PDA

View Full Version : Need diet help.......

ari20dal7
01-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey all,

I need some assistance planning a workable diet to build muscle and cut fat. I'm a pretty fat guy as is. I'm 5'9'' and weigh 240. I'll be moving into my college dorms and am pretty low on cash, so a super customized diet with a lot of supplements doesn't work for me. Also, when should I eat? I have no idea what times of the day are best for eating protein, carbs, etc....

As it is, I ride a bicycle about 6-10 miles per day and don't lift much. I like lifting though, and having access to a gym will improve my likelihood of lifting 3-4 times per week. Also, exercise suggestions are wanted. Any ideas?????

My goal is to cut 6-8 pounds per month, while adding muscle mass. Is this realistic?

ryuage
01-01-2005, 02:21 PM
not really realistic, focus on one or the either. Get a diet and weight lifting routine going check the training and diet forums and look at the sticky on top which says what a bodybuilder eats for some ideas.

Adam
01-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Spread your meals out to 6-8 a day. But make them each pretty damn tiny.
Start lifting regularly and follow the WBB routine.
For diet, just cut out any obvious **** food. like pizza, chips, non-diet pop etc

ari20dal7
01-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks a bunch for the assistance, the WBB routine looks very doable. I've lifted very occasionally in the past. Is there a good place that I can see definitions of the exercises listed in the routine and a way to avoid mistakes that might lead to injuries or decreased results?

Jabberwocky
01-01-2005, 04:23 PM
There is a sticky in the wbb routine area with videos of each of the exercises.

Adam
01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
try exrx.net
its a great place