PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate.........

[[[----]]]
12-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey guys.....umm.. i have a weakness for chocolate, but i'm bulking anyway so is it okay to eat some or a lot occasionally.

Vampiro
12-30-2004, 10:04 PM
your gonna get different responses, but hey, why don't you eat chocalte PWO? i usally eat smarties, they've got a high gi, and tasty.

Cynical_Simian
12-30-2004, 11:00 PM
The high fat of a chocolate bar would be less than ideal as part of a PWO meal. Also, even though you're bulking and chocolate will give you a lot of calories, the combination of fat and high-GI carbs increases your chances of gaining fat. If chocolate protein powders or cocoa as part of a PWO shake don't satisfy your cravings, I guess you could throw some fat-free chocolate syrup in there. There are better ways to get your high-GI PWO carbs (i.e. dextrose), but the sucrose would be nearly as effective while helping you get your chocolate fix.

RBC13
12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
Unsweetend chocolate is the answer.

[[[----]]]
01-05-2005, 09:17 AM
man chocolate syrup sounds good in a protein shake, gonna have to try that out i think

NOPowerPaul
01-05-2005, 10:37 AM
I've a nasty sweet tooth and although I eat really clean all week I do allow myself the mother of all cheat days. On a friday night, which is a weights day I eat a full packet of McVities Chocolate HobNobs.

So on a Friday I have my usual 3500 calories from good stuff but then I throw in the biscuits. The full packet adds upto around 3,500 cals - please don't flame me to death it's my one and only vice in life.

[[[----]]]
01-05-2005, 09:13 PM
lol.... well i dont feel so bad now. think ill just cut down to just one day of chocolate....but let me tell you on that one day ill come close to a chocolate OD! HA!