PDA

View Full Version : Help with my eating plan

SwaY
01-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I've been lifting seriously for the past 2 years but never had really focused intensely on my nutritional plan. I just began to read the articles on this forum which has been very useful, but I'm still sort of confused of how I should eat to gain more mass. I am 19, 6'1, weigh around 190, and max bench is currently 325. I would like to bulk up to around 210. To start...what should my eating plans be to reach this goal?? Such as protein and calorie intake. Right now I am taking in around 200 grams of protein per day. Should I increase this amount? Thanks

snowster900
01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Well you weigh 190 so i think .. multiply that by like 16 and add 500 to that and thast how much you should bulk on. You could add a little more protein but 200 is fine thats a tiny bit over 1gram for each pound

Dirt
01-06-2005, 06:02 AM
I've been lifting seriously for the past 2 years but never had really focused intensely on my nutritional plan. I just began to read the articles on this forum which has been very useful, but I'm still sort of confused of how I should eat to gain more mass. I am 19, 6'1, weigh around 190, and max bench is currently 325. I would like to bulk up to around 210. To start...what should my eating plans be to reach this goal?? Such as protein and calorie intake. Right now I am taking in around 200 grams of protein per day. Should I increase this amount? Thanks

First of all, do some reading about diets in this forum. Specifically search for people's diets and perhaps looka t their journals. Don't worry too much about protein on your bulk as long as you have 1g/lb bw you should be fine. I'm sure you'll get more than this anyone while bulking. What's more important is your total caloric intake. Before you even start a bulk you need an idea of what your maintenance caloric intake is and you're the only one with a clue as to what that may be. Once you figure that out you can ask some questions from there, but your post is pretty open ended you need to be a lot more specific with what it is you're looking for. To directly answer your question 200g is good enough for your current weight.

AdmiralDan
01-06-2005, 06:12 AM
other than how much you eat, you have to pay attention to what you eat. go to the diet and nutrition forum and read the sticky about what a bodybuilder eats. eat that kind of stuff and for bulking, eat a lot of it. i think there is also something mentioned about how many calories to eat