PDA

View Full Version : High Calorie Menu Thread

-TIM-
12-26-2004, 03:13 PM
I was driving home from the gym today and the only thing on my mind was what should I eat. That and I wanted to take in at least 1000 calories for my post workout meal. Then I thought how nice it would be if I, or we, had a list of high calorie meals to make things easy. I know many of us post our meals in our journals and list how many calories it added up to. So if you have any high calorie meals that are regular to your diet, post them here and list the nutritional break down. If you know them, list calories, carbs, protein and maybe fat. That way if we're ever stumped on what to eat, or we want to try something new, we can refer to this thread. Have at it!

Vido
12-26-2004, 04:28 PM
500g no salt cottage cheese + 300g dry pasta + 350mL tomato sauce

I've been having that post-workout quite a bit. It's about 1400 cals. I'd say something like 90g protein, 225g carbs, 15g fat.

snowster900
12-26-2004, 05:11 PM
PB on Any kind of crackers w\ glass of milk and a yogart... nothing much just a little snack i have when im bored.
Id say Around 500 cals, 25g protein , 18 grams of fat ( from PB of course) :)

Vido
12-26-2004, 08:01 PM
PB on Any kind of crackers w\ glass of milk and a yogart... nothing much just a little snack i have when im bored.
Id say Around 500 cals, 25g protein , 18 grams of fat ( from PB of course) :)

Crackers are not a good source of food. You eat crackers when your mom puts them in your lunch when you're 6.

snowster900
12-26-2004, 08:03 PM
its just like 5 crackers.. like wheat thins or something i just use it for somethign to put PB on i just pound the pb on it

Vido
12-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Bah, you don't need anything for the pb except a big spoon ;).

Cubby
12-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Bah, you don't need anything for the pb except a big spoon ;).
and a nice glass of milk

RickTheDestroyer
12-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Well hell, these two recipes played a large part in the bulk that I'm sadly about to end.

Rick's Awesome Bulkin' French Toast
10 Slices whole wheat bread
6 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk (skim or 1% or whatever)
Vanilla and cinnamon to taste
a tiny bit of sugar and a pinch of salt

Beat the eggs, sugar (seriously just a little, more than maybe a tsp and it tastes less good), salt, vanilla extract (or artificial ****, whatever), and cinnamon until all nicely mixed. Stir in milk. By beating the bejesus out of the eggs before you put in the milk, you help everything stay together instead of separating. Toast the bread just slightly, this is to improve its structural integrity for when you soak it. Heat up a pan (cast iron, preferably) with some olive oil in it. The olive taste burns off and leaves lots of good fat. Soak (really soak it- dunk it, and leave it in there for a minute or so) the bread in the mix, throw it in the pan (stove at medium or medium/low heat), and cook both sides until good and brown. Top however you see fit. I like to mix smart balance, sugar free or all-fruit jelly (raspberry works well) and "light" syrup, and then throw it in the microwave to melt the smart balance, stir and enjoy.

RickTheDestroyer
12-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Recipe two: (I split the post because my computer likes to freeze)

Rick's Awesome Bulking Salmon Cakes
1 can o' salmon
4 slices whole wheat bread
3 eggs
1-2 TBSP lemon juice
1-2 TBSP brown mustard
Assorted seasoning agents

Drain the salmon (sort of, leave a little juice and oil), remove bones and flake vigorously with a fork. Leave the skin in, because it's good for you. Dump mustard/Lemon juice/eggs in and stir while the bread is toasting. Heat oven to about 375 or so. Mix some good-tasting stuff into the salmon crap- I use old bay, chili powder, garlic powder, onions, some mrs. dash, and some asorted green herby ****. Whatever. It's not rocket science, you just throw some crap in to make it taste good. Rip/crush the heavily toasted bread into the mixture, and stir. Take a cookie sheet and grease it real good with some olive oil (I put aluminum foil on the cookie sheet because I'm an ******* and I hate washing things). Grease up your hands a little, too, and make little balls of salmon, and mush them a little flat between your hands. Size is pretty much up to you, I'm willing to spend more time making them in order to help them cook faster, so I make them little. Put them on the cookie sheet (don't smoosh them down, they'll stick worse that way), and throw them sombitches in the oven for 10-25 minutes, or however long you can wait before eating them. I like to dip them in a combination of mustard/lemon juice/olive oil and more seasoning crap.

Eating a whole batch before the gym is a good way to get really awful salmon burps, and/or make yourself puke while deadlifting.

Teh BDK
12-26-2004, 11:09 PM
By the time I realized that this is less a recipe and more just a lot of regular food, I had already typed everything below.
Enjoy.

Budiak's Power Bulking Breakfast:

Though it really isn't a recipe, it is actually very easy to prepare. The only thing you really have to cook is the eggs, and you can nuke the beans while they cook or just eat them cold. The toast takes the longest, but if you toast it to medium you can usually get your six slices out of a 2-slot toaster in about as long as it takes to cook the 8 eggs. I was only able to cook 3 eggs at a time, so if you've got a bigger pan...I guess you can afford a bigger toaster.

I suppose that my reason for posting this is that the total cook time for this meal is under 15 minutes and you probably have all of the ingredients right now. If you're on everything right when it pops/beeps/sizzles, you can have this from fridge/can/carton to mouth in ten minutes.

So really the only difference between this and a regular breakfast is that it has baked beans. If you're british, this is pretty much a regular breakfast, I guess. So you can bite me.

8 eggs cooked any way
6 slices toast
1 can baked beans
1 quart milk

I used to eat this breakfast every day (not always in the morning) when I bulked for the first time and lordy lord, Etta Mae, did I gain weight.

Its upwards of 2250 calories, assuming that an egg is 80, a slice of wheat bread is 120 calories, and the whole milk is 160 calories a cup. Beans, I don't know. I calculated them at 120 calories a cup, 2 cups a can.

So it'd be: 2250 calories, 116 protein, ~230 carbs, 100 fat, and 28g fiber

Teh BDK
12-26-2004, 11:20 PM
EZ Quasi-stir fry

2 chicken breasts
1c shredded cabbage
1/2 maui sweet onion
1/2 orange bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1c quartered crimini or shiitake mushrooms (depending on price)
1/2c sugar snap peas
2tsp sesame oil
1tbsp olive oil
1/2tsp mined ginger
2 minced garlic cloves
Lobster sauce and soy sauce to taste
White cooking wine, if you have the balls
Cooked brown rice

Now keep in mind that I usually microwave my chicken. I slice it up and baste it in lobster sauce for a few minutes after it cooks. I've got microwave chicken down to a science...that I won't share with you.

Ok, so here's how I do this. I throw the oil in the pan and let it heat up to medium. I have all of the vegetables cut up to my liking (I like big chunks of veggies, not tiny diced ones. You can dice if you want, but don't expect me to like it.) by this time.
I chuck the ginger and garlic into the hot oil and stir immediately until the garlic just starts to brown, then I dump in the cabbage and stir. It should lower the temperature enough to stop the garlic and ginger from burning. Let it cook for a moment. Now toss in the bell peppers, mushrooms, and the onion. Let it cook for, oh...5 minutes, stirring regularly. This is when I usually add about six shakes of soy sauce and a tiny bit, maybe three teaspoons, of cooking wine.
When the peppers are on the cusp of being cooked, add the mushrooms and peas. It is important not to overcook peas or they will get mushy. If you like your peas mushy, go ahead and add them with the peppers. I don't care if you like to eat disgusting, poorly cooked peas.

The peas should be cooked and hot, but have a light crunch when you bite down through them. This is when you remove it from heat.

You can eat the vegetables separated from your chicken or you can mix it up and put it on the rice...you know, I'm not going to tell you how to eat it. Do what you want.

Be warned. This is almost an assload of food.

Macros? Lets see. For the whole thing, something like 70g protein, 100g carbs (I get confused with veggies), and I would guess 20g fat. With the rice, it depends on how much rice you eat. Also, if you add more oil to cook,. it raises fat. But its unsaturated, so its all good.

-TIM-
12-27-2004, 06:27 AM
Doesn't even have to be a recipe. If it's quick in easy then that's even better.

illazz1own
12-27-2004, 02:00 PM
mcdonalds $1 menu...works great for my bulk....3 double cheeseburgers,2 apple pies=$5....heh

-TIM-
12-27-2004, 03:38 PM
mcdonalds $1 menu...works great for my bulk....3 double cheeseburgers,2 apple pies=$5....heh

Good deal. I just scored $5 in McDonalds gift certificates last night.

javyn
12-27-2004, 04:35 PM
yeah sometimes i like to go to wendy's and get 6 jr bacon cheeseburgers. for a fast food fix.

also, subway is good too. 6 inch meatball sub is almost 600 calories!

illazz1own
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
wow thats nice jav..so if i grab a 12 incher thats like 1200 ima have to stock up on some of those calorie missles..

snowster900
12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
How much protein does a 12 inch sub have?

javyn
12-27-2004, 08:26 PM
a 12 inch would have 126 carbs, 48 protein, 1120 calories

smalls
12-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Depends on the sub, the chickin will have about 50g.

Today after my postworkout shake I had half the family size box of mac and cheese and a can of tuna. Just under 1000 cals, 60+g of protein and if you make it with skim milk and go half on the butter or margerine it's really not that high in fat. I had no milk and used my roomates (Expired dec 10th) Your not hardcore until you eat mac and cheese made with spoiled milk, lol. Spare me on the eating clean bull****, mac and cheese is not a staple, once a month or so it's pretty damn good though.

I used to eat meals that had recipes, now it's just a bunch of food mixed together that meet my caloric and protein needs and is usually lowfat. Actually that's the first time I have used the stove in quite a while tuna, turkey, milk, fruit, weightgainer, oatmeal and bread is my normal diet. Eating warm food is kind of a rarity for me.

-TIM-
12-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I always mix a can of tuna with a packet of easy mac. Makes for a good snack when I need something quick.

RussianRocket
12-28-2004, 01:07 PM
i'm curently working on a 5000 cals a day meal plan. I've got most things figured out. I will post it once i get back to Toronto and start my bulk. I'm taking it easy during the holidays so far.

illazz1own
12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
my daily intake usualy goes somthing like this..

breakfast 2 packets of oatmeal,2 scoops of nlarge,fruit

workout come back ...2 more scoops of nlarge,3 boiled eggs,4oz chicken breats,can of green beans,2 peices of bread with peanut butter on them.

mid dinner snack usually like 2 burritos,glass of milk

dinner lots of meat,baked photato,a canned vegetable,glass of milk

after dinner meal usualy around 7:00 2 more burritto's,various snacks like photato salad ect..

about 9:00 can of tuna,some more peanut butter toast,yogurt

bedtime 2 scoops of nlarge...

that is usually about what i intake during the day...seems to be working pretty well im almost up to 180 and i started at 155.....

ide like to here your guy's routine eating too that would be helpful ty

SpecialK
12-30-2004, 06:35 PM
3 cups milk
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 chopped up banana

Put all this in a blender and mix. It's about 1100 cals and you can easily make it more by just adding more of whatever ingrediant you want. I forget the actual breakdown but I think its something like 50/20/30 c/f/p. I can down one of these even when I have no appetite whatsoever (which seems to happen quite frequently since I've upped my cals to 5k/day...)

Scott S
12-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Don't forget egg nog -- 400 cal/cup and most stores still have some around! :thumbup:

MrWebb78
12-30-2004, 07:11 PM
blender concoctions never get old. even if they are gross i still drink them because i made them and it wont take long to suffer thru.

2cups OJ
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1 banana
handful of strawberries
any amount of vanilla whey or egg protein. (usually 1.5 servings to = 30 grms)

^^this one tastes pretty decent, good for a mid morning snack before lunch. somewhere between 800-1000 cals i think.

most of my meals are full course. not quick and easy.

snowster900
12-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Still working on it but heres today
Breakfast- 3 peices ww toast w\ PB, Cereal , 1 1\2 glass of milk, and a yogart

Meal 2 - 12 inch SUBWAY chicken sub no mayo or stuff like that

Meal 3 - Tuna sandwitch no mayo, Big bowl of pasta, yogart , glass of milk , 2 tbs PB

Meal 4 - not sure how much .. but like 4 pecies of grilled chicken around 50 grams of protein and a few other things not much

Meal 5 - Yogart glass of milk 1 peice of WW bread, granola bar

Meal 6 - hmm.. thinking about what im gonna have right now i know its gonna be at least 400 cals though

PhillyBZ
12-31-2004, 11:20 AM
1/2 cup cottage cheese
As much Vanilla ice cream as you want
4 Tbs of Peanut butter
2 Cups of Milk
1/4 cup of Malto Dextrin/add some whey if you want
Blend it up add some chocolate syrup

OH man.. its SO good