.

Incline sprints, 4x50 meters, 45 degree incline.

15 minutes basketball. Fun as **** today!!!!!!!!

Overall, if this isn't cutting activity I give up lol.

Diet:
Meal1: 1 gatorade, 1 rice krispy's marshmallow bar
Meal2: 1 large salad, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese, 1 ladle ranch. 1 carton choc milk, 4 beef sticks.
Meal3: 2 sunbelt choc chip granola bars

About to eat supper. Comments on training, lifting and diet welcome.

SW
03-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Meal4: 1 gatorade, 1 ae strawberry milk, 2 small-medium helpings gulash, not quite half a baked potato, and didn't finish entire meal. 2 glass orange juice.

Done eating. Stuffed.

galileo
03-08-2005, 05:50 PM
PR's are on their way.

SW
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
^ I know dude. Gonna be great to get that old power back again, then break that record huh?

Meal5: 1 michelina, 2 small pieces of cheese, 1 glass of water

Chubrock
03-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Damn nice Box Squats SW. Gives me something to look forward to tomorrow.

Coke
03-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Damn nice Box Squats SW
no doubt, keep up the good work.

SW
03-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Andy: Thanks man. I do my best to keep deads and squats away from each other, but wasn't possible today.

CokeCan: Hey much appreciated man. I give it Hell every time :)

Meal1: 1 sunbelt granola bar, 1 glass of milk, 1 cup water.

Refeed tomorrow.

I think I can slowly feel a difference in me. I feel.....strong........yet not quite as fat. 90% of my fat is in my belly lol. I have a fairly cut upper body (excluding said fat roll) and same with legs. It just sits there on my belly. It must go.

Will do some throwing today after the team meeting. Maybe some light cardio afterwards. Back KILLS today.

SW
03-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Threw discus in track today. No running.

Meal2: 1 frosted flakes milk and cereal bar
Meal3: 1 large salad w/ shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, 1 ladle ****ty tasting ranch and 1 power (large) slice pizza. 2 beef sticks. 1 carton choc milk
Meal4: 1 medium helping ****ty tasting hamburger helper leftovers. Agh. Will eat something else tonight. 1 quaker granola bar. 2 glasses milk.

galileo
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
The frosted flake diet. :x

SW
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
The frosted flakes millk and cereal bars taste pretty good, you should try'em if ya haven't. It's the damned granola bars and milk I have to eat/drink that just sucks ass.

Meal5: 3 tbsp pb (extra 21 g protein)

Chubrock
03-09-2005, 06:39 PM
I recommend the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars. Them things are delicious.

galileo
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Wait, eating a granola bar sucks ass?

cphafner
03-09-2005, 07:54 PM
nice workout dude. 315*5 on box squats is taking it easy? Damn strong big man!

SW
03-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Rockalocka: I tried them don't have much preference for'em.

Astronomer: Aye, it do when you gotta eat'em 2-3 a day. :D

cphafner: Thank ye.

Track today. Ran alot, had to throw outside, and in wind that nearly blew the discus back at us. Not to mention the hail that hit me in the mouth and forehead. Freezing cold. It was most enjoyable :)

We do lots of drills involving being on one leg and hopping about. I have hurt my right calf right where it attaches to my bond at the base. That's why I didn't do box squats today. Will tomorrow morning I believe.

Went into teh school at 7 today. Just as the weighroom was closing. Literally. I was walking in when the guy who was closing it walked out and locked the ****er. Damn. SO I played basketball with my friends for a half hour.

One managed to get a sticky, stinging substance into my eyes in the showers. Luckily it was liquid soap. Why, what were you thinking??????

I will go in early tomorrow (God willing) and lift. Legs. No more DE days though. Track takes care of that quite nicely (for the most part).

SW
03-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Diet Refeed

Meal1: 1 granola bar, 1 cup of water
Meal2: 1 granola bar
Meal3: 1 1/2 cup raisins (NEVER again, raging ****s ravage my tender behind X)
Meal4: Regular lunch that I post EVERY day, Plus 1 ice cream snickers bar (that's right, first one in a month)
Meal5: 2 steaks, huge helpings of mashed potatoes and gravy, 2 beef sticks, 1 1/2 glasses of milk, 2 glasses of water.
Meal6: 1 ae choc milk, 1 KING B beef jerky (2 1/2 inches across, 7-8 inches long)

More milk and other crap on the way. Finally, I did refeed RIGHT lol. Lifting legs tomorrow morning hopefully. Goin' heavy if the calf feels up to it.

galileo
03-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Mmmm, granola.

SW
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Gal: :shoot: Nearly inedible at this point bro.

Forgot to meniton yesterday I played basketball early in the morning at school. Woke up before 6 today, threw my **** together, went and lifted and played basketball. I like to wake up early :) Then had track practice, no running, just stretching and lifting. That's right, lifted before and after school.

1st lift

Bench
135x5
225x5
245x5
275x2 didn't wait long enough after 245
275x3

Seated rows
205x5
240x5
275x5
310x5

Just my upper core lifts

btw, calve STILL KILLING ME. Now it really hurts where the muscle attaches to the bone on the right one.

After school lift

Slightly below parallel squat
205x5 easy, but calve killed and I didn't want to hurt myself, so I just quit.

Power cleans
135x5
155x5 I hate these ****ing things

Tricep ext
160x5
180x5
190x5

I really didn't push anything today at all, just moderate effort. I had to try hard on the last set of bench though, as the reps preceding it were fairly new to teh body.

Played basketball this morning. Pretty fun. I can't shoot, dribble or run, but I CAN PASS! I can get the ball to anybody I want, but that's it. Right there. Damn.

TEH DIET

Meal1: 1 cup water
Meal2: 1 granola bar, 3/4 bagel w/ some cream cheese, 1 carton choc milk
Meal3: 1 ****ING SON OF A BITCHING GRANOLA BAR! *whew* :bang:
Meal3: Regular lunch, 2 beef sticks.
Meal4: 4 beef sticks, 1 glass milk, 1 ae icy cold to go choc milk, 1 small chunk of cheese.

Not too bad today.

BEST NOTE OF ALL
I tested my bf last summer, and I was fattened up to an amazing 30% bf! I just checked it today, and it was 20% even! Hell yeah! It be goin' DOOOOOWN!

SW
03-11-2005, 06:13 PM
2 more glasses of milk, 1 michelina, 1 more beef stick. I'm eating plenty today, but it's almost all good food for cutting. (when in moderation of course.)

Going to a bowling party at 9:30, to show the rest of my team up lol.

SW
03-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Meal1: 2 michelinas (also had another last night, got home past midnight, was hungry as hell) 1 glass of water, 1 glass of milk.

Coke
03-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Hope you won't hurt'em too badly at bowling...the highest score I ever got was 230, I was hot as hell that day and it hasn't happened since, lol.

You are real strong as shown by the bench and seated rows...getting serious with that 2-a-day $hit plus basketball, track, and everything- just one busy bro.

SW
03-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Coke: Thanks for the compliments ox.

Bowlin' be hard to get down, I've done it for a few years now and am nowhere near the pros, as some ppl think it's soooo easy to bowl. Sure is. But bowling WELL is quite hard.

Finally, someone notices I never have a moment to rest lol. I love it though. All this activity is dropping my bf like a brick, and keeping my muscles solid. I love my lifestyle.

Last night was a blast. Had fun with the girls, bowled well, and won everything. We had to draw another person to bowl with, then bowl, and whichever pair won go to split the 16 bucks all the people had put in (2 a piece). So the first time I draw the coach, and we win by 22 pins. 8 bucks there. The second game I drew one of my best friends, Steven, and we won handily. 8 more. Always nice to leave the place with more than you came in with :) :D

I'd type more, but I have to go to YABA (Young American Bowling Alliance, a sat morn. league), then I have to go to Des Moines to pick up some wedding clothes. Lol, busy day (as usual).

Canadian Crippler
03-12-2005, 11:33 AM
You're getting married?

SW
03-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Lol no dude, for my friend's dad's wedding this saturday.