PDA

View Full Version : Good PWO meal?

reg56
12-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Just want to know if this is a good meal to have post workout.

2 scoops 100% whey with water (right after workout)

About 45 minutes later:
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 stalk of celery (chopped)
1 cup of baby carrots (chopped)
1 can of tuna

I mix everything together in a bowl. Yea, I know it sounds really, really wierd, but it actually tastes pretty good. Just wondering if this is a good pwo meal. Also, is it better to take whey with milk or water pwo? I usually have it with milk in the morning and before bed, but I don't know what to use pwo.

Behemoth
12-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Taking the whey with water PWO is fine. But you also need carbs then, many people opt to use juice or gatorade with their whey PWO for this reason.

The 45 minute later workout looks fine.

Vido
12-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Throw some dextrose or Gatorade into the mix either during your workout or right after and you're golden.

waynis
12-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Looks great. I wouldn't change anything about it. Wouldn't hurt to add a fruit with your protein shake though.

agentplaya1
12-23-2004, 01:03 AM
you need carbs with the post-workout protein shake

reg56
12-23-2004, 03:27 PM
So should I just add some quick oats to my shake?

Behemoth
12-24-2004, 01:19 PM
So should I just add some quick oats to my shake?

Oats aren't really the type of carbs you're looking for. They're very slowly digested and you want some much more rapid that will aid in glycogen replenishment imediately. Dextrose and maltodextrin are optimal but if you don't want to buy those just try to find something around the house. Anything from white bread to fruit to candy will be better than oats