PDA

View Full Version : Doing what it takes

kpd
01-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Well, the new quarter at school (Univ. of Washington) has started, and time to start my journal. My current situation is that I am 21,5'10, 240lbs, %bf is unknown, i either need to get some calipers or get it checked somewhere, my guess is 20-25% i am not sure (it's terrible, but the point of all of this. ), Maybe some can guess when I post some pictures.Anyways, my first goal is to drop 15lbs by my bday (april 3rd) and then 30 by the end of the school year (june 10th). Then I hope to be at about 210 15%. At that point the goals will need to be restructured because the overall end goal is 220 at 10%bf. BMR is 2800 (12*240), and I am doing wbb routine #1, with a 15minute cardio warmup and a cardio session on saturday and sunday.

My diet right now consists of ~2100 cals a day, spaced between 6 meals, and a total of 180-190g protein. meal setup is very similar each day. Breakfast and snacks are the same every day, with snacks being switched around (order). Lunch and dinner contain either chicken, tuna, salmon, or turkey breast and some fruit & veggie. I am also drinking a gallon+ of water every day.

Breakfast:
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 serving go lean high protein cereal with milk
(~400 cals, 45g protein )

snack 1: premier protein bar ( 280 cals,30g protein a bar) ( after workout )
snack 2: lowfat tilamook yogurt, 2 oz soy nuts ( 430 cals, 27g's protein )
snack 3: protein shake & apple (180 cals, 23g protein)

Any critiques/words of encouragement and tips are wanted and welcome. Pics for progress will be coming soon.

ryuage
01-05-2005, 05:18 AM
good luck with your goals, you might want to up your protein and calories some to around 2500 and take it from there.

kpd
01-05-2005, 11:48 AM
should i up it to 200-210g ? Also, are the 2100 calories just too much of a daily defecit that I would burn off more muscle? Thanks for the help.

Yesterday I did the chest and back routine, but had to go light on the bench because of a shoulder injury that plagued my summer lifting. Today is Legs day so time to go nuts. I love leg days.

Shane
01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
:spam: Good luck with your workouts kpd!

kpd
01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Thnx.

Legs went well today, I love the feeling of not being able to walk all day and the next.

kpd
01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Well, today I am going to go lifting in a half hour. Diets been clean all week, I upped my calories to 2300, and I am getting around 230-250gs of protein a day, no prob. Ordered some ETS for the muscle soreness because today it feels as though I cant walk from the heavy legs day on wed, so that should be interesting. Also, Chris was nice enough to send me a sample of thermocin to try it out to see how i'll react to it and if its worth buying ( i am almost sure of buying some, bt we'll see). Thinking about getting some opticen soon as well to replace one of my snacks with. Overall, things are going well. I'll post later today about how the shoulders and arms workout today goes.

kpd
01-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Well, this weekend was good. I weighed myself yesterday and was at 240.2, and the previous week when I started all this, i was at 243.5 so thats exciting. The diet is going well, and its helping that my girlfriend is trying to eat better as well to make it easier. I am doing wbb routine 1 and doing cardio as a warmup ( 10 ) minutes before each day of the lifting in wbb routine 1, and then doing cardio on saturday and sunday for 5 mins, stretch, then 35-40 minutes on a bike, then soon moving to the stair climber as it burns a lot more calories. What I was wondering is that if you guys think this is too much training on my legs ( seems fine )? Thanks for the help and encouragement

kpd
01-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, yesterday was a nice off day, and today is legs day so that will be fun. I absolutely love squats and deads.... so much fun to do.. especially when you cant walk the next day. Eating is coming along great, its amazing the difference in energy I have when I eat super clean compared to not as clean but still ok. Like the other day we went to a pizza place and i had a chicken and spinach calzone, only ate half ( around 500 cals ) and after that I had much less energy when I went to lift then when I normaly eat super clean... That was my first cheat meal in two weeks so i think it was ok, but eating clean provides so much more energy I love it. anyways, things are going good, anyone have any ideas on the cardio schedule I posted above? thanks for the encouragement!

kpd
01-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Well, this weekend went well. Hit up 5 minutes of warmup cardio, then stretched, then did 30 more minutes... not terrible for sat and sunday. Today I did chest and back... lifts are going well. Weighed in today at 238.6 as well... Thats 4.9 lbs so far... Its so inspiring to make the changes needed and atually see results. 210 here I come!

kpd
01-27-2005, 12:29 PM
SOrry about the delay in posting, but things are still going great. This past saturday I weighed in at 236.4. My goal was 5 pounds by the end of january and I am already at 7.1 ( I am sure there is a bit of water weight in there) but its great to see a real difference already. Many people have mabe positive comments so its working out well. Lifts are all going up to so thats a positive. great results all around and I'm loving it. I am trying to hit 15 pounds by my birthday and 30 lbs by june ( start of summer ) Thanks for the support!