PDA

View Full Version : boxed meat?

cwm
12-27-2004, 07:42 PM
ok i searched and had trouble finding anything. I think this has been covered before so maybe someone could help me find an informative post. Are the perservatives really bad? Should I only buy fresh chicken? Cause I have been buying boneless skinless breasts frozen in a box from a boxed meat place. I heard they were bad and i thought i recalled someone mentioning they are bad on here.

smalls
12-27-2004, 08:21 PM
It depends on what type of boxed chicken your talking about and what you mean by bad. If it's just normal frozen chicken breasts in a box it shouldnt be that big a deal. It may have some type of preservative and a little more sodium than the fresh stuff, but it's really not gonna make a big difference IMO. Whatever you can get cheaper bro.

cwm
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
yeah i cant see this boxed stuff that i was buying before beeing too bad. Thanks for the info.

Teh BDK
12-28-2004, 01:31 PM
'Boxed meat' paints an ugly picture.

I got a ten pound box of foster farms chicken breasts...but all it is is individually wrapped and frozen chicken breasts that happen to be in a box.

I assume that you're not talking about a bunch of meat stuffed in a box with no wrapping that leaks red goo all over your hands and sticks to the counter.