PDA

View Full Version : OfF Training Days

Bboy486
01-04-2005, 06:28 AM
On day where I am not in the gym, and I eat the same amount of calories that are being consumed while I am in the gym, would the surplus be the main factor for mass growth.

For example lets say I consume 3 Kcal a day. I only train for 4x a week. so for 3 days since I am consuming 3k on my off days when I am not exerting the same energy as training days, will those extra cal's be converted to mass?
Or is that all just theory?

ryuage
01-04-2005, 07:09 AM
cals got to go somewhere if it be to rebuild your muscle or stored as fat...

Holto
01-04-2005, 08:22 AM
try to think of cals in weekly terms and then work out a daily average

malkore
01-04-2005, 09:03 AM
remember muslce repair comes AFTER you train, so keeping the calories up maintains an anabolic state and ensures you have protien to rebuild the muscles.

snowster900
01-04-2005, 06:02 PM
if im not training im usually trying to stuff my face

Dirt
01-06-2005, 06:14 AM
On day where I am not in the gym, and I eat the same amount of calories that are being consumed while I am in the gym, would the surplus be the main factor for mass growth.

For example lets say I consume 3 Kcal a day. I only train for 4x a week. so for 3 days since I am consuming 3k on my off days when I am not exerting the same energy as training days, will those extra cal's be converted to mass?
Or is that all just theory?

I'm about to pass out right now and I'm not sure if I fully understand your question. It's a matter of your maintenance level entirely. If 3000 calories is what you're bulking on, on gym days hypothetically that might not be enough and you might find yourself in a deficit for the day. What I mean to say is that this is precisely the reason many people who bulk on say 3000 calories a day in fact eat 250-500 more calories on workout days
to account for whatever cardio/weights/yoga/interpretive dance you may do.