PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on my plan

bigsethmeister
01-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking here and have finally decided to make my first post. After lifting for years and getting in pretty decent shape I fell off the wagon and turned into a fat slob to the tune of 5' 7" and 242lbs.

Since last spring I have gotten back into the gym and lost 44lbs; now I'm down to 198.

I clearly have at least another 28lbs of fat to lose. I'm still losing just shy of 1lb per week. At the same time I've been getting stronger and visibly appear to be gaining muscle.

I am getting about 45 minutes of cardio 5x a week and lifting weights 3x a week. I hope to get down to a lean enough bodyweight to do my firstbulk by sometime this spring or early summer. My question is how should I be eating?

So far I've been eating mostly lean protein (skinless chicken, tuna, eggwhites, fish, turkey, skim milk,etc) with the bulk of my carbs coming from fruit and vegetables. On mornings of days I lift I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal in order to get enough carbs to have a decent workout. I also get 20grams of whey protein in the am 2 hours before lifting and again an hour after lifting. I do not use any other supplements.

A typical lifting day meal plan might be:

6:00 am
large bowl of oatmeal w/skim milk
20grams whey protein

9am banana, or handful of raisins or dates immed after lifting and before cardio

10:30 am 20grams whey proteinw/ skim milk and another banana

1:30
skinless chicken breast
skim milk
vegetables

4:00
cottage cheese and fruit

7:30pm
chicken breast/ steak/fish or whatever
vegetables (spinach borcoli,whatever)
skim milk

A typical nonlifting day looks similar but without the whey protein.

This continues to be working for me but wouldlove to hear all suggestions and advice!!

Thanks folks,

Seth

ryuage
01-01-2005, 02:25 PM
seems to me that whatever you are doing is working just great for you, why change it?

bigsethmeister
01-01-2005, 04:27 PM
seems to me that whatever you are doing is working just great for you, why change it?

:nod:

There is that.

Just figured I'd throw it out there in case you guys had any comments. I'm a neophyte as far as sports nutrition goes and am here to learn

:read: