PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur book and Bench Shirts????

whitechocolate
12-29-2004, 11:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever read the book on Dinosaur Training?? And what do you think about that? And also, i've done research on here about bench shirts, but no one says how much on avg they gain by wearing one or if they benefit you by adding the extra poundage, does it equal heavier muscle stimulation or does it handicap ur lift and stress ur muscles less??? I've just started the dinosaur training book and their recommended routines, and i seem to be breaking some plateaus in little over a month. Anyone with experience with either of these topics, let me know as much info as u can. I am thinkin about purchasing a bench shirt, but not sure which one or if i'll benefit from it. I wont be entering any comps, but i'd like to see how high i can get my bench. Is the Phenom anygood and whats the diff between double layer and single?? I have no idea bout bench shirts, so any info is great as simple as it is. Thanks guys, Get back to me on here............

ericg
12-30-2004, 05:36 AM
I dont see why you would want a shirt if you are not going to compete. Just lift raw.

Paul Stagg
12-30-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm not a huge fan of dionosaur training.

I don't see any reason to use a bench shirt if you are not going to lift in meets.

whitechocolate
12-30-2004, 08:31 AM
I just was wondering if a shirt makes any difference on muscle size. Does the added weight that u use with a shirt translate into more muscle stimulation or does it take away from the raw lifting power you have without one. Meaning, if u have 400 pounds without a shirt, ur gonna struggle with it and not get the weight up so you really dont get any benefit from such a heavy weight, but with a shirt, u throw the weight up easily, does that make ur muscles then get the brunt of the stress of 400lbs?? I hope u guys understand the question i am tryin to ask, i dont think i'm explaining it very well.

whitechocolate
12-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Also, the dinosaur training book makes some good points, it kind of follows the same routine as the heavy duty workout, but with a few more sets. I was wondering if you guys have ever tried it and gained much on it compared to your other routines?

ericg
12-30-2004, 12:26 PM
If you can lift 300 raw max, then slap on a shirt and get 400 I doubt that it helps with muscle growth - it's assisting you. It will help your 1RM after some training with it on, thas about it.