PDA

View Full Version : lose 10 lbs

Chrispy
01-03-2005, 08:30 PM
hey. i'm wanting to lose 10 lbs. without losing any muscle. i know it's extremely hard to gain muscle while losing weight but i figured i should be able to atleast maintain muscle while losing weight.

my question is what should i be eating to reach this goal and about how long would it take.
like would meal replacement shakes help me get what i need to keep muscle while letting me lose weight.

i can eat pretty much anything all i need is a plan.

if it helps i'm 5' 10" 158

i know 158 isn't alot but i'm feeling fat

Vampiro
01-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Feeling fat? what are you?

Lexxi
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Tried HIIT? I heard thats the best way to lose fat whilst keeping muscle mass.

agentplaya1
01-03-2005, 11:36 PM
you're "feeling" fat? What exactly does that mean? Look in the mirror, do you "look" fat? I think that's more important. Do you know your bf%? At 5'10 158 it seems odd that you could have much fat. Put up a pic, we'll let you know if you need to shed fat or not.

Chrispy
01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
well i looked kinda fat in some of my mistletoe pictures, but i don't look that bad in the face now. i just don't like this gut that i'm getting. it's not that big but i'd like to see my abs. i've never seen my abs and i think they're big enough to show through if i lost a little weight.

so should i like eat the same and do hiit on my offdays

Stupendous
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Get a hypocaloric diet (~500 less) going and watch your weight to make sure you don't lose it too quickly.

Chrispy
01-06-2005, 04:44 PM
i need a strict diet. any suggestions. i was thinking like canned tuna/salmon and protein drinks.

what would maitenance be for me so i can try the -500 cals like stupendous suggested

shootermcgavin7
01-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I had a bigger gut at 170 than I do at 215. I still wear the same waist size pants.

Optimum08
01-07-2005, 12:10 AM
impressive shooter...and shooter is right...weight has nothing to do with body fat...and whats this your "feeling" fat? no offense but have u been takin some estrogen or soemthing? u sound like the many girls at my school...

Dirt
01-07-2005, 06:01 AM
i need a strict diet. any suggestions. i was thinking like canned tuna/salmon and protein drinks.

what would maitenance be for me so i can try the -500 cals like stupendous suggested

Your maintenance isn't anyone else's maintenance so only you know. No one can guess that except you. So go ahead and figure it out. Then devise a diet plan based on a 500 calorie drop from maintenance. Finally, come back to the board and post what you've come up with so people can offer insight. I feel I need to make an example out of someone and unfortunately for you, it's you. I've noticed quite a few posts with people coming looking for a diet handed to them, saying they want to lose weight. If you can't even research a basic diet, plan out a few meals, and then post it, I'm sorry to say, but you're going to fail miserably at your goals. When you rush into something diet or otherwise you're never going to do the best job. Half-assed effort equals half-assed results.

_8_Ball
01-07-2005, 06:38 AM
hey. i'm wanting to lose 10 lbs. without losing any muscle. i know it's extremely hard to gain muscle while losing weight but i figured i should be able to atleast maintain muscle while losing weight.

my question is what should i be eating to reach this goal and about how long would it take.
like would meal replacement shakes help me get what i need to keep muscle while letting me lose weight.

i can eat pretty much anything all i need is a plan.

if it helps i'm 5' 10" 158

i know 158 isn't alot but i'm feeling fat

Why don't you become anorexic, it works for some... I mean really... 158 @ 5'10... and "feeling fat".

Eat clean and do some cardio... even though I seriously doubt you need it...

I think it might be more mental then physical...

Pringlewheels
01-07-2005, 07:30 AM
You can be fat at 158lbs.. I was fat at 130lbs for heavens sake

If youve just started training, keep working and you will lean up if still a n00b (this happened to me, i went from a fat 130 to a solid 160, then to a fat 175)

If youve been working out a while and youre past the newbe stage, perhaps try UD2 (www.bodyrecomposition.com, or the stickys on this diet forum), which is designed to let you lose fat while clinging on to your precious muscle