PDA

View Full Version : How many calories should I ahve?

jblaze5779
01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey guys kinda new here, anyways

I'm trying to get back in shape after my fat ass gained 40 pounds over the past 2yrs. Right now I mainly want to concentrate on losing weight but I'd like to keep the muscle I've already got.

I'm 6'1", 230lb, probably about 17%BF

I cut my cals down to about 1500(I'm not sure if this is too little) a day you can view my fitday journal here:
FITDAY (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jblaze5779)

The question is how many calories should I cut back on to lost the weight? I want to be about 195-200 by May.

With what's on that journal I'm not usually that hungry during the day. I work in an office and I've been meaning to go get some fruit for snacks but I haven't done it yet. I try to drink a ton of water whenever I can.

Also I've been taking one ECA stack in the morning and one about 30min before my workout, which is mainly a bunch of cardio. I used to walk or run for 45min but I sprained my ankle hella good last week and spent 4hrs in the ER getting it fixed up. Needless to say I've got a swole foot and a lovely foot-wide bruise. So instead I've been riding a stationary bike with enough effort to burn almost 400cal in 45min.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AdmiralDan
01-06-2005, 12:01 PM
first off, look at the sticky on what a bodybuilder eats in the diet and nutrition section. eat that kind of stuff. your diet looks okay from what i've seen. try to stop eating junk food and start a good workout routine like wbb#1. you may want to eat a little more. you don't want to starve your body too much or you will stop losing weight. search the forum and you will find a million different threads regaurding weight loss

jblaze5779
01-06-2005, 12:07 PM
thanks, yeah yesterday was a ****ty day for me I usually don't eat like that but it was the last Chicken wrap day at the office and if you had one of these wrap you'd want to eat them also. BEst thing i've ever had.
It was also a 10hr day so I threw the m&m's in to make it through.

CraigVA286
01-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Eating way to little. You should eat double that to stop fat gain from your body going into starvation mode. You should eat like 220g of protein a day to make sure there isnt muscle loss (atrophy) and lift 3 times a week.

On the stationary bike you should do interval training (HIIT) .. it really gets the fat off

Its the same thing professional football players and sprinters do to get amazing physiques - explosive power

AdmiralDan
01-06-2005, 12:18 PM
try throwing in something healthy instead. fruit, nuts, protein shake, mrp shake, protein bar, something healthy instead of m&m's

jblaze5779
01-06-2005, 12:24 PM
try throwing in something healthy instead. fruit, nuts, protein shake, mrp shake, protein bar, something healthy instead of m&m's

that's on the plan, was just unavailable at the time

jblaze5779
01-06-2005, 12:25 PM
On the stationary bike you should do interval training (HIIT) .. it really gets the fat off

Its the same thing professional football players and sprinters do to get amazing physiques - explosive power

I want to try that stuff but with the ankle I'm taking it easy for now.