PDA

View Full Version : 32 OZ mcdicks shake?

eatmore
01-03-2005, 07:04 PM
this is somewhat in regards to the shake... im trying to get a lot of cals in me right now, im a hardgainer, 155 6', hardly any body fat tho, pretty ripped... but i wanna be 175ish... unhealthy food stil counts towards my caloric intake right? or are peanuts or healthier things more beneficial in gaining weight... IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING ON A LIL FAT, and i dont really care about my overall health, haha... i just wanna be big... wat u guys think of bad cals, would they help me?

Organichu
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Yes. Would I advise them to reach your goal in the best way? No. Will they let you put on both fat and muscle? Yep. Make sure you get your protein. Also make sure you're ready to deal with the extra fat.

Nito
01-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Why not just go on a clean bulk. Just get a TON of cals for calorie dense food, and in the end you'll be happier.

Max-Mex
01-03-2005, 08:09 PM
It's ok to take them. If a shake means getting the extra cals, then go for it, especially if you have a hard time gaining weight. I prefer going the clean route so instead of a McD's shake, I'd make my own high cal shake (whey, eggs, milk, and Olive oil). Healither and same or more cals than a McD's shake.

agentplaya1
01-03-2005, 11:44 PM
if it's easier for you to get cals from McD's then go for it, you're a hard gainer so it's fine. Just don't make every meal McD's, it's just not healthy. 1 or 2 meals topps.

galileo
01-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Olive oil.

Rik-s
01-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Take 1 large spoon and 1 pot of peanutt butter.....well...there ya go :D

Na but really, i'd have a look around usin the search function m8 and make your own high cal shakes, alot better for ya than McDicks ones as the others said

Dirt
01-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Why not just go on a clean bulk. Just get a TON of cals for calorie dense food, and in the end you'll be happier.

Clean bulks are fine if you can eat a lot. If the guy is claiming to be a hardgainer likely he isnt accustomed to eating enough food for whatever reason. Eating clean and only hitting 3500 cals is a lot worse than eating clean + some messy foods and hitting 4500 if your goal is weightgain and your maintenance is 4000 cals. My point is that I'm sure at his weight he could manage a successful clean bulk, but once you're bulking on 5000-6000 cals a day that's a hell of a lot of brown rice, olive oil, oats, etc.

*Edit - most calorically dense foods are not clean due to their nature (contain a large amount of fat). Exceptions are natural peanut butter, olive oil, etc.

1r15h
01-07-2005, 06:16 AM
I thought peanut butter and olive oil were very high in fat?

Rik-s
01-07-2005, 09:33 AM

They are, good fats not Saturated ones :)

Dirt
01-07-2005, 01:33 PM

They are. I didn't make that last point very clear. Rik-s already pointed it out though. Most calorically dense foods have a lot of saturated fats, etc.

AdmiralDan
01-07-2005, 01:34 PM
eat as much healthy food as you can, (peanut butter and olive oil are good fats with lots of calories). if you find that you can't eat enough, try liquid calories. if that doesn't work, then go eat your mcdonlads, but not for every meal

Manveet
01-07-2005, 02:08 PM
eat as much healthy food as you can, (peanut butter and olive oil are good fats with lots of calories). if you find that you can't eat enough, try liquid calories. if that doesn't work, then go eat your mcdonlads, but not for every meal
:withstupi