PDA

View Full Version : 19 LBS of muscle in 3 months?

Chris Miller
12-20-2004, 10:29 PM
I was watching Jay Leno tonight and he had on that chick who did the new boxing movie. She said with the help of a nutritionalist she put on 19 lbs of muscle in 3 months time for the movie. She said she had to take in a ton of flax oil and 200+ grams of protein per day but she didnt go into much detail.

My question is, can someone set me up on a system that will achieve similar results? I am a 23 yr old male, 190lbs 5' 10" and probably 30% bodyfat. I want to pack on some major muscle while trying to shed the bodyfat at the same time.

Any help is much appreciated!

GMCtrk
12-20-2004, 11:00 PM
19lbs/3 = 6.3lbs LBM in 3 months/4 weeks = ~1.6lbs per week.

To be honest with you, I just don't think that it naturally possible for a female considering their test levels are about 10x lower than a males. 1-2lbs LBM is about the limit for a male per week.

getswole21
12-20-2004, 11:08 PM
whats your lifting experience? supplements? give more detail
shedding fat and gaining Major muscle os not realistic

RichLockyer
12-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Ditto.
She could have made hella progress, especially with gear, but 1.6lb/week consistently for 3 months? Sounds padded. That's a caloric surplus of 800 calories per day, with NO increase in fat.
Not very damned likely, unless she actually packed in an extra 2000 cals/day and had the gained FAT lipo'd out before the shoot.

Hollywood trainers can do some pretty intense things, but I doubt the gains will last.

Adam
12-21-2004, 02:30 AM
With lots of gear and water retention, then maybe.
19lbs lbm i seriousely doubt.

manowar669
12-21-2004, 06:15 PM
19 lbs of MUSCLE, not possible in that timeframe.

OH, and repeat after me:
I can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
I can't get lean and bulk up at the same time.
I can't get beefy and ripped at the same time.
I can't get shredded while adding muscle at the same time.
get it yet
I can't lose fat and muscle up at the same time.
I can't ........

agentplaya1
12-21-2004, 09:22 PM
hahahaha who wants to take bets on how many hours before we see another thread where someone wants to lose some fat but gain muscle at the same time LOL

Adam
12-21-2004, 09:30 PM
OH, and repeat after me:
get it yet
I can't ........

You can't gain muscle at a max rate and lose fat at a max rate at the same time, but it can be done at a moderate pace. You must pay very close attention to your diet though.

Teufelhund
12-21-2004, 10:17 PM
I hear its all about the flax oil... ;)

Vido
12-21-2004, 10:43 PM
You can't gain muscle at a max rate and lose fat at a max rate at the same time, but it can be done at a moderate pace. You must pay very close attention to your diet though.

Agreed. Too much of a pain in the ass though for my liking.

Mystic Eric
12-21-2004, 10:50 PM
I saw her on Leno last night and she's Hilary Swank. I believe those gains actually. Newbie gains are always huge and she was really thin before but now she has some decent muscle on her.

Adam
12-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Agreed. Too much of a pain in the ass though for my liking.

If you don't mind having the same food everyday its not that bad. I like doing it cause i despise losing muscle! Look at ST's journal if you want some nice progress.

ryuage
12-22-2004, 03:54 AM
I hear its all about the flax oil... ;)

dont forget that special joint forumla.

Max-Mex
12-22-2004, 07:30 AM
I saw her on Leno last night and she's Hilary Swank. I believe those gains actually. Newbie gains are always huge and she was really thin before but now she has some decent muscle on her.

Well **** no wonder she gained muscle! Hillary is a skinny ass bitch. Ever see her in "Boys Don't Cry"? Thin as a rail.

galileo
12-22-2004, 07:42 AM
1-2lbs LBM is about the limit for a male per week.

You're joking right? When's the last time you gained 2lbs of lean mass a week?

Guido
12-22-2004, 10:16 AM
2 lbs maybe but it won't be all lean mass. I think that 19 lbs in 3 months is acheivable but I don't think all of that was lean muscle mass. She was probably misstating the facts.

geoffgarcia
12-22-2004, 10:29 AM
if she hired charles poloquin it MIGHT be possible...but without investing 50-150k I dont think its possible.
For the avg joe gaining that much in 24 months is good, let alone 3 months....

manowar669
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I agree with Geoff, the beginning of this thread asked if 19 lbs of MUSCLE was possible in 3 months. It's not possible.
19 lbs of LBM, not likely, but possible.
19lbs of semi-lean body mass, not much of a problem.
19lbs of crap, easy.
19 lbs of MUSCLE (naturally) would take probably 2-3 years at least. I read that Mike Mentzer (and I'm not saying he was the best or anything, but he was more dedicated and devoted more money/time than 99% of the people out there, and not natural) put on 25 lbs of MUSCLE in 5 YEARS.

geoffgarcia
12-22-2004, 01:30 PM
... put on 25 lbs on MUSCLE in 5 YEARS.
the larger you get the harder it is to put on muscle...
someone at 5'10 with 200lbs of lbm is going to have a harder time gaining 10more lbs of lbm than someone that is 5'10 with only 120lbs of LBM.
also age is a factor and genetics play a small role.

I think mentzer was 5'8 and contest weight of 220 and off season 260, so I can see how he'd have a hard time gaining 5lbs of muscle

manowar669
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
the larger you get the harder it is to put on muscle...
someone at 5'10 with 200lbs of lbm is going to have a harder time gaining 10more lbs of lbm than someone that is 5'10 with only 120lbs of LBM.
also age is a factor and genetics play a small role

Yes, that's true.

wannab250
12-25-2004, 07:14 PM
damn, i dont understand why everyone doesnt beleive that this is possible. i gained 25lbs (from 160 to 185) in 3 months just eating like a horse and workin out 5 days a week, my gym partner gained almost exactly what i did.

granted neither of us had jobs so we could eat all day and work out everyday probably helped. i know that all of it was not lean muscle but what else would you expect i still have a 6 pack (naturally lucky me). my beceps went from 14" to 16 1/4 and my whole body looks way better.. everyone i see now is like daaaaamn..

also just to add i did a cycle of gear (wish i wouldnt have until i had more experience) and i currently sit at a solid 200lbs. IMO eat like a horse and get in good workouts and you will grow real fast for the first couple months then it will slow down...

HahnB
12-25-2004, 07:28 PM
damn, i dont understand why everyone doesnt beleive that this is possible. i gained 25lbs (from 160 to 185) in 3 months just eating like a horse and workin out 5 days a week, my gym partner gained almost exactly what i did.

Did you read the thread-nobody is saying she couldn't have gained 19lbs, it's just not possible for it to be "all muscle" as she claimed.

wannab250
12-25-2004, 10:42 PM
hah, damn my bad,,, must still be liqured from last night

Shao-LiN
12-26-2004, 09:58 AM
I was watching Jay Leno tonight and he had on that chick who did the new boxing movie. She said with the help of a nutritionalist she put on 19 lbs of muscle in 3 months time for the movie. She said she had to take in a ton of flax oil and 200+ grams of protein per day but she didnt go into much detail.

My question is, can someone set me up on a system that will achieve similar results? I am a 23 yr old male, 190lbs 5' 10" and probably 30% bodyfat. I want to pack on some major muscle while trying to shed the bodyfat at the same time.

Any help is much appreciated!

Sorry, you'd need to be using some gear and have your diet and lifting routine set. Even then, that's a pretty hefty goal. You can gain 12 pounds in 3 months as a more realistic goal, but it still won't be all lean body mass.

Vapour Trails
12-30-2004, 02:25 PM
I'd be surprised if a female could put on 19 pounds of pure muscle in a lifetime, to say nothing of a couple of months. Where's the testosterone? There isn't any.

KiwiBuilder
12-30-2004, 02:39 PM
19 lbs of MUSCLE, not possible in that timeframe.

OH, and repeat after me:
get it yet
I can't ........
I have to disagree. My workout buddy is doing exactly that. Perhaps he's not gaining muscle at the rate he should be, but he is definately gaining muscle whilst his pants get looser...

Scott S
12-30-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm guessing she gained enough LBM that she figured all of it was muscle. It's not like we pay Hollywood starlets to be technically correct all the time. ;)