PDA

View Full Version : Enlargement

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

TTT
01-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Welcome everyone to my first training journal ever!

Ok, today was a bit of a writeoff because I took a two-week break for the Christmas holidays. So I'm sort of getting back into it. Please write anything you can possibly think of if you think it will help, I'm still learning stuff. Sort of.
Decided that because the gym is only open for today -> Friday, and then it closes over the weekend, that I'll do sort of half-body workouts the next couple of days to loosen (or tighten!) everything up again, and then I'm going to start WBB 1 on Monday.

Today's workout:

Deadlifts: 50kg 1 set 10 reps (warmup)
60kg 2 sets 8 reps (working sets)
These felt easy, I think I can probably do a lot more weight than this, but I don't want to hurt my back, so I've just been taking it easy with lighter weights.

Behind-neck presses: 28kg 1 set 8 reps
34kg 1 set 8 reps
38kg 2 sets 6 reps

Db hammer curls: 13.3kg 3 sets 6 reps

-These felt heavy. There weren't any of the other, lighter dumbells around because the gym was a zoo today (first day it's been open since the start of the holiday). Took me 5 minutes to find a bench and some space. So I didn't bother with warmups.

Lateral Raises: 8kg 3 sets 8 reps
supersetted with
Bent over Lateral Raises: 3.5kg 3 sets 8 reps

I decided to go with the lightweight 3.5's because I can get good form with those. My arms are long :) But yeah, I know, I'm weak. Well there's no better incentive to get stronger than that....

And that was it. Oh yeah, the iPod mini got its first workout today, and it's good! Nothing better than having some thumping techno or good metal/rock going while everyone else is listening to Green Day and Blink 182, in my opinion :)

TTT
01-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Oh yeah, even though I put on a bit of festive season fat, I'm still eating like a mofo and trying to get bigger.

Had v. big bowl of cereal for breakfast, fruit and coffee with snack at work (when I make "coffee," I'm talking 2/3 milk and 1/3 coffee), 3 peanut butter and also marmite (don't know if you yankees have stuff like that, it's a yeast spread) sandwiches for lunch, and then more sandwiches at home, and then veggies and baked beans and cheese for dinner. And I'm still eating almonds. Oh yeah, and a protein shake after the workout. Hopefully this is enough.

TTT
01-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Oh yeah, for all the Americans on the board, here is the site I've been using to calculate what you guys are talking about since I joined, hopefully you can do the same: (if I'm not allowed to link to this, then please just delete the link rather than banning me)..

http://www.americanyc.com/clubhouse/general/converter/

getfit
01-05-2005, 03:50 AM
good luck with everything TTT:)

ryuage
01-05-2005, 05:35 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!

jp good luck ttt, looking foward to reading your progress..

TTT
01-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks people!

rookiebldr
01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm usually ban happy... but I let it slip this time. ..... just kidding. ;)

Welcome to journal land and good luck with the goals. Links like that are fine btw.

TTT
01-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks man. Yeah I wasn't sure about links so I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

TTT
01-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Tonight was kick-ass!!

I didn't get much sleep last night though (as always) so I could have totally blitzed these, but that's ok.

FLAT BB BENCH: 30kg 1 set 10 reps (warmup)
40kg 1 set 8 reps
60kg 3 sets 5 reps
Could have done more with a spotter, but I don't like that bench, the top pegs are too high and the bottom ones too low. So I didn't. But it was still good. It's nice to finally be able to put the big 20's on each side, I could never use those till about halfway through last year.

DB FLYES: 6kg 1 set 10 reps (warmup)
8.5kg 1 set 10 reps
.................................................................................................... ...........

..........and someone had the audacity to take my 11kg dumbells. And I couldn't find them, even 10 minutes later.

So,

PEC DECK: ~40kg (I don't bother with remembering weights on these things, there're so many different combinations of handles and pulley systems, it doesn't mean much. The one at this gym is particularly bad, I don't like the ones with the vertical pads, I like the ones with the swing-out handles. But I did it anyway. ~ 2 more sets x 8 reps each.

CALF RAISES:
Standing on ledge with 28kg DB's in each hand: 2 sets 5 reps

I can't balance for sh**.

Seated: 20kg 1 set 10 reps
30kg 3 sets 8 reps
Again, these don't mean much.

TRICEP CABLE PULLDOWNS: 20kg 1 set 10 reps
~35kg(?) 3 sets 8, 5, 3 reps

And then came the most exciting bit!! I decided to do some hardcore-style training, ala-getfit style!

So I went on an eliptical machine for 15 mins, cranked out 250 watts for most of that, and it felt easy. I had it set on the "cardio" cycle, but it didn't even feel like cardio to me, even at 175 bpm. I was actually disappointed when the 15 mins was up. Considering that this was the first real cardio I've done in about a month, I was pretty happy with that!

getfit
01-06-2005, 02:27 AM
you go TTT! session looking good

fen2zla
01-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Good luck with your goal's for 2005 3T.

I'm looking forward to checking out your journal over the next few month's and seeing your progress.

TTT
01-06-2005, 12:01 PM
you go TTT! session looking good

Thanks! That was inspired by your journal.

Good luck with your goal's for 2005 3T.

I'm looking forward to checking out your journal over the next few month's and seeing your progress.

Thanks, and hope you find it interesting!
I'll try to make it over to yours too :)

TTT
01-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Today I didn't go to the gym, I'm still pretty sore in the trap and inner thigh areas. Putting on and taking off my lab coat at work was actually a bit of a challenge.
So much for the abs. I ate a whole pizza tonight too! :) All that sodium's got to be good for me. Maybe it'll make me look bigger.

I have a question for anyone who happens to read this, not that many will:
If I start WBB1, and can't do sets of 6-8 pullups (or even chinups), should I just substitute lat pulldowns or something like that? This is one area where I'm as weak as hell. Sometimes I wish I was short :)
Actually, no, not really, I'm glad I'm tall.

Coke
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I ate a whole pizza tonight too! :)

Guess you really do 'eat like a horse', lol...as far as the workout program goes I'd say experiment and do your own thing - wish you the best with it all TTT!!

TTT
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks CoCoa.

Oh yeah, I calculated my calorie intake for yesterday at around 5-6k. The pizza alone is worth over 3000. Should definitely have been in energy surplus then, which is good.

For the record, the best I've ever done in one sitting was 1 slice short of two pizzas :)

ghostrider
01-07-2005, 03:34 PM
The pizza alone is worth over 3000.

3000cals one pizza? What kind of pizza was that? Did you put a jar of pb on it? :D

getfit
01-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks CoCoa.

Oh yeah, I calculated my calorie intake for yesterday at around 5-6k. The pizza alone is worth over 3000. Should definitely have been in energy surplus then, which is good.

For the record, the best I've ever done in one sitting was 1 slice short of two pizzas :)
oh yum for pizza! i'm gonna have some this wknd i think:)

TTT
01-07-2005, 07:02 PM
oh yum for pizza! i'm gonna have some this wknd i think:)

Yeah, it's good if you don't eat it too much... :)

ghostrider: That's what Fitday.com said, I didn't know or make up the value myself.

TTT
01-07-2005, 07:03 PM
However, I have to drink about 5 big glasses of water almost immediately after eating one of those, because of the salt content. I think they're designed for people who can't eat much, because I'm sure that much salt doesn't do you much good.

rookiebldr
01-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I have a question for anyone who happens to read this, not that many will:
If I start WBB1, and can't do sets of 6-8 pullups (or even chinups), should I just substitute lat pulldowns or something like that? This is one area where I'm as weak as hell. Sometimes I wish I was short :)

No problem on the pullups, I couldn't do them either. If your gym has an assisted pullup machine that would be ideal or if you have a partner who can assisted you that may work depending on how many you can do. Else just sub in the lat pulldowns.

TTT
01-08-2005, 04:56 AM
Actually yeah, this gym does have an assisted machine. However, last time I tried to use it, I had to sort of slip off the kneepad and struggle to stop it flying upwards, because I got stuck at the bottom of the movement (which is pretty low because of my long arms)... is there usually a safety on this, or is that standard?

-TIM-
01-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Behind-neck presses: 28kg 1 set 8 reps
34kg 1 set 8 reps
38kg 2 sets 6 reps
How far do you bring the weight down? Ever consider doing these to the front? It's not as hard on your shoulders.

TTT
01-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I bring them right down till the bar touches my traps. I have pretty flexible arms, I used to be able to (probably still can, although I have more muscle now) hold a golf club / stick at almost shoulder width, and bring it from behind my back -> over my head to the front, and back again. My elbows are a bit weird too. I must have loose ligaments. Maybe that's why my bench is so weak :)

I actually usually swap between bringing it to the front and back, but I find lowering it behind my head hits my traps and posterior delts more. And then I do lateral/front raises to get the other delt heads.
But thanks for the idea anyway :)

TTT
01-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Man I can't believe the gym is closed this weekend, it's frustrating the hell out of me. They've already had time off for the holiday, I don't get why they're taking this weekend off too.

ghostrider
01-08-2005, 03:20 PM
That's what Fitday.com said, I didn't know or make up the value myself.

I'd like to know what kind of pizza the guys at fitday.com eat :D
100g of pizza with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce is around 300Cals, to hit 3000Cals you have to eat a 1Kg pizza... it's really a lot of pizza ;)
Anyway... you look very lean in your pics, eat as much as you can :burger:

-TIM-
01-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Man I can't believe the gym is closed this weekend, it's frustrating the hell out of me. They've already had time off for the holiday, I don't get why they're taking this weekend off too.

Because they're geh bastards.

I used to bring the bar behind my head as well, but only just below 90 degrees. Any more than that seems to be asking for a shoulder injury. At least at heavy weight it will be. Just food for thought. If it's working and doesn't hurt, more power to you. Good luck on 300 lbs...sucker :thumbup:

TTT
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Today was absolutely frickin awesome. And absolutely frickin zoo-like at the gym.

Hardly slept at all last night, I think it was because I stayed up too late the weekend nights and slept in on Sunday morning.
But I felt stronger than ever: (well, sort of):
I started WBB1 today, it seems pretty cool.

So here it is:

CHEST:

Flat BB Bench:
40kgx6 50kgx6

Flat DB Press (couldn't find incline bench because of crowd):
21kgx6 21kgx6

Dips:
bodyweight x 6
bodyweight x 3

BACK:

Bodyweight Chins:
5, 5, 2.5 reps

Deads:
40kgx8 60kgx6 65kgx6 70kgx6 WOOHOO!! New Personal Record! I felt like I could do so much more weight too!! Hopefully I'll have these up to bodyweight in no time.

BB Rows:
40kgx8 40kgx8

Shrugs:
11kgDB x 10 reps

I couldn't do things in this order, the gym was just too crazy for that. I ended up doing deads first, then chins, etc etc. Anyway, it all worked out.
I think that's also the most chinups I've ever done. In any case, they can only improve. I found some kind of form in the first set, where I actually felt my back and lats pulling me up, but then I kind of lost it. I don't think I'm doing them properly. But I can still pull myself up a few times.

Also, for dips, how much of an angle to the bars do most of you guys/girls go? I was probably at about a 70-80 degree angle (tilted forward) to the bars, are you supposed to be more upright?

Forearms felt like the most-worked-out muscle today :)

getfit
01-10-2005, 02:27 AM
nice session there TTT LOOKING STRONG! TOO ME!

TTT
01-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Strong? haha not yet, getfit:) But thanks anyway!
I think you're still stronger than me! :strong:

getfit
01-10-2005, 02:47 AM
Strong? haha not yet, getfit:) But thanks anyway!
I think you're still stronger than me! :strong:
you're strong my boy!:)

TheMachine
01-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Good workout TTT! What was different about the set of chin ups where you felt your back working more?

Coke
01-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Doing very well bro, nice chest and back session.

TTT
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM
getfit: I WILL be strong :)

TheMachine: I don't know, I probably just had better form the first set. It kind of felt like I was leaning back and pulling myself up by doing kind of a row, rather than using my biceps and abs and having to kick myself up. I think my lats just need to catch up, majorly. Has never been a strong point.

CoCoa: Thanks. I think I could have gotten 90kg on the deads, but I didn't want to try anything stupid. :) Also I think the BB bench was a bit weak now that I look at it, but what the hell, I had to do dumbells after that anyway :)

KiwiBuilder
01-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I couldn't do things in this order, the gym was just too crazy for that. I ended up doing deads first, then chins, etc etc. Anyway, it all worked out.

First off, let me say good effort! You're going great!

Don't worry about those two week wonders - they'll all give up their New Years resolutions shortly...

PizDoff
01-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Keep rocking hard!!!

Focused70
01-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I know what marmite is and love it on toast with some butter. :)

Can usually find it in NYC in a specialty food shop.

Nice journal so far. Don't forget to EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT!!!! and then go EAT some more. ;)

For dips, I like to go to parallel.

Stash

TTT
01-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Kiwibuilder and PizDoff: Thanks dudes. Don't worry, I will! And Kiwibuilder: I think this gym might just be busy all the time anyway, but it was particularly bad last night.

SobaAddict70: Cheers for the info. I think I go to parallel. However, what I was really asking was, do you lean forward or try to keep totally perpendicular to the bars? (ie. your torso angle to the bars)? You can sort of make it more of a bench-type excercise if you lean forward, or more of a, um, well god knows which muscles push you up if you keep at 90 degrees....probably more triceps than anything else. Maybe shoulders too.

Anyway, thanks for the replies people. I'll try to make it over to your journals soon :)

rookiebldr
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I lean forward on the dips too. Sounds fine to me.

TTT
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, Soba, Marmite is good stuff eh? Although I once heard someone say it was filled with Candida yeast. I'm not sure which species they use for making it, but I don't think Candida is good for you...

TTT
01-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Ok thanks rookie

TTT
01-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry Ghostrider, I missed your last post because it was the last one on the page. 300 Calories sounds more like what I thought it would be too. I can't remember the exact conversion factors, but I think there's a calorie and then there's a Calorie, maybe it has something to do with that. Probably does, since it's most likely based on 10's.

I got a blender today! It's so exciting!

Yes, I know, my life is very exciting... :rolleyes:

ghostrider
01-11-2005, 04:26 AM
300 Calories sounds more like what I thought it would be too. I can't remember the exact conversion factors, but I think there's a calorie and then there's a Calorie,

No problem, now go eat some more pizza with some tuna on it :burger:

I got a blender today! It's so exciting!

Great. Milk shakes (protein, milk, fruit) are great to up the calories.

ryuage
01-11-2005, 07:56 AM
great chest and back session ttt

TTT
01-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Ghostrider: holy sh**, if that whole pizza is only worth 300 Calories, that would mean eating 10 of those per day to get 3000 Calories.... wouldn't that be enough to make ANYONE fat? (and seem like more than 3000)? :confused:
There's a lot of bread and fat and oil in them.
And yeah, the blender rocks. The box lists it as 600 Watts, it seems to chew through stuff pretty easily :)

Ryuage: Thanks man. I've been paying for it since yesterday morning

;)

Wikked1
01-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Good looking session back there man. Except (ugh) you mean I have to convert all those Kgs to lbs? I'm FAR too lazy for that (and yeah I am just kidding). Keep fater it with those chins and on dips (which I do for my triceps) I keep myself 90 degrees no leaning forward (if you want to hit pecs lean forward but not so far as to overstress the delt) (Keep those shoulders TIGHT when you're dipping) !

Shane
01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
What Wikked said. Good work on the back TTT.

MixmasterNash
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Good deads! More chins!

How many times a week do you do pullups? If you can find a stretchy band that even offers a little bit of assistance, I think that can help a lot.

Stephen Riddington
01-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Nice work, but I gotta remember to convert it to pounds. :)

Two different types of dips...

Target: Chest/Pec
Body Position: lean forward.

Target: Triceps
Body Position: straight up

Hope this helps a little. :)

KiwiBuilder
01-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey TTT, you've got some good feedback going here bro!

TTT
01-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks heaps everyone, I'm just cooking dinner for my flat right now, I'll get back here and post my workout and detailed thank-you's later :)

Canadian Crippler
01-11-2005, 10:37 PM
What the heck is this 'kilogram'? ;)

Good luck with all your goals man, and as long as your body feels its awesome it IS awesome.

KiwiBuilder
01-12-2005, 01:01 AM
...I'm just cooking dinner for my flat right now...

Are you the flat bitch? No wonder you're working out... ;-)

TTT
01-12-2005, 01:18 AM
I just came back and made the ultimate shake - I strongly suggest you guys try this, it really is good:

500 mls milk
5 tablespoons strawberry yoghurt
1 large carrot
3 scoops strawberry protein (a friend gave me some to try)
3 heaped tablespoon-chunks of cottage cheese

I should have put peanut butter or olive oil in there, I think it would make it even better! But it's sure damned tasty.

PizDoff
01-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Should I stir this with a spoon or fork?

TTT
01-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Wikked1 and Shane: Thanks for the info. I thought it would be something like that, with the dips. I find it pretty hard to do them with everything at 90 degrees though.

Mixmaster: I do them once a week. Well, I do now, anyway, since I started WBB1. I don't think I could recover fast enough to do them more often :) I'll have a hunt for one of those bands, do you mean the ones where you just wrap them around the bar and then they sort of cinch themselves once you put the tension on?

CanadianHomer: Oh come on man, you're a Canadian!! Not an American! haha
And thanks for the info.

CanadianCrippler: Thanks dude. And yeah I'm feeling pretty good right now, but I'm still a bit sore. I'd say I'll be more sore tomorrow, I've never done half the exercises I did today....

Kiwibuilder: No, I'm not the flat bitch, never have been :) I wouldn't let people do that to me. In fact, that's why I'm lifting weights... just kidding.

PizDoff: Stir it with a giant spoon :)

TTT
01-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Ok, here's the workout, I had a sh***y day at work, pretty stressful, so I was just itching to get to the gym and let off some steam (after cooking the flat dinner).... and boy did it work.

LEGSSSSSSSSSSSS

SQUATS:
20kgx6 25kgx6 30kgx7 (just past parallel)
I'm probably the weakest in the squat dept. (In addition to pullups). Hopefully these will increase relatively fast, but I've got pretty long legs. I also descend pretty slow compared to some people I've seen, so I could probably do more, but hey, control is everything.

HACK SQUATS:
30kgx3 25kgx5 25kgx5
These totally killed my quads, and in the last set, I felt them in the calves too. I guess my form was crap, I've never done them before. Letting go of the bar was crazy, I had to drop/throw it a couple of times so it didn't crush my Achilles tendons...
Also my knees were sticking out way past my toes, but I can't seem to do them any other way, any suggestions? I don't think I could have leaned back any further.

SEATED LEG CURLS:
36kgx6 36kgx6
Easy as.....

SLDL's:
30kgx6 30kgx9
I don't have the flexibility to go past about mid-shin with these. Oh well, that can only improve with all that weight stretching them out :)

STANDING CALF RAISES:
23.5kg DB's x 4
23.5kg DB's x 6
21kg DB's x 8

-Tried to use the stupid non-adjustable machine which some of you might have seen my post about awhile ago. No go. Couldn't even budge it an inch with any useful weight after all those deads and squats (the thing's shoulder pads are at about 5' off the ground at resting position....) I find it pretty hard to balance using the dumbells, and that wasn't helped by the facts that (a) the floor has been freshly coated with linseed oil, making the ledge slippery, and (b) my forearms and hands felt like they were going to fall off after holding the dumbells and walking them from the rack, which is halfway across the room.
Oh well, next time I'll throw in some seated calf stuff as well.

All in all though, an excellent workout. Couldn't walk too easily afterwards.

Music: mixture of Fatboy Slim, Dr. Dre and 1200 Micrograms.

My favourite lifting song right now is 1200 Micrograms - E=MC2. ( I guess the '2' should be in superscript). Download it and tell me what you think! :) It thumps.

getfit
01-12-2005, 02:04 AM
nice leg thingy session TTT;)

TTT
01-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Thanks! It was certainly a 'learning' session. Now I can't walk... :)

TTT
01-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Oh yeah, today I weighed in pre-workout at 88kg, or 194lbs. So (I think) I've gained a bit, could be water etc. though

KiwiBuilder
01-12-2005, 02:27 AM
No, I'm not the flat bitch, never have been :)

Whew! That's a relief!

Great workout by the way, T.

Coke
01-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Looks like a pretty good leg session...you may want to try a wider stance on the hacks, just a thought.

-TIM-
01-12-2005, 11:17 AM
SQUATS:
20kgx6 25kgx6 30kgx7 (just past parallel)
I'm probably the weakest in the squat dept. (In addition to pullups). Hopefully these will increase relatively fast, but I've got pretty long legs. I also descend pretty slow compared to some people I've seen, so I could probably do more, but hey, control is everything.
You're ahead of the game. It's much better to lower the weight if that's what it takes to do the exercise right, and a lot of people won't do that. Good workout TTT.

TTT
01-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Kiwibuilder, CoCoa and Tim: Thanks.
I might try that on the hacks, thanks CoCoa. I just found it hard to let go of the bar, too - how do you let go of it without dropping it on your ankles?
And Tim, I wasn't sure how fast I should be descending, I could probably go a bit faster and get some more reps without losing form, but I'm trying to get it (form) perfect first. Even though it certainly takes it out of your legs faster doing it this way.

TTT
01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I just realised that those Straight-Legged Deadlifts were actually Straight-Leg-Straight-Back Deadlifts. Might explain some of the lack of flexibility

Shane
01-12-2005, 11:59 AM
You don't have to stay at 90 degrees for dips to be effective so it's all good.

Personally, I never round my back on SLDL's. But increasing flexibility helps one go lower without having to round the lower back.

And don't worry about the squats. Just stick with it and they'll go up. Good effort man. :)

ryuage
01-12-2005, 12:02 PM
:withstupi

great effort

Stephen Riddington
01-12-2005, 02:17 PM

:D Very good effort there.

TTT
01-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks boys!

Canadian Crippler
01-12-2005, 10:28 PM
When did you start squatting? And when did you start working legs?

TTT
01-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Not soon enough. I think I started (properly) squatting in about November or December. Was doing calf raises (half-ass*d) from about mid-2004. Leg presses: maybe from about the same time. Keep in mind that these were not consistent, this was before I found this site and decided to learn about bodybuilding, rather than wasting my time. :)

Also, I only started training everything else properly from about October. Before that, I'd been training off-and-on for about 2 years, lost all my progress in between, etc. - by the end of 2002, I was a skinny-fat weakling. 2003 saw a bit of progress, but only really in the arms/shoulders. I wasn't training my back, core or legs properly. By mid-2004, because I had stopped going to the gym again, and I was skinny-fat again. So basically, I've gotten to where I am now solely from the period from when I joined this board (end of October 2004) up until now.

Actually no, I didn't start PROPERLY squatting till about, um, yesterday. I don't think I had the form down before that. I'm still learning.

TTT
01-13-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm thinking of changing my avatar pic. Let's have a poll:

1) keep it.
2) something scary (er)
3) something funny
4) something beautiful
5) something amazing
6) something sexy
7) something stylized (logo etc.)
8) something trippy

?

ghostrider
01-13-2005, 03:59 AM
1) keep it.

Stephen Riddington
01-13-2005, 08:01 PM
TTT= The Two Towers :D

It's fine the way it is, or do an avatar that's original or show some connection to your favorite stuff and etc.

TTT
01-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Hehe.

lilmase1153
01-13-2005, 09:37 PM
put a pic of fat bastard we dont see enough of him anymore kinda sad actually ..... or if you want sometihng sexy i guess i can lend you a pic of me :-)

Canadian Crippler
01-13-2005, 10:24 PM
A wrestler.

TTT
01-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Haha I guess I would get more girls visiting my journal then eh lilmase? :)

CC: Yeah I could, but I'd rather get massive and then put me in there :D

TTT
01-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Ok onto "teh" (as some would have it)! journal.

Today kicked some royal a**.

ARMS AND SHOULDERS.
...................................................................................................

MILITARY PRESS IN RACK:
20kgx6 30kgx6 30kgx6

SEATED DUMBELL PRESS:
11kgx6 11kgx8
Those were hard after the militaries. I should have done them later. I can do more weight.

STANDING LATERAL RAISES:
6kg DB's x 10 6kgx10
At full arms's length, reasonably slowly.

NARROW-GRIP BENCH PRESS:
20kgx8 30kgx8 40kgx8 50kgx8
I was surprised I could do this much weight. I had my hands about a hand's length apart.

TRICEP PULLDOWNS (substituted for French Press in WBB1 - I didn't have a spotter :( ) :
30kgx6 42kgx8 48kgx6

STANDING E-Z BARBELL CURLS:
(10kg+bar)x7 (15kg+bar)x8
Does anyone know how much an E-Z bar weighs? I'd guess somewhere around 5-10kg but I don't know. It's about half the length of a standard benching bar.

HAMMER CURLS:
11kg DB'sx7 11kg DB'sx6

And then, just for fun:

FARMER'S WALKS:
31kg dumbells 2x width of gym
Too easy, should have grabbed 40's.

EXTRA-DECLINE BENCH SITUPS:
2x10 reps
Was going to do another set but was working in with another guy and couldn't be bothered.

ELLIPTICAL TRAINER (Cardio):
20 mins, 170 heart beats per minute for most of it, alternating between going forwards and backwards, 20-second sprints every 2 minutes. 240 Calories, according to the machine :fart:

Music: mix of Nirvana's 'Nevermind,' Rammstein's 'Sensucht,' Faith No More's 'Album of the Year' while in weights room. ATB while doing cardio.

And the best part? Just as I finished the elliptical, the batteries ran out. I'm not kidding. I stepped off the pedals, and the ipod stopped. It was pure genius.

TTT
01-14-2005, 12:59 AM
I think I'll keep the avatar, I feel like a frickin animal.

getfit
01-14-2005, 01:57 AM
great session there wooohooooooo! ;)

TTT
01-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Thanks getfit, you've inspired me into a new way of training. Hardcore :) (well, not as hardcore as yours yet, but I'll get there)!!

Focused70
01-14-2005, 10:49 AM
hm, I guarantee you that if I ever did farmer's walks, people would stare.

not that that's ever stopped me.

Nice session. Cute avatar, reminds me of a Muppet. :)

Stash

Coke
01-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Damn TTT, you kicked butt for real with this session...Good arms and shoulders training, liked them farmers walks - Major props on the elliptical work, the heart pumping 170 bpm rocks.

KiwiBuilder
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
I figure that the EZ Curl bar weighs 7.5KG... I'm not 100% on that though...Just checked some out on the 'net and they seem to be either 11lbs or 45lbs.

TTT
01-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Soba: Thanks man, why would they stare? Can you hold like 80kg or something?

CoCoa: Thanks. Yeah I like that elliptical machine, seems easier on the knees than the stairmaster, which I tried as well, but they have old machines and they seemed a bit 'crunchy,' if you know what I mean... I am addicted to the feeling of pushing past the initial barrier you feel about 10 mins into it, and then getting a 'second wind' and just cranking.

Kiwibuilder: Ok I think it actually might be something like 11lbs (5kg), it's probably a little over half the length of the olympic bars actually, but it's a bit skinnier I think. It's definitely not 45lbs (20kg)!! hehe

Focused70
01-14-2005, 01:28 PM
They'd stare because it's a NYSC that I belong to and very few people do these kinds of lifts.

For instance, two nights ago was the first time I'd ever seen someone do GMs. Not too many people do deadlifts (either rack pulls, SLDLs or regular deads) and the _______ jockeys outnumber the regular lifters by far.

Lawdy knows what would happen if someone did boards and bands....

Stash

TTT
01-14-2005, 01:30 PM
hehe.

TheMachine
01-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Good stuff! I like the farmers walk you threw into the mix.

Stephen Riddington
01-14-2005, 03:11 PM
hm, I guarantee you that if I ever did farmer's walks, people would stare.

not that that's ever stopped me.

Stash

That's cuz you're such an attention whore. :D

Nice session, like the others says the farmer's walk is looking good.

Canadian Crippler
01-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Good session m8.

TTT
01-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Machine, Homer and CC: Thanks!

Homer, you reckon those walks were good? I thought they were pretty light actually. I'd imagine you'd be walking around with 100kg dumbells? :)

TTT
01-15-2005, 02:03 AM
Today I went and watched a downhill mountain biking comp, up on some mountains near the city. It was pretty cool, got some walking in (with a ~5-10kg pack), especially up this one service track where the angle must have been 45 degrees, I'm not kidding.
And today has been so darn hot, I just about roasted. I think it's only about 33 degrees C, but I'm not sure if it's humid, or what, because it feels like 40. Sitting in the car on the way home was hell. The aircon couldn't cope.
Anyone know anything about how heat affects bodybuilding? :)
I used to be able to handle the heat when I was a little scrawny dude, but now I really feel it.

getfit
01-15-2005, 02:20 AM
lucky you TTT wow i'm dying for some warmth it's freezzzzzzzzzzzing here :)

TTT
01-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Haha! The grass is always greener on the other side eh getfit? :)

getfit
01-15-2005, 02:28 PM
until i see the grass will be another 4 months LOL;)

ghostrider
01-15-2005, 03:20 PM
I think it's only about 33 degrees C

33? Oh, yes, you are in New Zealand :p

lilmase1153
01-15-2005, 07:27 PM
sweet session and hike T to the 3rd power.... so how do you like it there in new zealand i hear its awesome and the scenary kicks arse..

and to be honest your avatar scares me.....

TTT
01-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Getfit: Yeah I can remember in Vancouver having the snow stay awhile.... I guess in Montreal it's even better eh?

Ghostrider: Yep. I think it was probably around 33 in the shade, but when we had to get into the car to leave, and travel on the black asphalt roads (90% of which were quite melted and sticky), in a car with panels that were too hot to touch acting as heaters, it must have been more like 50. Felt like it anyway. I've never seen so many people complain about the heat so much :)

Lilmase: Thanks. Yeah NZ is pretty awesome, you should travel here if you ever get the chance. However, although the scenery is awesome, it also got ranked (by some poll or study that the newspapers reported) as one of the more 'boring' places to be, by tourists. I guess it's too laid-back for all the hyped-up new generation of big-city people...

TTT
01-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Today was a bit of a mixed bag, full of decent lifts and 'also-lifted' lifts.
I didn't get to sleep till midnight and I don't sleep for **** anyway so I was a bit, um, exhausted. Actually, this morning I felt like I was going to die. Just kidding :evillaugh Actually, I felt like I would rather die than have to get up and go to work. Just kidding again. Suffice it to say that I was very tired. Ok enough of that, here's the lifts:

CHEST/BACK:
==================================================

CHEST:

FLAT BB BENCH:
30kgx10
60kgx4
50kgx9
The 20 kg plates I put on for the 60 kg lifts felt extremely heavy. They were those Ivanko plates, I think they're heavier than any other 20's in the gym. Anyway, I dropped it down to 50 again, so I didn't drop the bar on myself. I also left some gas in the tank for dips etc.

LOW INCLINE DB PRESS:
16kg DB's x 8
21kg DB's x 7
I was quite happy with the 21kg dumbells, that's what I used to use for flat db bench.

DIPS:
BWx6
BWx7 (BW=bodyweight, no added weight)

BACK:

PULLUPS:
BWx5
BWx5
I think these are SLOWLY improving. I think this is about what I could do with chinups before.

DEADLIFTS:
20kgx10
60kgx6
60kgx8
Hard to say what's happening with these, think I did lower reps last time.

BARBELL STANDING BENT-OVER ROWS:
15kgx8
23kgx8
28kgx8
33kgx8
I should have gone heavier right from the start. I didn't know how much I could do because I haven't done these before. 33kg was easy, but I was getting tired. 50kg next time? Maybe.
Oh yeah, last week these rows were done lying prone on a bench, so I can't compare the two.

SHRUGS:
11kg DB's x 10
13.5kg DB's x 10

To finish off, I did about 4 super-slow negative pullups.

Weight at start of workout: 88kg (194lbs)

getfit
01-17-2005, 02:09 AM
woooooohoooooooooooo ya DIPS -BB BENT OVER ROWS YOU GO TTT! :)

KiwiBuilder
01-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Good work, T-man.

I get the impression you work without a spotter? Nothing worse than having to stop with some gas in the tank 'just in case'. Dang.

Coke
01-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Nice chest and back work bro.

TheGimp
01-17-2005, 06:53 AM
It's always refreshing to see someone else using kilos :)

What's the diet looking like?

ryuage
01-17-2005, 07:11 AM
great session ttt.... and how does the diet look??? bet you're not eating enough!!! MUAHAHA

Focused70
01-17-2005, 09:06 AM
woooooohoooooooooooo ya DIPS -BB BENT OVER ROWS YOU GO TTT! :)

Dips especially, one of my favorite movements.

NZ is amazing, not just because it is amazing but because I shall forever think of it as Hobbit Land.

If I were a hobbit, I'd go live there. :D

I'm just a professional hobbit though.

Stash

TTT
01-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Gf: Thanks!

Kiwibuilder: Yep I generally do work without one, although I might have to ask someone for a spot next time. The gym has been PACKED everyt time I've been there, shouldn't be hard to find someone (or a line of people) who are waiting for a bench. Seriously, had to wait almost 10 mins for a bench.

CoCoa: Thanks. I'll try harder next time :)

TheGimp: Yeah I like seeing other people's journals in kilos too. Diet wasn't too flash last weekend, might explain some of the extreme lethargy. But I mostly attribute it to lack of sleep.

Ryuage (AND Gimp): Probably not, at least, not last weekend. But I'm upping the intake again. I force myself to eat two 'bits' of lunch every day at work - one being a filled roll-type thing that's bigger than a footlong at Subway, has more bread etc. and the other being something else like a normal tuna salad sandwich or pastrami bagel or something. It's hard, but I can do it :) And then I stuff myself with leftovers, etc. when I get home, and then if it's a workout day, I have almost a 1-litre shake filled with like 500 ml milk and cottage cheese and pb and protein powder and some fruit.
On top of dinner. Breakfast = ~300ml bowl of muesli, filled with milk. Snacks at work=usually a couple of bits of fruit, twice per day. I think I might have to start pulling a "Gino," though, and bring in a container of plain pasta to work for snacks.

Soba: Yeah I like dips. I don't know whether I improved over last week or not, it's hard to remember how deep I was going. Yesterday was pretty deep.
NZ is definitely cool.
Do you have hairy feet?

Focused70
01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
No. That's why I'm just a professional hobbit. :p

Stash

GrumpyTX
01-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Nice journal you have here.

Stephen Riddington
01-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Triple T, nice volume you got going in your chest/back session.

TTT
01-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Stash: what does a professional hobbit do? Apart from eat and eat and then eat some more? And post pics of food p0rn? :)

Grumpy: Thanks man. I try my best :)

Homer: I decided to do a few more sets on things like shrugs, but mostly I just stick to WBB1. Might have to start putting more stuff in if I don't feel tired at the end of the workouts. Most of them I don't, but yesterday was the first time I've actually felt puffed doing deads. Maybe I'm starting to do them properly or something... Also, I don't think I go as heavy as I should with deads or squats, but I'm just afraid of wrecking my back. I always have gas left in the tank afterwards (well, last week I didn't, because I did hacks after squats - that killed whatever strength I had left in me).

orbital
01-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice workouts bro.

"Music: mix of Nirvana's 'Nevermind,' Rammstein's 'Sensucht,' Faith No More's 'Album of the Year' while in weights room."

Wish they played that my gym :/ I need one of them ipods stat.

TTT
01-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks dude. Yeah the iPod is definitely cool, I'm very happy with it so far. The only problem is battery life, it's ok but nothing to write home about. I think the big problem causing the short battery life is the backlight. It's got like a 1,000,000-candle-power backlight. I really don't know why they did this, it's just pointless. It hurts my eyes if I switch it on at night - I actually have to look away, like I opened the curtains to a sunny morning or something. Weird. But everything else about it is exceptionally good, build quality, menu system, etc.

TTT
01-18-2005, 12:17 PM
This has nothing to do with lifting, but I had the weirdest dream last night.
I was in this room with some old guy and his assistant, and then he shows me this new "weapon" they have, and the box says "CAUTION: Caustic, causes burns, asphyxiating gas," etc etc......
And then they decide to open it, so I go outside, and I see the dude loosening the top on this little metal canister about the size of a vitamin pill bottle or something. And all this gas flows out, which makes the air around it look like it's hot, with that sort of 'wavy,' distorted appearance. So anyway, the canister is obviously highly pressurised, because it's still hissing out of this thing about 20 seconds later. So the guy tells me to see what it smells like. And it smells and tastes just like that stuff that you get for kids to paint on their nails, to stop them biting them... really bitter and sour. Anyway, so I'm standing outside in a garage or something near this room. And then my alarm went off. Too bad, I wanted to see where that dream was going. It was pretty f***ed up.

Wikked1
01-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Nice session man! Battery life a problem in the iPod? That sucks man! (I sort of like the ones with just the RAM in them) (no moving parts) thus battery life is damn good but anyway nice movement on your back & chest day! Solid work and that dream means you'll be getting lucky with numerous hot babes at once! (Well hey that's how I interpret all dreams) LMFAO! :evillaugh

lilmase1153
01-18-2005, 07:10 PM
ace session there mate.. sucks about your ipizzle yo

TTT
01-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Wikked and Mase: No the battery life is ok, it's not tooooo bad really. It's just not as good as the flash memory players. But it's good enough for me.

And Wikked: Yeah I hope so about the girls, man.... haha. That'd rock.

TTT
01-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Right, the workout, the workout.....

LEGS.
============================================================

SQUATS: (ALLLLMOST ATF)
20kgx5
30kgx5
35kgx7
40kgx4 - P.R. Hopefully I'll be putting those big 20's on each side soon!!

HACK SQUATS:
25kgx5
25kgx6
25kgx6-wide stance
I still can't figure these out, they feel a bit messed up. I can't seem to get down anywhere near parallel without having my knees wayyyy out past my toes. If I lean back, I'll just fall over. And if I don't put my knees out, then the bar just hits my calves. It's weird, maybe I'm doing something totally wrong, but I can't pinpoint it.
And I still get the bar caught in the back of my shoes when I put it down.

LEG CURLS (SEATED):
42kgx6
48kgx7.5
I pushed these hard.

SLDL'S:
20kgx5
25kgx8
40kgx8 - P.R. (I haven't done these much, I still could have done more I think)

SMITH MACHINE STANDING ONE-LEGGED CALF RAISES:
40kgx5 each leg
30kgx5 each leg
Bar x 6 each leg
Bar x 6 each leg
I don't know how much the bar weighs once it's attached to the machine. I'd guess about 5-10kg. These were reallllly hard, I thought I'd be able to do more weight. Oh well.

Other stuff:

Music: Prodigy, Nirvana, 1200 Micrograms, Faith No More, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd.

Plenty of nice girls in the gym today, most doing inner/outer thigh machines. But one girl was doing squats! Now there's something I don't see much. I felt like going up and cheering her on. That was cool.

Weight at start of workout: 88.6kg!! YAY! It's going up! (I think).

I couldn't walk properly after this session. I must be doing something at least half-right.

getfit
01-19-2005, 01:59 AM
nice nice leg session TTT go go!:)

lilmase1153
01-19-2005, 02:37 AM
yeah T cubed not a bad w/o homie... i think i know what kg convert to in lbs but oh well none the less.. you can barely walk and that tells me you had a good day.. great job mate..

ryuage
01-19-2005, 03:52 AM
great leg session ttt, next time you should approach the girl and help her with her form :thumbup:

briancurran01
01-19-2005, 04:39 AM
nice leg session triple T...got it going on bro

Coke
01-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Fine leg effort TTT

TTT
01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Getfit: Thanks! I am going!! :)

Mase: Thanks. And here's the link again to the convertor I use: http://www.americanyc.com/clubhouse/general/converter/

Ryuage: Yeah man, fo shizzle. :hump: Although it wasn't bad to begin with.

B-Dawg: Thanks dude. I definitely have it goin on, and it's picking up speed :)

CoCoa: Thanks! Maybe one day I'll get up to a third of your squat weights :)

TheGimp
01-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Nice work matey. It took me a long time to get used to hacks too, just stick with em :)

-TIM-
01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
great leg session ttt, next time you should approach the girl and help her with her form :thumbup:The proper way to do that is from behind...but you probably knew that.

Nice leg workout. Those squats will get up there soon enough.

Focused70
01-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Triple Threat: :withstupi on just about every thing. Love hack squats. love love love hack squats. Only 2nd to sldls imo. Nice leg session.

Professional hobbits are office junkies and make a mission out of eating. They're also mean-a$$ cooks too.

Since you were clamoring for food pr0n, here ya go:

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/1101114626/gallery_12550_103_1101201820.jpg

:)

Stash

Stephen Riddington
01-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Nice leg work, mate.

Soup isn't food porn tuttut

Canadian Crippler
01-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I'd say a Smith bar is 15-20 lbs, more towards the 15 mark. So 8-10 kg's I'd say.

Everything is getting up there man, keep it up!

TTT
01-19-2005, 09:52 PM
TheGimp: Yeah I'll stick it out... I guess it's the same as learning how to squat. I'm still improving on that. Thanks.

Tim: Haha! I can just picture someone (me?) asking her if she needed a spot...
Thanks. And yeah, I think they're improving, anyway. They were about 10kg up on last week. I attribute that mostly to form.

Soba: Thanks for the p0rn!! I needed that in here. :)
Do you cook all those dishes yourself? Or were those taken at restaurants? Nice presentation.

Homer: Cheers dude. I think it was better than last time, so I'm happy :)

CC: Yeah I think it's probably around there. I guess it doesn't matter for calf raises (at the speed I do them), but at high speeds you have to factor in the counterweight on the thing too, it really affects the way it moves. And cheers for the encouragement! Hopefully I'll get up to your weights soon!
If I wasn't such a lanky tall bas**rd, I'd be able to lift more. Oh well, it has its advantages...

Canadian Crippler
01-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Are you doing high speeds for the plyometric advantages? Because if you're looking to gain mass and size in your calves, I'd stall a bit with the movement.

TTT
01-19-2005, 10:16 PM
What I meant was, it doesn't matter at the speed I do them, because I do them so slowly.... haha
i.e. about 5 - 10 seconds per rep. :)

-TIM-
01-19-2005, 10:33 PM
That's a looong rep. I think you're lying you calf whore.

:spam:

TTT
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
:) I like that name
I mean, 5-10 secs for the entire rep, concentric and eccentric movements. So that's like 2.5-7.5 sec up, same going down. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd say 5 secs per rep. 2.5 up, 2.5 down.

lilmase1153
01-20-2005, 03:20 AM
ha ttt is a calf whore :-)

TTT
01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
ARMS/SHOULDERS
======================================================

MILITARY PRESS:
30kgx6
35kgx5
I'm considering getting a spotter next time, or moving out of the rack. I don't like that rack, the pegs are way backwards, and I almost hurt my shoulder getting the barbell off the pegs.

SEATED DB PRESS:
11kg DB's x 6
13.5kg DB's x 6
These felt HEAPS easier than last time, despite the weight increase. Maybe I put less effort into the militaries.

STANDING LATERAL RAISES:
6kg DB's x 10
6kg DB's x 10
-After reading up on ExRx, I did these with my elbows ABOVE my wrists/dumbells. This kills.

NARROW-GRIP BENCH:
50kgx6
60kgx5
I almost made the 6th rep with 60kg. I didn't want to fail though. This kicks a##.

TRICEP CABLE PULLDOWNS:
48kgx6
54kgx4(FAIL)
48kgx5

E-Z BAR CURLS:
(15kg+bar)x6
(17.5kg+bar)x6
-Up 2.5 on last time.

HAMMER CURLS:
11kg DB's x 9
Wicked pump. ~4-second negatives.

FARMER'S WALKS:
36kg DB's x 2 gym widths
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in: 88.6 kg. I am fat.

:D

TTT
01-21-2005, 02:15 AM
I'd like to know what kind of pizza the guys at fitday.com eat :D
100g of pizza with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce is around 300Cals, to hit 3000Cals you have to eat a 1Kg pizza... it's really a lot of pizza ;)
Anyway... you look very lean in your pics, eat as much as you can :burger:

Just for you, Ghostrider:

TTT
01-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Oh, and today, I had about 4300 Calories. Probably not enough. Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow.

ghostrider
01-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Just for you, Ghostrider:

That has to be a very large serving :burger:
I read in the pic "with meat". What kind of meat? If it is a 500g pork chop, with 900g pizza... than it might be possible :D
I think the guys at fitday overestimate the cals/serving ;)

KiwiBuilder
01-21-2005, 03:19 AM
T-Man! 15" Pizza? That is one mutha ****er! I just measured the Domino's box from the pizza I had tonight, and it fits a 10-11 incher in there, and that's a large...

lilmase1153
01-21-2005, 03:25 AM
awesome w/o there TTT.. your starting to show some good results already. just keep doing what your doing my man..

Coke
01-21-2005, 05:38 AM
Good shoulders and arms work TTT - pump it it.

Stephen Riddington
01-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Good session, I agree about the seated millies, at my gym, the rack blows. I have to stand up a bit, to force the bar off the pin without tweaking my shoulders.

TTT
01-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Ghostrider: I think it was just a super supreme... so just your usual assortment of processed crap :)

Kiwibuilder: I guess I may have overestimated the size... I don't work in inches so I'll have to figure this out. Actually you and Ghostrider are probably right, it's probably only around 11-12 inches in diameter. So I guess I could take off about a thousand cals. a 15" pizza would be huge! Good ol' America eh? Although I could eat one of those too, I've eaten one slice short of two whole 11-12" pizzas before.

Lilmase: Thanks man! Yeah I was pretty amped after that workout.

CoCoa: Thanks man. I was definitely burning by the end of it :)

CHomer: Yeah, I hate that rack. It's about 20cm too far backwards at the level where the bar goes... only problem is, I don't think I can do your 'stand up' trick, because I'm too tall for that. Also, the seat would be in the way.

TTT
01-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I woke up with what felt like a cold yesterday morning, and it seemed to have gone away by the time I went to the gym. Today, the same thing happened. It's pretty weird, my nose and throat have been clogged up while I'm sleeping, and then they (pretty much) clear out over the day. It's pretty hot here at the moment (about 30 degrees I'd say, probably hotter in the room) so it could be that.

PizDoff
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Is there no air conditioning or is it just you? :D

lilmase1153
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
hold on 30 degress is pretty hot.. your crazy :-) but i know what you mean man i always wake up nose completely plugged and feel kinda sick but after a shower and some food i feel 100%

Focused70
01-21-2005, 09:46 PM
What does kg translate to lbs.? Me dumb American. :)

Nice session anyway.

I'm just a phuud junkie. I cook, but nothing remotely interesting as the pic above. (Well, I can and occasionally do, but not anywhere near as much as I used to before I began bb'ing.)

Stash

Stackattack
01-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Stash, You multiply the weight in KG by 2.2 to get it into pounds. You get some weird looking numbers but i do it in my journal for others viewing pleasure seeing as the majority of the people on here don't understand the vast superiority of the metric system. :D

Canadian Crippler
01-21-2005, 10:34 PM
When I seated millie I just pick the bar off the floor, use momentum the throw it up to my chest, and then I'm ok. I should imagine everyone can do this if they're using like 110 lbs or less (providing there body strength is at normal ratios).

TTT
01-21-2005, 11:43 PM
PizDoff: It's all me baby :)

Mase: Well I've never had this before. It's almost like hayfever, but I don't think it is. And a cold would usually be more full-on.

Soba and Stack: Here's the link again: http://www.americanyc.com/clubhouse/general/converter/

Crip: Yeah I used to do that. I started doing them in the rack because that's what's listed in WBB1, and also you can alter the weight more precisely using the proper olympic bars rather than the pre-set barbells they have on the side of the gym. But I think I'll start using those again, because this rack is dangerous.

ghostrider
01-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Ghostrider: I think it was just a super supreme... so just your usual assortment of processed crap :)

Yes, probably. There is a lot of fat (126g), and my bet is that a lot of this is no good fat.
When I want a pizza, I heat up the oven and do it myself ;)

Good job on the shoulders, you're getting stronger :strong:

Kiaran
01-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I woke up with what felt like a cold yesterday morning, and it seemed to have gone away by the time I went to the gym. Today, the same thing happened. It's pretty weird, my nose and throat have been clogged up while I'm sleeping, and then they (pretty much) clear out over the day. It's pretty hot here at the moment (about 30 degrees I'd say, probably hotter in the room) so it could be that.

Keep a window open while you sleep, T, and eat some oranges and grapefruits (Vit. C). You'll get better soon.

TTT
01-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Ghostrider: Pizza for dinner again!! Yay! More saturated, trans-fat for me! :) Well at least I don't think they can fake the cheese :)
I would crank up the oven, but that pretty much means doing all the dishes that night, otherwise the flatmates might get pi**ed off. (weekends=find-your-own-dinner days)...thanks for the encouragement though dude.

Kiaran: I keep the windows open, but it's hot outside too so it doesn't do much. I've been dosing up on the vits, don't you worry :)

ryuage
01-22-2005, 09:27 AM
i think imma have me some fajitas tonight

TTT
01-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Awesome!
Those things are nice! What you putting in them?

ryuage
01-22-2005, 03:36 PM
shrimp, beef, chicken, rice, beans, lettuce, tomatos :)

oh and now im finishing it up with 6 homemade cookies and a big ass bowl of ice cream :p

TTT
01-22-2005, 07:12 PM
dirty ba**ard :D

Man I want some ice cream...
In fact, I might get some tonight!!
But I'd rather have an enormous bowl of nuts.

ryuage
01-22-2005, 07:42 PM
i had left overs when the girl came over last.... got 2 tubs of ice cream and had cookie dough sitting there just tempting me :p usually im spot on in my diet, but I guess once in awhile couldnt hurt :)

TTT
01-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah man absolutely, I usually try to stay away from sugary stuff, but I still eat junk food like pizza just about every weekend. I find it really doesn't matter when you're bulking (I've never cut before, so I can't say how it would affect that, but I guess it wouldn't be good).

TTT
01-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Damn I'm pi**ed off this morning. Couple in the room next door were talking and giggling away till about 12:30am, or even later. I didn't hear them after midnight because I turned my fan on. Work is going to be very trying today. Oh well, I'll make the most of it. Problem is, I'm still trying to get rid of this damned congested head/throat, and lack of sleep isn't going to do much for that.

Hatred
01-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Say hello to your friend the URI. Only rears it's head when you stop moving and are trying to relax. You guys and your pizza and ice cream. Gives me a bellyache just thinking about it.

TTT
01-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey man, welcome to my journal, thanks for posting.
Yeah, it's not fair, I think I caught it from them too :mad: You know what the most fu**ed up thing is? They don't even make any attempt to get better. They're going out partying and stuff while they have chest infections, and staying up playing with each other. Man, that just chafes me in a bad area something fierce.
Oh well. It feels like it's already almost gone now. I usually get over stuff really fast, and hardly ever get sick anymore anyway. The syptoms are almost absent during the day, it's just overnight and when I wake up that I feel it.
It's not bad enough to warrant a break in the lifting :)

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with pizza and ice cream in moderation :) Especially when you need like 4000+ cals a day for maintenance.

-TIM-
01-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all. I've been on a McDonalds diet the last 3 weeks.

TTT
01-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Haha!
And how do you like my new sig, Tim?
Oh, and how's the scurvy coming along? :)

TTT
01-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Damn, the sig disappeared from previous posts when I deleted it again. Oh well.

Today's workout was actually amazingly good for the amount of sleep I got last night (see a couple of posts above). I didn't have the stamina in the pullups though. But that was about the only negative part of it.

CHEST/BACK
================================================================

FLAT BB BENCH:
40kgx8
50kgx8
60kgx6
Once again, the Ivanko plates are heavier than any of the other ones.

LOW INCLINE DB PRESS:
21kg DB'sx7
21kg DB'sx8
18.5kg DB'sx8

DIPS:
BWx5
BWx4
Actually, this is another area where the reduced stamina affected me. Although I went hard on the benching before them. Last time I only did two sets for each bench exercise.

PULLUPS:
BWx5
BWx3
Pathetic.

CONVENTIONAL DEADLIFTS:
60kgx6
70kgx6
70kgx5
And I still had a few reps left in me!! But I stopped because I was nervous about the back. This is another P.R.

BB STANDING BENT-OVER ROWS:
33kgx8
38kgx7
38kgx8
Hopefully these made up a bit for the pullups. I started at my final set weight last time.

DB SHRUGS:
13.5kg DB'sx10
16kg DB's x 10

Worked in with a dude doing about 44kg dumbells in each hand for incline press (max). That was pretty impressive.
The gym was perhaps the most crowded I've ever seen it tonight. There were approximately 50 people in the weights room, and it's not a big one. Getting a bench was not fun.
Funny stuff observed:
Group of three or four curl jockeys doing dumbell benches, and one would lie down and get his buddies to give him the dumbells, and then proceed to bench them with about a 1-foot range of motion. About halfway down to his chest, and then up, WITH the assistance of his friends. That was pretty amusing, but I can see where they're going to get injured soon. I'm not one to criticize body shapes, because my legs (and everything)! leave a lot to be desired, but their arms were bigger than mine, and their legs were like mine when I was 12. Crazy stuff.
Didn't see any nice girls today, all the testosterone must have scared them off.
It was pretty difficult trying to eat enough today, I was starting to feel sick after lunch. I hate being tired, this always happens to me when I'm tired.

Weigh-in: 89.1kg. I think a lot of the increase is probably fat and water. Should be partly muscle though. I'll be at 90 anytime now!

:thumbup:

lilmase1153
01-24-2005, 02:35 AM
awesome session TTT.. your chest is starting to kick some major ass

KiwiBuilder
01-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Group of three or four curl jockeys doing dumbell benches, and one would lie down and get his buddies to give him the dumbells, and then proceed to bench them with about a 1-foot range of motion. About halfway down to his chest, and then up, WITH the assistance of his friends. That was pretty amusing, but I can see where they're going to get injured soon.

You turning all cynical in your tired state there T-Man? ;-)

Weigh-in: 89.1kg. I think a lot of the increase is probably fat and water. Should be partly muscle though. I'll be at 90 anytime now!

You're turning into a beast there sonny! Awesome work bro.

getfit
01-24-2005, 02:51 AM
great session there TTT:)

TheGimp
01-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Nice session, especially that DL PR!

Coke
01-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Doing damn good TTT...the chest and back work is nice and complete.

TTT
01-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Mase: Thanks man. I'm going for bench goal of 100kgx3-4 reps at the moment, should be able to do that by sometime near the end of the year, I hope.

Kiwi: Thanks man. I'm going to beat Tim and Ryuage! I'll be catching up to your weight soon. And yeah, I guess being tired doesn't help. Although there was another bunch of (experienced) regular lifters there, and I saw them laughing at it too :)

Getfit: Thanks!! It's missing the cardio though... next time.

TheGimp: Thanks dude. I was pretty happy with that too... I think I can do more as well.

CoCoa: Thanks, although I don't know about those pullups :) They were pretty bad.... but the rows work the lats a bit too don't they?

TTT
01-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Also, I think I'm not making much progress in the pullups because my legs have increased in size so fast. My calves haven't progressed much, but my hammies and quads have really blown up. I'll have to try a different calf routine.

Wikked1
01-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah man good session PR's are always a good thing. Tow note worthy things...and I can only speak for myself but I find that some of the most difficult exercises are done with BW (Pullups & Dips)Keep after it all and yeah I liked the amusement in the gym I got a couple old guys in my gym that do the same thing,3-4" ROM I swear .....uuhmm more meaningful conversion 7-10 cm ROM. Keep up the good work in here!

Canadian Crippler
01-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Why are you nervous about "the back"? Have you injured it before?

Nice looking session there, and yes PR's are always, always a good thing!

TTT
01-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Wikked: Thanks man. Yeah those guys were crazy, they were dropping the hell out of the dumbells too, everyone was staring when they dropped them, the noise was huge.

Cripp: Thanks! Nope, never injured it before, but from the amount of posts on here from people with injured backs, it sounds like it's pretty easy to do. So I'm just taking it easy, not pushing myself too hard. I can easily get PR's at the moment because I'm still experimenting with just how heavy I can lift without hurting myself :) Although, it did feel easier than last time, so I must be getting stronger anyway. So it's a win-win situation really.

TTT
01-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Somehow I've been losing fat the last couple of days, especially today. I hope my weight's not dropping. I just can't seem to eat enough at work. We'll see when I hit the scales again, hopefully I've still put on some muscle at the same time.

MixmasterNash
01-24-2005, 10:12 PM
...and I can only speak for myself but I find that some of the most difficult exercises are done with BW (Pullups & Dips)

Indeed, closed chain exercises rule!!! It's the best way to be "strong" in my book.

Thanks for dropping by my journal, too, T.

TTT
01-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah I try to do as many cck(?) exercises as possible.
Well thanks for dropping by mine! :)

Stephen Riddington
01-24-2005, 11:24 PM
LOL @ the group of Curl Jockeys, you should worn a "Die, Curl Jockey, Die!!!" shirt and walked by them. :)

Overall session looking ace!!!

TTT
01-24-2005, 11:34 PM
...and then, I would have been beaten up :)
...until I pushed them.

Stephen Riddington
01-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I would wear it, got a couple cool workout related shirts to create. There's a store in my city that can create personalized shirts at a cheap price.

Stackattack
01-25-2005, 02:59 AM
Nice chest/back session T3. Keep up the good work.

TTT
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Stack: Thanks man. I really have to make it over to your journal soon :)

TTT
01-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Homer: might have to get one when I'm in Vancouver, haha

TTT
01-26-2005, 12:15 AM
I took tonight off because I'm trying to kick this stupid throat/nose bug for good. It's not really bad symptom-wise, but I feel pretty weak and tired today.

I'm going to do legs tomorrow (hopefully!) and still do arms on friday - hopefully they won't be too wrecked from squats etc. tomorrow.

So, that's that.

lilmase1153
01-26-2005, 03:51 AM
tahts that... come man no slacking.. just kick that cold in the nuts and do what you gotta do.. nah man j/k feel better first and than kill alright mate

GrumpyTX
01-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Drink some coffee for energy and show that cold who the boss is.

Nice past couple sessions.

Wikked1
01-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah man don't let a little sniffles convince you that you shouldn't be working out. (In all honesty sometimes when I'm feeling like crap I actually do start feeling better once I get warmed up and in the gym). Now go do some SQUATS!

-TIM-
01-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Haha!
And how do you like my new sig, Tim?
Oh, and how's the scurvy coming along? :)I don't see the sig, but the scurvy is just fantastic thank you very much. It's definitely not as annoying as the bad case of herpes I picked up at your family reunion. That s**t stings.

Great sessions bro. How's the diet coming along? Mines up and down, as usual :rolleyes:

TTT
01-26-2005, 09:47 PM
lilmase: That's what I'm going to do right now.... I'm still not 100% but I'm going to do legs anyway.

Grumpy: Thanks man. I haven't had coffee for a few months now, last time I had some at work, it seemed that every time I had a cup, my stomach would ache for about two hours afterwards.... it never used to happen, but I figure it can't be good for me. It's a pretty harsh drink I guess.

Wikked: I feel exactly the same! I've had days where I felt like I couldn't even be bothered to get in the car, let alone get in the gym. As soon as I'm there, with some music going, I just get totally amped. Yesterday I really think I probably couldn't have done much though - my legs were actually feeling tired just from walking up the stairs at work.

Tim: I had "Tim Nissen is a wannabe dirty calf whore" in my sig, and I thought it would stay in the two posts I made with it. But it didn't. Oh well.
You got herpes from my family reunion? Damn man, you should see what your mum gave me.... :D
As for the diet, yeah it's a bit up-and-down too, I find it pretty hard to eat enough on non-gym days, my metabolism is one of those ones which tries to keep its owner skinny....I can eat like a horse on exercise days, but then as soon as I back off, I don't feel hungry. This would be good if I was just an everyday person trying to maintain weight, but unfortunately I'm trying to put on like 100+pounds..... :) Oh well, I try to stuff myself wherever and whenever possible.

PizDoff
01-26-2005, 09:49 PM
You guys are strange....in different ways from me.

TTT
01-27-2005, 01:25 AM
LEGS.
===============================================================

ALMOST ATC, WIDE-FOOTING SQUATS:
25kgx5 (warmup)
30kgx5 (warmup)
40kgx5
40kgx5

HACK SQUATS:
25kgx5
25kgx5
Form was no better than last week. I put the training wheels on the bar, so at least this week the bloody thing didn't chop my ankles when I put it down.

LEG CURLS:
48kgx6
42kgx7
Roughly the same as last week, I think.

STIFFIES:
40kgx6
45kgx6 - P.R.
Felt like going heavy, so I did.

STANDING SMITH MACHINE CALF RAISE:
(BAR+20kg)x10
(BAR+30kg)x11
(BAR+30kg)x10
(BAR+30kg)x12
Both legs at once this time, so can't say if they're any stronger.

Interesting bits 'n' pieces:
*Temp secretary at work keeps staring at me, and gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen when I left yesterday.
*Whichever bug I have is getting better, I think.
*~3 nice girls in the gym today.
*I only have 22 days left till I finish my final work placement.
*University bites. I have one more paper to do before I can finish my degree. I'm trying to do it in Summer school in Vancouver. Any paper suggestions? Anyone go to UBC?

---------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in: 89.00 kg!! Woot!

TTT
01-27-2005, 01:29 AM
PizDoff: Tim started it..... haha

getfit
01-27-2005, 01:43 AM
wooohooooooo T great leg session nice! :)

TTT
01-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Thanks gf! I didn't think toooooo much of it, but I did progress slightly from the last one, and I'm not at full power at the moment so I guess it was alright :)

getfit
01-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks gf! I didn't think toooooo much of it, but I did progress slightly from the last one, and I'm not at full power at the moment so I guess it was alright :)
well T i go through your journal during the day so i see the progress so that's what counts my boy! just keep doing what you're doing1 :)

TTT
01-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Thanks gf, I really appreciate the encouragement :)

Stackattack
01-27-2005, 03:39 AM
Nice leg workout TTT. I hope uni doesn't bite too much. i'll be there myself in a couple of months.

Coke
01-27-2005, 05:34 AM
*Temp secretary at work keeps staring at me, and gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen when I left yesterday.

Big pimpin TTT, lol...The leg work rocks!!

galileo
01-27-2005, 05:48 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Wait, what are we laughing at?

TheGimp
01-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Nice PR on the, ahem, stiffies ;)

-TIM-
01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
PizDoff: Tim started it..... hahaActually I think it was the chicken's fault.

Can you write your paper on anything you want?

ryuage
01-27-2005, 10:12 AM
nice looking almost atc squats! :)

TTT
01-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Stack: Thanks. It won't bite unless you make it. :) Just try to meet as many people as you can, and you'll be right.

CoCoa: Thanks! Haha I wish....

Galileo: You're supposed to be laughing at my ridiculously-small lifts :)

Gimp: Yeah I was going to type "SLDL" but then I thought, f**k it, they can be 'stiffies' today. :) And thanks.

Tim: Over here, a "paper" is a 'course.' So I can pretty much take any course I want in any faculty at any level. I just need 3 more points :mad:

Ryuage: Thanks man. I try :) I still haven't managed to get enough flexibility to be able to do squats with anything less than just outside shoulder-width feet placement.

Wikked1
01-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Good leg day! Good Squatting and what's the C in ATC? A$$ to the CONCRETE? :D
STIFFIES I like it LMFAO!

-TIM-
01-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Tim: Over here, a "paper" is a 'course.' So I can pretty much take any course I want in any faculty at any level. I just need 3 more points :mad:Great, see if they have a course on Pilates or Yoga. Can you imagine the potential for :hump:

Focused70
01-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Did someone say "horizontal HIIT"? ;)

Stash

lilmase1153
01-27-2005, 06:28 PM
nice leg session 3T... way to kill it

TTT
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Wikked: ATC = Ass-to-calves. I copied it from Ryuage :) I think my legs were probably at about a 60 to 70-degree angle at the bottom (upper leg to lower leg), where 90 degrees=parallel...

Timbo: Ooooooh yeeeaaahhhh...... haha. I doubt whether they have those at uni, I'll check. Maybe, in a more training-for-trainers type way - but you'd probably have to be enrolled in some sort of PT degree or something.

Stash: It wasn't me that started this, I swear :)

Lilmase: Thanks man. I hereby nominate/proclaim you "WBB's Feelgood poster" :D

TTT
01-28-2005, 01:55 AM
ARMS.
===============================================================

SEATED MILITARY PRESSES:
15.5kg x 8
23kg x 8
28kg x 8
I think I did more last time.

SEATED DB PRESSES:
13.5kg x 8
13.5kg x 8
...This is where the 'more' went. :)

DB LATERAL RAISES:
8.5kg DB'S x 6
6kg DB'S x 10
I tried to go heavy the first set, but I just couldn't get those 8.5's up any more than this. So I switched down.

NARROW-GRIP BENCH PRESSES:
40kg x 6
50kg x 7
52.5kg x 8 - P.R. (I think)
Got a guy to spot me on the last set. Probably made me push myself a bit harder. It was pretty good. All of these were done with pinkies just inside the outside edges of the smooth bits in the bar.

CABLE TRICEP PULLDOWNS:
24kg x 8
24kg x 8
As I said previously, these weights mean absolutely nothing. This weight felt equivalent to about 45-48 "kg" on the other machine I used previously.

STRAIGHT-BAR BB CURLS:
(20+BAR) x 4
(10+BAR) x 8
Again, tried to go heavy, and couldn't. :) I think the bar is equivalent to the E-Z curl bar, it's sort of a short version of the olympic bars.

HAMMER CURLS:
11kg DB'S x 9
Negative: 1 rep, ~10 secs.

CARDIO:
Elliptical trainer, 20 mins, 295 Cals.

Music: Faith No More, Tool, Fatboy Slim. Bob Dylan while doing cardio.

Two nice girls in the cardio area. Just us three in the whole place. The gym shut early....the one in the row in front of me had the shortest shorts imaginable on, and she was doing like 150 RPM on the elliptical. That motivated me somewhat.

Weigh-in: 89.2kg (+0.2)

lilmase1153
01-28-2005, 02:00 AM
wbb's feel good poster huh.. i like that i tihnk i may change my little saying under my name to that :-)

damn Tcubed that is a nice w/o man congrats on the PR it looks most excellent mate.. and nice db press by the way..

TTT
01-28-2005, 02:46 AM
Thanks man.

twcolabear
01-28-2005, 02:51 AM
hehe I wasn't paying attention to kg next to weights, and thought that looked weird. but never mind :)
Good job, and I bet those girls are the best motivation.

KiwiBuilder
01-28-2005, 03:10 AM
Good effort T-man, especially those Close Grip Benchs.

Those Militaries are the bomb, Love those.

Are those Seated D/B Press, like an Arnold - start with d/b facing in, chest height and push up, twisting around so they face out?

Here's a sweet way to finish those shoulders when you've done your last set of Arnolds: Line up all the cast d/bs (equal or lighter than you just used) in pairs in front of you. Starting with the heaviest, push out as many as you can, then drop them and without stopping grab the next lightest pair and repeat until there are none left. Trust me, when you get to the end just pushing your arms up without the weights is gonna hurt like a bitch.

For example, my set goes 22.5, 20, 15, 10, 5, 3.

Enjoy...

Stackattack
01-28-2005, 04:01 AM
Great session TTT. Nice close grip PR.

Coke
01-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Damn good workout TTT

Focused70
01-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Good effort T-man, especially those Close Grip Benchs.

Those Militaries are the bomb, Love those.

Curl jockeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 :)

Stash

getfit
01-28-2005, 09:00 AM
great session TTT :)

DoUgL@S
01-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Everytime I see your title I wanna come in here and laugh, but your sessinons are looking good so I wont. I'll just giggle. Nice session man.

TTT
01-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Colabear: Actually, I just write "kg" after them to make myself feel better, they're really in pounds... j/k :D

Kiwibuilder: No, I was just doing them with the db's facing outwards, up and down, knocking together at the top. I might try the twist next time. Thanks for the suggestion on the dropset, I might try that next time, but the gym's usually pretty crowded so it might piss some people off...

Stack: thanks man.

CoCoa: Thanks. I don't think I ate enough before it though.

Stash: ...but deep in your soul, you know you are one too. :)

Getfit: Thanks! I'll be catching up to you soon!

Doug: Thanks dude. Giggling is entirely acceptable :D

briancurran01
01-28-2005, 02:41 PM
so you are at 198 pounds and i am at 229..i will be at 225 tomorrow so i will have 15 to lose to get to 210 and you got 12 to gain to get to 210...should be pretty close bro...how much weight you gaining in a week? i lose about 2-4 a day on the psmf but with the refeeds i gain a little back...i end up about 3 pounds ahead from week to week but leaner big time each week.

good luck on your journey to 210...at least i can say i hit 225, 230, 240 245 and 250 before you lol just playing duder good luck man

KiwiBuilder
01-28-2005, 03:29 PM

Curl jockeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 :)

Stash

...and proud :)

KiwiBuilder
01-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion on the dropset, I might try that next time, but the gym's usually pretty crowded so it might piss some people off...

...or it may provide some entertainment for them, watching a grown man cry as he tries desperately to push dumbells meant for 10 year old girls :)

TheGimp
01-28-2005, 04:30 PM
the one in the row in front of me had the shortest shorts imaginable on, and she was doing like 150 RPM on the elliptical. That motivated me somewhat.

lol great stuff.

Oh and nice session too ;)

chops
01-28-2005, 09:06 PM
nice journal TTT! 10 sec on a negative? you love the burn huh? u SICK PUPPY! :p

TTT
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Brian: I think you're losing weight wayyy faster than I'm gaining it! Good work man. It's going to be tough for me to crack the 200 lb. mark, I think. I'm at about 196 now, not 198 (I think - I guess it depends on the convertors you're using). Journey to 210?? How about 250!! haha

Kiwi: Yeah man, that'd be pretty amusing to watch....

Gimp: Thanks. Yeah I suppose it was ok.

Chops: Yeah, I'm a masochist. :) Actually, what I like even better is the burn I got from doing that cardio mostly with my legs, the day after my leg day. That was kind of fun.... haha

Actually, what do you all think of doing cardio when your legs/arms are still sore? Detrimental to gains? Or is it not a problem?

TTT
01-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Oh man, I just ate a whole pizza again, and now I feel like chucking...
I swear, they put more and more salt in those things every time I go there.
This wasn't helped by the fact that I had a peanut butter sandwich almost immediately before it as well.

getfit
01-29-2005, 02:09 AM
Oh man, I just ate a whole pizza again, and now I feel like chucking...
I swear, they put more and more salt in those things every time I go there.
This wasn't helped by the fact that I had a peanut butter sandwich almost immediately before it as well.
mmmmmm pizza :drooling:

KiwiBuilder
01-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Man, I was this -><- close to having pizza tonight, but opted for Subway which is right next door.

As a curious aside, tonight they actually asked for my name and stuck it up on the wall as a record holder... For what? The mammoth amount of Jalapenos I have on my Melt. Mmmmmmm......warm......

Anyhooo, back to building...

-TIM-
01-30-2005, 03:02 AM
I swear, they put more and more salt in those things every time I go there.I thought you looked bloated.

TTT
01-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Getfit: Yeah, it's ok, but I'm starting to get sick of the salt.
Kiwi: Yeah I usually get a few of those too.
Tim: That's not what you told me last night....

I am extremely pissed off today, and exhausted. The people in the room next to mine decided to do what sounded like rearranging their whole room, from about 11-12:15. I went to bed at 10:30. I can't believe this sh**. We made a rule of quiet in the flat from 10-10. I always have my fan on at night these days, because they always seem to talk all night and that sort of drowns that out, but it can't keep up with doors banging, what sounded like telephone books being dropped on the floor, things being pushed around etc.
You know how you get that feeling where you've ALMOST fallen asleep (or actually, you have, but only just), and then you're woken up (multiple times), and then you can't get back to sleep for ages? That's what happened.... I don't think I got back to sleep until about 1 a.m.

Anyway, I'll just think happy thoughts, today's going to be a *wonderful* day at work. I am going to be *happy* and everyone else will be *happy* and *cheerful* and it's going to be *great.*

[/rant]

getfit
01-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Getfit: Yeah, it's ok, but I'm starting to get sick of the salt.
Kiwi: Yeah I usually get a few of those too.
Tim: That's not what you told me last night....

I am extremely pissed off today, and exhausted. The people in the room next to mine decided to do what sounded like rearranging their whole room, from about 11-12:15. I went to bed at 10:30. I can't believe this sh**. We made a rule of quiet in the flat from 10-10. I always have my fan on at night these days, because they always seem to talk all night and that sort of drowns that out, but it can't keep up with doors banging, what sounded like telephone books being dropped on the floor, things being pushed around etc.
You know how you get that feeling where you've ALMOST fallen asleep (or actually, you have, but only just), and then you're woken up (multiple times), and then you can't get back to sleep for ages? That's what happened.... I don't think I got back to sleep until about 1 a.m.

Anyway, I'll just think happy thoughts, today's going to be a *wonderful* day at work. I am going to be *happy* and everyone else will be *happy* and *cheerful* and it's going to be *great.*

[/rant]

happy thoughts always TTT :clap:

Canadian Crippler
01-30-2005, 04:51 PM
So you're the prick next door who always sleeps at 10:00?

;)

TTT
01-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Getfit: Yeah, no sense in being pissed off all day, it's bad for your health...
Cripster: That's me, man. Although it usually ends up being closer to 11. But not 1. I have to work...

TTT
01-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh man, I shouldn't have gone to the gym. Now I'm downright enraged. Today's been quite possibly the worst day I've had in the last five years. Nothing majorly bad has happened, but the volume of stupid crap that's gone on rivals even the worst days that I've had.

CHEST/BACK
============================================================

FLAT BB BENCH:
40kg x 7
50kg x 6
60kg x 7
Crap.

INCLINE DB PRESS:
Skipped because there were no benches available, and f***ed if I'm going to wait half an hour for a bench.

DIPS:
BW x 5
BW x 6
Crap.

PULLUPS:
BW x 5
BW x 5
Crap.

DEADS:
50kg x 6
60kg x 6
70kg x 6
75kg x 6 - P.R.
This was perhaps the only good thing about this workout.

BENT-OVER STANDING BB ROWS:
38kg x 9
38kg x 8
Crap.

SHRUGS:
11kg x 16
Complete and utter waste of time. Oh, did I mention they were crap? The dumbells from 8kg up to 18.5kg were being used, the 11's were the only thing left. So I used them. What a complete and utter waste of my energy. I couldn't even feel my traps working until the 15th rep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here's the other bullsh** stuff that really pissed me off today:

*Work was ok, but I ended up with nothing to do for most of the day. BORING. I fell asleep a couple of times, while trying to type out my placement report - due to my ~6 hours' sleep last night, and the boredom.

*In the gym, I was waiting for 10 mins (no sh**!) by the ONLY place to do powerlifts or deads or whatever (everywhere else has a wooden floor, this little area big enough for one person has the mats) and then this other guy who's the friend of the guy I'm waiting for jumps in with him, and then they start doing CURLS in the mat area. OMFG I felt like destroying something at that point. I asked them how many more sets they were going to do, then went to keep my muscles warm on the rowing machine. 25 minutes after I had first started waiting there, they finished. I let this other guy who seemed equally pissed off about the fact they were doing curls in that area work in with me, he was doing power cleans. So that was ok.

*The gym smelled like crap. No, really, it smelled like someone had come in at night and relieved themself in a corner somewhere, and then left it there.

*I came home after the gym, only to find out that the person who was supposed to have cooked dinner is in fact on holiday for two weeks. Without telling anyone. This isn't a biggie, but I was pretty hungry.

*I was pouring some frozen veggies out of the bag, and some Einstein cut both corners of the bag off. So I had to clean up those off the floor.

*I keep getting spam emails telling me to join up to some stupid online text message service, that my friends supposedly sent me the invitation to. Problem is, I don't know when they're actually emails from friends, and when they're bullsh** spam crap sent by mass marketing moguls who like to piss people off even more than they already were because they're already having a sh**ty day. Oh, and email's free, so why not send out 1,000,000,000,000,000,001 emails each and every day, and clog bandwidth, in the hopes that your pathetic piece of trash writing will somehow entice someone into buying one of your pathetic, snivelling little products?

*My car is dirty.

*I need to do some laundry.

Weigh-in: 89.4kg

Canadian Crippler
01-31-2005, 12:32 AM
This reminds me of my old journal, lol.

TTT
01-31-2005, 12:35 AM
Hopefully it'll be more positive over the next couple of days.

getfit
01-31-2005, 02:19 AM
we all have bad days my boy! session still looks good! :)

Stackattack
01-31-2005, 06:33 AM
Nice Deads TTT. The session didn't look all that bad. As for the rest of your day LOL.

DoUgL@S
01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
A day when you hit a PR in the gym is a good day in the gym. As for the other stuff, chin up.

Focused70
01-31-2005, 09:31 AM
:eek:

Perhaps I shouldn't complain about curl jockeys in the power rack then.

Still, nice session Trip.

Stash

TTT
02-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone. Today was MUCH better. :)
I'll take a tour around your journals tomorrow, I'm a bit busy today.

lilmase1153
02-01-2005, 03:16 AM
ace session man.. i like them deads 3T

Stephen Riddington
02-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Love your rants, Triple T. :D

You're damn funny, I see a little Budiak in you.

Wikked1
02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
LMFAO dude I like you rants too!! Brutal honesty and you know days like that are just going to happen and when they do......SQUAT! :D

TTT
02-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Mase: cheers man
Homer: Thanks, oh really? I'll have to read one of his journals sometime. Has he got any current ones up?
Wikked: Haha. Yeah, it's always the best cure, eh? Or beating people up. That's always fun too.

LEGS
Well, today I didn't get to the gym till around 8:15pm. They shut at 9 for some odd reason. So it was a quick, truncated session....
Also, I forgot my pen and piece of paper that I write stuff down on, so I can't remember reps.

SQUATS:
30kg x ~5
35kg x ~6
40kg x ~6
45kg x ~5
47.5kg x ~5 - I think this is a P.R....... and it felt so easy tonight! I could have gotten twice this number of reps if I'd waited longer in between, I think.

HACKS:
25kg + training wheels x ~5
25kg + training wheels x ~5

Supersetted with

STIFFIES:
40kg x ~5
45kg x ~6 - again, I think this is a P.R. but I can't be bothered clicking back to my last legs day. Everything felt light, anyway. Even though my back and legs still were a bit tired from those heavy deads on monday.

SEATED LEG CURLS:
48kg x ~6
42kg x ~6
Quick Dropset:
42x6
38x?
32x?
28x?
Man, that burned. No breaks in between, I was fighting against the closing chimes. And the guard that was trying to close the place up.

No interesting girls at that time of night. The smell that was there last time seems to have left the gym. There were two guys doing curls in the powerlift area again, although this time they let me in pretty much straight away. The gym was actually functional for the first time I've been there in awhile, in terms of the number of people per weight plate/machine/rack etc. This time there were more weight plates than people.

Music: Nirvana, Prodigy, La Rumeur (French rap group, they're pretty cool), that's about it I think. Workout was so short it didn't need any more.

One of the "Narcotics Suite" songs by The Prodigy has this laughing bit at the start which freaks the hell out of me, I keep having to switch songs when it comes on. Seriously, you'll know what I mean if you hear it.
Weigh-in: a WHOPPING 90.2kg (199lbs)!! WOOHOO! I'd just eaten dinner about half an hour beforehand though.

TTT
02-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Oh, and I'll have to do calves on arm day. There was just no time.

getfit
02-02-2005, 02:40 AM
nice squaty's TTT ! looking good :)

Miss Rezza
02-02-2005, 03:39 AM
One of the "Narcotics Suite" songs by The Prodigy has this laughing bit at the start which freaks the hell out of me, I keep having to switch songs when it comes on. Seriously, you'll know what I mean if you hear it.

LOL!!! I havent heard it, but damn, you got me intrigued now. :nod:

Coke
02-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Good leg work TTT.