PDA

View Full Version : Still Bulking

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey guys I don't even know if I'm worthy to post with the rest of you guys. I've gained about 15 pounds since i last posted but i'm not really seeing it. My goal was 175-180 and I'm about 165 now. I admit my biggest problem it not eating enough; it's a problem I'm still working on(having been a really skinny guy).

I've always hated my legs so I've been hitting them hard with squats and leg presses but my chest always seems to lag behind everything else. Also, i have been running out of energy about half way through my workouts.

here's a few pics

http://photos.yahoo.com/klhlln

Clinto
12-27-2004, 07:10 PM
can't see them.

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 08:07 PM
they should be up now

snowster900
12-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Damn, loooking nice looks like your chest is lagging a little bit but nothing some heavy benching can solve doesn't like like your legs are lagging to me.
You could probably gain a good 20 lbs and not even look fat still . eat lots

shirtbuster
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Look good bro, some nice separation in the quads. I'd try to bulk up the torso some more if that's the look you'd like to cultivate. Otherwise, nice work so far. You should be proud.

If you're poopin' out in your workouts, either 1. not enough food, 2. not enough rest, 3. workouts are too long, or 4. a little of all 3 previous. I found when I cut my workouts back from 90 minutes to an hour or even less, my progress both strength and size-wise went through the roof.

Less is more as long as the effort doesn't diminish.

What's your chest workout like currently? Maybe I can give a hand.

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Damn, loooking nice looks like your chest is lagging a little bit but nothing some heavy benching can solve doesn't like like your legs are lagging to me.
You could probably gain a good 20 lbs and not even look fat still . eat lots

thanks i'm trying to add about 10 to 20 pounds but as far as the chest goes i can only bench about 160 for 8 reps for 4 sets and i can't seem to get anything heavier up for more than 4 reps.

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Look good bro, some nice separation in the quads. I'd try to bulk up the torso some more if that's the look you'd like to cultivate. Otherwise, nice work so far. You should be proud.

If you're poopin' out in your workouts, either 1. not enough food, 2. not enough rest, 3. workouts are too long, or 4. a little of all 3 previous. I found when I cut my workouts back from 90 minutes to an hour or even less, my progress both strength and size-wise went through the roof.

thanks for the advice, man. i currently workout 4 days a week for about 90 minutes i guess i could cut back but what should i keep in my routine?

As for my chest:

bench press - 4 sets 8 reps
incline bench - 4 sets 8 reps
decline bench - 3 sets 10 reps
cable flys - 4 sets 12 reps

i do this 2 days a week but i still can't really increase the weight or reps i guess i just need to eat more, man.

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 08:41 PM

and i rest about 1 minute between sets.

shirtbuster
12-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm sure lotsa guys have similar routines to yours, but what's done the best for me is something like this:

incline bench - 3 sets 6-8 reps
decline OR flat bench - 3 sets 6-8 reps
incline flies 2 sets 10-12 reps
decline or machine flies 2 sets 10-12 reps

As a rule, I've never gone above 10 sets for bodyparts, even problem bodyparts. If I'm just maintaining, I might only do 6-8 sets, and (for me anyway) it seems to work fine. Also, I never work any bodypart more than once every 4-5 days, or more commonly, once a week. Recovery plays a huge part in the bodybuilding game, especially when you're staying natural.

Finally, I advocate changing your routine every 1-2 months just for variety's sake. Again, some guys swear by the same routine, but most I've found seem to thrive better on changing routines every couple months. You can simply 1. rearrange the order of your exercises, 2. change the reps, 3. switch from bars to dumbbells or machines and vice-a-versa, or 4. swap one exercise for another. Any one or combo of those 4 should start you seeing new gains.

Stay in touch bro.

Gabrielle
12-27-2004, 08:56 PM
yeah..you are still lean..keep up the bulking..you have a lot of potential..you ever think about competing in a bodybuilding contest?

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm sure lotsa guys have similar routines to yours, but what's done the best for me is something like this:

incline bench - 3 sets 6-8 reps
decline OR flat bench - 3 sets 6-8 reps
incline flies 2 sets 10-12 reps
decline or machine flies 2 sets 10-12 reps

As a rule, I've never gone above 10 sets for bodyparts, even problem bodyparts. If I'm just maintaining, I might only do 6-8 sets, and (for me anyway) it seems to work fine. Also, I never work any bodypart more than once every 4-5 days, or more commonly, once a week. Recovery plays a huge part in the bodybuilding game, especially when you're staying natural.

Finally, I advocate changing your routine every 1-2 months just for variety's sake. Again, some guys swear by the same routine, but most I've found seem to thrive better on changing routines every couple months. You can simply 1. rearrange the order of your exercises, 2. change the reps, 3. switch from bars to dumbbells or machines and vice-a-versa, or 4. swap one exercise for another. Any one or combo of those 4 should start you seeing new gains.

Stay in touch bro.

thanks man the chest routine looks good. as far as my full routine i guess it's time to switch things around the whole thing was starting to get a little stale.
what your routine, man? i've been training for about a year now do you think i'm up to it?

thanks again man

infinitynokia
12-27-2004, 10:07 PM
yeah..you are still lean..keep up the bulking..you have a lot of potential..you ever think about competing in a bodybuilding contest?

thanks, i've thought about it but i'm thinking i still got about a year of serious work in the gym before i would even qualify for any competition.

orbital
12-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Looking pretty good to me overall. No real problem areas that I see. Just keep doing what you are doing. 165lbs at what height?

Canadian Crippler
12-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Lookin g8, m8 :D

theperfectbeast
12-28-2004, 12:48 AM
yeah dude how tall are you? im guessing 5'6" - 5'7"

Canadarm
12-28-2004, 03:56 AM
great bicepts and legs, you got a serious case of the lagging chest but that'll come soon enough. How tall are you?

infinitynokia
12-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Looking pretty good to me overall. No real problem areas that I see. Just keep doing what you are doing. 165lbs at what height?

i'm 5'10"

ryuage
12-28-2004, 08:20 AM
wow you look a lot heavier than 165.... nice progress infinity legs are coming along real nice as well

orbital
12-28-2004, 07:51 PM
agreed. at 5'10 I would have guessed that you are 175-180lbs.

Manveet
12-28-2004, 07:52 PM
looking good.

infinitynokia
12-28-2004, 10:08 PM
wow you look a lot heavier than 165.... nice progress infinity legs are coming along real nice as well

thanks man i've been puttin' a lot of time into them and it's nice to start seeing results but man nothing drains me like leg day

infinitynokia
12-28-2004, 10:09 PM
agreed. at 5'10 I would have guessed that you are 175-180lbs.

thanks man but that the range i'm still shooting for.

infinitynokia
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the comments guys here are a few more pics of my upper body and i've been working on my back. i've been doing pretty simple lifts like wide grip pullups, deadlifts, bentover rows, close grip pulldowns, and cable rows. Is there anything i should add, take out, or work on.

thanks

infinitynokia
12-28-2004, 10:17 PM
one more

Hickory
12-29-2004, 12:18 AM
looking swoll to me. your triceps look huge. only thing i see lagging really is back. hit those chinups bro.

HahnB
12-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Lookin good, you look like you should be benching more than 160 for 8 though...put some dips in there.

getfit
12-29-2004, 03:08 AM
you look awesome great work:)

Clinto
12-29-2004, 04:34 AM
looking good... whats your arm size they look big :)

infinitynokia
12-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Lookin good, you look like you should be benching more than 160 for 8 though...put some dips in there.

thanks I added some dips but don't know if i'm ready to do weighted dips yet. i do 4 sets of 15 regular dips and have been thinkin' about adding some weight. have you tried weighted dips man and if so when did you start adding weight and how much? also what esle will help me get my bench up?

infinitynokia
12-29-2004, 09:02 PM
you look awesome great work:)

thanks
:rolleyes:

infinitynokia
12-29-2004, 09:57 PM
looking good... whats your arm size they look big :)

thanks Clinto but they are only 15 1/2 inches - not that big right?

awakeye
12-29-2004, 10:19 PM
if you are really 5'10 looking like that, your scale must be broken or your pics are making you look bigger then you are, i personaly think you are heavier then 165 lbs.

infinitynokia
12-29-2004, 10:26 PM
if you are really 5'10 looking like that, your scale must be broken or your pics are making you look bigger then you are, i personaly think you are heavier then 165 lbs.

man i wish my scale was broken because i want more mass but i am 165 shooting for 175-180 by next fall.

Canadian Crippler
12-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Damn... I'm 5"10 165 aswell and I don't look close to that big.

infinitynokia
12-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Damn... I'm 5"10 165 aswell and I don't look close to that big.

aahh but your pretty ripped man

Guido
12-30-2004, 08:44 AM
As for your chest, you mentioned that you are hitting them twice a week with your routine. I would only work each body part once per week, working fewer sets at heavier weights, 6 reps per set for your work sets. You should notice some improvement after changing that up from your old routine as long as you eat well and get plenty of rest.

Lookin' great, though, overall :thumbup:

infinitynokia
12-30-2004, 10:48 AM
As for your chest, you mentioned that you are hitting them twice a week with your routine. I would only work each body part once per week, working fewer sets at heavier weights, 6 reps per set for your work sets. You should notice some improvement after changing that up from your old routine as long as you eat well and get plenty of rest.

Lookin' great, though, overall :thumbup:

thanks man and i'll lower the reps currently i do 8 to 10 reps per set.

McFerret85
12-30-2004, 11:57 AM
You look great! Your arms and traps are awesome. A couple of those back shots make you look like a monster - definitely would never guess you are only 165 at 5' 10".

infinitynokia
12-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Happy New Year guys

orbital
12-31-2004, 05:25 PM
I can see the leaness in your new pics. I see the 165lbs now. Your arms are clearly your best bodypart IMO. Excellent tricep development and bicep development/genetics. Back is looking pretty good. I think it is your chest that needs work. Happy new year, best of luck!

infinitynokia
12-31-2004, 11:14 PM
I can see the leaness in your new pics. I see the 165lbs now. Your arms are clearly your best bodypart IMO. Excellent tricep development and bicep development/genetics. Back is looking pretty good. I think it is your chest that needs work. Happy new year, best of luck!

Thanks man Happy New Year to you too, but what does IMO mean.

infinitynokia
01-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know of any good protein shakes

getfit
01-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks man Happy New Year to you too, but what does IMO mean.
IMO:in my opinion

Stefanogym
02-25-2005, 02:34 AM
watching your picture, you need to give more focus to your back...infact it seems as you have wingly shoulder blades....
you need a lot of horizontal pulling, so : pulley, barbell rows, on all...
consider a good balance between these movements and the push ones...watching your posture you are working too much on pushing than on pulling on the horizontal plane
i will advice yo to intrduce some work on external rotators too...
your body is impressive but needs this last work to be really balanced
you have good potential shape

Stefanogym
02-25-2005, 02:36 AM
maybe you have to work to deactivate some trigger points on many muscles involved in scapulae dynamics

Stefanogym
02-25-2005, 02:36 AM
if you live in california, when i will be there i can be your personal trainer

infinitynokia
03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
if you live in california, when i will be there i can be your personal trainer

thanks for your advice i sent you a message