PDA

View Full Version : The right diet while taking pills..?

Ixi
01-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I started using a hydroxycut wannabe in hopes to lose weight. So far i rlly liek the pill, it really lessens the appetite and few side effects. I have been told that your supposed to eat 5 small meals a day to speed up metabolism but ive found my self eating 2 small ones because i am jsut not hungry. I lift/run for 45-hour 5 days a week .Its been roughly 2 weeks and a half and ive lostr nothing. Will i not lose weight if i only eat 2 small meals later in the day consisting of fairly normal foods not to bad not to good, like a sandwich and banana around 3 and then chicken sandwich with fruit and beans.

Bottom line...Will simply eating less of a somewhat average diet on diet pills while moderatley working out show results?

Solid 6 foot 3, 245 38 waist

Jabberwocky
01-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Take in atleast 2500 calories. At your weight and activity levels you could easily take in 3600 calories and not worry about gaining. Eat more food, and eat the right kind of food. And if the pills arent doing anything other then suppressing appetite, and you are under eating whats the point?

agentplaya1
01-02-2005, 10:05 PM
sounds like you're starving yourself. You're a big guy and your eating 2 small meals. Your body will go into starvation mode, storing fat and slowing down. Eat normally.

ryuage
01-03-2005, 05:44 AM
try bumping your calories to 2500-3000 a day and see how the weight loss goes, dont forget to monitor everything that goes in your mouth otherwise you will never know exactly what you need to do in order to make changes that you want.

Ixi
01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
And if the pills arent doing anything other then suppressing appetite, and you are under eating whats the point?

The pills supress my appetite which is in the end the best thing... i dont snack anymore

ya i think im going to sart eating more will see what happens.

I live in dorms so its tough to eat right simply because almost everything that i can eat wiht my meal plan is unhealthy =( i also do not have the time to sit down and eat 5 small meals what are some good ideas for the 2nd and 4th meal on the go like bars or shakes or something

Adam
01-03-2005, 06:51 PM
bars or shakes would both work.

Ixi
01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
ok which bars and shakes :) or what kind...high protein low carb...?

Shao-LiN
01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
The pills supress my appetite which is in the end the best thing... i dont snack anymore

ya i think im going to sart eating more will see what happens.

I live in dorms so its tough to eat right simply because almost everything that i can eat wiht my meal plan is unhealthy =( i also do not have the time to sit down and eat 5 small meals what are some good ideas for the 2nd and 4th meal on the go like bars or shakes or something

You taking lots of classes or working? I had lots of time to eat 5 meals during college. If all else fails, bring a protein bar.

Ixi
01-04-2005, 02:32 AM
hey shao im actually doing both and i happen to live in irvine also