PDA

View Full Version : Eating Disorder Help Needed Urgently

aussiegoonie
01-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey hows it going.
Now im looking at getting my nutrition on track but having a very hard time doing it.
You see when i was younger i could never eat or drink alot of stuff.
It must of been something to do with my taste buds.

Here is a list of healthy foods i eat and that needs to drastically change.

Vegetables - Mashed potato only
Meat - Chicken Rolls - Sausages hamburgers steak
And i have only drank not even 2 litres i believe of straight water not mixed with anything in my life.

Now that probaly seems like i am very unhealthy, but im 5,11 - 70kilo.
And i am sick and tired of every day getting up with a sore back, being tired etc and not eating healthy...
So please i need everyones help to help me out and get me on the right track...

Orange drinks, soda, chips and alot of sugar is the rest of my diet.

I need everyone to help me out, advice is needed i know its up to me to do this but i need to get over the first obsticle and then go step by step.
Cheers thanks.
Bye

Thanks

abwowang
01-02-2005, 12:42 AM
how would u like us to help?
i think ur takin a step admittin u got a problem.. that u do eat a lotta junk..
im sure u kno wut kinds of foods are healthier..
do u take any multi vitamins? those prolly would help u be a lil bit more healthier

aussiegoonie
01-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Nah i dont but my diet needs to change drastically.
The thing is i try and eat any health foods and feel like gaggin so i need to know what i can do to get my healthiness on track.

T-Mac11
01-02-2005, 11:40 AM
abwowang is right. a multi-vitamin would be a good small step in the right direction. it well help supply your body with w/e vitamins are missing from ur current diet. also a good way to start a healthy diet is to begin eating home cooked meals. try to eat those which are a lot more healthier than just eating a bag of chips. home cooked meals are generally quite healthy and i think it should b tolerable. also try and drink water instead of a lot of soda. just drinking the right amount of water per day can b very benificient to ur body. however, if u still feel the need to drink something else, take down a glass of sum kind of juice (orange, apple, grape, etc.) this would b a lot more healthier than soda nd would do good for u if u want sumthin sweet. just b determined, take action nd u should b on ur way to improving.

Scott S
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
This isn't an eating disorder... you just need to butch the **** up and buy more healthy food.

zen
01-02-2005, 08:43 PM
OMG, I could alter my diet, and cut back on junk and take smaller portions, but it was the hardest thing ever to cut out the soda and sugar drinks and drink water. I could do it for like a week or two, and then bam, there it was, a can of soda sitting in my hand, with the lid popped off and that sugary sweet residue on my tongue.

Wanting to change isn't enough. You need to adopt genuine mental discipline. You need to change the way you think, and how disciplined you adhere to the will of your principles.

eatmore
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
yep, stop bein a pussy

Patz
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I found that once I started drinking water all the time, and kept it handy, I didn't want the sugary stuff any more. I actually LIKE the taste of diet soda more than regular too, although I will get a few of those Orange Mountain Dew's in the summer as a nice treat.

You really will feel better if you get off of the junk. There are so many meals you can eat that are pretty healthy, and taste fantastic. They'll taste BETTER than fast food, or any of that stuff you listed. What really got me into trying to cook great food at home was marrying a woman who is half-Greek. Greek food is incredible, and one of the staples is olive oil, which is far better than a lot of things if you're going to go that route. Greek food also gives you an appreciation for vinegar, parsley (it's NOT just for looks!), and lemon juice in delicius applications. Once you get some of that stuff you can't turn back.

Or that could just be me...I LOVE lemon juice on so many foods now. I stopped using dressing on salad, or even olive oil on salad, and just go with lemon juice and red wine or balsamic vinegar.

Start cooking. Try some things out.

Patz
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh and watch the documentary "Supersize ME"

dissipate
01-05-2005, 08:06 PM
watch it 20 times lol. eating healthy food will actually make you feel much better and more energetic.

Jiggity
01-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, I'm a long time reader and first time poster at WBB. Aussiegoonie, I had a similar problem when I was younger (from about 4th-8th grade). I decided that I wanted to do something for my health, and lifting weights was the answer. The more I lifted, the less I wanted to eat those crap foods that made me fat in the first place. I would highly recommend drinking a lot of water, substituting diet soda for regular soda, and lifting weights/cardio to get in shape. I know it sounds like a lot to take on at once, but if you start slowly at all of it, it'll get easier and more fun, and you'll see results. Best of luck.

)>Jiggity

GIS
01-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Force yourself to eat healthier but remember that it takes a good month to get into a habit. Once you do it on a regular basis it becomes habitual.

Good luck!