PDA

View Full Version : The Science of Nutrient Timing, Part I By John Berardi - Jan 1st 2005

Joe Black
01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
JB introduces the concept of nutrient timing, a scientific method of nutritional planning intended to optimize performance and body composition results. In Part I, JB provides an overview as well as an explanation of the Energy and Anabolic Phases.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=185

Discuss away! :)

Adam
01-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Nice article. IMO nutrient timing is the best way to diet. I've been doing it for ~10months now and the results are unreal. Fat loss while gaining muscle.
A good book to buy at amazon.com is "nutrient timing system" by john ivy. Its really cheap to buy too.

katamaranuk
01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Nice article. IMO nutrient timing is the best way to diet. I've been doing it for ~10months now and the results are unreal. Fat loss while gaining muscle.
A good book to buy at amazon.com is "nutrient timing system" by john ivy. Its really cheap to buy too.

I purchased the book recently, thinking it was going to help endurance training for my marathon training. I think it can be adapted a little, and I will use it for the strength training in any case. What do you use to get the right combination of proteins and carbs as recommended. Do you make your own recipe? can you recommend a product? do you concentrate on getting a carb that is high on the glycemic index for post work out meal?

Thanks

Adam
01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
my workout shake consist of:
Pre - 40grams malto, 25protien
During - 40malto 25 pro
post - 80malto 50pro
malto is i believe 140 on the GI

dissipate
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
the receipes and suggested intakes include supplements as an ingredient and i really would like to see much more on nutrient timing with natural food because i haven't got money for supps. interesting article nevertheless!

Adam
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
go to johnberardi.com and go to the nutriotional articles. you should find some of them quite interesting.

joebrad
03-16-2005, 02:48 PM
You can buy all three components for the Nutrient Timing System at GNC. Get the Gold card to save 20% at the beginning of each month. Search google for "Nutrient Timing System" to go to their website which describes the products.

The NTS has given me much more energy and faster recovery times.

hth,

Joe B.

acurreo
06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
my workout shake consist of:
malto is i believe 140 on the GI

Forgive me, I'm still a newbie.

What's Malto again?

Thanks.

Maki Riddington
06-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Maltodextrin.

sergoat
01-02-2012, 09:16 PM
You can buy all three components for the Nutrient Timing System at GNC. Get the Gold card to save 20% at the beginning of each month. Search google for "Nutrient Timing System" to go to their website which describes the products.

The NTS has given me much more energy and faster recovery times.

hth,

Joe B.

I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the supplements for each of the phases of the Nutrient Timing System.

Thanks for your reply.

Alex.V
01-03-2012, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't bother... it's silly science.

BigMatt
01-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Calories IN,Calories Out + Right Macro + Micronutrients rich foods = Getting in shape.

Alex.V
01-03-2012, 11:37 AM
That's pretty much it.

I also don't like spending too much time on complicated protocols based on speculation. Simply throwing more raw material at some station on an assembly line won't necessarily result in a faster, more efficient process. Focus on making sure there are enough materials overall without too much of a surplus, and worry about these other things once you're absolutely certain that your nutrient timing is the limiting factor in your development (whether it be fat loss, muscle gain, etc.)

yingxuy
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I think it can adapt a bit, I will use it in any case the strength training. What do you use to get the right combination of protein and carbohydrate recommendations.