PDA

View Full Version : Small guy needs routine

eatmore
12-31-2004, 03:36 PM
unlike most people on this site im trying to gain weight not lose fat and than harden up... ive already worked out for about a year seriously, and longer than that, but i wasnt so serious b4 the last year... anyways, i looked at the wanna be big routines, and my routines i do a lot more sets and a lot more excercises... for example, ill do 3 sets of all the diff arm workouts i do, and i do about 6 bicep workouts at once at the gym... so about 18 sets in all and 180 reps... wanna be big routine #1 says to only do 2 excercises and 3 sets of 6-8 reps... as u can see thats a lot less reps... wont this be counter productive? should i just start on #2 or 3? and i was curious, i know u load the weight on, but when i load the weight on, am i to maintain form when its for bulding mass, or do i just go as heavy as possible and crank them up? much appreciated... and keep in mind, i may need diff routines since im a "hardgainer" and am already thin... im 6'0 155 lbs... would be about 125 if i didnt work out... thanks...

Adam
01-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Just follow the WBB routine to the Tee for 8 weeks. Then adjust the sets as needed.

snowster900
01-01-2005, 09:38 AM
well first alot of people are here to gain weight ALOT, and 6 bicep workouts seems like alot.... the bicep is a small muscle i wouln'dt do that much . Try WBB 1 i started it out a few weeks ago and was skepticle about the idea about all the stuff to but i tried it out and it feels good, you can change the stuff around . like for bicep i guess u can add 1 more exercise if it makes you feel good. and as for the form try and go as heaviy as possible but keep a good from while your doing it.

eatmore
01-01-2005, 01:46 PM
may i ask how u guys have altered WBB1 workout? and wat the hell is a french press?

T-Mac11
01-01-2005, 02:28 PM
there is a sticky in this section (wwb routines) and it has links to the site that shows each exercise in wwb #1 and how to do it correct.

Adam
01-01-2005, 05:39 PM
french press = skull crusher

Mike99
01-05-2005, 12:43 AM
I can kinda relate to your story. I have been working out on and off for the past 2 1/2 years with set backs the reason for stopping i.e. Accidents/ broken bones. But I as well am spending a full work out 1 hr - 1.30 min concentrating on just one muscle group. I am doing sets of sets of 3, 6-8 reps, with the most weight I can do and have seen results, just not as satisfying as I am aiming for. Am I doing it all wrong all this time by concentrating on one muscle and doing at least 8 exercises in one workout. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to what I should do to improve. I Have been on a weight gainer for 6 months, and just started Nitrotech taking 2 scoops in 2 servings a day with 500 g of creating. My main goal is to gain mass and bulk for the next 5 months and cut for the summer. Any suggestions as to if I should keep my routine the same or change it up?

Weight: 162 Lbs
Goal: 175 Lbs

eatmore
01-05-2005, 04:00 PM
hey mike... ya, id say do less excercises, id say 4 per group and 2 sets, and just KILL it... lift REALLY heavy and really slow... i been doin WWB1 and im sore all over, accept in my biceps, which is my problem cuz i have conditioned the hell out of them more than anythin else...