PDA

View Full Version : DJ's Football/Athletic Performance Journal

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm starting a journal for football offseason. This upcoming season is going to be my senior year and I need to workout to keep my spot. While trying not to lose it again during training camp. I have to become more athletic. I need to get on the feild more often. I'm training at home and at school but not going hard in the school workout because it does nothing for me. Going to be working out more at home. I'm training hard for upcoming camps and combines in june if I can find one that will accept. Also I will be working with my cousin who runs indepdent track in the summer to get in better shape and increased speed and flexibilty for the season. Since I'm on vaction I will be working out in school till monday so I don't know what the split will be. So let's go DJ :dj:

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-01-2005, 08:54 PM
This is my lol attempt of creating a modified wsb routine for my needs.
Going to be doing this for around 8-10 weeks. Hopefully round it by march then switch to something new

Session A (Each week I go to a different number ex. First week in jan do workout 1 then 2nd week do workout 2)

Incline Bench 1x8 1x5
Bent Over Row 2x12
Decline Bench 2x8
Power Jerk 4x5

Incline bench 2x8 1x5
Close Grip 2x12
Hang Clean 2x4
Wrist rolls 2x20

Floor Press 3x5
Push Press 2x8
Curls 3x10
Upright Row 2x8

Session B (Same thing as above)

Squat 3x5
Single leg squat 2x10
Good mornings 2x10
The Bear 2x5

Deadlift 3x8
BB reverse lunge 2x10
GHR 2xfailure
The Bear2x5

Squat 3x12
BB stepups 2x10
Leg Curls 2x10
The Bear2x5

Session C

Bench 1xrep max start at 135 then 155,185,225
When I hit 20 plus reps on a certain weight move up in weight
Bar pushups 2x10
Plate Pinches 3x failure timed
Curls 3x8
Skull crushers 3x10
Front squat 2x12

DONJUANPIMPIN
Also my diet is kind of shakey right now. Low on money just brought a bench and weight set.
MEAL 1 Cereal
MEAL 2 Some sort of fruit
MEAL 3 Ham sandwhich, milk and water for lunch
MEAL 4 Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 5 Whatever my mom cooks for dinner and chicken breast

See not really that good I want to change it since I will be burning alot of calories. Also I need to add more protein I think

DONJUANPIMPIN
I will be testing NeuroStim + C new flavor some time next week.

Also wanted to list my goals for the end of febuary
Bench max 235
Bench 1x5= 175
Squat not really trying to max out anymore since i usually hurt my knees and I've found out from my coaches that I need to go lower so when I start working out next week I'll be going lower with less weight.
Clean 1x5=135
Snatch=get the form down and work my way up to 95lbs
Power jerk same as above

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Bump from a :newbie: :help:

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Not going to do this workout this week have alot of stuff to do at school but will probly start with session C on saturday damn I hate NY state regents

rookiebldr
01-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Good luck getting stronger and ready for next year season.

ryuage
01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
good luck with your goals

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-05-2005, 05:44 PM
thanks. Just got some neurostim+C today

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Preworkout: neurostim+c
Taste still good but have to make to put enough water or it taste kind of tart and sour but if added enough water taste like sweet candy. I feel less fatigue then usual and I'm sweating a bit more probly the fat burning agent in neurostim prehaps or just a coindence. Endurance is okay but nothing major maybe a extra rep or two but I'm been getting stronger so can't give it to neurostim+c yet.

Workout C
Bench warmup 1x5x110
Bench 1x10x135 1x9x135
Front Squat warmup 1x5xbar
Front Squat 1x12x95 1x12x105
Pushups 2x10xbw Didn't have time or room to put the bar on the floor.
Skull Crushers 1x10x55 1x10x60 1x10x65
Barbell Curls 1x8x65 1x8x70 started to use back on last rep on 70lbs went back down to 65 for last set 1x5x65 need start out lower next time so I can get all 3 sets.
Plate Pinches 2xfailurex25 plate in each hand no stop watch but held it around a min or so def

Comments: C- workout not my best stuff. I wanted to get 135 atleast 15x but sadly only 10 still kind of tired from school workout yesterday so that might be the reason. Won't post school workout cause it's not the great. First time doing front squat seriously so that's why the numbers are so low give me a couple months. I'll get the weight up their. BB curls were going gd I stay on the wall so I don't use my back then 2nd set used my back for 1 or 2 so I decided to lower the weight cause who I'm I trying to impress by stacking the weight it was just me myself and I in the basement. Then 3rd set I just couldn't get it up on the 6 on. Skull crusher were good kind of easy I think I might add close grip after doing 10 skull crushr to give the tris more of a burn. Plate pinches first time trying these also they were hard my forearms were so pumped and hard I was loving. Hopefully next week I can time it.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-08-2005, 05:23 PM
fooled around with some weights since I was bored and did 130 on hang clean new max for me. Happy very

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Offday

Preworkout Neurostim+c

Workout
Light streches. Contrast showers

Comments. I feel good yesterday workout went okay. My tri's are a little sore from the skull crusher. Chest not as sore as I thought it would be it actually feels good. Which is a good sign. Those front squats did hit my quads and hams pretty good. Hopefully we don't do nothing to drastic in the school workout tommorrow next westside workout should be tuesday then friday then satuday.

andy51
01-09-2005, 04:36 PM
What position do you play and how big are you?

you may need some more cals they look a little low depending on how big you are

and good luck

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I play LB mostly but depending on the offseason could play TE,DE,SS. I'm about 6'0-6'1 in shoes and cleats 5'11 barefoot. I weight in around 210-215 depending on the time of day

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Pre workout ( before school workout) Neurostim+C
Workout A
Incline bench 1x8x105 1x5x125
Decline bench 1x115 1x120
Bentover row 2x12x95
Push Jerk 1x5x95 1x5x100 1x5x105

Workout Grade C

Comments: Kind of tired from school workout. It's really starting to tire a bit. I wasn't really proud of the incline bench weight that sucked. I let my mind take over thinking I couldn't do what I really could do and pussied out. Never again. Decline was okay since I really don't decline and it feels weird but I busted it out. Bentover rows same I never really do it very tiring tho. Push Jerk were okay kind of hard since I don't know if I'm doing them right so I think I might just switch to push press next week. I'm getting kind of tired and sore. I was sore from yesterday school workout but it didn't affect me really. I won't really be posting my school workout since their no reason too and plus I don't remember it . Also I need to get some creatine soon. All I have is whey,vitamiens and neurostim+C but I think i'm going to need a boost pretty soon in my workout. I think I'm going to start a stack with CEE and maybe a few MAN products if my wallet is up for the challenge. Now time for some brown rice,protein shake, contrast showers, streching, homework and sleep. Hopefully their will be a snow day tommorrow.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Preworkout Neurostim+C

Workout
Gym Basketball Pickup game 20-25min
Streches
Contrast showers

Comments: Offday didn't touch a weight today. A little sore from yesterday this morning but I'm good now. A little tired but that what school does to you drain the life out of you.

-TIM-
01-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Also my diet is kind of shakey right now. Low on money just brought a bench and weight set.
MEAL 1 Cereal
MEAL 2 Some sort of fruit
MEAL 3 Ham sandwhich, milk and water for lunch
MEAL 4 Whey Protein Shake
MEAL 5 Whatever my mom cooks for dinner and chicken breast

I know what it's like to be low on cash. Why not add a bagel with peanut butter to your breakfast. Or maybe some yogurt. Extra calories and a little extra protein. Both are inexpensive and would be a nice addition.

Good luck DJP.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks. Yeah I try to eat something with peanut butter later in the afternoon. I also try to get yogurt but don't have it all the time. I'm going to try to get a big tub with like vanilla doesn't taste great but it's okay and like 11g's of creatine

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Pre workout Neurostim+C

Workout: School workout, Streches, Contrast showers, abs, j-rope, one lap, and step ups

Comments: okay day kind of hurt my shoulder during my school workout. Today it was very humid and decide to run after stepups. OMG were my hips tight after that. Only did like one lap not enough time and I'm wayyyyyy outtashape. Sprinted str8 ways and jogged/strided the turns. Man I realised how slow I'm getting and I really need to drop excess bf. Plus my starts are good but my top speed sucks I mean sucks like you would think I was a burner but then after 15-20yds my speed just hits a wall. Need to work that out in the spring when it's warmer and start running more. All I can do know is get stronger and lose some bf which will help kind of.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Bench 1x5x95 1x12x135 +2 reps better than last week.

Pushups 2x10 No time to setup bar on the floor and no room.

Front Squat 1x12x105 1x10x115

Skull Crushers with close grip after 1x10x55 1x10x65 *burnout*1x20x70 on skull crushers and 1x5x70 on close grip sucky missed up and kept hitting **** damn my tris are burnin

BB Curls 1x8x60 1x8x65 *burnout* 1x24x55

Plate Pinches 2xfailurex25lbs ea hand no time these week around 1min

Comments: workout grade B- good workout so far. +2 reps on my 135 test need to get better with endurance and need to increase strength I should be doing 185 12x not 135 but I'm not good with high reps and my strength is more in my legs. Front squats still getting use to it but I feel it. Man I'm I pissed about the skull crushers on the last set was going good exhausted then went into close grip and started spaz out so stoped before I killed myself. Also are my biceps and forearms pumped from bb curls and plate pinches. That's One week completed. Had 3/4 ok and good workouts. My B workout was horrible yesterday had a lot of things on my mind that translated onto my workout instead of having a positive effect to realize stress had a negative effect.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Preworkout: Neurostim+C

Workout:Contrast Showers
Streching.
And watching football on tv.

Comments: Yesterday was pretty good. Not sore today from yesterday so that's a good sign that I didn't go to crazy. I hate when I get doms cause it feels like I overtrained. Anyway just got to relax no school tommorrow so sleeping in and probly doing workout A tommorrow.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Preworkout Neurostim+C

Incline Bench 1x8x115 1x8x125 1x3x135 Got 5 but spotter helped on the last 2 so I didn't count it.

Close Grip 1x12x110 1x10x115 Missed the last 2

Hang Clean with full squat 1x4x85 1x4x95

Wrist rolls 2x20x95

Comment: Workout Grade B-. Accomplished what I set out to accomplish Incline was better than last week. Hang Clean I'm notice online that the way I learned hang clean was wrong not wrong but their a better way to do it. Instead of doing a quater squat when catching the weight do a full squat instead that's what I did today that's why my numbers are lower than usually on hang clean cause I wanted to get form down. I feel it more in hips and hams now. So I might stick with quater hang cleans at school and full hang cleans in my home work. Wrist rolls were good felt a good burn. Anyway just a good workout just want to keep progessing and hopefully find someway to get somekind of creatine hopefully bb.com accepts my article and I can have some store credit.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm stoping my journal here since I get more traffic at bb.com and now really cares. So if you want to see my updates of my journal go to
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=381365

PizDoff
01-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see you detail some of your approaches as well.

DONJUANPIMPIN
01-26-2005, 01:11 PM
What do you mean? Anyway I'm just going to continue it at the above link cause their more sports members over their that here also how more detail do you want me to get

PizDoff
01-26-2005, 01:12 PM
You don't know I mean by approaches and yet you have a screen name like that?