PDA

View Full Version : Any comments On this diet if I want to lose 40 pounds by April

LouGambrell
12-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Guys how does this diet sound to you
(I am at 231 now and want to get down to 85 0r 190)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as of 1/2005 this will be my new diet
same thing everyday.

8. am
egg whites and candian bacon
or oatmeal and oeanut butter on whole grain bread.
2 glasses of water

11am
shake
Opticen shake w/ 323 cals and 52grams of protien, and 25grams of carbs
2 glasses of water

1pm.
turkey and lettuce salad
or bone less chicken chopped up into the salad
2 glasses of water

4pm
2% skim milk cheese stick
2 glasses of water

5pm or 6pm
turkey burger wrapped in romain lettuce with kidney beans on the side
2 glasses of water

then go work out in gym do aerobics,swim and lift weights all week

8pm snack
Opticen shake w/ 323 cals and 52grams of protien and 25grams of carbs

Guys will I lose the weight on this type of diet. (what would you ad or delete)?

also i will cut the drinking out and no more soda or sweets, lie cookies.

MrWebb78
12-27-2004, 10:44 PM
youre going to be starving on that diet i think. at least i would be.

i would suggest to up your fats in at least three of the meals. eat some salmon or at least take some fish caps or Add flaxseed to your shakes.

this looks like a recipe for severe muscle loss as well as fat, what is your ultimate goal?

LouGambrell
12-27-2004, 11:03 PM
youre going to be starving on that diet i think. at least i would be.

i would suggest to up your fats in at least three of the meals. eat some salmon or at least take some fish caps or Add flaxseed to your shakes.

this looks like a recipe for severe muscle loss as well as fat, what is your ultimate goal?

i AM FAT AND I AM TRYING TO PSEED UP MY METABOLISM. i do not care about being big , I just want to be thin again. so i can wear what i want to and start running 5k's again. I am a runner. I want to get slim and get a 6 pack abs. I am 39 and have never been this big before.

How can i up my fats in my 3 meals?

spillman
12-28-2004, 06:14 AM
take fish capsules, they are called Omega 3' Fats; which are good fats.

just walk 15 mins, and then begin your runs, I am heavy too, and need to be extra limber before i start my running. Jogging is the way i lose the most wieght, so i have began that again.

crazedwombat
12-28-2004, 06:32 AM
assuming the water is 8oz thats good. for just cutting thats fine, that and cardio and I'm sure you'll drop quite a bit by april. I dont start cutting until april-june...in time for summer :) but hope youre serious and not just another resolutioner...

sublime99
12-28-2004, 11:06 AM
How many calories is that? You want to break it down to a science so that you can put yourself into a deficit every week. It takes roughly around 3500 calorie deficit to loose one pound of fat so to loose 10 lbs a month you have to loose 2.5 lbs a week that means putting yourself at a 9500 calorie deficit for the week. right now you weigh 231, so try eating around 15-18 calories per lbs.(everyone is different i am using numbers that work for me). Right now to maintain you must eat around 3500 calories, or 25,000 a week. With proper diet and excercise you should cut your calories back to around 2200-2500 no more than that and do cardio 3-5 days a week to put you at your proper deficit to loose the weight you want.

Use www.fitday.com it is very good on calculating calories and macros.